AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-01-25, 21:09   Link #2281
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Mueti: 7/10 The character looks sad.
Cyz: 10/10 I love the gift. It is creative ^^.
Old 2007-01-25, 21:18   Link #2282
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Mueti: quite a simple blinking avie still nice though. 8/10
mimi_girl: aaw! she's trying to look cuter no? 7/10
kayos: 7/10
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 15:20   Link #2283
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Raiju32 ~ nice one but the animation is a bit too fast and also no border...still you are improving quite fast...took me a while to figure out how to make animated avies 8/10

cyz ~ you know how to pull at my heart strings :3 but its just that the 2nd half of the animation is kinda jumpy 8.5/10

mine...a tribute to a happy happy girl named shiori ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 16:08   Link #2284
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
cyz ~ you know how to pull at my heart strings :3 but its just that the 2nd half of the animation is kinda jumpy 8.5/10
Well according to Pell, the avie is a little tricky to loop. She could answer that one if she post here.

Deathkillz: Not a big fan of Shiori but she looks cute on that one. Such big eyes 8/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-01-26, 17:34   Link #2285
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Well according to Pell, the avie is a little tricky to loop. She could answer that one if she post here.
She?! Twice?!? In case you didn't notice, I'm a male, you know?

And yes, that sequence is tricky because basically only the girl's hairs are moving, while the face is almost stuck. So could I do a reverse loop of the hair movement? Answer: yes I could, but it would just be stupid. ^^

Deathkillz: I knew Shiori goodness would have arisen after episode 17. The motion is cute and Shiori is a plus, but she's not centered! Being centered is the main thing for a character ^^ 7,5/10 ... if you'll move her a bit on the right, add an half point.
Old 2007-01-26, 18:56   Link #2286
favojavo
Do The Shika Shake

Send a message via AIM to favojavo
JOJOS'STAR I love shes so umm naked!!!

ohh could some one rate mine

Captue: i like yours simple not to much but good 8/10

Last edited by xris; 2007-01-27 at 11:25.
favojavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 19:37   Link #2287
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Kayos. 9.2
Old 2007-01-26, 20:12   Link #2288
Mr.Kurosaki
[Bankai]

I'm too lazy to make a new avie... but I will update mine soon...

ok here's the ratings...

capture = your previous is better than the current one... so...9/10 (biased again bec. of Saber)

Raiju32 = deathkillz says all..... 8/10

Cyz = just as nice as before... 9/10

Deathkillz = 9/10 it's now nice

Vexx = kawaii 8.5/10

Mueti = simple but clean 8/10

Kayos = 7/10

favojavo = cute.... 7.5/10

Ai Suzuki = I think I've rated it before ...but ok (quality is damaged I think 35 frames is so many >_< ) and it's kinda like dizzy... 8/10 for it....

Last edited by Mr.Kurosaki; 2007-01-27 at 17:46.
Mr.Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 03:36   Link #2289
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Mr.Kurosaki - 8.7
I blinked too much and thought it was a static image. Then it turned into the eye thing. Creepy... but in a good way. I wonder if you could turn him/her about 5-15 degrees counter-clockwise so she's a little more straight or angled up. :x

Ai Suzuki - 9.0
35 frames into 50KB!? That's no ballpark. Teach me your secrets sir! I've had to make so many sacrifices to get mine compressed. It's a little dizzying yet suspenseful. Honestly, I think it's awsome.

favojavo - 7.6
Cute enough. I wish I had more to say but I don't. Actually, I do. You should put that Shika Shake as your text below your name. Leave more room to the image. That's just what I would have done, at least.

Vexx - 8.3
You've had that girl in your avie foreeever. Anyways, I like the look. I just think the image is a little too white or too pale. Could use more contrast.

Pellissier - 8.2
Another avatar that I didn't know was animated until I stared at it for a few seconds. Something about it looks a little strange. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the cheeks changing in redness as she sticks her tongue out. That's probably it. Those black lines running through seem wierd. Also, the framing is slightly off. If you can, raise her so that the eyes are roughly 1/3 the way below the top of the frame. That's probably it, yeah.

Cyz - 8.5
That girl has a loooooot of hair. lol Border is somewhat difficult to see especially at the top left. The hair movement is a little strange, but I'm sure you had to make difficult adjustments as I had to with mine. = P

Deathkillz - 8.6
Basic eye blink. Quality is good, but again center it and all is well.

Mine kind of encompasses the same scene from the same anime as Deathkillz'. 27 frames reduced to 13ish. Help me out, Ai Suzuki! >_<
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 04:05   Link #2290
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Ai Suzuki - 9.0
35 frames into 50KB!? That's no ballpark. Teach me your secrets sir! I've had to make so many sacrifices to get mine compressed. It's a little dizzying yet suspenseful. Honestly, I think it's awsome.
[cut]
Mine kind of encompasses the same scene from the same anime as Deathkillz'. 27 frames reduced to 13ish. Help me out, Ai Suzuki! >_<
Lol, welcome to the "how the heck will I fit it under 50 Kb?" club!
By the way, there's not a rule saying "a lot of frames = huge size" . It's likely but not inevitable. Basically the size depends on the number of colours in the sequence (not meant as 64 or 128 palette). If you watch that scenes there are three dominant colours, red, yellow and black. If you check frame by frame you'll also see how a sequence of reddish frames is followed by a sequence of blackish and so on. So it makes sense the size is thin. At that point put a 64 colours palette, it won't show great compressions, and it will even fit under 50 Kb.

Sample:

This avatar I made has 73 frames and it's 49,75 Kb. No secrets, just rationality :P

You have trouble with your Shiori's because the scene is full of light and different colours. Plus KyoAni animations are not exactly the easiest to be giffed (except for blinks or alike) ^^

Zaris: The movements looks unnatural, either when she brings the glass at her mouth, either on the return. But this has to be accepted as consequence of the limit. The three first frames of the return phase though are choppy and that'd be my major complaint. As it is, is a bit flawy, but I acknowledge how difficult is that sequence 7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Meh.. "she" ... "he" ... everyone's a sexless piece of vapor on the Net ... yet another reason we need genderless pronouns
"You must rate someone else avatar everytime you post in this thread otherwise your post will be deleted"

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-01-27 at 04:20.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 04:56   Link #2291
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
why is everyone so obsessed with it being centered? just the image of goddess shiori alone should be enough

zaris ~ what pelly said i should try that scene as well (gonna be difficult i see) 8/10 for effort and +1 for bias fanboyism lol

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 09:47   Link #2292
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Yeah, seriously. Try it for yourself! You're about to see just how hard it is to make a repeating .gif of something that doesn't repeat at all! >= O

I had considered making it so that her lips would always be on the cup, but that didn't seem very natural at all. I tried desperately to mimic real drinking motion (or at least funny it in a "I just took a spoonful of curry and I'm about to explode" kind of way). This was the best I could do and the best quality I could take - 12% loss, high 70s dither. Talk about yuck. Thanks to you and Pellissier for understanding what I had to put up with. = P

In addition, Pellissier I see what you mean now. Less colors, less light, and you can make amends while keeping the quality and file size as good as intended. I especially get what you mean by light too. Black costs like a fraction of a byte. My signature is full of dark colors and when saving it to the web, it was only 28 kilobytes for a .jpg (I changed it to .png and it was still less than 50). Next time, I should try for a darker .gif in my avatar and see how that goes.

Deathkillz - 9.0
Better. Now I see you have the cameraman's eye. Don't you feel looks better too? = P If I could rub you the wrong way again, I'd say get more of her head in frame and less of the shoulders (more work! Bwahaha). I'm only saying this cuz her mouth and nose is next to invisible. Zooming in might fix that.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 11:54   Link #2293
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
She?! Twice?!? In case you didn't notice, I'm a male, you know?
Ah! well, your name sounds like one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos
who is she by the way, the nameless flower that warms my heart
Setsuna from Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora

flavojavo: quite adorable ain't it? 7/10

Zaris: mmm, it's not a good Shiori scene I'm sure you can find a better one 7/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-01-27, 12:34   Link #2294
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Mr.Kurosaki - 8.7
I blinked too much and thought it was a static image. Then it turned into the eye thing. Creepy... but in a good way. I wonder if you could turn him/her about 5-15 degrees counter-clockwise so she's a little more straight or angled up. :x

Ai Suzuki - 9.0

favojavo - 7.6
Cute enough. I wish I had more to say but I don't. Actually, I do. You should put that Shika Shake as your text below your name. Leave more room to the image. That's just what I would have done, at least.

Vexx - 8.3
You've had that girl in your avie foreeever. Anyways, I like the look. I just think the image is a little too white or too pale. Could use more contrast.

Pellissier - 8.2
Another avatar that I didn't know was animated until I stared at it for a few seconds. Something about it looks a little strange. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the cheeks changing in redness as she sticks her tongue out. That's probably it. Those black lines running through seem wierd. Also, the framing is slightly off. If you can, raise her so that the eyes are roughly 1/3 the way below the top of the frame. That's probably it, yeah.

Cyz - 8.5
That girl has a loooooot of hair. lol Border is somewhat difficult to see especially at the top left. The hair movement is a little strange, but I'm sure you had to make difficult adjustments as I had to with mine. = P

Deathkillz - 8.6
Basic eye blink. Quality is good, but again center it and all is well.

Thanks but I didn't make it. Cats did.

Cyz: 9.3
Old 2007-01-27, 23:49   Link #2295
Mr.Kurosaki
[Bankai]

Ok updated mine.... here's Evangeline ....from Negima!?

Zaris...they've said it all.... 8/10
Old 2007-01-28, 18:04   Link #2296
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Deathkillz: Blinking Shiori in school uniform . 9.5/10

Zaris: Shiroi drinking water in school uniform . 9/10

Cyz: That girl is kawaii. Nice animation. 9/10

Ai Suzuki: Good scene but it's hard to tell what's going on. 7/10

Mr. Kurosaki: Evangeline looks nice. I'm not so sure if the wind is at the right speed or not for my tastes . 8/10

I have a new avatar. I think the "unknown wobbly thing" Yuuichi was holding might have gone mouldy . Now it's Minagi Tohno sweeping.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 18:20   Link #2297
kyo miu
a dream is to believe

Send a message via MSN to kyo miu
hmmmm

not bad but it is too simple
kyo miu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 02:31   Link #2298
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Kyo miu~ why not use all 100x100px that you've got to play with? 7/10
Maxon~ it is a tad bit simple.
Old 2007-01-29, 07:36   Link #2299
Mr.Kurosaki
[Bankai]

ok updated again....now this time it's Asuna.....

ratings

Maxon = IMO she's not on herself while she's sweeping (she paused a little bit.... ) 8/10
Kyo_miu = I think it look likes the free avies available....7/10
Old 2007-01-29, 09:58   Link #2300
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Maxon: Tohno! It's not a good scene but it's nice nonetheless. 7/10

Mr. Kurosaki: The last one is much better IMO. 7/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from