AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 11:23   Link #7261
Rahan

Some unsorted thoughts :

We should have seen coming the lack of Laxus / Gildarts in the tournament.
It was said Sabertooth became strong after recruiting 5 strongs mages and only 5 FT wizard got the powerup. (could say even 4. Erza already had reached her potential, so she wasn't affected).

When Leon thinks he can win the whole thing with Jura, you know the likes of Laxus or Gildarts would be WAY overkill in the tournament. (even if currently, Mashima is trying to make us think FT would struggle against level B or C wizard)

The 2 DS3 said they were little 7 years ago, so I assume they hadn't killed their dragons yet. Where the hell would they get dragons to kill during the timeskip ?

Funny how the blond DS went from "probably being able to beat Natsu" to "probably being able to kill Acnologia" in 7 chapters. He clearly has no idea

There is a 3rd Dragon Slayer. At least, there is a 3rd cat, who was spying on Wendy. I assume this DS will beat / kidnap her and Gajeel will have to replace her in the team. Rogue is tied to him, so they will fight ...

This 3rd DS belongs to the faction doing that weird magic thing FT wants to investigate. If it's Sabertooth, then the Master is the 3rd DS. Otherwise, that faction is the main antagonist of the arc and that's when Laxus, Gildarts and Makarov will come into play. Makarov finally passed the baton to Gildarts, so he may even die, even if no one ever dies in FT.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:36   Link #7262
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
There is a 3rd Dragon Slayer. At least, there is a 3rd cat, who was spying on Wendy. I assume this DS will beat / kidnap her and Gajeel will have to replace her in the team. Rogue is tied to him, so they will fight ...
That thing...looks nothing like a cat O.O

PS: I'm waiting for those cats to meet Lily and go "It's another stupid cat!" just so Lily can go full battle mode and scare the shit out of them...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:42   Link #7263
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Is that why the original Dragons left? So as not to die? ... Seems kinda weaksause, especially since Igneel doesn't seem like the type to just run away from a deathmatch...unless he's worried about Natsu...
Something's not adding up.
I agree with this.

Btw, do you think they beat up their dragon parents after getting the lachryma or before?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:42   Link #7264
haegar
mangaviking

as I said, I think that thing is some imp/chibi demon spy creature/summons/pet for Raven Tail. I feel its deranged looks fit with the bunch of em

also, in case anybody has seen that rly rly baaaad dungeon's &dragons movie, it reminds of the little demon impshit profion is using for spying. I expect it to be something just like that - needless to say, at some point I shall be delt with by an heroic Happy
Old 2012-01-06, 11:53   Link #7265
immblueversion

I couldn't help but notice, back in chapter 263, Raven Tail's master Ivan was accompanied by four other members. Considering the rules of the tournament say that five members of each guild must be chosen to participate, and the master must not be one of them, I think there's no bet that the fifth member to represent Raven Tail will be Gajeel, due to his pseudo-membership. But if I'm right, the only question would be exactly why he'd be fighting for them. After all, Makarov has no idea where Gajeel's disappeared off to, and he's the one who made Gajeel "join" Raven Tail in the first place, so Gajeel's clearly acting outside of Makarov's orders. I guess time will tell; I just want his mission with Raven Tail over and done with.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:55   Link #7266
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
ah well since you all dont mind...nmm about tags then

well Gajeel is bound to show up at some point because one of those fakes used to be his student..
they are not his students, that was a mistake by the translator.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:09   Link #7267
haegar
mangaviking

GAH. rargh biki biki ... speed release is fine and all BUT ...

thx for clearing that up

though I gotta say I am slightly surprised this correction is all you have to contribute considering the beauty of Juvia's cleavage in that one panel ...
Old 2012-01-06, 12:10   Link #7268
sergel02

Aww i wanted to see Levy fight, but she can'tn if she's not in the group.

But it does make me wonder about Juvia and Levy since they got power-ups too.

and i loved the scene with Juvia, Gray and Leon.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:16   Link #7269
White Silver King
The Isley

Really? Nobody came back so it's going to be those 5? -.-

I mean Wendy? Really? Lluvia is there, a potential S-Class who almost nobody can harm, why go with the little girl?

In an interesting twist, that Sting guy is a crazy-ass mofo. I scratch my original theory that him and Sting are going to join FT - they killed their own parents... But then again everything in FT is forgivable.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:19   Link #7270
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So they are just 'Ascended Fanboys' of the Dragon Slayers, namely Gajeel. Makes sense.

And I forgot to mention: Sweet mother of MILF - Bisca, Bisca, Bisca, you make married women everywhere jealous.

I would NOT want to pick a fight with Alzack now, nope, not ever. Insanely beautiful wife and an insanely cute lil daughter - Two of the greatest motivations for a man to utterly annhilate anything in his path. Would not pick a fight with him..
Old 2012-01-06, 13:00   Link #7271
sergel02

For the first time in a while, i was genuinely surprised at the ending.

Still wondering about why the team is only 5 tho.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 13:05   Link #7272
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And I forgot to mention: Sweet mother of MILF - Bisca, Bisca, Bisca, you make married women everywhere jealous.

I would NOT want to pick a fight with Alzack now, nope, not ever. Insanely beautiful wife and an insanely cute lil daughter - Two of the greatest motivations for a man to utterly annhilate anything in his path. Would not pick a fight with him..
I couldn't agree more. Alzack is one lucky SOB.

As for the chapter itself...meh. Though I did enjoy the Juvia bit, and her latest look is great too.

Though did Gray really say, "Don't go taking what's mine!" when Leon started walking away with Juvia? It's Gray (and Mashima) so I don't expect a lot out of it, but I thought it'd be nice if that's what he really did say.

Unless they're officially an item and I just somehow forgot. How far back was the Lamia Scale arc anyways? I feel like re-reading it now.
Old 2012-01-06, 14:01   Link #7273
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Really? Nobody came back so it's going to be those 5? -.-

I mean Wendy? Really? Lluvia is there, a potential S-Class who almost nobody can harm, why go with the little girl?
Well Wendy has healing powers which the other five don't so it sort of makes sense for her to get chosen.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 14:09   Link #7274
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Well Wendy has healing powers which the other five don't so it sort of makes sense for her to get chosen.
Except, from what I can tell, the competitions are solo. So her being able to heal people is irrelevant. Unless of course Mashima decides to make this years competition a melee, which I don't think he will because it's not the stage that would let Natsu shine.
Old 2012-01-06, 14:11   Link #7275
haegar
mangaviking

well next chap is sky labyrinth ...so it's safe to assume her powers will be of some use?

but sending her into a labyrinth alone...

I can see how the villains will send a van to pick her up ...
Old 2012-01-06, 14:25   Link #7276
Krono

My guess is that Gajeel, and possibly Pantherlily are going to turn up as Raven Tail representatives, seeing as Raven Tail apparently managed to become no longer a dark guild in the past 7 years. Gildarts not showing up is unsurprising seeing as he was last seen running from the responsibility of being Guild Master as quickly and quietly as he could.

The interesting question is "Why aren't Laxus and Mirajane's training groups back yet?" They should have easily been able to return in time as they didn't accidentally spend the better part of three months in another dimension, and accept a quick but painful power up in the short amount of time left to them. Of course the reverse of that is that Laxus and Mirajane's groups spent three months in the regular world, and unlike Erza's group who was at a public place, their groups were in remote areas. Plenty of opportunity for some unpleasantness to befall them.

Particularly seeing as we saw Ivan saying it was time to pass judgement upon Fairy Tail and he couldn't wait until the tournament. Not to mention the whole thing with the choice of tests apparently being consistently against Fairy Tail.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 14:33   Link #7277
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
G
though I gotta say I am slightly surprised this correction is all you have to contribute considering the beauty of Juvia's cleavage in that one panel ...
i am more of a GreyXUrtear shipper and i am also waiting for the Chinese scans so i can complaint more about the English translation.
Old 2012-01-06, 14:48   Link #7278
White Silver King
The Isley

I'm guessing Raven Tail had a hand in their disappearance. I hope Mira's okay, she deserves a power-up to put her back on Erza's level.
Old 2012-01-06, 14:48   Link #7279
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Gajeel is by far my favorite character, so I hope we get more Gajeel this arc...not only more Gajeel but at least have him do something that shows how badass he really is (his last fight was so disappointing when you consider that he fought fodder while everyone else was off fighting the 7 kins, yet he got taken out of the rest of the arc)
I really would like to see his reaction to the whole "We killed our dragons/parents" thing.
Also, I would not be opposed to him being on Raven Tail's team, causing some drama about him betraying FT when in reality he's just under Makarov's orders.

Was I the only one that had Bisca rise to the top 5 hottest chicks in FT after the timeskip? I mean...MILF!!!!

I actually have a feeling that Wendy will end up being kidnapped by that little devil looking thing and a replacement will be put in place. Meanwhile the crew not in the competition would handle the whole , getting Wendy back thing.

Anyway...my hopes for this arc:
- More Gajeel badassery;
- More Luxus and Thunder God Tribe;
- More Luvia hot ho hotness;
- Bisca fanservice;
- Acnologia humiliating the "third generation" idiots;

That is all, for now...

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I'm guessing Raven Tail had a hand in their disappearance. I hope Mira's okay, she deserves a power-up to put her back on Erza's level.
Actually Mira and Erza should be about the same level, in my opinion. Don't forget that in her fight with Azuma she was not only tired from the exam, but she also had to protect Lizanna. Azuma even admitted that she was tough and had to resort to the time bomb thing on Lisanna. Erza on the other had might have been a bit tired, but she wasn't protecting anyone.
True, Erza might have surpassed her, but in my eyes, she is only slightly ahead.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:00   Link #7280
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Actually Mira and Erza should be about the same level, in my opinion. Don't forget that in her fight with Azuma she was not only tired from the exam, but she also had to protect Lizanna. Azuma even admitted that she was tough and had to resort to the time bomb thing on Lisanna. Erza on the other had might have been a bit tired, but she wasn't protecting anyone.
True, Erza might have surpassed her, but in my eyes, she is only slightly ahead.
Oh, I'm not doubting Mira - she's my favorite character and I thinks she's awesome. It's just that she and Erza used to be dead even when they were younger according to flashbacks but then Mira was out of commission for several years which gave Erza the time to forge ahead a little. I'm just seeing this as an excuse to put them back on that dead even trail, Makarov mentioning her as someone he wanted to be sure they'd win cemented it for me. I don't think it's an accident Mira has has 3 months to train and Erza had Ultear's "help" which didn't actually do much since she apparently already had at least some access to her second container. Although, all of this goes right down the toilet if Mashima had them get raped by Raven Tail which I have a creeping suspicion about

About Gajeel, I'm sure he's with Raven Tail at the moment. I went back and checked to RT's intro and, Ivan as a Master aside, there's only 4 members in that pic. I'm guessing Gajeel will be the fifth.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen