AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-08, 01:37   Link #941
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Why is the whole argument based on whether anyone deserves something or 'should' be doing things? This is war, people. Anything between the haphazard alliances that Zero makes or the proxy control that Suzaku is aiming for are not the modus operandi of a war. War, especially one as complete and with the singular goal of conquest as Britannia's, it doesn't really need to operate on the conventions of war. Did the Nazis knock on the door saying they'd Blitzkrieg? Hell no.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 03:04   Link #942
Crontica

busting into laughter imagining Suzaku protecting a wild-fires life

anyway Britannia is at fault for invading the country in the first place put aside weather britannia was provoked or not as we have seen from season 1 they invaded just so they could get a hold of of some strange ruins and screwed the entire Japanese lives over it, that is not acceptable in my book.
Old 2008-05-08, 11:02   Link #943
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Why is the whole argument based on whether anyone deserves something or 'should' be doing things? This is war, people. Anything between the haphazard alliances that Zero makes or the proxy control that Suzaku is aiming for are not the modus operandi of a war. War, especially one as complete and with the singular goal of conquest as Britannia's, it doesn't really need to operate on the conventions of war. Did the Nazis knock on the door saying they'd Blitzkrieg? Hell no.
Are you saying you don't think the Nazis were to blame? Or perhaps that the Nazis, as people have suggested in this thread, were provoked like Britannia so they're not to blame? Or that you think whatever countries fell under the Nazis reign deserved it? I mean, just because you don't want to have an opinion about this issue doesn't mean the rest of us can't have one.

Right, wrong, deserving, non-deserving, it's all subjective and hence, it's up to us to discuss it as best as we can instead of just saying 'Hey, this person/country doesn't deserve to be judged because who are we to judge? There's no objective right/wrong in the world' Which is an argument I find to be total BS since NOBODY in the world is that unopinionated. Everyone has their own views of right/wrong and they're entitled to discussing it.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 20:23   Link #944
orangejuicetang

I'm sorry that I did not make my point clear. It was really late and I just finished studying for a test. My fault.
I never said that Britannia shouldn't be condemned for the invasion or at least I didn't mean to say it. I was just trying to say that Japan wasn't entirely blameless. For the fire analogy, I think I just meant that fire is pretty much a brainless elemental force that doesn't exactly follow logic or reason, so one can't really praise or condemn fire because, well, it kind of doesn't have a free will. I guess I was being kind of literal minded about the fire example for some reason. Then agian, I have no idea why I comparing a country to the combustion of oxygen. Hmmm. Probably just a bad wording or choice of example on my part due to exhaustion.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 20:59   Link #945
Lowell1025

uh, just cuz someone kicked your arse doesn't justify you pump some lead into theirs....

Okay we got that

but then what's the point, our Orange-Kun (;p), to point out Japan's also at fault for Britania's invasion?
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 21:45   Link #946
Aquaman OS

There is no point, other than in Geass universe all countries are assholes and there is no holy and sacred land here.

Orb does not exist in Geass.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 07:47   Link #947
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
There is no point, other than in Geass universe all countries are assholes and there is no holy and sacred land here.

Orb does not exist in Geass.
Orb was a bunch of ***holes to.

Stupid double-dealing, hypocritical, holier-than-though inbred hereditary nitwits.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:20   Link #948
Eagles
Char clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Orb was a bunch of ***holes to.

Stupid double-dealing, hypocritical, holier-than-though inbred hereditary nitwits.
inbred eh? I must have missed that part.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 17:49   Link #949
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
inbred eh? I must have missed that part.
Cagelli marries her cousin as a political alliance, and nobody acts like it was in anyway a strange or unusual occurance. It's an island with a hereditary aristocracy.

These things happen.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 18:34   Link #950
Lowell1025

......I have no idea what we are discussing anymore
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 21:08   Link #951
Aquaman OS

My fault. I brought up Destiny which always brings up negativity.
Old 2008-05-11, 21:17   Link #952
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Japan would have been the next superpower, but was nowhere as close compared to Britannia or the others. Yes, Britannia is at fault for invading (actually Japan was at fault as well) There is no "innocent" nations in Code Geass, all is about power and greed.

"There is no winner in a war, just someone that loses more than the other side"

Yea, we need to get back on topic. Suzaku, please display more hax and more kicking will be nice.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 21:18   Link #953
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Doesn't that make him sort of boring though?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 21:19   Link #954
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Doesn't that make him sort of boring though?
True. But mecha action (not Kira-hax) is always good. The latest ep was a good display of that. Even Suzaku had trouble dealing with Guren MK III.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 21:21   Link #955
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Did he? He didn't seem all that concerned to me. And he'll likely be more prepared since he has seen it in action now.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 23:37   Link #956
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

he didn't really have a problem with it, it was just new tech that threw him off. in terms of piloting ability, Suzaku is still miles ahead of Kallen.

and that makes it two eps in a row where Suzaku has fucked over lelouch. woot. more power to him.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 23:44   Link #957
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Did he? He didn't seem all that concerned to me. And he'll likely be more prepared since he has seen it in action now.
More like they werent' even putting any effort into the fight.

"Oh Kallen's still fighting, might as well shoot her,"

His priority was to rescue Nunnally, not fight Kallen.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 00:22   Link #958
Aquaman OS

That was barely a fight really. Kallen was trying to get to Lelouch, and Suzaku was trying to get to Nunnally. Neither were interested.
Old 2008-05-12, 01:12   Link #959
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
he didn't really have a problem with it, it was just new tech that threw him off. in terms of piloting ability, Suzaku is still miles ahead of Kallen.
Exactly how would you know saying "miles ahead" is not some kind of exaggeration? Suzaku has fought Kallen a few times, and not once did he overpower her.
And if Suzaku's to meet his demise, there's a pretty darn good chance that Kallen will be the one to finish him. I could care less about who's better, I'm interested in who will win.
*If I'm not wrong, Suzaku was also sporting some new tech*
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 01:21   Link #960
zalem

Yeah, I don't see the "miles ahead" thing. They've always fought pretty evenly. At no time did he ever wipe the floor with her. Even Gino recognized that Kallen was at KoR level at the very least, so one shouldn't underestimate her. Though I liked seeing Kallen kick ass in episode 6, we must wait for a real showdown between the two when they are both not distracted. As far as tech goes, they seem pretty equal. As for pilot skills, we'll see how far the two have come in the year that has passed.