Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-10-26, 11:49   Link #21
peekaydee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post

Except we know she has been loving him for at least 3 years (since Penis Arc). Databook already implied she loves him too.

Sakura is not lying about Naruto. She is lying about Sasuke.
He is hating she is not doing what he told Itachi (save Sasuke even if he is on the dark path), not that she is confessing to him.
Um, i am not saying that Sakura is not loving Naruto, she does. She loves him a lot, but as a dear friend. Unless Kishi took a SURPRISINGLY 360 turn, and she rabu-rabu him now. But, i got a feeling, seeing the latest chapters, Sakura crying about Sasuke, about her getting her "mysterious" resolve, and all this stuff, that this is her desperate attempt to spare them both in some way. Well, i guess we will know next chapter for sure.
peekaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:54   Link #22
Aqua Knight

Aren't the spoilers too fishy??
Too much Saku x Naru there.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:54   Link #23
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman View Post
What are they saying?
The conversation basically goes like this...

Naruto: wtf?

Sakura: I said I love you, so hurry up and buy my bullshit so I can stop feeling guilty

Naruto: HELL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Spoiler for z:
Let'sFightingLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:56   Link #24
Aqua Knight

Also lol @ " Cut the bullshit, Sakura"
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:56   Link #25
tkdtiger

Spoiler:
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:56   Link #26
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Some early spoilers have been released, but nothing has been confirmed yet (and parts of the spoilers seem very unrealistic...)...but if it is real...well Naruto x Sakura will be officially over...
If this page of Naruto turning down Sakura is what you mean by Naruto x Sakura will be over, then I seriously doubt it. I don't think I would believe that until one of them is dead and buried... maybe. I remember last year when people were saying if Hinata survived Pein, then Naru x hina was officially cannon because he couldn't possible reject someone who would do that for him. Well after the battle he hugs Sakura as Hinata sits in the background smiling and clapping and we haven't heard a word of her sacrifice from Naruto sense. Its unrealistic and bad writing, but I suspect he'll end up with Sakura either way simply because she's the most developed heroine in the series. All chapters like this are for is building some conflict in the relationship that have to be overcome. I say the thing with Hinata was bad writing, but it makes for a bad story to have the love interest just throw herself at the protagonist. There has to be some conflict involved. That's what's happening with Sakura now. As much as I like Hinata, if the thing with Pien is just going to be ignored, then I'd have much rather it never happened than for Kishi to try and throw a bone to all the Naru x Hina fans out there only to act like it never happened in the next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Spoiler:
A guy with a byakugan and sharingan running around, that'd be interesting. lol

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-10-26 at 17:08.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:59   Link #27
peekaydee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let'sFightingLove View Post
The conversation basically goes like this...

Naruto: wtf?

Sakura: I said I love you, so hurry up and buy my bullshit so I can stop feeling guilty

Naruto: HELL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
Haha, pretty much yeah. Except it is worded with nice-dandy words, yah.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:01   Link #28
lovelyzombie
you gotta know the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Hinata is a done character.
Er, if Hinata was a "done" character then WHY on earth let her confess her love to Naruto and then LIVE?

If she was done, wouldn't it have been better to get rid of her then?

Look, the way in which this so-called "confession" is written, it seems so... i don't know, out-of-place and sloppy. Considering some of the beautiful confessions (platonic and romantic) Kishimoto has written, well, this doesn't come close in quality - even Naruto doesn't believe it.

It's like Sakura is rushing. Ugh, not the best writing Kishimoto.
lovelyzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:03   Link #29
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
A guy with a byakugan and sharingan running around, that'd be interesting. lol
well if it is true this would be the best chance for Danzou to get a byakugan...I mean he can't take Neji's due to the seal and he can't take Hinata's without making enemies out of the Hyuga clan.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:05   Link #30
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
well if it is true this would be the best chance for Danzou to get a byakugan...I mean he can't take Neji's due to the seal and he can't take Hinata's without making enemies out of the Hyuga clan.
And easily justifiable to Konoha. He'd be doing the village a favor by protecting there secrets and abilities instead of letting them get out to foreign ninja.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:07   Link #31
james0246

Quote:
If this page of Naruto turning down Sakura is what you mean by Naruto x Sakura will be over, then I seriously doubt it. I don't think I would believe that until one of them is dead and buried... maybe. I remember last year when people were saying if Hinata survived Pein, then Naru x hina was officially cannon because he couldn't possible reject someone who would do that for him. Well after the battle he hugs Sakura as Hinata sits in the background smiling and clapping and we haven't heard a word of her sacrifice from Naruto sense. Its unrealistic and bad writing, but I suspect he'll end up with Sakura either way simply because she's the most developed heroine in the series. All chapters like this are for is building some conflict in the relationship that have to be overcome. I say the thing with Hinata was bad writing, but it makes for a bad story to have the love interest just throw herself at the protagonist. There has to be some conflict involved. That's what's happening with Sakura now. As much as I like Hinata, if the thing with Pien is just going to be ignored, then I'd have much rather it never happened than for Kishi to try and throw a bone to all the Naru x Hina fans out there only to act like it never happened in the next chapter.
I actually wrote that before I had the official spoilers...so, it's kind of hard to really respond in defense when my initial post was written before the actual spoilers came out...

That being said, despite Rahan's words, Sakura's reactions in this chapter do more to destroy a potential relationship than simply keep it on hold or let it develop slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyzombie View Post
Er, if Hinata was a "done" character then WHY on earth let her confess her love to Naruto and then LIVE?

If she was done, wouldn't it have been better to get rid of her then?

Look, the way in which this so-called "confession" is written, it seems so... i don't know, out-of-place and sloppy. Considering some of the beautiful confessions (platonic and romantic) Kishimoto has written, well, this doesn't come close in quality - even Naruto doesn't believe it.

It's like Sakura is rushing. Ugh, not the best writing Kishimoto.
He means "done" in the respect that Hinata will never have any more character development...and Rahan is correct. Any future Hinata might have, especially if it involves Naruto, will be rather neutral in regards to her development as a character. Hinata confessed, now everything is over for her as a potentially interesting character...unless Naruto rejects her (for Hanabi maybe ), in which case she will be free of the restraint of Naruto, and be able to develop on her own...but who here actually thinks that is possible (not the rejection part, that is very likely, but Hinata actually developing as a character beyond the same cliche that she has always been)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:08   Link #32
peekaydee
Banned

It is kind of ironic, how an actual "confession" would shoot the same ship down, ain't it?
Old 2009-10-26, 12:12   Link #33
tkdtiger

Quote:
I actually wrote that before I had the official spoilers...so, it's kind of hard to really respond in defense when my initial post was written before the actual spoilers came out...

That being said, despite Rahan's words, Sakura's reactions in this chapter do more to destroy a potential relationship than simply keep it on hold or let it develop slowly.
doesn't she know about the other teams going after Sasuke now...she could be saying it to get Naruto to stop going after Sasuke so he doesn't have to be hurt any more...

Quote:
And easily justifiable to Konoha. He'd be doing the village a favor by protecting there secrets and abilities instead of letting them get out to foreign ninja.
maybe, but at the same token with knowledge of him trying to control someone at the summit it could also be looked at as further betrayal...
Old 2009-10-26, 12:18   Link #34
peekaydee
Banned

Quote:

He means "done" in the respect that Hinata will never have any more character development...and Rahan is correct. Any future Hinata might have, especially if it involves Naruto, will be rather neutral in regards to her development as a character. Hinata confessed, now everything is over for her as a potentially interesting character...unless Naruto rejects her (for Hanabi maybe ), in which case she will be free of the restraint of Naruto, and be able to develop on her own...but who here actually thinks that is possible (not the rejection part, that is very likely, but Hinata actually developing as a character beyond the same cliche that she has always been)...
Yeah well, except, that in every kind of fictional-project ever, first comes action, then comes resolve. And, Hinata had her action (as in confession) but not real resolve over that.
I mean, she will have to face Naruto again (granted, in VERYYYY future chaps) and get her answer, directly or in-directly.
Unless, we all became lady-gaga-paparazzi over Kishi, and we actually stole the scripts of the future chapters, where Hinata appears no more at all. Yeah, we are all psychic. Somehow, i doubt that though.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:18   Link #35
Gin
*Artist

So what will the Hyuga clan do if Danzo shows up with a Byakugan? Also, do Byakugans and Sharingans age? Because if they don't then Ao might not be the first non-Hyuga to use that particular Byakugan.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:20   Link #36
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
The early spoilers you mentioned were something else? Were they confirmed fake or something?
Old 2009-10-26, 12:27   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
The early spoilers you mentioned were something else? Were they confirmed fake or something?
No, all I had was a brief summary saying that Naruto rejected Sakura's confession (amongst other things). Obviously I found that hard to believe (which is why I said "and parts of the spoilers seem very unrealistic"), but since the spoilers were out, I decided to create the thread and post a seemingly relevent detail from the inital spoiler I had. Is it correct? Still unconfirmed.

---

In regards to the actual spoilers, it seems that Fuu might be a Yamanaka.

Additionally, since everyone has been focused on the Sakura bit, the spoilers also mention that the Raikage, who still doesn't have a name, will be the head of the Ninja Alliance. Additionally, Oonoki is confirmed to have fought against Madara in the past (which is somethig many of us have speculated upon).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:28   Link #38
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat View Post
Thoughts on Spoilers....

NaruSaku is dead.
Are you aware interpretation under these circumstances is based on your standpoint?

If you were NaruSaku, you'd be frantically overanalyzing and seeking exploitations in order to circumvent what you perceive as a threat so as to appease your doubt.

If you were NaruHina, you'd automatically embrace it as a testament of NaruSaku's downfall without question, disregarding the ever so present possibility you may be wrong.

Shippers are different sides of the same coin, they'll all believe blindly and place faith in convenience. It's unfortunate this convenience is based on preference derived from opinion.

I personally don't give a shit, but because you piss me off, I'll tell you; NaruHina will NEVER happen, because, although it agrees with your predilection, it disagrees with the story.

The same as NaruSaku disagrees with your preference, even though it's completely applicable and applies to the story a great deal.
Let'sFightingLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:28   Link #39
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
So what will the Hyuga clan do if Danzo shows up with a Byakugan? Also, do Byakugans and Sharingans age? Because if they don't then Ao might not be the first non-Hyuga to use that particular Byakugan.
Well Ao said that he took it from a Byakugan user he defeated so he probably is the only one who has used that byakugan...I'm not sure how the Hyuga Clan would react. IMO I would think they would be pretty pissed due to how they regard the Byakugan. I think they would have been happier if he just destroyed it rather than take it.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:30   Link #40
iBeast

so this whole chapter is a convo between Sakura and Naruto? what about the fight jeez...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion