AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-16, 14:31   Link #961
Archilla

Interesting conversation about the High-Class Devils. I certainly don't see the reincarnated Devils/low-class Devils having miserable lives, I just see the High-Class Devils trying to make things the way they used to be. It was always a pretty clear setup in my mind; either you're smart and realize that the new generation/reincarnated Devils are the future, or you're stuck trying to repeat the past like the bad high-class people are.

*Insert reference to The Great Gatsby*

I always felt when the high-classes made it seem like the lower classes were worthless it was because they're scared. At the end of the day, everyone knows which way the wind is blowing. Issei is a great example.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 14:45   Link #962
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Asia, Ise and Kiba were already dead. She couldn't just ask them to read and sign a contract.
I'm not saying she didn't have a reason more it supports the idea that the person becoming a devil servant consent may not be required for the process. It obivsouly makes it lot easier though even if it isn't required.

Quote:
Being more affective and treat tem as family doesn't mean they'll treat them differently as employees. Rias is pretty severe when it comes to them obeying her orders.
Of course it means she treats them differently she seems to view them more like close friends and families where most seem to treat them like employees at best with trading system treating them as property would be a more accurate description. The attempted trade of Asia illustrates this well Rias wouldn't even hearing him out. I don't think the punishments have really been that severe they've mostly been gag scenes on Ise that resulted in some discomfort.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 14:56   Link #963
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I'm not saying she didn't have a reason more it supports the idea that the person becoming a devil servant consent may not be required for the process. It obivsouly makes it lot easier though even if it isn't required.

Of course it means she treats them differently she seems to view them more like close friends and families where most seem to treat them like employees at best with trading system treating them as property would be a more accurate description. The attempted trade of Asia illustrates this well Rias wouldn't even hearing him out. I don't think the punishments have really been that severe they've mostly been gag scenes on Ise that resulted in some discomfort.
Unless you're dead, I don't think they can force you into becoming a servant. Rizer had to interview with possible Bishop candidates, so there're rules about that, specially if you're underage.

We don't know how often trading happens, or any of the rules applying to it. Just that servants can be traded.

I meant she's strict about being obeyed. Of course, severity of punishment varies with the boss, that's something that happens even in our society. But she still repreended them in her own way to show that, in the end of the day, she also is their boss, not only friend or lover.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 17:52   Link #964
Tbolt

The rules for trading are well laid out in the story, it has to be piece for same piece. Rook for Rook. Pawn for Pawn etc.
Old 2015-05-16, 20:01   Link #965
GundamFan

Quote:
Unless you're dead, I don't think they can force you into becoming a servant. Rizer had to interview with possible Bishop candidates, so there're rules about that, specially if you're underage.
Doesn't mean there are many rules or who all they apply to it might be anything goes with none devils but there are own has to consent. Till recently they considered brainwashing members of church into being sex slaves acceptable behavior but falling in love with them taboo.

Quote:
We don't know how often trading happens, or any of the rules applying to it. Just that servants can be traded.
Actually we don't know how often it happens but we do know the rules somewhat from what happen with Asia the pieces have to be the same and the owners discuss terms and the servants stand in the corner not allowed to give an opinion.

Quote:
I meant she's strict about being obeyed. Of course, severity of punishment varies with the boss, that's something that happens even in our society. But she still repreended them in her own way to show that, in the end of the day, she also is their boss, not only friend or lover.
True and yeah she is the one charge and ultimately responsible for them but with Rias it always came across more as a family responsibility then the employee/property vibe that some of the other devils gave off.
Old 2015-05-16, 20:21   Link #966
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Doesn't mean there are many rules or who all they apply to it might be anything goes with none devils but there are own has to consent. Till recently they considered brainwashing members of church into being sex slaves acceptable behavior but falling in love with them taboo.

He was interviewing Yuki Onnas. And when he choose a minor they freaked out and then he had to discuss it with her parents.

Again, it was acceptable behaviour for one of the oldest Devils alive, his opinion is not obligatory the same as all of the current High Class Devils.
Old 2015-05-16, 20:43   Link #967
GundamFan

Quote:
He was interviewing Yuki Onnas. And when he choose a minor they freaked out and then he had to discuss it with her parents.
And that doesn't prove really much of anything since can tell if it's recent change or long held practice given the way things have been changing groups have come together.

Quote:
Again, it was acceptable behaviour for one of the oldest Devils alive, his opinion is not obligatory the same as all of the current High Class Devils.
No it's not I kind of doubt that they all have same opinion about anything but the opinion of one of there most powerful influential leaders does and since opinion was presented as traditional there is a very high chance it's widely held and has been for a long while.
Old 2015-05-16, 20:49   Link #968
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
And that doesn't prove really much of anything since can tell if it's recent change or long held practice given the way things have been changing groups have come together.

No it's not I kind of doubt that they all have same opinion about anything but the opinion of one of there most powerful influential leaders does and since opinion was presented as traditional there is a very high chance it's widely held and has been for a long while.
You can't say how the rules about ressurecting were before because it was never stated hif they were different. Those are the only rules we know, and the only instance a servant was tricked into being ressurected was with Diodora's peerage. There are no other cases shown to us.

It was also presented Devils society have been changing over time, it didn't just start last week.
Old 2015-05-16, 23:12   Link #969
GundamFan

Quote:
You can't say how the rules about ressurecting were before because it was never stated hif they were different. Those are the only rules we know, and the only instance a servant was tricked into being ressurected was with Diodora's peerage. There are no other cases shown to us.
No we can't know but we can make some pretty reasonable assumptions that the rules for recruitment among allies or your own are going to be different from rules your expected to obey when doing so with an enemy.

Quote:
It was also presented Devils society have been changing over time, it didn't just start last week.
So your suggesting what these traditional belief have died out except for among handful of characters that appear has antagonists.
Old 2015-05-17, 00:03   Link #970
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Anyway guys, this subject is getting stale. I recommend someone take this conversation's points and sum them up in a bulleted list of pros, cons, known, and possibly unknown aspects. That way we can finally put a headstone on this subject's grave.

-------------------

As for the other subject, I tend to watch an episode through most of the time, only pausing to comprehend text, be it subs or the funny engrish on the background signs, and rewind the humorous parts. Sometimes though if there is an episode that has a part that I somehow find embarrassing (character does something incredibly stupid, too much nudity/fanservice all at once, dark emo scenes, etc.), I'll sometimes will stop watching it and come back to it at a later time, with a "I'll save this one for later".

The Yamada and 7 witches is an example of this. I have all the current eps, and the OAV, but I can't seem to find the right mood or time to watch it. I don't know, maybe something about it is rubbing me the wrong way. Though the same can be said of a couple of others, like Robo Daimidaler, despite the large amount of fanservice, and the characters looking like expys of School Days characters (even though I haven't actually watched SD in full).

I guess it would take me losing my internet connection for me to go back to my old series library to watch the many hours of anime I got, but never watched.
Old 2015-05-18, 06:33   Link #971
bluestahli1

Guys what are your Ideas or thoughts to help with the flaws of Rizevim's terror organization?
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 06:37   Link #972
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestahli1 View Post
Guys what are your Ideas or thoughts to help with the flaws of Rizevim's terror organization?
Considering he does random shit for kicks and giggles, I think he's the main "problem".
Old 2015-05-18, 07:01   Link #973
bluestahli1

Oh also, after reading reading vol. 18 I can't help but feel that Rizevim has a mother-complex.
Old 2015-05-18, 07:04   Link #974
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Oh also, after reading reading vol. 18 I can't help but feel that Rizevim has a mother-complex.
Yeah, he needs to ask Albion for that psychiatrist's phone number.
Old 2015-05-18, 07:10   Link #975
B214

Mother complex, sister complex, mentally boobed and butted, it's all common here in DxD.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 07:14   Link #976
bluestahli1

Plot twist : his mother lilith gets revived and turns out to be extremely beautiful and the first thing she sees is Ise and immediately falls for him, then rizevim breaks down and looses all hope.
Old 2015-05-18, 07:22   Link #977
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Plot twist : his mother lilith gets revived and turns out to be extremely beautiful and the first thing she sees is Ise and immediately falls for him, then rizevim breaks down and looses all hope.
... Well, that would solve the lack of MILF in his harem and beat Rizevim with one blow in a hilarious way. Crap, now I don't know if I want this or a Vali VS Rizevim. Can I have both?
Old 2015-05-18, 07:37   Link #978
bluestahli1

Vali is too boring because he only thinks of fighting, we need some Ise to completely humiliate Rizevim.
Old 2015-05-18, 07:40   Link #979
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Vali is too boring because he only thinks of fighting, we need some Ise to completely humiliate Rizevim.
Yeah, but there was that speech in Life 4 about how Ise will leave the "beating Rizevim" part to Vali.
Old 2015-05-18, 09:10   Link #980
Biohazardous

Quote:
... Well, that would solve the lack of MILF in his harem and beat Rizevim with one blow in a hilarious way. Crap, now I don't know if I want this or a Vali VS Rizevim. Can I have both?
I got one for you. How about his Mom falls for Ise, Rizevim has a break down, Vali shows up says Im still going to kill you, and finally Ise gets pissed because Vali upset his MILF by killing her son and kicks Vali's butt. That way the people who badly want Ise and Vali to still fight get their fight.