4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-02, 21:35   Link #161
Yan3242

Let just see how the future episode later, its only 1 hit and thats not even fatal. The way i see it, it just a plot to make hayate "recruited" to delta squad, something something his reflect/skill is better than mirage something something, who knows maybe mirage do a better job in "idol" department later.

Its always like this in many case of action anime, good guys fight without scratch "booo thats too op, at least give them a little damage or something", good guys fight who actually fight and got hurt "booo i though they already power up? Whats the point all that training bla bla bla"

Me? I like a proper fight, both sides got hurt and actually tired, no 1 sided fight because of power of friendship or staring each other for 2 minutes then 1 slash and everything over zzzz.
Old 2016-01-02, 22:52   Link #162
darkplatform

I'm feeling the biggest red flag for death over non-Sheryl
Old 2016-01-03, 02:11   Link #163
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
This is the same franchise that gave you Valkyries dressed up as Zentradi and helping a Zentradi light a cigar with its gunpod. Also the same franchise which had Zentradi spies hilariously cross dressing.
Now that you mention it. I have to agree that is the case.
Perhaps, it's us who took this franchise too seriously. (Damn that sound very depressing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Let just see how the future episode later, its only 1 hit and thats not even fatal. The way i see it, it just a plot to make hayate "recruited" to delta squad, something something his reflect/skill is better than mirage something something, who knows maybe mirage do a better job in "idol" department later.
Agree, I bet the rest of EP1 would involve Hayate hijacking Mirage's valkyrie to save Freyja. There should be some midair rescue too.
I may be wrong here. Since Delta seem to be very good at going outside my expectation.
Old 2016-01-03, 02:33   Link #164
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I may be wrong here. Since Delta seem to be very good at going outside my expectation.
Are we forgetting that this is from his holiness Hory Froating Head? The Master of Trolling? Mr. You Are Both my Wings?

OTOH, the background music (not the songs) deserve a mention. That dogfight tune featuring cleaver use of bagpipes was both intense and exciting.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-01-03 at 03:24.
Old 2016-01-03, 03:39   Link #165
ReddyRedWolf

Know what given Mirage acts like Gamlin how long till some tabloid says she's a lesbian in a romantic relationship with one of the Wulkure?
Old 2016-01-03, 04:32   Link #166
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Ahhh it's been a while AS Macross forums *__*~
I actually thought I was going to skip out on this one- iunno in the past few years I've really come to hate the idol group craze and I reallyyyy wanted Macross to remain in the land of epic divas....

But verdict after Ep 1 one is, I'm game X'D
Old 2016-01-03, 04:37   Link #167
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
This is the same franchise that gave you Valkyries dressed up as Zentradi and helping a Zentradi light a cigar with its gunpod. Also the same franchise which had Zentradi spies hilariously cross dressing.
I agree. Once I saw that scene in the original SDF Macross, I knew some more cheese should be expected and *voila* the Zentraedi got mesmerized by Minmei's songs some episodes later . So yeah, we shouldn't take the story in this franchise too seriously especially if the original creator wanted to end wars with music, not weapons. So, in a way, Kawamori is Nekki Basara himself and I love the guy for it .
Old 2016-01-03, 04:56   Link #168
ReddyRedWolf

Concerning Freyja's flashback why do I have a feeling she isn't just some country bumpkin?

What if Freyja is royalty? Her family fell due to a Anti-NUN revolt in the Kingdom of Wind? Her family being responsible for integrating Windermere to the NUN?
Old 2016-01-03, 05:56   Link #169
deadite

I really liked the Aerial Knights' theme.
Old 2016-01-03, 05:59   Link #170
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
I'm kinda interested in the period between Frontier and Delta because of why soundtech seemed to be on the revival.

Remember that 2 things are Banned in Macross- Unshackled Sentient AI (because Sharon Apple Happened) and Sound Weaponry (Because UN coup happened).

it is possible that due to the Vajra interactions and given that Songs had saved humanity too many times to count and with the Var Syndrome now manifesting, people are scrambling to either remove or relax the ban and develop systems that can use soundtech. Also a lot of things were develop to produce all those cool gears the girls have (seriously those drones are hax). Not to mention Fold Quartz Tech.
Old 2016-01-03, 06:32   Link #171
devilo96

well how long i should wait for eps 2 ?
cuz right now idk when this series come out....
Old 2016-01-03, 06:58   Link #172
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I'm kinda interested in the period between Frontier and Delta because of why soundtech seemed to be on the revival.

Remember that 2 things are Banned in Macross- Unshackled Sentient AI (because Sharon Apple Happened) and Sound Weaponry (Because UN coup happened).
On the later no such thing.

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...lossary24a.php
Quote:
Manfred Brando
The representative director-president of the private military corporation Critical Path. As a young hotshot who took over the black market -which the previous president had set up-, he learnt how to wield power on his own. He developed the Jamming Sound System, which uses a Hyperspace Resonance Crystalline Lens, and got close to Lactence, the one large faction of the Unified Forces.
http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...alhallaIII.php
Quote:
Macross 13
The Extra-large All-purpose Variable Space Stealth Attack Carrier is the combat section of the New Macross Class Macross 13. It is considered to have been released into an early experiment for the next generation Macross Class. In around 2050, it was operated by Lactence, one of the powers within the Unified Forces -who advocated for the establishment of an order where the Earth sphere played a leading role in-, and was also thrown into the suppression of the Vinderance armed organization's anti-Unified Government faction. The Macross 13 is equipped with a jamming system that renders missiles ineffective, and the jamming is controlled in a block that's located in the head in Storming Attack Form.
The Sound Jamming System was an anti-FCS tech developed and tested by Lactence by using terror groups as guinea pigs.

Now you have to wonder what is a a Hyperspace Resonance Crystalline Lens? Either it is Fold Carbon also known as Fold Coal a crystalline carbon substance with heavy quantum used in Fold Engines, Fold Comms and Energy Conversion Armor, or it is Fold Quartz.

Manfred Brando was the sponsor of the 117th Research Fleet.
http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...2aOzumaLee.php
Quote:
Related Matter: The Time When Ozuma Was In The Unified Forces
At the age of 14, Ozuma opposed the resistance of his parents, left high school before graduation, and enlisted in the Unified Forces. He became a pilot, distinguished himself at a young age, and took on the role of guarding the 117th Research Fleet. However, immediately following the incident, he was expelled from the armed forces for committing an act of violence toward Manfredo Brando, the owner of the Critical Path Corporation and supporter of the fleet. Afterwards, there's talk that he served as a test pilot for the YF-24 Prototype, together with the legendary aces Maximilian Jiinasu and Isamu Dyson.
Ozma got kicked out of UN Spacy because he punched the guy. Why? He was the one in charge of investigating the aftermath of the 117th Fleet gathering its survivors and he treated Ranka badly.

Tactical Musical Units came to be because Sound Force pioneered it.
http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...lossary25a.php
Quote:
Milky Dolls
A five-person vocal idol group that was formed by the Unified Forces for the research and analysis of Lynn Minmei's songs, as the keystone of the Next Term Defence Program "Sound Project". The members are Aoi Tsuwabuki, Liatris, Molly, Violeta, and Freesia, and they enable communication by song that exceeds space and time. They were abducted by the Zentraadi rebel army from the location of the Earth Unified Forces Founding Commemorative Ceremony, and were imprisoned in various places on the planet Elysium. [Source: Macross Digital Mission VF-X]
Milky Dolls saved Earth from a rebel controlled Main Fortress ship.

Fold Wave tech is really just an outgrowth of Dr. Chiba's work.
Old 2016-01-03, 07:47   Link #173
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The whole girl group mahou shoujo kinda weirded me out for a bit but i'm just a grumpy old man who yells at kids listening to this crap .

But still, i'm excited for another Macross series. I always love the mech design eventhough the CGI isn't that well done and the love triangles is always key to the Macross series. Hopefully this time around the triangle is a bit more balanced cause Sheryl Nome overshadows the other 2 character.
Old 2016-01-03, 08:48   Link #174
azarhal

I've just been thinking over the events in this episode and I'm now convinced that the whole Var events on Shalal was just a trap to kill the Walkures.

1. Set up a few small Var incidents to attract the Walkures on the planet of your choices.
2. Cause a major outbreak to get the Walkures out in the open.
3. MacrossMissileMassacre them (or at least try).
4. Profit!

Now the question is why the Aerial Knights went to so much troubles to kill them...
Old 2016-01-03, 09:55   Link #175
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I've just been thinking over the events in this episode and I'm now convinced that the whole Var events on Shalal was just a trap to kill the Walkures.

1. Set up a few small Var incidents to attract the Walkures on the planet of your choices.
2. Cause a major outbreak to get the Walkures out in the open.
3. MacrossMissileMassacre them (or at least try).
4. Profit!

Now the question is why the Aerial Knights went to so much troubles to kill them...
It's a trap to kill the first responders.

The Kingdom of Wind's plan is to weaken the NUN with the Var syndrome while they build their forces on par.

Thing is the NUN has seen weird shit like this with the Protodevlin around Zentradi.

Minmay Attack is an option as Basara and his successors prove it works, especially if it is technologically enhanced.

Speaking of Minmay Attack we did see some Meltrandi go berserk when Mylene sang to them. Worse when they went fangirl mode on Basara.
Old 2016-01-03, 13:42   Link #176
devilo96

well how about this Mikumo xHayate xFreyja just like macros F....with alto x ranka x sherly
one boy and two girls... and in the end of series no one know who is the real love..
pfft for me alto and sherly is the true end :v
now how about this series...
Old 2016-01-03, 13:44   Link #177
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
There is a strange loophole. For there are no restrictions I know of that bans biological AIs. Grace is an example, and Exsedol may just be the posterboy. He was designed to be a mentat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
pfft for me alto and sherly is the true end :v
That was canon.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-01-03 at 14:00.
Old 2016-01-03, 13:54   Link #178
deadite

The main triangle is Freyja Hayate and Mirage.
Old 2016-01-03, 15:22   Link #179
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
There is a strange loophole. For there are no restrictions I know of that bans biological AIs. Grace is an example, and Exsedol may just be the posterboy. He was designed to be a mentat.

That was canon.

- Tak
Plus there is El, a cyberoid, in Macross Musiculture who is a gynoid robot that joined Macross 29's Miss Macross contest.

The ban seems to be in relation to just Ghosts as they have Bio-Neural chips known to give AI self preservation instincts. That is what makes unshackled AI Ghosts deadly.

Sharon Apple had that hardware plus being based on a unstable human mind created by mad scientist that looks like a clone of Maximillian Jenius.
Old 2016-01-03, 16:59   Link #180
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Hey everyone,

Watching the first episode reminded of you all, so here I am

I have some mixed feelings on this first episode, I had always enjoyed the concert/fighting dynamic from the earlier episodes of Frontier. Obviously all Macross have also had fights and singing, but it felt different since Walkure was also in the heat of battle.

I do think it has alot to do with the atmosphere built, initially with the attack there's death and destruction, but after the idol transformation the battle seems to become trivialized. With people standing around and cheering instead of fleeing a dangerous battle. Even after the Windamere attacks, a wave of the magic boomerangs and everything is all OK. I don't think the music does any favors to the atmosphere either. I'm not sure what it is, but something feels off about it to me.

I think it's best represented by the ending, where Freya starts to sing and run towards lasers. Immalton says something along the lines of its dangerous, but I can't really buy it for a second.

Overall though, it's still entertaining, but it doesn't really take a hold of me. My initial response was more of a "eh, that was OK" than a "OMG I need to see more".

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2016-01-03 at 17:09.
Closed Thread