AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-15, 22:16   Link #41
hlteoh

hey there,

yup, I got the AMG-First End novel last Sunday and finish reading the novel in just 1 night...record breaking for myself (haha...never managed to complete reading a novel in the same day of which I purchased it)

I agree too, that it was kinda of heartbreaking that the machiners managed to sought after Keichi without Belldandy's help. Damn, all the while I strongly believe that it was Belldandy who brings all the good fortune upon K1...

But, hey, the final ending is kinda subjective....I'm still confused on whether Belldandy phone is it K1 or someone else....hopefully it will still follow back the main story line :PP
Old 2008-05-08, 03:43   Link #42
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Urd is back!!!!

Well, possibly. It's unconfirmed rumors at the minute but apparently Urd has started on the second AMG novel. I got the info from a DH rep in london. While it's pretty much a shoe in for licensing, there was no definite answer. Apparently while the sales of the first novel were good they fell short of the expected.

I'm curious now as to what a second story would cover. We've had a bittersweet ending, not i want my blissfully happy ending, i want the AMG Movie ending!!

Then i want an OVA styled ending, where their relationships is actually not blessed by the heavens, and they get ripped appart by 'gods' decree. Damn it's enough to get me writing fanfic again!!
Old 2008-05-28, 05:07   Link #43
Cookiez
Sugar Junkie ^^

A second "Light" Novel would be awesome... I loved the first one to bits, despite the ending
Old 2008-05-29, 18:05   Link #44
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

what was wrong with the ending? I actually enjoyed it. It made a break from the usal happy ever after stuff we usually get
Old 2008-06-07, 00:59   Link #45
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
what was wrong with the ending? I actually enjoyed it. It made a break from the usal happy ever after stuff we usually get
Well, looking at the mood of AMG! is and how sweet Kei and Bell is to eachother. Of course every ending, no matter how good it may have been done quality wise, will end up meeting a lot of resistance.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2008-06-07, 14:22   Link #46
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I disagree, everyone wants them to be together true, but it dosent mean they HAVE to be together. I like the fact that Urd decided to go for a hard hitting ending, over a sappy one. I actually enjoyed it more because of the different than expected ending.
Old 2008-06-08, 05:38   Link #47
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
I disagree, everyone wants them to be together true, but it dosent mean they HAVE to be together. I like the fact that Urd decided to go for a hard hitting ending, over a sappy one. I actually enjoyed it more because of the different than expected ending.
I actually donīt understand why you disagree. I donīt think it has anything to do with quality (as Iīve already written) nor does it have anything at all to do with your, or mine, personal opinion about the ending. Even if you, and me, as individual readers feel that they donīt have to be together forever in an ultra happy ending there stilll are a lot of readers out there that do crave for that ending. If they are 10 or 80% isnīt anything Iīll bet on but they are indeed out there (I can suddenly hear the intro to X-Files).

I merely kicked in an open door since (most probably) no story so far has ever had a 100% perfect score of readers perfectly satisfied with the ending.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2008-06-08, 13:18   Link #48
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

As i already said, urd is working on a new novel, there's also been roumors for a while she's planning on doing multiple ending scenarios. Which when tied with the novels title, does make sense,

For every fan you find who wants a sappy ending, you'll find one that wants an ova styled ending. From experience i've actually found alot more wanting them to be split apart than to have a sappy ending
Old 2008-06-10, 13:19   Link #49
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
As i already said, urd is working on a new novel,
I've heard it was Touma Yumi, not Urd.
Old 2008-06-11, 15:47   Link #50
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post

Hmm you guys made me want to buy the novel although i rarely do so. Specially after reading this... it would be disrespectful if i didn't get it just because im lazy to walk 5 blocks from my house *.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
I went through ALOT of trouble (accidently driving into San Francisco [then I had to go home since it was late], getting lost in Oakland, somehow ending up in china town and FINALLY making it to Emeryville. -_- So does anyone know how to protect paperback books?

About the ending... i would fall under the group that wants a happy ever after for Belldandy and Keiichi. Going through hardships to be together is ok but i dont think good ppl that loves each other so much should be separated like that.
If it was a historical event and ended tragically i woudnt complain since it did happen but i definitly don't like to watch something fictional to turn into a tragedy too.
Old 2008-06-12, 02:59   Link #51
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
I actually donīt understand why you disagree. I donīt think it has anything to do with quality (as Iīve already written) nor does it have anything at all to do with your, or mine, personal opinion about the ending. Even if you, and me, as individual readers feel that they donīt have to be together forever in an ultra happy ending there stilll are a lot of readers out there that do crave for that ending. If they are 10 or 80% isnīt anything Iīll bet on but they are indeed out there (I can suddenly hear the intro to X-Files).

I merely kicked in an open door since (most probably) no story so far has ever had a 100% perfect score of readers perfectly satisfied with the ending.
That's me. I want a damn happy ending. Give me what I want, dammit!

Sad/bittersweet ending are overrated in anime. In books I think they just plain suck.
Old 2008-06-12, 04:00   Link #52
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

sappy happy ending get lame after a while. When every anime/maga and its grandma have them it gets lame and pointless. Whats the point of reading when you know it's ending already >.<
Old 2008-06-12, 17:37   Link #53
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

It all comes to personal likes and dislikes... i dont think a certain kind of ending gets "old" or "repetitive"... if something is getting boring for you then just find something else that would entertain you. Dont blame the anime because you dont like it.

I just finished watching the movie of AMG and i definitly liked that happy ending (were they are allowed to live together) than the one on the novel.
Old 2008-06-12, 17:49   Link #54
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

What i said was the generic endings get boring, not the anime or manga, don't put words in my mouth please.

I also love the movie, and i love the manga. Not so keen on the anime because it makes a dogs dinner of it, but meh. However looking at different endings is what makes the novels so damned good. The OVA is a great example of different ending, and so is the novel. Rather than saying 'everone lives happily ever after' we're getting treated to different ending theories, which is excellent. It spices up a series that is starting to go stale, and yes AMG is starting to get a bit stale.
Old 2008-06-13, 07:14   Link #55
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Well, for starters, a happy ending doesn't have to be 'sappy' per se. It's all in the execution.

You couldn't say happy endings are 'sappy' more than you could say sad endings are 'emo'.
Old 2008-08-18, 07:21   Link #56
Urd
Airborne

so.. are there any more news about a possible 2nd novel?
Old 2008-09-22, 00:08   Link #57
Banjou Haran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
hehe, she is part of the Goddess Family Club!

Anyways, I want to get this light novel soon!
Old 2009-12-25, 08:35   Link #58
PierceCheng

Send a message via ICQ to PierceCheng Send a message via AIM to PierceCheng Send a message via MSN to PierceCheng Send a message via Yahoo to PierceCheng
Lightbulb

Quote:
Urd is back!!!!

Well, possibly. It's unconfirmed rumors at the minute but apparently Urd has started on the second AMG novel. I got the info from a DH rep in london. While it's pretty much a shoe in for licensing, there was no definite answer. Apparently while the sales of the first novel were good they fell short of the expected.

I'm curious now as to what a second story would cover. We've had a bittersweet ending, not i want my blissfully happy ending, i want the AMG Movie ending!!

Then i want an OVA styled ending, where their relationships is actually not blessed by the heavens, and they get ripped appart by 'gods' decree. Damn it's enough to get me writing fanfic again!!
Do you have any resource to talk about Touma Yumi is writing second AMG novel please?
Old 2010-02-12, 01:38   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it wasnt a light novel for one it was to big of a read to be light reading but it was a good book but I would make a good movie I think
Old 2010-02-18, 14:43   Link #60
Banjou Haran

I finally was able to read the novel. I liked it a lot! I hope Yumi writes a second AMG novel someday in the near future.

Oh, just in general about happy or sad endings. It does feel like there are more bittersweet, sad or even tragic endings from Japan or Europe. It seems like in America more people want happy endings. I usually don't mind either that much.

Although sometimes, I do prefer a more realistic ending or even the tragic ending.

Because in certain series, novels or movies...something amazing/unbelievable happens or some ultra lucky coincidence happens. Those often feel too forced. Just so a happy ending can occcur.

On a totally off topic note. I don't like it when the main protagonist is always right or successful. That removes real tension or suspense. This happens heavily in mystery/detective related novel or tv series. Sorry to get OT.
Closed Thread