AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-10, 10:03   Link #61
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I hope that is the case...
You know... When I combined the quote from NT7 with the scenario in Railgun chapter 62, I think there could be an irony about Touma. Whilst his right arm can destroy any red strings of fate from girls and were added into his harem... But his left arm, on the other hand, might have a red string of fate, with you-know-who. And yet, Touma himself is unaware of it.
Old 2013-09-10, 10:23   Link #62
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
You know... When I combined the quote from NT7 with the scenario in Railgun chapter 62, I think there could be an irony about Touma. Whilst his right arm can destroy any red strings of fate from girls and were added into his harem... But his left arm, on the other hand, might have a red string of fate, with you-know-who. And yet, Touma himself is unaware of it.
I am not too sure on that case lol
Old 2013-09-10, 10:33   Link #63
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
I am not too sure on that case lol
Just a speculation, though.
Old 2013-09-10, 10:34   Link #64
Shinhwa
Banned

Whatever the case, I hope Kamachi really does explain Touma's past with Misaki somehow.

Whether it be in Railgun or in Index.

I feel Misaki would seriously skyrocket off the chart more after Railgun Season 3 is animated that people may demand more support for her lol.
Old 2013-09-10, 21:37   Link #65
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I have a question:

From Misaki's flashback, she looked very different from how she currently does as a child. Does anyone think it is possible that Touma knows/knew how the old Misaki looked, but does not know how the older Misaki looks so she didn't think it was weird when he didn't recognize her (i.e. because of her new large bust...)

Does anyone think this is possible? Her figure changed a lot from the flashback to the current time of chapter 62 at least

So I'm wondering if it is true that she didn't suspect anything about Touma's memory loss because of that.
Old 2013-09-10, 23:14   Link #66
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I have a question:

From Misaki's flashback, she looked very different from how she currently does as a child. Does anyone think it is possible that Touma knows/knew how the old Misaki looked, but does not know how the older Misaki looks so she didn't think it was weird when he didn't recognize her (i.e. because of her new large bust...)

Does anyone think this is possible? Her figure changed a lot from the flashback to the current time of chapter 62 at least

So I'm wondering if it is true that she didn't suspect anything about Touma's memory loss because of that.
Well it's hard to say... but we got to know when Misaki met Touma on the first sight, or the latter met the former in the past. Or maybe he's more interested on busty girls?

Spoiler for Index LN:

Speaking of memory loss, I think she's aware of it most of the time since Daihaisei. Or did she already knew it? Let's just say that she might have visited Touma in hospital and learned that Touma has suffered memory losses through Heaven Canceller before Index came to the hospital and see Touma. Pretend Misaki knew that Touma has 'amnesia'.
Old 2013-09-10, 23:33   Link #67
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Well it's hard to say... but we got to know when Misaki met Touma on the first sight, or the latter met the former in the past. Or maybe he's more interested on busty girls?

Spoiler for Index LN:

Speaking of memory loss, I think she's aware of it most of the time since Daihaisei. Or did she already knew it? Let's just say that she might have visited Touma in hospital and learned that Touma has suffered memory losses through Heaven Canceller before Index came to the hospital and see Touma. Pretend Misaki knew that Touma has 'amnesia'.
I'm not sure she thinks he has amensia until NT 7'ish...
Old 2013-09-10, 23:37   Link #68
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

How can Kumokawa be Touma's friend? He adresses her as senpai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2
“…Shut up. It’s just my usual misfortune.”

“I wonder how that misfortune works. If you looked into it, you might be able to find an interesting set of rules behind it.”

“You certainly seem to be enjoying yourself, senpai.
Second week of July.
Old 2013-09-10, 23:45   Link #69
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

Second week of July.
It's more like he's her friend than she's his friend. I.e. the relationship is one way.
Old 2013-09-10, 23:49   Link #70
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
I hope that is the case...
You "hope" that is the case? What could be worse? Clingy childhood friend? Stalker? Rapist? Closet yandere?
Old 2013-09-11, 00:23   Link #71
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

^
If Misaki is a yandere, she could have threatened any girls who acquianted on Touma straight away, or maybe towards Touma. She could be a stalker with a crush literally, though.

Quote:
Seria is related to Touma's past, unfortunately. Her rivalry towards Misaki might have something to do with it.
Old 2013-09-11, 00:51   Link #72
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Seria is related to Touma's past, unfortunately. Her rivalry towards Misaki might have something to do with it.
If they truly were childhood friends, then Touma would adress her by her name.
Since he doesn't, the three-way childhood friends route needs to be taken out.
Of course she is related to Touma's past, but we already had hints of it way before NT6 and 7, it seems people realize it only now.
Old 2013-09-11, 13:49   Link #73
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure she thinks he has amensia until NT 7'ish...
I don't know... I mean if she did know him before, I don't think she really would have "introduced" herself in the Daihaisei arc.
Old 2013-09-11, 15:02   Link #74
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe, maybe not. The girl DOES seem to enjoy playing mind games with people. The only thing I find suspicious about her introduction to Touma in the manga is how they didn't show her eyes at all when Mikoto introduced Touma to her.
Old 2013-09-11, 15:27   Link #75
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Maybe, maybe not. The girl DOES seem to enjoy playing mind games with people. The only thing I find suspicious about her introduction to Touma in the manga is how they didn't show her eyes at all when Mikoto introduced Touma to her.
I think it might have had a scene where she had surprised looks, seeing Touma after a long time.
Old 2013-09-11, 16:00   Link #76
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
If they truly were childhood friends, then Touma would adress her by her name.
Since he doesn't, the three-way childhood friends route needs to be taken out.
Of course she is related to Touma's past, but we already had hints of it way before NT6 and 7, it seems people realize it only now.
But he lost his memories... I mean wouldn't that be an obvious reason that he doesn't even know who they are anymore so he can't address them as childhood friends

I mean Misaki acts as if he should know her, but he acts as if he doesn't. The reason he acts that way is because he doesn't remember her. She remembers him though especially with the way she acts towards him

In terms of Seria, I am guessing something similar might be going on. This is completely possible. So I do not see any reason at all they couldn't have been childhood friends.

I more subscribe to the idea that they were close before (i.e. they had met each other several times at least and that one of them liked the other one), but I'm still open to the fact that they were actually childhood friends.

First of all, it's possible Touma didn't recognize her. It is possible she didn't want Misaka to know that Touma knew her from before if he wasn't saying anything because he might have done something for her just like he did for Mikoto with the sisters and it would be totally private. In terms of Mikoto she is super naive and open and doesn't hide everything.

However, as we see Misaki doesn't trust anyone and doesn't reveal any of her secrets at all to anyone she doesn't trust. It just seems that she might of thought that Touma was being subtle by pretending not to know her... which is the reason she changed the subject and started to go do other stuff.

This would fit in with her character.

IMO the biggest thing about Misaki is that she implicitly trusts Touma when she trusts no one else. This is a large sign that she knows him and they were either close or that he did something big for her, because she otherwise wouldn't trust anyone.

She can't even mind control Touma and yet she trusts him. This should be worth noting. She doesn't trust Mikoto because she can't mind control her. This should make it clear even just from the railgun manga that there is some connection between the two that Shokuhou knows even if Touma doesn't.
Old 2013-09-11, 16:03   Link #77
Shinhwa
Banned

I wouldn't say they are childhood friends really. But I would say the relationship was kind of close, maybe not romantically.

Considering Misaki does know Touma's imagine breaker, I would say they had a good relationship as friends or something.
Old 2013-09-11, 16:06   Link #78
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I wouldn't say they are childhood friends really. But I would say the relationship was kind of close, maybe not romantically.

Considering Misaki does know Touma's imagine breaker, I would say they had a good relationship as friends or something.
Re-read the last part of what I said

She trusts Touma even though she can't use her powers on him. She doesn't trust Mikoto who is openly kind/tsundere for that exact reason.

Also, Touma lost his memories and she might think he was keeping her privacy so she didn't suspect anything. Does that sound right?
Old 2013-09-11, 16:12   Link #79
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
But he lost his memories... I mean wouldn't that be an obvious reason that he doesn't even know who they are anymore so he can't address them as childhood friends
In terms of Seria, I am guessing something similar might be going on. This is completely possible. So I do not see any reason at all they couldn't have been childhood friends.

I more subscribe to the idea that they were close before (i.e. they had met each other several times at least and that one of them liked the other one), but I'm still open to the fact that they were actually childhood friends.
Re-read my excerpt from SS2. Date: second week of July, meaning before he lost his memories.

I have nothing against the ''Misaki and Touma are childhood friends'' theory, but the part with Seria just doesn't make sense, that was my point.
Old 2013-09-11, 16:16   Link #80
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Re-read my excerpt from SS2. Date: second week of July, meaning before he lost his memories.

I have nothing against the ''Misaki and Touma are childhood friends'' theory, but the part with Seria just doesn't make sense, that was my point.
Ah. Sorry lol. I see what you mean. Though he might have lost his memories more than once in his lifetime. (considering his character)
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, shokuhou misaki