AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-29, 18:30   Link #5601
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You know, I kind of think that rather than having some deep, dark, secretive reason for not telling the group that the relic would attract Grimm... maybe it just slipped Ozpin's mind?
I don't trust the writers to deliver.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-29, 20:55   Link #5602
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

More like Ozpin is being intentionally misleading and probably deceptive. It's time he gets called out on it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-29, 22:01   Link #5603
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You know, I kind of think that rather than having some deep, dark, secretive reason for not telling the group that the relic would attract Grimm... maybe it just slipped Ozpin's mind?
Possible, but that's quite the thing to forget. It's also possible he declined to tell them because otherwise they wouldn't have gone on the train.

Frankly, I was hoping last season was the end of the Shady Ozpin drama, but alas...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 03:32   Link #5604
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Dumbledore > Ozpin

Only slightly better though. Both are manipulative old men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I don't trust the writers to deliver.
Yeah. The story is not up to parr this last few Volumes. Last Volume was a total mess.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 10:22   Link #5605
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Volume 6 Episode 2.

That flaming bitch is still alive.

So the Relic of Knowledge is a literal hot genie in the lamp. Who will now reveal the secrets and past Ozpin refuses to tell anyone... NEXT WEEK IN EPISODE 3!

Looks we'll finally see Ozpin unravel, regardless of the reason he refuses to trust people.

Edit - So it would seem that the blonde girl in the OP is indeed Salem pre... whatever she is right now, and it becomes abundantly clear that whatever she is now, is possibly due to Ozpin. In fact there are references in previous seasons (Season 3 I think) about the fairy tale of the girl in a tower.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2018-11-03 at 10:48.
Old 2018-11-03, 11:39   Link #5606
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Volume 6 Episode 2.

That flaming bitch is still alive.

So the Relic of Knowledge is a literal hot genie in the lamp. Who will now reveal the secrets and past Ozpin refuses to tell anyone... NEXT WEEK IN EPISODE 3!

Looks we'll finally see Ozpin unravel, regardless of the reason he refuses to trust people.

Edit - So it would seem that the blonde girl in the OP is indeed Salem pre... whatever she is right now, and it becomes abundantly clear that whatever she is now, is possibly due to Ozpin. In fact there are references in previous seasons (Season 3 I think) about the fairy tale of the girl in a tower.
What references?
Old 2018-11-03, 16:58   Link #5607
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
What references?
Vol 3 referenced a lot of Fairy Tales in setting:

The Two Brothers (Gods of Light and Darkness)

The Shallow Sea (????)

The Four Seasons (The Four Maidens)

The Girl in the Tower (Salem?)

It is also worth noting that when Pyrrha brought up the the last one, Ozpin interrupted her immediately.

Fitting that a setting that takes a lot of references from Fairy Tales has a lot of its Fairy Tales be based off true events.
Old 2018-11-03, 17:29   Link #5608
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Vol 3 referenced a lot of Fairy Tales in setting:

The Two Brothers (Gods of Light and Darkness)

The Shallow Sea (????)

The Four Seasons (The Four Maidens)

The Girl in the Tower (Salem?)

It is also worth noting that when Pyrrha brought up the the last one, Ozpin interrupted her immediately.

Fitting that a setting that takes a lot of references from Fairy Tales has a lot of its Fairy Tales be based off true events.
Nice catch.
Old 2018-11-03, 17:41   Link #5609
RDNexus

So...there's really no other way of following this than through RT Player, I guess?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 19:10   Link #5610
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^ I watch in another site. There's always a way

What's their excuse for not uploading to Youtube again? Something about that site becoming shite or something.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2018-11-04, 05:08   Link #5611
tuckersister

I knew Ozpin's past would brought up in this early.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 07:14   Link #5612
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
What's their excuse for not uploading to Youtube again? Something about that site becoming shite or something.
They got demonetized.

Quote:
"...This decision was made after many of Rooster Teeth's videos on YouTube were demonetized for various reasons."
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 07:21   Link #5613
RDNexus

YouTube sure has been going crappy as of late. Actually, why is the YT staff doing such a thing?
Because of that, I lost the best place to watch the series, and with subs to make sure I wouldn't lose any relevant detail
Old 2018-11-04, 07:33   Link #5614
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I honestly can't blame RT for their decision once YT started demonetizing them. They're still a company and YT was a major source of income for them from their shows.

Even though they pulled out of uploading to YT, I doubt that having to focus and redirect people to RT primarily could have offset their losses from YT.
Old 2018-11-04, 09:45   Link #5615
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Why won't they kill off that bitch, Cinder. Dammit RT.

Edit: Ozpin really is worst than Dumbledore.

Old 2018-11-04, 19:36   Link #5616
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Demonetized meaning....?

Was it on YT Red or something?

Oh, and the Week Late Train is still stuck at the station. Just haven't got around to watching Episode 1 yet.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 23:06   Link #5617
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally watched RWBY Season 6 Ep1 after it became available to watch for free.
I think the RT Player isn't working since i couldn't watch it and had to resort using an extension to get the video.
Anyway, great season premiere especially RWBY, JNR, Qrow and Oscar fighting against the Grimm on the train. Ozpin is still being secretive again and Judging by the OP, Jaune might have enough of Ozpin's BS. I wonder whose the old lady with goggles is? And Adam goes nuts and kills his followers after they mock his failure at Haven.
Old 2018-11-05, 03:03   Link #5618
Skaddix

To be Devil's Advocate for dear old Oz he is fresh off getting stabbed in the back by Leo and he has only known Team Ruby for what a year? How much should he trust some what second year Huntswomen Students?

Also why did Ozpin not use all the wishes, he can afford to wait 100 years for a reset.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 03:43   Link #5619
RDNexus

We don't know if it was him who actually used the 1st question of that era.

And while I understand his enigmatic way of getting things done, others around them may not be that comprehensive, as this week's episode showed.
Crow, with years of experience on his back, could do with how secretive Oz can be.
The girls, on the other hand, have been tossed fresh into the wild, all of a sudden, and have a lot on their plate. They're getting involved in all kinds of stuff from the far-off past, so they feel like they deserve explanations, regardless of how they may react to the answers.

It's quite the complicated matter, but at least it got this new season off on a good note, for starters.
Old 2018-11-05, 16:08   Link #5620
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Ozpin straight out told a lie of the questions already being used only to be proven wrong. The implication of that is big as it's not like other times where he gives just half-truths. If he can lie that easily about something like this then what other lies has he uttered to his "allies".

Raven's distrust of Ozpin makes total sense now. RT should really have included this last Volume so that we could sympathize on Raven's plight. Without this context about Ozpin's character it just felt like Raven was making excuses for leaving Ozpin's side. I myself readily admit to mocking Raven for her actions last Volume.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby