AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-23, 04:46   Link #4561
Gaizafaiz

I am catching up. And I've not regret it. But with real life stuffs it's going to take sometime for me to catch up.
Old 2018-10-23, 05:13   Link #4562
tuckersister

Why do you read off the wiki site?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 12:52   Link #4563
MPT

Okay, I've only barely started reading, but I've done my usual perusal of the illustrations before I read because I can never resist that.

First, the coloured illustrations:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Next, what's happening for the anniversary has been announced: A new drama CD, not an adaptation of existing content, but the first of the if stories.

It's "What if Princess Alaya came to modern times?", and the main cast from the anime will all be reprising their roles. It'll be sold with volume 31 in spring, 2019.
MPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 13:38   Link #4564
Lex79

Well from the illustrations I can guess what part Yurika represents of the goddess...
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 16:05   Link #4565
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Done with the volume.

Well, first, let's say it's average. Nothing much really happens, but because you're used to the characters and just like reading about them, it's not boring either. We get to see a more honest Koutarou, and some cute moments. But the most important thing is that it's also a Kenji volume!
I'm so glad such a bro can finally get more screen time in the novel. He gets 4 illustrations! Yeah, 4! Even though he's a guy! Kenji finally gets to learn the truth about everything. I like bro characters, so really glad Kenji finally gets his turn!

Anyway, to complete what MPT said, next volume will be a Hercules volume + first part of "If Koutarou started going out with (name)". The first one being Harumi. They basically decided to go with the duality Harumi in book, and Alaia in Drama CD, which is pretty nice. (so vol 31 cover will be Harumi, and the Special cover will be Alaia)
Time period is the same as volume 30 (Koutarou entering 3rd year), but rather than an if story diverging from the main story, it's more like one of the parallel worlds talked about in vol 29, one of the possibilities. Same for the Drama CD with Alaia.

And I think that's it? Ah, yeah, also, there is a little plot point continuing too in this volume. About the grey (yeah, grey, not black) swirl. So I think some people who still asked things about it will be happy.

Last edited by Rinvelt; 2018-10-31 at 17:06.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 19:07   Link #4566
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Agreed, bros never get enough screentime in any series so I'll be looking forward to reading this volume for myself.
Old 2018-11-02, 23:27   Link #4567
xanxia
Mech Knight

Spoiler for Question about the illustrations:
Old 2018-11-03, 04:46   Link #4568
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^
Spoiler for answer:
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 21:18   Link #4569
xanxia
Mech Knight

^Thanks. I guess it makes sense now that I think about it.
Old 2018-11-12, 12:37   Link #4570
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

JNC's has started translation of vol 30
Old 2018-11-28, 06:23   Link #4571
sasabit

Haven't read the series since around the part where Kiriha found out that MC was her big bro from the past, seems to have been a ton of volumes since then, lol. Is it still a harem, and if it is, who's in the lead? My favorite girl was always Harumi, is she likely to be main heroine?
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 06:25   Link #4572
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
Haven't read the series since around the part where Kiriha found out that MC was her big bro from the past, seems to have been a ton of volumes since then, lol. Is it still a harem, and if it is, who's in the lead? My favorite girl was always Harumi, is she likely to be main heroine?
Yes, it is, all girls are equal
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 01:00   Link #4573
sierra117
Harem Seeker

ifinally have time to catch up with the volumes and i immediately burst out of laughlin at the end of volume 26 when Theia justified her way to back to Earth, Oh poor Koutarou
and with the way Elle and Theia manipulate the public opinion, all Koutarou need to do is nod his head and they will immediately ascend him to become Forthorthe first Emperor with pretty much zero opposition
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2018-12-31, 19:05   Link #4574
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Volume 30 finished.

Volume 31 will consist of 1/2 Heracles short stories and the other half will be about one of the infinite Kotarou's and a What-If he started dating Harumi.

Will also be a drama CD about what-if Kotarou took Alaia back to Earth with him. (please license it Sam).
Old 2019-01-01, 04:27   Link #4575
Lex79

So now we are going to have what if volumes mixed with regular ones? The main story seems far from being completed.
Old 2019-01-02, 00:46   Link #4576
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ The main story already ended with vol 29. What we're getting now are essentially after stories.
Old 2019-02-06, 01:32   Link #4577
ShadowKiller545
Keyboard Warrior

Is there ever any real romance in this series? just started it but i'mma be pissed if i read 30 volumes for a "and they were all good friends at the end" does he actually like confess and at least kiss them ?
ShadowKiller545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 02:01   Link #4578
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiller545 View Post
Is there ever any real romance in this series? just started it but i'mma be pissed if i read 30 volumes for a "and they were all good friends at the end" does he actually like confess and at least kiss them ?
Yes
This is one of the best harem LNs for reasons, you know
Old 2019-02-06, 02:04   Link #4579
Lex79

Romance development is very slow and mostly implied for Koutarou. We are supposed to know how he really feels, even if it's not explicitely told.
Old 2019-02-06, 17:28   Link #4580
ShadowKiller545
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Yes
This is one of the best harem LNs for reasons, you know
Well I'm just asking cuz i don't like reading long series that end in nothing even when romance is supposed to be one of the main themes so i like to know beforehand the relationship/s will go somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Romance development is very slow and mostly implied for Koutarou. We are supposed to know how he really feels, even if it's not explicitely told.
Well i don't mind it being slow as long as something happens, well i enjoy the "show don't tell" approach but again i just wanted to make sure something Does happen you know, so harem ending right ? does he tell all the girls to be with him ? or is it just implied at the end ....
ShadowKiller545 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, comedy, fantasy, harem, harmonious relationship, knights, magical girls, romance, shounen, time travel