AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-20, 15:15   Link #201
TheWitch0fDivinty

DX Can I ask a Topic for the Petition for the PS3 Game?

Spoiler for The Petition:

I'll just leave it here, forgive me if I've broken any rules V-V we only have 60 signatures at the moment... It be a damn shame if we couldn't at least get the Umineko Game in the States.

I'd wonder if it be copied the same or have a few difference... >3>
Old 2010-10-27, 00:48   Link #202
Dr. Casey

Weird, the Bernkastel thread was deleted.
Old 2010-10-27, 06:31   Link #203
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Making threads for Bernkastel and Lambdadelta was definitely a mistake on the long run: people just can't stop discussing about Episode 5 and beyond, despite it has been repeated numerously that the character threads are aimed for anime watchers only.
I just removed them. They will back "if" there is a second season of Umineko.
Old 2010-11-20, 18:08   Link #204
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

A thread for game number 8?
Old 2010-11-20, 18:12   Link #205
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thread will only be created once Episode 8 is realized, not before that due to obvious reasons (erratic reactions, numerous fake spoilers etc).
Old 2010-11-20, 18:16   Link #206
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The thread will only be created once Episode 8 is realized, not before that due to obvious reasons (erratic reactions, numerous fake spoilers etc).
Realized as in officially out or official confirmed? Because even the official site said so already. http://07th-expansion.net/umi/Main.htm
Old 2010-11-20, 18:19   Link #207
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

So tired with all the crap that I made quite a huge typo.
I meant released, hence not before comicket 79 is over. The other reason for not making the thread any time earlier is also an absolute lack of proper discussion direction: a heated discussion of what Episode 8 will look like is basically speculation of the same kind we have for theories and the like. No peculiar substancial discussion topic aside of that, save the very few screencaps.
Old 2010-12-08, 19:13   Link #208
Keriaku
Thought Being

Can we make a thread seperate from the Spoilers and Speculation thread to talk about the metaphysical/reality aspects of Umineko? I think Umineko has developed to a point where the reality and mystery/genre aspects of Umineko can be talked about on their own.
Old 2010-12-31, 07:18   Link #209
Sherringford

Can I request the spoiler thread to be reopened? A lot of people here have A LOT of fun seeing fake spoilers, and I don't see a reason why they should have that fun taken away. Discussing them and going "if this was true then..." is one of the best parts of post-release day.
Old 2010-12-31, 07:29   Link #210
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The spoilers and speculations thread has been causing a lot of chaos every time a new episode comes out. It's not so much the chaos as is the incredible amount of real and fake details that pop and and mix together, creating a huge confusing mess. Even for fun, the fake information are misleading and really causes a lot of confusion and misinterpretations that confuses more than just the posters, because these boards are also used as a prime source of information by other people.
Old 2010-12-31, 07:34   Link #211
Sherringford

It seems very very silly to me to stop people from discussing a game because some anecdotal people take things at face value. Anyone going to the spoiler thread today to look for more info should know that there is a very high chance of fakes being posted there. I mean, it's launch day. You have to be really dense not to assume a few fakes flying around.

And if that is a real problem, just rename the thread "UNCONFIRMED EPISODE 8 SPOILERS & DISCUSSION" to satisfy both sides.
Old 2010-12-31, 08:09   Link #212
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We already had way too many incidents where fake spoilers lead to ridiculous arguments and debates, borderline going personal (either about the franchise or other members).

Also, no that is -not- discussion regarding Episode 8 or the franchise at all. It is a mish mash discussion and raw reactions/impressions of unverified facts at all. And suppose they are still facts, the context isn't proper for usual discussions.

For all intent and purpose, there is nothing good that can emerge from this, except trigger happy chitchat (going against the "no nonsense", "no public personal conversation", and potentially "no flame" forum rules).
There is no reason to create a thread about unconfirmed stuff, as its content will serve no purpose on the middle or long run and with the other issues mentioned above.

I believe there is a livejournal page covering spoilers (true and fake alike), isn't it? Well that's the perfect place then.
Old 2010-12-31, 08:25   Link #213
Shin Kyo

How about a thread for [Game] When They Cry Mugen?

Last edited by Shin Kyo; 2010-12-31 at 08:35.
Old 2010-12-31, 08:36   Link #214
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That has nothing to do with the franchise. You can add basically anything to mugen, so that really shouldn't have its place here.
Old 2010-12-31, 13:43   Link #215
Kylon99

Ok, so EP8 has been sold and is in the wild. I assume someone would have created it already... are we waiting for something?
Old 2010-12-31, 17:01   Link #216
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, but considering how things are busy today because of the obvious date, it isn't like it would be created like a finger snap, but well.
Old 2011-01-21, 18:31   Link #217
D3monicWolv3s

Can there be a literary reference thread that lists what mysteries/authors were referenced throughout the series?

Examples
Spoiler for arcs 5-7:
Old 2011-01-21, 18:46   Link #218
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3monicWolv3s View Post
Can there be a literary reference thread that lists what mysteries/authors were referenced throughout the series?

Examples
Spoiler for arcs 5-7:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-21, 20:56   Link #219
D3monicWolv3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Spoiler:
Ah thanks.

Found two more
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2011-02-10, 17:02   Link #220
Hullard

Hi, I was just wanting to make a request for a character alignment thread for people to give their opinions on the alignment of the characters in the series. The alignment opinions would be based on the D&D character alignment system found an explained here:

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vortex...alignment.html

So the choices would be Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil, Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, and Chaotic Neutral.

Hopefully this thread suggestion is acceptable. Thanks.
Closed Thread