AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 31.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 21.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-10, 07:52   Link #21
Wrath88
Kissing...

Pretty normal for an episode... but neither of them managed to come out and tell the other what they feel about their partner. Guess that's reserved for the next episode.

Quite a few funny events, lol.
Old 2010-09-10, 08:10   Link #22
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I don't agree with you. I think the ecchi of that was spectacular still that's about all to it with the ecchi. Still can't deny how nice this is=>
Spoiler:
That would be awesome if it wasn't a tentacle doing the moving.

Quote:
but in Sae's case that neck choker is look here=>
Yeah...that's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Tentacle rape. I'll never understand it's popularity nor do I want to...
Agreed, ten fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^ Seems it's too late for that, they're already unofficially a couple...
It's never too late for the fetish kiss. They can still have it next episode. Maybe it'll be during the contest...lol.

Speaking of the contest, I think the Ms. Santa would have been better. They're not even close to being a couple. He knows almost nothing about her, lol.
Old 2010-09-10, 09:58   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay... uh... ugh.

I'm dropping Sae's arc. I think I can see where the conclusion is going and, seeing as though she's pretty much been (d)evolved into not only a bit of the buttmonkey for jokes but by making turning her into pure fanservice, I've lost all emotional and viewer connections with her and the rest of the cast for this incarnation. I seriously wanted to smash my head into my table after the sheer... whatever-ness of Haruka's comment on Junichi's question at the start. Gag reflex ahoy.

Junichi's now as a blithering idiot only makes it worse.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:04   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Gah..... this is classic "why I hate a lot of this genre and its painful finding the gems" time. They've made Junichi a complete block of baka-concrete and the plot, oye, the plot. Was this written by the same team as the first two arcs????

I think Sae is cute and earnest in her shyness... great idea for a character but they're managing to make me nauseated at this heavy-handed juvenile story writing. Probably the worst rating I've given in ages... I've read that Sae wasn't all that popular in the focus ratings - if the game software handled it this way, I think I blame the story events more than the character.

Poor Sae...

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-09-10 at 10:15.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:11   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I would say that the arc would be good enough if Junichi wasn't an idiot and wasn't so unaware that he's borderline pimping Sae out. Much of the fanservice is because of him anyway, regardless whether he's aware of what he's doing or not. Sae's likable and earnest enough, willing to go along with him because she likes him and she really wants to change.

In the end it's Junichi I can't stand. Most of my problems with this arc stems from whatever the hell it is that's going on (or not going on) in that head of his.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:16   Link #26
lightbringer
M9000

I like this a lot because of how Sae is far less naive than she lets on and because of how she takes control of the situation. She has put a leash on the clueless protagonist I'm kind of getting vibes of Saidar (Sae-dar?) and the whole Aes Sedai philosophy of submitting in order to gain control
Old 2010-09-10, 10:17   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Please elaborate....... want to know.....
Nothing really much. Just that there were a couple of times, I was supposed to be seeing the protagonist, but I saw Makoto's face instead (well, both have the same hair color and all) and the protagonist's voice became Daisuke's...
I don't remember the specific scenes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-09-10, 10:19   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I would say that the arc would be good enough if Junichi wasn't an idiot and wasn't so unaware that he's borderline pimping Sae out. Much of the fanservice is because of him anyway, regardless whether he's aware of what he's doing or not. Sae's likable and earnest enough, willing to go along with him because she likes him and she really wants to change.

In the end it's Junichi I can't stand. Most of my problems with this arc stems from whatever the hell it is that's going on (or not going on) in that head of his.
Yeah... I suppose its this incarnation of Junichi (totally unlike the other arcs). It just feels like the writers set the Wayback Machine to Year Stupid. Most romances I've watched in the last few years have moved beyond the single dimensional "dumb as gravel" protagonist. It stands out badly here because the other two Junichi weren't clueless.... they had a more complex texture of awkward and inexperience.

I guess I just think the character of Sae deserved a better treatment on par with the first two arcs, ah well.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:22   Link #29
coderlan
Student

She has good judgement despite the fact that she's so timid, but because of him and her judgement, she can do anything; most likely she is inspired.

I admire all girls who're like this; they're pretty amazing imo.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:35   Link #30
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

There were two high points for me in this episode.

Spoiler for The high points:

At least there's only one more episode in this mildly amusing yet painful-to-watch arc.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:46   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eeeeh? No awkward kiss scene? Well, I guess after everything Junichi's put Sae through, there was no need for one. Not to mention, there was even a tentacle rape scene in this ep.

This episode made me realize how much I miss Haruka and her craziness. Also, not enough Miya. It's boring when only Sae is around.

Quote:
I think she came from the Netherlands but in Sae's case that neck choker is look here=>
If there is one thing I love about Sae, it's her tastes in clothes. She was already awesome for wearing thigh highs, now she's even wearing a choker and gloves! Blade would be proud. The dress looks stunning as well.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:46   Link #32
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I guess I just think the character of Sae deserved a better treatment on par with the first two arcs, ah well.
Yes, she deserved better. And now people may bash her because this arc was not as good. It was the story and how they portrayed Junichi that made it not so good - not her.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:47   Link #33
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Dropping the Sae arc now is like jumping over 8 of 10 hurdles then giving up and jumping back.

Anyway this was ridiculously cute, well at least when Junichi wasn't shown. Shy and cute is a combination I always liked and the sandwich scene was just wwwwww. There were some fun moments in the episode:

Going to the Hero show: Bamboo Blade

Squid antagonist:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Name calling in the preview: MGLN

Looking forward to the next episode and THAT DRESS.
Old 2010-09-10, 10:59   Link #34
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I agree with the above assertions - it isn't Sae i am having problems with (contrary to my pre-arc expectations, i find her fairly likable and somewhat surprised that despite her timid appearance she actually takes lead of things in her own way, and isn't clueless about Junichi's "training", just letting him get away with it because she likes to be around the guy .... devils know why), it is Junichi. He has single handedly sabotaged my enjoyment of the arc on constant basis. I wasn't exactly fond of him before, but they have went out of their way in this arc to show him as brain-dead dodo who has no grasp on his own actions.

What this episode lacked in sexual harassment "training" on his part, it made it up with an extra layer of thickness - i agree with Vexx, it isn't anything entertaining to be confronted with a male lead whose main role in a romance is to appear clueless as to what is going on. Been there, done that, it is frustrating more then anything else. Then again, he looks positively blessed with foresight next to Haruka ...

Yeah - i can see why Sae didn't turn out very popular, and would also blame her story more than her character - both the Junichi and the setting she has to work with are bottom of the barrel, here's hoping for a less frustrating finish next week.
Old 2010-09-10, 11:28   Link #35
GDB

So yeah, head-shake sandwich Sae was awesome. First time I've found her to be actually adorable. And that preview... First I was thinking "Wow, she's naked. Neat." And then all of a sudden she's in that great black dress with a choker, and I'm thinking "I think this looks even better. Damn you, clothing fetishes!"
Old 2010-09-10, 12:08   Link #36
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So yeah, head-shake sandwich Sae was awesome. First time I've found her to be actually adorable. And that preview... First I was thinking "Wow, she's naked. Neat." And then all of a sudden she's in that great black dress with a choker, and I'm thinking "I think this looks even better. Damn you, clothing fetishes!"
A partially clothed women is more sexy than a naked one. So don't worry about it.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:12   Link #37
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
A partially clothed women is more sexy than a naked one. So don't worry about it.
That depends entirely on the woman and the situation, in my own experience.

Old 2010-09-10, 13:15   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Beto speaks the truth twice in one day. You sir are on a role.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:23   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I guess it depends on where you come from. I've read articles with polls and surveys...so yeah.

Anyway, I think there was less narration this episode.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:30   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I guess it depends on where you come from. I've read articles with polls and surveys...so yeah.

Anyway, I think there was less narration this episode.
Exactly. These kind of things depend entirely on your own preference. No matter how beautiful a woman is, she will always look even more beautiful partially clothed for me (when I say partially clothed, I mean stockings, gloves and the like... which isn't a lot of clothings ).

I do think there was less narration in this episode but maybe that's simply because we're getting used to it. I really hope they'll drop the narration in the next arc though, I don't want to hear any silly comments about Ai.