Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-24, 07:07   Link #641
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The director of the ep was Okamura Masahiko (a man), who also did multiple episodes of [...] Doujin Work.
Now I'm getting kind of scared... Given how that director butchered Doujin Work into something much less funny than it used to be via various crappy plot change, I hope he didn't do the same for this episode.
As for the episodes, I'm still waiting for the DVD versions from Triad as apparently the TV censorship is rampant.
Old 2007-11-24, 16:08   Link #642
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I finally got around to Episode 06, and since I already talked about the contents of the episode I'll just talk briefly about the things that are anime exclusive (i.e use of colour and sound)

Spoiler for Symbolism In Episode 06::
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 07:16   Link #643
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I get a kick out of Kuro-chan. After all, how often do we get to see a lily loli goth?!
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 21:15   Link #644
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
First of all, Episode 6 was one of the best episode that I seen this year and I dont know why alot of people is hating it (ANN is the biggest haters to this series), but after I look at it. I have a couple of questions about it. For people who didnt see it, I will "tag" it

Spoiler for Question #1:

Then it will come to

Spoiler for Question #2:

That is the two questions that I have about this but the series is very good if you take away the pedo/sexual stuff away. I will like to see a Subfourms to this since both the Manga and Anime is very popular to alot people.
Old 2007-11-26, 00:21   Link #645
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for Answer #2:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 00:59   Link #646
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

As I just read this episodes manga chapter version, I can tell people right now the censors are an absolute jokes. Right now I can even name two of them since they are just that tame. When Kagami calls Aoki a name and he says it right back to her, she's calling him a....are you ready.....it's so horribly offensive....a (GASP!)
Spoiler for What Kagami Called Aoki:

Horrible I know. And the last scene which was slightly reworked along with much of the episode had Rin drooling on Aokis lap and waking up, saying he
Spoiler for What Rin Said:
, with Kagami also leaping at the opportunity to repeat so as well[spoiler]. All of this would even be allowed on American TV I imagine. Either the censor is the most overzealous censor in the history of the world, or they are gaming the market for enhanced DVD sales.

As for the rest of the episode, I'll just talk about the added part, which was the overnight campout. Gotta love Kagami having all that stuff shipped up to the cabin (kind of reminds me of Princess Vespa in Space Balls) only to have it sent away again. To bad this results in Aoki getting trapped in a noose and having to sing her a lullabye, which still get's him bitched out. The girls just plan evil and on a power trip, it's so awesome . Also of note was the whole bathtub raid incident, which somehow felt like tactical espionage, but as usual the sole victim was Mimi. Rin also runs Aoki ragged along with Kagami, but has the courtesy to at least look after him while he rests. This actually ties into a Manga chapter a bit that never got featured, which is a shame, but basically she sort of owes him a little. Also of note was that Rin was humming the opening tune while coming her hair instead of paying attention to Kagami's fashion show.

All in all a solid episode other then the censoring which is out of control, especially since I know for a fact that nothing really unacceptable happened during any of them. In fact I've seen a lot worse slip by in this series then what was actually censored.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-11-26 at 13:39.
Old 2007-11-26, 04:59   Link #647
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

All in all a solid episode other then the censoring which is out of control, especially since I know for a fact that nothing really unacceptable happened during any of them. In fact I've seen a lot worse slip by in this series then what was actually censored.
I know, man. It's freaky that panty scenes are censored but the background at the female onsen where the female students walking around nekkid aren't.

Ep 7 is good. Hoin sensei once again fails in her plan. She tries to get into Aoki's room but unfortunately Rin moves much much quicker. I feel sorry for her tho'. There haven't been an ep where she successfully get a date with Aoki. Maybe in this series, nice guys or girls finish first.

Last edited by plzd0ntkeelme; 2007-11-26 at 09:43.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 07:46   Link #648
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2007-11-26, 08:18   Link #649
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
First of all, Episode 6 was one of the best episode that I seen this year and I dont know why alot of people is hating it (ANN is the biggest haters to this series), but after I look at it. I have a couple of questions about it.
Spoiler for Answer #1:

Spoiler for Answer #2:

Hope that answers your questions.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 09:03   Link #650
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Spoiler for Answer #2:

Spoiler for Small clarification:
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 13:50   Link #651
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Spoiler for Small clarification:
a bit more clarification
Spoiler:
Mad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 14:02   Link #652
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
This is actually safer than most countries. The rate of deformaties caused by inbreeding is the lowest in the U.S than in any other country other than England and Spain. and that's only because we have a larger population than them.
Actually, it's more a cultural thing than an issue of safety. The increase in the incidence of birth defects amoung first cousins is only mariginal (1-2%) and is in fact less than the influence of other factors such as the age of the Mother. Still, this is all totally off topic, which is that the cousinxcousin relationship portrayed in KnJ is not unusual, illegal or immoral within the context of the society in which the story originated.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 14:55   Link #653
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A certain clarification by Mad Dog is factually incorrect.
reference: http://www.ncsl.org/programs/cyf/cousins.htm
Completely legal in 21 states.
Allowed under certain conditions in 6 states.
Illegal in the other states though all of them typically recognize the marriages if conducted in a legal state anyway.

The inbreeding statement is also unsubstantiated. The global rates of genetic anomalies from first cousin marriage is only 2% higher than random strangers or about the same as any woman over 40 having a child.

As I've stated before, first cousin marriage taboos are almost completely a matter of culture in the US, dating from the migration of rural folk into the cities during the early Industrial Age. First cousin marriage was a typical rural fixture simply because there weren't very many people "out there" and most of your options were related in some manner.

And none of this has any damn thing to do with the story because CULTURALLY cousin relationships are a normal thing in most of the damn world and the US.
Old 2007-11-26, 21:10   Link #654
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Spoiler for Answer #1:

Spoiler for Answer #2:

Thanks for that information, I understand the situation now. And the person that gave me Negative Rep on my last post, I dont know why you did that for anyway.
Old 2007-11-26, 21:52   Link #655
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, negrep is only useful if there's an explanation with it.

The degree of cousin-ness is irrelevant to the story other than in explaining how Rin may have ended up being under the care of Reiji (local, in the area so she could continue to live there, etc).
Old 2007-11-26, 23:34   Link #656
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
When Kagami calls Aoki a name and he says it right back to her, she's calling him a....are you ready.....it's so horribly offensive....a (GASP!)
Spoiler for What Kagami Called Aoki:

Horrible I know.
For your information, although doutei indeed does mean male virgin, in Japan it's also used as an insult sometimes. Regular words being used as an insult isn't a foreign thing to English speakers, so that should be pretty obvious. (ex: calling someone a "dick")

And yes, it's not at all appropriate to be coming out of a 3rd grader's mouth as an insult aimed at a teacher.
It's about as inappropriate as a 3rd grader calling his teacher a dickhead.

While I don't agree with the censoring due to its nature of being a late-night show, it's not as strange as you're making it seem.
You must understand that what's used as an insult is different in each and every culture.
Here, may I suggest this book... Uglier Than a Monkeys Armpit: Untranslatable Insults, Put-downs and Curses from Around the World ?

Last edited by aohige; 2007-11-26 at 23:45.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 23:37   Link #657
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

In Canada it's perfectly legal to marry ones cousin. As awkard as it may be for the family, I don't see what should be stopping someone from doing it.
Old 2007-11-26, 23:50   Link #658
Darkridr

I'm still wondering where they're gonna cap the series at. I mean, will it stop at the end of Vol. 3? Sooner? Or might it delve into vol 4 of the mangas? I can't see it going too much further, considering there's only 5 more eps left of this series...

BTW, I know what ppl were saying earlier about the author usually only going no more than 4 volumes to a series, but as I've been getting the scanlations, some are being listed as Vol 5! Is this accurate? If so, any speculations as to how many volumes might be in this series?
Darkridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 23:57   Link #659
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkridr View Post
I'm still wondering where they're gonna cap the series at. I mean, will it stop at the end of Vol. 3? Sooner? Or might it delve into vol 4 of the mangas? I can't see it going too much further, considering there's only 5 more eps left of this series...

BTW, I know what ppl were saying earlier about the author usually only going no more than 4 volumes to a series, but as I've been getting the scanlations, some are being listed as Vol 5! Is this accurate? If so, any speculations as to how many volumes might be in this series?
Well, this series is currently serialized in monthly Comic High! magazine.
So the scans from the episodes that were published on the magazine after the materials in vol.4 may be floating around as "what's going to be in vol.5".

Where the anime ends? Who knows.
Here's hoping for some pedelicious original anime ending, but I know I'm not going to get my wishes.
Old 2007-11-27, 00:04   Link #660
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:
In Canada it's perfectly legal to marry ones cousin. As awkard as it may be for the family, I don't see what should be stopping someone from doing it.
<Off- Topic> I can did some research about that and I found out that there is alot of people in U.S. that married their cousins(alot of first cousins by the way) <Off-Topic>

Spoiler for Famous People that married their cousin:

But back to the Series, I cant wait to see what will happen next.

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen