AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

View Poll Results: Asatte no Houkou Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 5 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 44.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 31.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-31, 12:42   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Asatte no Houkou Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Asatte no Houkou, Episode 4!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-11-01, 17:32   Link #2
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
watched the chinese subs last sunday~ aside from the graphics in the ep, story wise i have to give it 10/10~
Old 2006-11-04, 20:16   Link #3
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... it seems way too early for a happy resolution, so statistically talking this must be the turning point for the series to turn darker and darker
Old 2006-11-04, 20:18   Link #4
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Nice episode but for some reason I didn't like it as much as the previous three. Probably because Shouko is more interesting to me than Karada and the epsiode focused on the latter. Good to see Hiro neither believing that the switch had taken place immediately after seeing Harada, nor stubbornly refusing to concede that this grown up woman might be her for let's say five episodes.

Old 2006-11-04, 21:56   Link #5
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
still waiting for the english subs, its taking so long~

shouko didnt really do anything in this episode imo...well except she forced kareda and hiro to meet each other, and it was very nice of her since she is jealous of karada
Old 2006-11-05, 00:35   Link #6
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Hmm, an interesting episode. Kinda found it funny that Shouko is pushing Karada and Hiro back together. But then she may just think she is putting a sister and brother back together, while we all see the possibility of romance between those two (at least I do).
Old 2006-11-05, 12:22   Link #7
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I don't see the possibility for brother-sister romance. But eventually her
childhood friend is going to see Karada and it's going to be too much.

The fireworks ought to be interesting. Karada is essentially a child in an
adults body so handling the hormonal rush will be almost impossible at
her mental age.
Old 2006-11-05, 12:28   Link #8
Theowne
耳をすませば

Well this series isn't predictable, that's for sure. In this episode, after we are shown a flashback of what happened at the summer festival year before, and then Shouko tells Karada there are things only she would know, I could've sworn that the scene at this year's festival, at that spot they had been before, would've been Hiro saying to Karada, "do you know what this place is?", and Karada answering , since she would know. Odd.....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2006-11-05, 13:18   Link #9
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow what a great episode this series sure does keep you on your toes. I didnt expect Hiro to come back as soon as he did. I thought maybe 1 or 2 day then he would come back. Understanable that he didnt beleive them at first how could he. but after watching her and tasting her cooking and hard ass kick from Shouko he came around. I had feeling that things might work out ok since there was a festival involved. Karada looked gorgeous in Shoukos Yukata. Honestly i would have rathered seen grown up Shouko in it.

Now that thi part is over im thinking about what direction the series is going to take. It would be too much trouble for Hiro to bring Karada back to his their place like nothing ever happend. Im guessing that Karada will go on living with Shouko since they both need each other. There might be a chance that Hiro moves in too or visits often. However people will start to get suspcious if Karada stays out of school much longer. Also Shouko had a job lined up when she moved to town and if she doesnt want to lose it their going to have to come up with something. I think things are going to get a little more creative and intresting from now on. I also would suspect to see Hiro and Shouko in akward moments as they move closer to one another again. The funny things is in public they look like a family and in a small town its for people not to notice something out of the ordinary
Old 2006-11-05, 17:41   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yet again a few new BGM tracks where played in this episode. My fav' new one has to be the track played with Karada & Hiro on the hill - really good stuff.

As for the episode its self, i'm glad that at least the three of them can start to life there lives.. and at the moment i don't even want to start to think about just what could happen for the rest of the series. Most of the fun of this show is finding out~
Old 2006-11-05, 23:14   Link #11
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
There's more than that:

How is Shouko's apartment going to be paid for?
-Shouko can't work because she's underage, Karada is not yet ready to enter
the job market although she could probably get by.

-This is a BIG problem. Karada is almost to the point where she is emotionally
crippled in her new body - Hiro's acceptance of her has helped but wait until the
next big issue. I still think encountering her childhood friend could be physically
and emotionally shattering.
Old 2006-11-06, 00:20   Link #12
JediNight
キズランダム

I think that Amino-kun might react similar to Hiro, except a little more emo since he's younger. He seems that devoted to Karada, that he would most likely notice her mannerisms are the same in the long run.

As for the job part: Touko doesn't run a cafe for nothing ;D Expect Touko to be in on the secret within the next 2 eps or so, and Karada to undoubtedly work as a cook or waitress for her cafe then to pay for Shouko's apartment. And it's large enough that probably the 3 of them could live in it easily. Would be much better than the little 2K mansion they live in now.
Old 2006-11-06, 08:01   Link #13
aliensporebomb

Lightbulb Heh

My guess is he'll know right away. Love does funny things to you. I think
Hiro is having trouble accepting it simply because he's older and things are
more settled and sorted in his adult world. Amino is younger and probably
would be more accepting of something strange like this.

But Hiro is a mess - he was kind of a mess before but he's even more of
one now - he's coming up on "poster boy for self destruct sequence" #2
after Shuu-chan from Honey and Clover with how much the guy smokes.

And your supposition seens most logical - I suspect Touko would encourage
such an arrangement too. She seems to think their relationship is cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I think that Amino-kun might react similar to Hiro, except a little more emo since he's younger. He seems that devoted to Karada, that he would most likely notice her mannerisms are the same in the long run.

As for the job part: Touko doesn't run a cafe for nothing ;D Expect Touko to be in on the secret within the next 2 eps or so, and Karada to undoubtedly work as a cook or waitress for her cafe then to pay for Shouko's apartment. And it's large enough that probably the 3 of them could live in it easily. Would be much better than the little 2K mansion they live in now.
Old 2006-11-06, 14:46   Link #14
martino
makes no files now

Nice episode...keeping up the good standard. I never expected Hiro to find out the truth so late, it kind of makes me wonder what will happen now...
Also, they can't keep living like that forever...
Old 2006-11-06, 17:24   Link #15
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I am convinced that they will turn to normal at the end, after having experienced life what they wished for, and some lessons learned. Thought, I could be wrong of course...

Now that they have told Hiro the truth, and he took it quite well... but what I'm waiting for, is how Tetsu is going to take it, when he sees that Karada has turned into a beautiful (and hot) young woman.

But I'm not so sure that the others will ever find out, as Karada and Shouko MAY turn to normal at the end.
Old 2006-11-06, 17:41   Link #16
martino
makes no files now

He did take it quite well. After all, her personality didn't really change, just her physical look. The same goes for Shouko...or maybe not. She seems to have changed a bit. Now she has a lighter and friendlier atmosphere around her than she had before.
Yeah, I want to know too how Tetsu will react to that. He'll probably be really shocked...
Old 2006-11-06, 17:51   Link #17
JediNight
キズランダム

I think even if they were stuck that way for life, everything would work out in the end. Sure it would be a bit weird for everyone involved though

Shouko has commented on it, and we've seen how Karada may be inexperienced in life, but she is far more mature than her mental age. I have no doubt that she would be just fine starting out as like a waitress or cook (which we will probably see) and work her way from there. Shouko shows very good adaptability to the situation, and seems to finally be lightening up to taking advantage of it to have a little fun too.

Worse comes to worse, they could just swap identities and enroll Shouko in school somewhere else. As I would imagine people would begin to question why a young girl wasn't in school after awhile.
Old 2006-11-06, 18:43   Link #18
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Nice episode...keeping up the good standard. I never expected Hiro to find out the truth so late, it kind of makes me wonder what will happen now...
Your right i think Hiro will end up having Karada stay with Shouko for the time being. If he brought her home there would be too many questions from neighbors, as for him self he may move in
Old 2006-11-06, 18:58   Link #19
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Yeah, I want to know too how Tetsu will react to that. He'll probably be really shocked...
he will be shocked for the first 1 min but then become completely overjoyed at how mature karada is

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-07, 04:06   Link #20
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So when will Hiro get a haircut & shave?

And basically he sees through only his left eye?
Closed Thread