AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-21, 08:02   Link #1
Kweck

Past Captains

I couldnt find a thread on this so i was wondering.. If we will ever know whom was the past captains?

Like Aizens captain etc when he was VC of 5th, or theprevious captain of 11th that Kenpachi killed etc.

Discuss.
Old 2007-02-21, 08:13   Link #2
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

probably the more important ones we will find out in the future, for example the captain zaraki killed, or whether isshin is a captain or who he was under etc. etc. For the other less important ones, i dont think so, like aizen's captain. I dont see him playing a huge role anyway.
Old 2007-02-21, 08:19   Link #3
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
probably the more important ones we will find out in the future, for example the captain zaraki killed, or whether isshin is a captain or who he was under etc. etc. For the other less important ones, i dont think so, like aizen's captain. I dont see him playing a huge role anyway.
maybe not, but it would have been really fun to know

Old 2007-02-21, 09:38   Link #4
Zabimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
I don't have the ep to take a screenshot but you can see Isshin's old captain's robe bundled on his shoulder with just a little bit of it blowing in the wind when he first walks up to fight the Grand Fisher.
Old 2007-02-21, 10:14   Link #5
maiju
#1 Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabimaru View Post
I don't have the ep to take a screenshot but you can see Isshin's old captain's robe bundled on his shoulder with just a little bit of it blowing in the wind when he first walks up to fight the Grand Fisher.
Here's a screenshot:

Old 2007-02-21, 11:33   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Knit Pick : Nothing is know about previous 11 th div Taicho even the Tosen part is unrelated . Tosen's shinigami lover is killed by her deranged/jealous Shinigami Husband so Tosen veiws Zaraki as an embodiment of her husband .

Ichinose is a filler orignal chracter only thing known about 11 Div Taicho is Zaraki killed him .
Old 2007-02-21, 12:15   Link #7
Kweck

Talking

Geta Boshi <3. Best bleach debattant in my opinion.

U have so much knowledge and pull out very good arguments.

Whats your secret?
Old 2007-02-21, 12:21   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Actually I had though about this previously and gave it even more though after OVA 2 release . Baishin killed 3 Taichos before escaping but OVA 2 was an orignal work I guess I couldnt find evidence otherwise . So this though has been their in my head for quite a while .
Old 2007-02-21, 13:22   Link #9
kagato3

Intrestly it seems that there has been quite a turn over of captains in the last 100 years. We can confirm that Gin and Toushirou became captians in the last 50 years, it is also likely that Tousen Kaname(seems to have been the 4 seat of the company that Azein was the VC of) and Komamura Sajin (he was recruted by tosen when Azein was a VC) did as well. Soi Fong and Kurotsuchi Mayuri became captians after Urahara's exile. Byakuya seems to have become a captian after Yoruichi left from the way she treated him like a child. that's 7 out of 13 captains not includeing Azien and Kenpachi both of whom are to difacult to date when they became captians.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-02-21, 13:51   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Gin was a Fuku when Kira Momo Renji were in the academy . Before the arrival of Toshiro Gin was the fastest in progression .
Old 2007-02-21, 14:20   Link #11
maiju
#1 Procrastinator

Has it ever been confirmed that captain's jacket with sleeves = senior captain?

I read that theory somewhere a while ago, and it makes sense with some of the captains. We know that Yama, Ukitake and Kyouraku have been captains for a long time. Gin, Hitsugaya and Byakuya on the other hand, are relatively new captains.
One could speculate that Unohana has been a captain for quite long now due to the amount of respect she's getting. Also, if Kurotsuchi became captain right after Urahara's exile, he's been one for about 100 years. Soifon says in chapter 159 that she struggled and gained strength to surpass Yoruichi, so she probably has been the leader of the executive militia (and also a captain) for less than 100 years.

Zaraki and co. are really difficult to place on the time line. Ikkaku was Renji's senpai in the 11th, but there's no info on whether he and Yumi ever went to the academy. It's pretty safe to say that Zaraki didn't.

Last edited by maiju; 2007-02-21 at 14:21. Reason: typo ^^
Old 2007-02-21, 14:26   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Was Mayuri indeed Ura's fuku Taicho ? or was it Tesssai . Tessai kido is really good so that made me think about Tessai being a Fuku .

Quote:
Has it ever been confirmed that captain's jacket with sleeves = senior captain?
That theory has been making rounds since a long time I belive in it but the validity still remains unconfirmed Even Uno has long sleeves for that matter .

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-02-21, 14:58   Link #13
maiju
#1 Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Was Mayuri indeed Ura's fuku Taicho ? or was it Tesssai . Tessai kido is really good so that made me think about Tessai being a Fuku .

That theory has been making rounds since a long time I belive in it but the validity still remains unconfirmed Even Uno has long sleeves for that matter .

Spoiler for manga:
Although there hasn't been much info on Urahara's captain days, Tessai would somehow make more sense than Kurotsuchi.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-02-21, 15:35   Link #14
Jingjong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Intrestly it seems that there has been quite a turn over of captains in the last 100 years. We can confirm that Gin and Toushirou became captians in the last 50 years, it is also likely that Tousen Kaname(seems to have been the 4 seat of the company that Azein was the VC of) and Komamura Sajin (he was recruted by tosen when Azein was a VC) did as well. Soi Fong and Kurotsuchi Mayuri became captians after Urahara's exile. Byakuya seems to have become a captian after Yoruichi left from the way she treated him like a child. that's 7 out of 13 captains not includeing Azien and Kenpachi both of whom are to difacult to date when they became captians.
Where is this information from? Specifically the bit about Tousen and Komamura.
Old 2007-02-21, 16:27   Link #15
cellardoor
Untitled 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I don't know why but I think that Tessa, Jinta and Ururu are mod souls, at least I feel like that
Old 2007-02-21, 17:09   Link #16
Kweck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it's not really important, who all those captains were compared to the question what happened to them.
Were they promoted? (To what?)
Were they killed? (Who is powerful enough to do it?)
Did they retire? (Why?)
Did they die of old age?

I'd really like to know this...
Ye that is also 1 reason i made this thread.

I mean 1 of the reasons i like Bleach so much is cause its so much mysterious about it.

and i really enjoy discussing how powerful the characters are and what they can do, very facsinating.

I guess we find out this in a while anyway.
Old 2007-02-21, 19:52   Link #17
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweck View Post
I couldnt find a thread on this so i was wondering.. If we will ever know whom was the past captains?

Like Aizens captain etc when he was VC of 5th, or theprevious captain of 11th that Kenpachi killed etc.

Discuss.
If it is revealed, It will be in some kind of databook like the one that had the Soul Society Hierarchy in it.

it probably won't be part of the manga story.
Old 2007-02-21, 20:12   Link #18
whatasob
MY HAND

doubt most of the previous captains will be too important

even though its canon, the sealed sword frenzy ova showed that even captains were just meh

however, i had a crackpot theory that writhed of cleverness -- that the person tousen liked was captain 11 ... that is, until bounto filler kinda made it unlikely. still kinda suspicious, y'know, how previous capt 11 wasn't revealed, despite the fact that ichinose was bent on revenge for zaraki.

what im curious about is which division isshin was in X___X

my guess is fifth, aizen's O_____O;; some plot twist that'd be eh?
Old 2007-02-21, 22:11   Link #19
maiju
#1 Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatasob View Post
what im curious about is which division isshin was in X___X

my guess is fifth, aizen's O_____O;; some plot twist that'd be eh?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 00:32   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for manga: