AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 08:57   Link #241
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
BD/DVD vol. 1 and 2 will be released simultaneously on 11/7 (quite the odd marketing strategy there). They respectively include episode 1 and episodes 2/3, which seems to be suggesting that this is a 1-cour series.
Neowing (CDJapan) has a listing for 7 volumes of the BD/DVDs, ending with ep13. So it looks like you're right.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 09:02   Link #242
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
In b4 one of the writers is revealed to be Butcher Gen.
Given that the group name is GoRA (which I like to pronounce as GORE-Ahhhh ), I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:19   Link #243
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
In b4 one of the writers is revealed to be Butcher Gen.
I would seriously lol if that were the case and he'd be doing this and not psycho-pass

Still it doesn't look from the PVs that it's the kind of show he'd do,but then again maybe the PVs don't show the part where neko becomes a killing machine and starts butchering everything in sight
Old 2012-08-13, 09:43   Link #244
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's not a code name. GoRA is a group name for the 7 people involved in the creation of the show's concept. They haven't announced who those people are though.
Well it would be logical to assume the "Go" stands for Go Hands, so is there any anime/manga/VN group with the initials RA? Of course, it's possible that R and A stand for separate groups or individuals, in which case trying to guess would be insane, but since we don't have anything else to discuss until October... Okay, I'll go with Ryukishi07.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:59   Link #245
Cloudy

Here's a stupid and wild speculation list of who GoRa are

Mari Okada

Urobuchi Gen

Kazuma Kamachi

Kunihiko Ikuhara

Kuroda Yosuke

Hiroyuki Yoshino

Narita Ryogo

And I bet there might be a public dispute between Okada and Gen over the storyline, you heard it first here
Old 2012-08-13, 11:38   Link #246
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Here's a stupid and wild speculation list of who GoRa are

Mari Okada

Urobuchi Gen

Kazuma Kamachi

Kunihiko Ikuhara

Kuroda Yosuke

Hiroyuki Yoshino

Narita Ryogo

And I bet there might be a public dispute between Okada and Gen over the storyline, you heard it first here
Oh, I think they could get along...

Okada: I get to make all the guys cross-dress, and you get to brutally kill all the cute girls.

Gen: Deal!
Old 2012-08-13, 12:16   Link #247
Utsuro no Hako

Narita: The MC should be this totally meek guy who inexplicably turns out to be a bad-ass who can make every other character dance to his strings.

Okada: While wearing a dress.

Ikuhara: Seconded!

Kuroda: And his girlfriend's an alien.

Ikuhara: Who's really a bi-gendered creature in the form of a chicken.

Kamachi: And he should be surrounded by other girls who are all incredibly strong-willed and constantly bully him.

Ikuhara: And one of them should be a blue peach that gets eaten by an aardvark that symbolizes Maitreya. And the peach represents the Meiji Restoration.

Urobuchi: And the last episode should entail long philosophical discussions in an unspecified metaphorical space of ill-defined symbolic meaning.

Ikuhara: You read my mind!
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 14:27   Link #248
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I bet Anjou Haruna is one of the writers.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 05:10   Link #249
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I bet Anjou Haruna is one of the writers.
Makes sense, pays better to write for an anime than to write doujin. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 00:21   Link #250
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Well it would be logical to assume the "Go" stands for Go Hands, so is there any anime/manga/VN group with the initials RA? Of course, it's possible that R and A stand for separate groups or individuals, in which case trying to guess would be insane, but since we don't have anything else to discuss until October... Okay, I'll go with Ryukishi07.
If you listen to the net radio, one of the writer speaks that Gora come from Gora Park in Hakone, a city where the staff go for a trip together with so it doesn't have anything to do with acronym.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 04:26   Link #251
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
If you listen to the net radio, one of the writer speaks that Gora come from Gora Park in Hakone, a city where the staff go for a trip together with so it doesn't have anything to do with acronym.
So if one of the writers is talking on the radio,do you know who that writer is?
Old 2012-08-16, 04:49   Link #252
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Nope. Recognizing seiyuu is one thing, but recognizing a writer just by his voice? Impossible considering they rarely talk in the public lol. They don't reveal their name BTW, but there's definitely a woman staff in there(not sure whether she is a writer or character designer, the seiyuu comment that she must have been the one to like glasses character, considering the amount of male wearing glass and sunglass in the cast lol)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 03:00   Link #253
jaisy26

Just watched first episode exclusively on afa
The art and CG are awesome
But I hate when it said to be continued
jaisy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 03:31   Link #254
ivari

Just watched the first episode on AFA as well. It felt more like a bunch of PVs and one music video put together as in it has almost no story...

The production values is very similar with Mardock Scramble as I had expected, but there are quite few-what should I say, brave-scenes I don't find in the first MS.
ivari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:10   Link #255
Kagura89

From what Ono & Namikawa says in the video, the reason why this show is called K is because it actually a pun from Neko name.

Neko>Cat>Kitty>Koneko
Old 2012-09-03, 07:36   Link #256
Kirarakim

Okay I am a little late, I just watched the PV, so many of my favorite seiyuu. I don't care what it's about I have to watch at least a few eps.

Turns fan girl mode off. Okay watching bc of seiyuu doesn't always work out but sometimes it has.

Edit: And is this definitely Shoujo as listed in the tag? I understand there is a bunch of bishounen but the PV with the neko girl doesn't make me think that. From the trailers I feel they are targeting more than one audience.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-09-03 at 07:54.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 08:05   Link #257
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
And is this definitely Shoujo as listed in the tag?
Shoujo/shounen are manga categories. Anime doesn't really use that sort classification. Besides this is an original anime so who knows what's their target.
Old 2012-09-03, 08:07   Link #258
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Okay I am a little late, I just watched the PV, so many of my favorite seiyuu. I don't care what it's about I have to watch at least a few eps.

Turns fan girl mode off. Okay watching bc of seiyuu doesn't always work out but sometimes it has.

Edit: And is this definitely Shoujo as listed in the tag? I understand there is a bunch of bishounen but the PV with the neko girl doesn't make me think that. From the trailers I feel they are targeting more than one audience.
I also don't know what the actual demographic is but who cares as long as its good
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 08:20   Link #259
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Shoujo/shounen are manga categories. Anime doesn't really use that sort classification. Besides this is an original anime so who knows what's their target.
I was just asking because that is how this thread is tagged. I don't care who the target audience is, I am just curious.

But it's not necessarily the case that you can't have that classification for original anime products. Shoujo/Shounen/Seinen/Josei might be manga categories but they are really target demographics. Hence you can say an original anime is targeted to a certain group. Although obviously its easier to tell if there is a manga in a particular magazine.

It's rare though in my opinion that an original anime would just be targeted at a female audience hence why I questioned the tag (and the PV's don't give me that vibe either).
Old 2012-09-03, 09:01   Link #260
Kazu-kun

Quote:
But it's not necessarily the case that you can't have that classification for original anime products. Shoujo/Shounen/Seinen/Josei might be manga categories but they are really target demographics.
But you wouldn't use those terms when talking about anime. Those terms are used in the manga world. Anime is a totally different beast.

Quote:
It's rare though in my opinion that an original anime would just be targeted at a female audience hence why I questioned the tag (and the PV's don't give me that vibe either).
This really isn't that rare. It's just that unlike manga, the target for anime series is never advertised (at least not as explicitly), so you never really know. Most people assume most shows target males, and this is true for most cases, but not all cases.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural