2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-06, 02:33   Link #61
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
If you haven't read the novels you should. She is developing her own relationship with him.
They all are. It's the standards of harem plots: each girl gets a turn.

I don't read the novel, but as an anime viewer I can say that the events up to this episode felt insanely fast. Like end of the season finale type of fast. I wouldn't say that I felt like anything was missing, exactly, but things felt very compressed, which lead to this crazy roller coaster of events. Because of that, it was a bit hard to feel much (beyond the eye candy of boobs and fights), including Issei's "death"....which they spoil that's he's okay anyway.

I've never expected a particularly deep plot from DxD, but the previous two seasons felt more composed and deliberate in how they told their stories, which gave each episode and scene more meaning and a stronger sense of purpose. I don't feel the same way with season 3, for now.
Old 2015-05-06, 08:07   Link #62
Biohazardous

Yea part of the issue is this season is 3 volumes verses the two in other seasons. Hopefully any other seasons won't compress so bad though after season 5 it could happen again.
Old 2015-05-06, 16:25   Link #63
Krudelu
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
Yea part of the issue is this season is 3 volumes verses the two in other seasons. Hopefully any other seasons won't compress so bad though after season 5 it could happen again.
I think by that time there will be more volumes already so they should be able to plan it out very well. If the upcoming seasons do well probably the following seasons after season 5 might go for 2 cour so who knows...
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 08:06   Link #64
Biohazardous

2-cour would probably be required to adapt properly and have a chance to continue to make money after 5. The arcs are getting longer. We got a long wait to see what will happen with that.
Old 2015-05-07, 08:19   Link #65
ImperialFlameGod8190

Back to this episode (we can discuss seasons 4 and 5 other places and i suggest we do). What do u guys think about the episodes so far. My numbers have me at a 5.4/10 so far what do u guys think of this season up to this point

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 09:09   Link #66
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

As a DxD fan I'm obligated to say 10/10 but in reality it's about a 7/10, although that will hopefully change with the new episodes.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 09:46   Link #67
Chichiryuushintei

7/10

Will change depending on how they handle V6 and the curse Loki put in Ise.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 10:25   Link #68
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
7/10

Will change depending on how they handle V6 and the curse Loki put in Ise.
Essentially this
Old 2015-05-08, 04:49   Link #69
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
As a DxD fan I'm obligated to say 10/10 but in reality it's about a 7/10, although that will hopefully change with the new episodes.
you are never obligated even as a fan to give a series a perfect 10 unless it deserves it.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 16:36   Link #70
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 5. Last Day of Summer Break

Right now S3 is unfolding with such good character exposition and development, and this episode deserves a high score from me because it touched upon more of Akeno's past with tender feelings, and gave a sense of reassurance from the viewers that not all Fallen Angels are bad.

Barakiel truly loved his family, and if Akeno initial was hostile towards her father later on was due, I believe, venting her anger and not accepting the full truth at that when she was young after her mother's death.

Hopefully, they can begin to mend their relationship as father and daughter.

As for the rest of the episode, Khaos Brigade are setting up their pieces for a bigger and sinister scenario to come, and I do not believe Loki's finished for good. I mean if Issei had wanted to he would have slammed Loki to oblivion with Mjolnir, but barely struck the Norse. Moreover, there's another detail that right now might not be an issue, but who knows how's going to escalate in the future, Loki placing his curse on Issei.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 23:14   Link #71
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
You know, after I've seen this episode. I have realize that the fifth one of the third season is my overall favorite episode. I like how Issei quickly notice Rias,and the others were spying on them, thus alerting Akeno to lose them. Boy, that was so funny.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote