AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 15:27   Link #21
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

@gunners2787 - Can you please make those images links or put them in a spoiler box?

@SlugZilla - After reading through the tutorials and guides on that site, it does have a lot of useful information. It's a nice site but it's sad that half the stuff they list seems to be constantly out of stock. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 17:40   Link #22
omegastar

About the models, I only had a now broken 1/144 HG Wing gundam from endless waltz. But now I'm planning on getting some PG model.... the problem is that I can never decide

And yes, I reccomend spending extra money for at least an HG rather than those low-quality models.
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 19:15   Link #23
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastar
About the models, I only had a now broken 1/144 HG Wing gundam from endless waltz. But now I'm planning on getting some PG model.... the problem is that I can never decide

And yes, I reccomend spending extra money for at least an HG rather than those low-quality models.
I think that should be HG 1/100?
Because I remembered that Endless Waltz series ONLY have HG 1/100 scale?no? Yes,spending a little more on HG is worth it~
Buy the PG wing gundam! It's marvelous! lol

I only have series of models from Gundam Wing endless Waltz and Seed.

Let's see...

Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Complete set:
HG 1/100 Wing zero custom
HG 1/100 Deathscythe
HG 1/100 Heavyarms
HG 1/100 Sandrock
HG 1/100 Nataku
HG 1/100 Tallgeese
HG 1/100 Serpent custom

Gundam Seed:
HG 1/144 from Box 1 to Box 13
HG 1/100 from Box 1 to Box 9

Should be getting more
For me,I don't get those super cheap but lousy scale like those normal 1/144 scale....they are sucky....
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 19:23   Link #24
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
And also, do you know when SEED D's models will come out?
Atleast in Japan, the HG Destiny models have started rolling out. I think it's Force Impulse and the Zaku Warrior that are out right now.

Also does anyone know if Gold Frame Amatu will become a model. I saw a pic of one on another site and it looks really well done, either that or it's a MSiA.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 22:03   Link #25
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Atleast in Japan, the HG Destiny models have started rolling out. I think it's Force Impulse and the Zaku Warrior that are out right now.

Also does anyone know if Gold Frame Amatu will become a model. I saw a pic of one on another site and it looks really well done, either that or it's a MSiA.
Yes, I saw one. It should be HG 1/144.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 22:05   Link #26
infested_ysy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787
holy shit! I don't understand sometimes.... I'm just trying to minimize my cost for collecting Models and I got called "cheap" ... what the hell.....

If i'm not mistaken... the HG and non-HG models don't have much difference except for their knees and elbows that can be moved.. so what the hell with that...

If i'm wrong, can you guys please tell me what is the difference(s) between HG and non HG.. and if the difference(s) is massive, then please tell me... crap!
People called people cheap because people buy cheap things... to hell with that :fingers:
Real men prefers MG models. Along with some white primers, a good airbrush, some Gundam marker and loadsa arcylic/enamel paint to play with.

You want to minimise your cost in collecting Gundam models? Good. I have the perfect solution for you. Go buy those "BENDI" bootlegs from china. I bet you'll save LOADS of money on those. An average HG 1/144 clone from BENDI would cost 1/3, or 1/2, if you're lucky, as compared to their original BANDAI counterpart.

Seriously, if you aren't going to paint your models, do Gundam fans a favor by buying other models that comes assembled and nicely painted. Things like... the HCM PRO figures, or the MSiA(s), or Gundam Fix Figuration series. But meh, since you're cheap, I doubt you'll ever want to spend some extra few bucks on quality by buying HCM PRO or GFF.

And people! DO NOT BUY HG KITS! GET MG KITS INSTEAD! XD

The HG kits seems to have a looser joint that could barely hold its weapon, especially when it's heavy (like my Heavyarms Custom, it's having problems posing with the bigass dual machinegun rifles due to its weak joint. I've resorted to coat a thin layer of plastic cement to fix that problem)

Besides, HG kits are limited to a very limited amount of posings, as compared to MG kits.

edit: As for my collections, I have:
MG 1/100 Gundam RX-79[G]
HG 1/100 Sandrock Custom, Endless Waltz
HG 1/100 HeavyArms Custom, Endless Waltz
HG 1/144 HGUC Gundam MK-ii
HG 1/144 Zaku-II (the clone from 08th MS team)
HG 1/144 GM-III (again, from 08th MS team)
HG 1/100 God Gundam
HG 1/144 Ez-Gundam
Gundam SEED A-Styling shokudan (have the Freedom and Justice. Not to bad, for a figure that small, around half the size of my MG RX-79[G])

Last edited by infested_ysy; 2004-11-05 at 22:16.
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 22:30   Link #27
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

Send a message via ICQ to gunners2787 Send a message via AIM to gunners2787 Send a message via MSN to gunners2787 Send a message via Yahoo to gunners2787
Ok! could you stop with the "Cheap" thing....? it kinda gets on my nerve... I collect non-HG models..ok... you got a problem with that? if that so... I think you have a hell lot of people in the world you need to call them CHEAP! So please.. just stop calling people cheap and get on with life...OK? and YES I do want to paint them....and about the the BENDI crap! I don't know what the hell is that and I don't think we have them here... so please also stop with the BENDI thing ok?

You talk like you need some attention here and constantlty saying the word "CHEAP" ... if you are so fond of that word.. why don't you just go and wait at the place where they sell those NON-HG models and wait for people to buy and tell them "Hey, You're CHEAP"... Don't just hang around online and calling people cheap when they owned non-HG...ok?
gunners2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 23:21   Link #28
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
Real men prefers MG models. Along with some white primers, a good airbrush, some Gundam marker and loadsa arcylic/enamel paint to play with.

You want to minimise your cost in collecting Gundam models? Good. I have the perfect solution for you. Go buy those "BENDI" bootlegs from china. I bet you'll save LOADS of money on those. An average HG 1/144 clone from BENDI would cost 1/3, or 1/2, if you're lucky, as compared to their original BANDAI counterpart.

Seriously, if you aren't going to paint your models, do Gundam fans a favor by buying other models that comes assembled and nicely painted. Things like... the HCM PRO figures, or the MSiA(s), or Gundam Fix Figuration series. But meh, since you're cheap, I doubt you'll ever want to spend some extra few bucks on quality by buying HCM PRO or GFF.

And people! DO NOT BUY HG KITS! GET MG KITS INSTEAD! XD

The HG kits seems to have a looser joint that could barely hold its weapon, especially when it's heavy (like my Heavyarms Custom, it's having problems posing with the bigass dual machinegun rifles due to its weak joint. I've resorted to coat a thin layer of plastic cement to fix that problem)

Besides, HG kits are limited to a very limited amount of posings, as compared to MG kits.
What's wrong with non HG although non HG is worse than HG? People are free to buy whatever they want. You keep using the word "cheap". Seems like you are insulting people who had bought non HG. That means you are a rich person, correct? I think PG is much better than MG, but I don't see you have PG here. By the way, some models don't even have MG versons.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 01:12   Link #29
FRiED

Hi May I Know Where U Guys Place Ur Gundams?

Im curious after reading the forums u guys post but i thought of buying some for collection but i don't know where u guys usually place it can u guys give me some ideas ??
FRiED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 01:40   Link #30
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Glass Cases.. like display cases but not the HUGE ones. about a coffee table size
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 01:55   Link #31
Silver_Scorcher

I couldn't agree more. There is not a damned thing wrong with the HG models. The SEED HG models were well done, and the best HG Gundam line out there IMO. Most of the models from that line had great poseability and were well detailed without paint (1/144 HG Aegis IMO is the best example of this) While they are pretty detailed on there own, I do paint them as well. Not everybody can afford MG and PG models. The store I go to in Toronto sells MG and PG models starting from $60-$70 Canadian and as high as $120. HG 1/144 and 1/100 models sell well because they're relatively cheaper, and are still moderately detailed. Obviously not everybody can afford these models, nor would everybody want to buy them if they had the money. I may buy a PG model one day, but I'm perfectly happy with my HG models.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 02:19   Link #32
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
There's nothing wrong with good HG models.

The reworked HGUC lines are incredible in the detail and articulation present despite the small scale. Comparatively, I have an older HG Zeta and HG RX-178, the white plastic in the Zeta model isn't white, more like a very slight GREEN. It doesn't even look like Zeta in several respects. So while they aren't bad, not all HG kits are of equal make.

Now, the non-grade models (400yen or so) completely lack most articulation and color, I had one of the Blitz gundam and almost nothing moved... ick.

If you can afford MG, go for it. There's few PG models, and the MG kits have excellent detail. I've got 4 MG (from Z, ZZ, and 0083) and 3 PG models (RX-178 Titans, Zeta, Zaku II (green)), plus a couple 1/144 HGUC kits. The old HG kits were turned into paint testbeds, while I did a complete repaint of my HGUC Gaplant (from titans colors to AEUG colors found in the Z Gundam game.)

As for painting, rainbowten.co.jp ships Gunze Sangyo Acrylic Lacquers and water-based Acrylics (safer) almost anywhere. I use a Badger airbrush and a $75 dollar air compressor (2 gallon tank, all told airbrush + compressor came to $150.) Once you get a handle on properly thinning the paints and working with them, the results can be quite nice... I'm close, so very close.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 02:48   Link #33
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I would kill for a RX-93 and Denoborius Orchis Model I can find em online but not in any store

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 03:01   Link #34
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I also have a Perfect Grade 1/60 scale MS09R Rick Dom under construction right now. Perfect Grade models are nice but they take forever to assemble (they average ~650 individual parts) and wire (the Rick Dom has 21 lights that need to be wired), to make building it even harder - all the instructions are only in Japanese and there are no translations available. While I have other Gundam models, they're mostly those super cheap 1/144 scale ones. >.>
1/60 Rick Dom is "Hyper Hybrid Model" not "Perfect Grade." My Char's MS-09RS (limited edition) collapsed and I leaped to save it from hitting the floor during recent earthquake. It weighs 9xx grams, imagine if it were to hit the floor 1 meter below. This model took me 3 weeks to complete, no stickers, no painting.

I still have 6 MGs (3 crystal clear version and 1 coating version) and 1 HG that still see no light of assembling. My recent assembling of 1/400 and 1/144 Meteor Units costed me too much time to spend on simple hand painting of missile pods and engine parts.

Generally I prefer prepaint soft figures because I have no time for construction and painting. I have been colleting 4,000+ figures (2,500+ for Gundam related) so far.
Old 2004-11-06, 03:39   Link #35
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
i put one gashapon on the dash of my car
=D
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 04:03   Link #36
infested_ysy

There's nothing wrong with being cheap. Since when did I state that it's "wrong" to be cheap? Really. What I've posted previously were based on my own preference. To me, I'd prefer quality over quantity... or pricing, for that matter.

And nah, PG are not for me, 1/60 series are just too big, and I'm gradually running out of space right now to place my proliferating collection of plastics figurines from Japan and China

$70 Canadian for a MG model? That's worse than the pricing here at my place (Malaysia). I usually get a MG model for 3/4 that price.... And to imagine that the recommended retail price for an average MG model is around 3000 yen, the equivalent of 34.0755 CAD, according to some currency converter.

So yeah, sorry for that, should you ever get insulted or irked by my previous messages.
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 04:49   Link #37
DwArD
mAnIaC

I'm jealous you guys got the money to buy so many models. I only have Wing Gundam and Wing Zero....1/144.....plus Wing Zero Custom 1/100.....Oh ya....almost forgot about my SD Epyon and 3 Freedom Gundam models. Is it 3? Lets see...1....2....3...yep. 3 of them. 1/144, 1/100 and 1/60. Now I just wanted to get my hands on the 1/60 Justice Gundam....looks like I gotta start going on a diet to save up the money. But I also have plans to get Sony PSP!

*Bangs head on keyboard*

Oh ya....before I forgot again...can someone explain to me what's the difference between Perfect Grade, High Grade and Master Grade models? Thanks.....
Old 2004-11-06, 06:29   Link #38
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Was about to start painting them but I got too busy(had a airbrush ready too).
MG:
Gundam GO4
Gundam GP01 FB
Gundam RX-78
Gundam MKII
Gundam NT-1
HG:
Couple.
SD:
Lots! Mainly the old old ones(SD and Samurai ones) and some G Generation.
Kinda dissapointing that the early G Generation SD Gundams where just re-release of the old SD gundams.
I used to love building this model kits when I was young, unfortunatly money was an issue so I collected the sd model kits that went for $10.

I also had these toys(can't exactly say model kits) where it came with a SD character and armor and you can attach the armor on and there were really really cool...I had/have Quattro(Hiyaku Shinki), Char(Zaku II), Char(Sazabi), Amuro(Nu-Gundam) and Camile(came with the grey Zeta tho). Gotta get some pics for you guys...even tho I only have Hiyaku Shinki, ZakuII and I think Sazabi around. I got them over 14 years ago in Hong Kong.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 08:53   Link #39
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I have 1 gundam model...and only 1

PG Wing Zero

that one alone took away all my gundam model money...and patience....

I have yet to finish it..i still need to paint at least 9/10 of the entire thing but i also don't want to completely build it since i don't want to look at a partially painted figure...and as said before it's lots easier to paint as you go as appossed to painting peices when they're joined together...and since i want it to look real nice i try not to work on it unless i have lots of free time and some patience...which as the days go by seems less and less likely

err....actually i lied i have a 1/144 model of Duo's (Wing Gundam) Gundam (Deathstrike wasn't it?) which is built...and somewhat painted...but he's in a box and is never coming out again
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 09:40   Link #40
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Generally I prefer prepaint soft figures because I have no time for construction and painting. I have been colleting 4,000+ figures (2,500+ for Gundam related) so far.

HOLY MOTHER OF...

Dude.

That's a lot of invested money
srb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy