AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-23, 12:17   Link #361
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Endless Knackwurst, what is your ID so I can add it in this ever-growing list of names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Probably due to the influences of Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.
BAH, I have BO2, its a very fun game, but I play that much less than I do WoT.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-11-23 at 12:28.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 12:31   Link #362
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak View Post
endless knackwurst, what is your id so i can add it in this ever-growing list of names :d
UTE_UTE_UTE

Possibly those "Keep Calm and ______" that Panzerfan made had some influence on my choice.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 12:43   Link #363
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
On that note, I'm wondering about going back through the tech tree and going Pz III/IV and the Panther ..

@Blaat - What do you mean queue? There's no wait to log in and games start almost immediately..?
I was talking about the latter, I was wondering if there was any queue to speak of, apparently not.

BTW you can get the Panther if you have the Panzer IV: VK3601H -> VK3002db -> Panther although I'm guessing this route is way more expensive than the Panzer III/IV route.
Old 2012-11-23, 12:47   Link #364
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Checking the screenshots I'm actually rather shocked to see how low the total amount of active users are on the US servers compared to the EU servers. How long are the queues on the US servers?
Mostly instantly. I have never had to wait for more than 20 seconds.
Old 2012-11-23, 13:10   Link #365
Tak

A word of caution Willi. The Tiger (vanilla or P) is a very, very expensive tank to both maintain and repair.

If your team won and you died in battle, you might end up with a deficit. If your team lost and you died in battle, you will definitely end up with a deficit. If you survived and your team won the battle, but you spent too much ammo, you could end up with a deficit. If you survived, but your team lost the battle, and you used ammo, you could end up in a deficit.

Either way, you be shelling money for this cat.

- Tak (And yes, we are still looking for ppl for an animesuki clan, come join us!!)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-23, 13:20   Link #366
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I mostly tried to fill the vacant slot that my team left. When you have a formation that 12 tanks at one side, there is something wrong.

The worst thing is when I had 7 kills, my team still lost.
The exact same thing happened to me in the T40 with my kill tally at 7 and after a brief moment of feeling proud of myself I noticed to my annoyance that I was the last player alive on my team against 3 enemy tanks (a Churchill, an SPG and something else) and needless to say I got hammered by the SPG when I tried to stop the churchill capping our flag...

Managed to level up my valentine crew and its certainly a little quicker than it was before but its gun is still pretty weak however at least it drives more like a light tank now.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:08   Link #367
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

To this day, I still hate arty on any open field. When you're driving the slow tank as Churchill, there is little thing you can do being targeted by arty.

I love the T49 for its speed. Can't wait for the M18.
Old 2012-11-23, 14:57   Link #368
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
To this day, I still hate arty on any open field. When you're driving the slow tank as Churchill, there is little thing you can do being targeted by arty.

I love the T49 for its speed. Can't wait for the M18.
Well, as someone that plays Arty along with Meds/Heavies .. you only get targeted if there's proper scouting. In some of these pickup games, a heavy can waltz right up to within 200m and no one might have seen him..

Reply hazy, due to nearby bombardment
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 15:25   Link #369
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Used to play them for a while, but I still can't bring myself to like them. It's always like that, when I managed some kind of amazing maneuver, took down several tanks and came out alive, then suddenly death comes from above.

That aside, we started off this match with 1-8, and I thought we're done for already. Hastily returned back from the East side with only thought "I am driving to my resting place, might as well take anything with me as I could". The enemy all charged toward my base, which only made me dishearted more, and then a voice came from the M7 that I couldn't see him any where on my radar "I'M AT THEIR BASE! SHOOT ANYTHING MOVING ON THE BASE! SHOOT THEM! SHOOT THEM!" brings my flame back. Together with a Sherman, we took down 7 tanks, and keep the capturing gauge under 20. I can't believe I survived and won that match, but I did. Too bad that the Sherman couldn't make it, but I won't ever forget how he threw himself to block the last shot from the enemy Churchill I when my health reached under 40, that helped me fire my last shot which decided the match .

That's right. Never give up hope, because you may find your true comrade in the hell.
Old 2012-11-23, 15:38   Link #370
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Never give up, never surrender. Never let pessimistic thoughts affect you. Only then will you find the road to success. Let the flames of gaming show you how awesome you can be.
Is something I learned after playing games ever since 6 years old. You'll never know who will be online and playing, so never give up and you'll find another person like the Sherman driver. Very nice how he risked himself for the sake of the team. He definitely did what's best despite the odds. Kudos to him being able to tag along you to bring the team victory.

Edit: Not very good with that type of talking

Second Edit: I'll come around the Animesuki clan when I can. I'll have to talk with my own clan to see if they'll set me off as backup.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-11-23 at 22:03.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 22:19   Link #371
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Second Edit: I'll come around the Animesuki clan when I can. I'll have to talk with my own clan to see if they'll set me off as backup.
You play on the US server? Mind sharing your ID for list updates?

- Tak

Old 2012-11-23, 22:34   Link #372
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm interested in this game. Are you willing to accept a total noob into your schwerpunkt?

And say, where do I start anyway? With the pre-first game learning and all.

/is downloading the client
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 23:10   Link #373
Tak

Got an online ID irenicus?

- Tak

Old 2012-11-23, 23:12   Link #374
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Still installing (holy omg 4GB). Will get back to you soon.

Edit: IrenicusAS, reporting for duty.
Old 2012-11-23, 23:16   Link #375
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
And say, where do I start anyway? With the pre-first game learning and all.
Basically three main types of vehicles. Self-propelled guns, Tank Destroyers and tanks.

I'd say pick a line of vehicles you like the most and stick with it. Leveling in this game is not easy, but if you are focused, you will reach your goals.

- Tak

Old 2012-11-23, 23:57   Link #376
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Still installing (holy omg 4GB). Will get back to you soon.

Edit: IrenicusAS, reporting for duty.
Did you download the EU client by any chance? I can't find you in the player search.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 00:01   Link #377
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm pretty sure I installed the North American client. Although, I just turned on the game, so try searching again maybe?

Edit: Server "W.o.T." if it's any relevant.

Edit2: Found you, Ascaloth.
Old 2012-11-24, 00:03   Link #378
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You play on the US server?
Yep, I'll need to create a new account though. Since I forgot my old account back in 2011. I was surprised my old clan still counted me as backup even though I've been missing for a year now.

Posted in the group forum by the way Tak.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-11-24 at 00:32.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:48   Link #379
Tak

And I posted your name as well as Irenicus' in the ever growing list of tankers!!

- Tak

Old 2012-11-25, 01:53   Link #380
Gravitas Free Zone

After doing a fair amount of reading and some tutorial watching, I played a few games tonight. Managed to move up from the LOLtractor to the Pz.Kpfw. 35(t).

I think the most valuable lesson I learned from my fellow Tier 1 players is that if you shoot at your opponent, he shoots back, and much larger percentages of your health than his are coming off... you might want to move away and come up with a new plan instead of continuing to poke at the other guy.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks