Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 06:37   Link #3461
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Too much Shaman King?

I guess he will use the small sword as an arrow and the huge sword (especially the hole inside) as a bow to shoot Quincy arrows.
that's what I imagined....

a short blade and a longer one....

well, it will be more awesome if he can used it as dual blade and a bow as well.. multifunction zanpakutou
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 07:04   Link #3462
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So now we have dual-wielding? A short blade/dagger and one massive sword? Sure...sure why not? Makes about as much sense as anything else in this manga. At least it looks new so a newer shikai, or more importantly, bankai would we much appreciated. Preferably making his Hollow form version 2.0 from the fight with Ulquiorra. Then you have a dual-wielding-shinigami-hollow-quincy-fullbringer. I think we also ought to add, related to Elvis to make that list more complete.
Old 2013-06-19, 07:06   Link #3463
PaulieXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Too much Shaman King?

I guess he will use the small sword as an arrow and the huge sword (especially the hole inside) as a bow to shoot Quincy arrows.

My guess is the small blade fits into that 'hole' in the big one when he goes bankai, turining the two sword into one somehow.. we will see
PaulieXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 07:59   Link #3464
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i think the disconnect is because ichigo was so strong with just a fraction of his power. i mean how powerful does he need to be? he was already on a higher level than butterflaizen. it just seems like too much
I don't think it's too much really. He was on another level with his powers combined...*Captain Planet theme starts playing* Now it's just his Quincy powers (I think...), so naturally it'll be enough to take on Bach

On another note...don't care for how his dual blades look =\
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:23   Link #3465
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieXP View Post
My guess is the small blade fits into that 'hole' in the big one when he goes bankai, turining the two sword into one somehow.. we will see
same thing i was thinking. i do wonder how he will be carry those around now.
Old 2013-06-19, 08:56   Link #3466
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

So much for Shunsui and Ukitake being the only ones with dual wielding zanpakuto.

I tried not to pay too much heed to the blade designs, but considering how badass it looked last chapter I was expecting better. The small one looks like an oversized kitchen knife. The big one looks decent at best.

Gonna be interesting to see how he'll use them at least, and to see what his new bankai is like.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:57   Link #3467
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
First thing I'm worried about, Ichigo spent 500+ chapters using a single blade, now he has to dual wield with no experience?
He went from zweihander (sealed) to cleaver (shikai), then to straight sword (bankai), then longsword (FB). What other natural development but to dual wield? Well, he could have gotten a rapier, hmm...but seriously, two hiltless swords that probably won't be used in a kodachi/wakizashi manner, gotta wonder what Kubo is thinking; it makes fusion all the more likely.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 09:43   Link #3468
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally, dual wielding! I've been waiting for this ever since the Ichigo vs Shirosaki battle. I hope Ichigo will get new abilities and won't spam getsuga tenshou as usual.
Old 2013-06-19, 09:47   Link #3469
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Finally, dual wielding! I've been waiting for this ever since the Ichigo vs Shirosaki battle. I hope Ichigo will get new abilities and won't spam getsuga tenshou as usual.
In before he spams it even harder, as his power is now seemingly bottomless and he can literally spin his arms and fire one off from each blade while the other is swinging for the next shot.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:04   Link #3470
blackwhite67
Banned

I thought this day would never come. I always believed that Ichigo would be the only protagonist to not dual wield even with the whole black and white color scheme, but I was wrong. Not that I'm disappointed or anything.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:07   Link #3471
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
First thing I'm worried about, Ichigo spent 500+ chapters using a single blade, now he has to dual wield with no experience?
Though that hardly matters, he'll just power through grunt units.
when has he ever had enough experience to do anything? also, looks like the same name zangetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
So much for Shunsui and Ukitake being the only ones with dual wielding zanpakuto.
didn't you know? ichigo gets everything. one of his swords will have soifons double strike power and the other will summon a giant samurai to mimic his movements. then when those fail, one will turn into a giant poisonous bug and one will extend and contract. then when those fail, one will... etc...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:08   Link #3472
saravis

So does Ichigo not have a zanpaktou spirit or is Hichigo his spirit or his Hichigo and Bach his spirit or what? I'm kind of confused at that end.
Old 2013-06-19, 11:37   Link #3473
GDB

"White" (Hichigo) is the spirit.
Old 2013-06-19, 11:50   Link #3474
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They're all spirits inside him; old man Zangetsu was his quincy side, resembling Bach because he is the Quincy AllFather while Hichigo was Ichigo's hollow side, looking like Ichigo because that's the actual nature of his spirit. Which makes one wonder, what about Ichigo's shinigami powers? :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 12:03   Link #3475
GDB

That's what the question was, and the answer is "White" (Hichigo). He represents both the Hollow and Shinigami.
Old 2013-06-19, 12:26   Link #3476
ChampDream
Alive

so I'm guessing Ichigo need to train to control his own power, also we still need to see the rest of the royal guard
Old 2013-06-19, 12:59   Link #3477
Phantom

I was hoping that we would not have another dual-wielding black clothed protagonist after certain someone...

*cough*Kirito*cough*
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 13:15   Link #3478
shadow1296

i sort of suspected he would eventually dual wield i just though he would be dual wielding his bankai with his hollows bankai
Old 2013-06-19, 14:39   Link #3479
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I don't know what to think at this point: I guess him having two swords would work.....

but then I get pissed off again when I realize that this totally takes away from Kyoraku and Ukitake with their duo blades. Jesus Christ......Kubo is seriously determined to make Ichigo as Over Powered as fucking possible....which means everyone else is probably going to wind up falling or Kubo Dead.

I guess we're getting Round Two soon? Seems kind of soon. Or Bach is going to kill off the RG, which is fine with me, because other than Spider Lady and Hot Tub Guy, they all fucking suck.

And Kubo can start with A Pimp Called Slickback and his harem.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:51   Link #3480
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jung View Post
I was hoping that we would not have another dual-wielding black clothed protagonist after certain someone...

*cough*Kirito*cough*
Oh God what if Bleach ends like that series?!
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter