AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 23.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 14.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-18, 02:17   Link #41
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Haborym arrives....now the REAL battle begins.

Margery looks far better with her hair down and without glasses....almost like Pheles...

Please give Sabrac's story the attention it deserves JC Staff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Could she be Index from another universe?
If she were Index, John's Pen Mode would have ended this long ago with a single Eli Eli lama sabachthani
Old 2011-12-18, 02:28   Link #42
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by panpanpanpanmelonpan View Post
Am I stupid if I didn't see KeisakuxMargery coming apart from in the last few episodes? XD D'awww. They're cute together though. :3
!
Technically speaking they've been forshadowing it since episode 5.

Episode 5 - Marchosias notes that she'd only wake if she felt Satou's hot lips.

Episode 6 - Rebecca notes that it's bad taste for Satou to show up with her

Quote:
Margery looks far better with her hair down and without glasses....almost like Pheles...
She's not wearing lipstick so she looks more natural actually

Quote:
You could say that in a clear match unhindered by external factors, between Sophie and Decarabia, Decarabia is much tougher to beat. However, based on the three aforementioned reasons, defeating Decarabia in that circumstance is not difficult.
Some of the denizens while being powerful seem to be more focused in either a leadership role or in a combat role. Several of the Crimson denizens with Deca and Haryboum seem to be top notch generals including that soldier looking guy who can build castles. Is that his only ability? To just build castles?
Old 2011-12-18, 03:52   Link #43
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
@yuiichi9
No problem. Yes, you have the same understanding as me.

I know that some of you may be disappointed that Decarabia is not quite a formidable opponent to Flame Hazes, as you all have hoped. Please consider all the following reasons, before you make an appropriate criticism:

1. Decarabia is forced to cast many unrestricted spells on EACH tomogara on the battlefield, to neutralize Flame Hazes' attack on them. Sophie and others conclude that it is unfavourable to do so, as it may has consumed a substantial portion of Decarabia's power of existence.

2. At that moment, Decarabia utilizes almost all of his remaining power of existence, attention and concentration to mount an attack on charging troop led by Samuel. On that time, Decarabia may have assumed that Sophie would still be in mobile base of Flame Hazes. Unknown to him, Sophie hides herself and catch Decarabia by surprise, with an unexpected signature drop-kick on him. You could say that this surprise attack is somewhat similar to the one made by Rebecca on Purson. Lucky attack it is, but all that matters is that it works.

3. Added to that, it is revealed that Sophie has utilized way too much of her power in kicking Decarabia. I presume that she do not want to take any chance of Decarabia surviving the kick.

You could say that in a clear match unhindered by external factors, between Sophie and Decarabia, Decarabia is much tougher to beat. However, based on the three aforementioned reasons, defeating Decarabia in that circumstance is not difficult.
________
Flame Hazes should learn from Bal Masque on how to quickly transport a large number of their members. Using planes seems to be much slower than the spell by Stolas.

The following information is from Shakugan no SHANA Wikia. Credits to those who maintain it.
Spoiler for Stolas's transportation skill:

Now that the Flame Hazes are at a huge disadvantage. Both Sophie and Samuel have utilized their sizeable portion of their power of existence, thus may not have much more to spare. I am wondering how they will keep up the attack on Seireiden. After Operation Calm and the current Operation Crossing, they may have to execute Operation Ebb. What would Operation Ebb be?
can you tell me what is habyrom skill? i will be glad for a answer
Old 2011-12-18, 04:27   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely a nice episode overall. Was surprised they really took things all the way with Satou and Margery. Not to say it wasn't nice since they both deserved that moment before returning to the battlefield. Just surprising to have a couple characters here get together and go that far .

But yeah, Nun Kick! Knew she had to be pretty strong from all the attention paid to her, but she really got the job done there. Perfect timing for a clean shot. Can understand why Decarabia was taken down like that. He put everything on the line and really exhausted himself for that short period to just buy enough time.
Old 2011-12-18, 04:53   Link #45
Chris38

Good episode, but the next one is probably going to be a better one, since like someone else commented the REAL battle starts now...

Although, I'm sad that Decarabia had been killed, since he has been a pretty interesting character, but at least his sacrifice has given Bal Masque enough time for their reinforcements to arrive at the battle...

Still, I wonder what Yuji and Shana are going to talk about in the next episode, since judging from the preview Yuji is a little surprised after hearing, what Shana has said...
Old 2011-12-18, 05:11   Link #46
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
can you tell me what is habyrom skill? i will be glad for a answer
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-18, 07:25   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well sure there's a war going on with Thunder Nun fighting a Giant Moray Eel- But that all can wait because KEISAKU GOT LAID! With arguably the hottest woman in the series (even without makeup)! And not with one of those pansy fade to black moments- ITS WITH REAL CLOTHES! ON REAL FLOORS!

There's no misunderstanding that one...!
Old 2011-12-18, 07:38   Link #48
Senshigeia

10/10, the second in this season for me!

The build up was absolutely fantastic!! And Keisaku x Margery.... <3 <3 <3 I actually think the words they said to eachother were really beautyful. I'm only bugged by this: the second season was like another series to me, I mean, Keisaku had feeling for Margery, and she wasn't indiferent to him, obviously, but for the whole story to develop like this... I don't mind it, now the story is fantastic.

Can't wait for the first big battle of this season!!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2011-12-18, 07:54   Link #49
Kristen
*Author

I found the Keisaku x Margery thing a little long and drawn out, and out of nowhere. If they wanted to go on that route, I wish they had shown increasing relations between them through the seasons. But otherwise it was just Margery being annoyed with Keisaku, and him sucking up to fight with her.

Though it did come with the benefit of a Kazumi appearance, if only for a short while. ^^

I do hope Decarabia's voice actor gets big roles in the future, since I thought he did a great job here.

8/10
Old 2011-12-18, 08:32   Link #50
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post

I do hope Decarabia's voice actor gets big roles in the future, since I thought he did a great job here.
Definitely....
Old 2011-12-18, 09:38   Link #51
abc0716

Bleh @ Satou x Margery's 'fast-food romance'. (Never mentioned on previous seasons, IIRC)

Lol @ the thunder kick (Kamen Rider's Rider Kick?).

Giving it 6/10 on the score...
Old 2011-12-18, 16:20   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, it's been pretty clear for a long time now that Satou has strong feelings for Margery. Margery herself was also aware of it for a long time, but didn't want to reciprocate due to Flame Haze/human divisions. So the foundation for their relationship going this way was firmly set over two full previous seasons.

It makes sense that with the massive trauma that Margery has endured recently that she changed her mind a bit on Satou, particularly since focusing on Satou's love for her helped get her through that ordeal.

So I'm fine with their romance developing pretty quickly. Was it a bit early to take it "all the way"? Maybe, but then they are a supporting cast pairing, and so the narrative likely could only devote so much time to them given the major plot movements underway and coming for the rest of the season. In other words, they probably had to get this romance completely consummated now while there was a plot opening for it, and I was pretty happy with how it was handled. The timing for it couldn't have been better, as it helped to showcase some of the more important 'normal human' characters in this anime, bringing back into focus a welcomed human dimension. It's also the perfect time to bring Margery back into action, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she brings to the big war going on.

Speaking of the big war, it was really great to watch in this episode. The bit before the OP came on really did an astoundingly awesome job of setting just the right mood for what was to come. KugRie did a nice job in delivering Shana's lines very clearly and loudly there, and the whole bit really pumped me up. Shana is one of the precious few anime shows that can get me fired up like great pro wrestling events used to. This episode is no exception here.

The back-and-forth in the struggle between the Flame Hazes and the Tomogara was superbly executed, and it's just so much simple fun to watch. It's incredibly exciting and thrillingly unpredictable, yet still makes sense. Personally, I'm glad that important named characters are actually dying at a fairly consistent pace in this war, because that's what realistically should happen in a war (Fate/Zero could learn a thing or two from Shana III ). I will admit that the way Fecor went out a couple episodes ago was pretty lame, but Decarabia's death scene was marvelous, a great and fitting way for an important secondary antagonist to go out, while at the same time giving us a taste of what Sophie is capable of.

My only criticism for this episode is that there were a couple moments of QUALITY animation that stood out to me, but it wasn't anything too severe overall.

9/10 for Episode 11. I'm hoping that Shana can put up a better fight against Aizen!Yuji in Round 2. If so, the next few episodes should be excellent as well.
Old 2011-12-18, 16:57   Link #53
com_gwp

Sigh, they killed off what was arguably the most interesting new villain we got in season 3 that quickly? That a downright damn disappointment because every other villain in the show has about as much personality as a rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well sure there's a war going on with Thunder Nun fighting a Giant Moray Eel- But that all can wait because KEISAKU GOT LAID! With arguably the hottest woman in the series (even without makeup)! And not with one of those pansy fade to black moments- ITS WITH REAL CLOTHES! ON REAL FLOORS!

There's no misunderstanding that one...!
I admit, I myself also can't remember the last time an anime character actually scored.
And Margery was so OOC in that scene. (But, admittingly, damn cute)
Old 2011-12-18, 17:11   Link #54
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Bleh @ Satou x Margery's 'fast-food romance'. (Never mentioned on previous seasons, IIRC)
Guys, if you can't even remember that, then I can't help you. Satou x Margery was flagged right from season 1, and it was strongly thematized in season 2, where her initial amused looking-down perspective on Keisaku gradually softened and turned into a form of care, though clearly not eye-level. Now, in season 3 it was out in open daylight before this ep.

"Fast-food romance", my god.
Old 2011-12-18, 19:16   Link #55
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post

Lol @ the thunder kick (Kamen Rider's Rider Kick?).

Giving it 6/10 on the score...
You must've missed the part where Margery even brought home dinner for Satou.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:29   Link #56
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Wow, Keisaku's a man now. I mean, yea they kissed, but I figured it'd be a kiss and then go and fight. Instead... well yea.

When they showed the morning after with Keisaku waking up in bed and Margery getting dressed, this immediately came to mind:

[mod edit: removed reaction video]

Good job Keisaku! Not only do you have the hottest girlfriend in the series, you also boned her before anyone else even kissed their girlfriends, regardless of how powerful they are...
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-19 at 17:02.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:54   Link #57
Excorsism

Kinda jelly of Keisaku. Yuji will be following suit at some point, though who knows how long. lol
Old 2011-12-19, 00:55   Link #58
phufool

AAAAHHHHHHH such an epic episode! Is anyone else rooting for Bal Masque to win besides me? I like Shana and all, but I definitely like what Yuji is trying to do

I hope Sabrac puts up an awesome fight next episode.

Keisaku is a lucky man
Old 2011-12-19, 09:31   Link #59
zero7090

So much tears

[mod edit: removed reaction image]

OMG when was the last time there is some progress in romance in the horde of typical harem anime

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-19 at 17:02.
Old 2011-12-19, 09:57   Link #60
klare

good to see both sides using strategies and sacrifices to counter eah other, but still so far no flame haze with names have died yet

and yeah good job Keisaku, i guess he practiced that speech on his way back