AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-30, 23:22   Link #21
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I read some talk that there is going to be a sequel to Another. Does anyone know if that's true? If so, does anyone know what it's going to be based on? Now that we know most details of the phenomenon, I'd think that it would be fairly weak if they just set a new cast of characters into the cursed class and basically repeated Another. There's a potential for them to advance it further (say, by digging deeper into the phenomenon, or if some of the school's other ghost stories turned out to be true), but are there any valid news release of a sequel?
The author is planning a spin-off and a sequel to his novel.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nchise-another
Old 2012-04-01, 16:46   Link #22
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The author is planning a spin-off and a sequel to his novel.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nchise-another
think it'll get an adaption?
Old 2012-04-02, 01:08   Link #23
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
think it'll get an adaption?
Hard to say. It would be nice, but by the time they might get around to doing it, most people may have forgotten about this show already (though whether or not that's a bad thing is up to debate).
Old 2012-04-02, 10:48   Link #24
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Hard to say. It would be nice, but by the time they might get around to doing it, most people may have forgotten about this show already (though whether or not that's a bad thing is up to debate).
Well they could do a full on reboot but thats a discussion for another time...pun not attended by the way.
Old 2012-04-02, 22:39   Link #25
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedTuna View Post
When Izumi Akazawa, who was in charge of countermeasures, died
She mentioned: about 1 1/2 years ago, she met Sakakibara at the river bank
And S' father also asked him how he felt being in the area 1 1/2 years later
but S obviously does not remember anything
.....Why is that?
And what's with the bird repeating "Rei-ko, why? why?"
You already sort of mentioned the spoilers, but I'll respond in spoiler tags anyway:
Spoiler for Explanations involving the end of the series:

Quote:
And the fact that Misaki's artificial eye could see the dead kidda ruins the anime > <
then she could have said something....?
Just my thought though...
She said that the reason why she didn't tell anyone is because they wouldn't believe her. Thus, there was no point. I think that's a perfectly reasonable explanation. I mean, if someone who is in social agony comes up to you and says "hey, I have this eye that can see the dead," would you believe them? Aside from that, there's another reason why there would have been no point in stating who the "other" was:
Spoiler for Dealing with how to end the phenomenon:

Mei also remarked that she wasn't 100% positive about interpreting what she saw with her fake eye. It was partly for that reason that she asked Kouichi to show her his mother's class photo. She wanted to verify that the unique color that she saw was something that only she could see.
Old 2012-04-02, 23:16   Link #26
CannedTuna

whaa
that's cleeeear explanation
cleared my doubts
sorry, I had removed my original post as i did not use the spoiler tag
but thank you very much for the reply ^^

I probably missed some parts
as I was always multi-tasking while I watch'd anime...
totally missed the reason for Misaki remaining silent
but I should have thought of it even though I missed that part xD
yea, who would believe she could see the dead

So she verified the color after seeing Sakakibara's mom's photo then...
:/
poor her...
well at least it's good she met Sakakibara
she can have her normal life back (well, not normal. but she would not be treated as someone who does not exist anymore)
Sad to see Reiko getting sent back at the end though, even though it was the right thing to do (and having so many students sacrifice before the truth popped out)
being separated is cruel...

This anime reminded me of "Higurashi When They Cry"
*thumbs up* ^^
Old 2012-04-02, 23:22   Link #27
CannedTuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Spoiler:

oh btw, Sakakibara lived with Reiko and her parents, didn't he?
Could they see her?
Did I miss something again xD
Old 2012-04-03, 00:10   Link #28
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The series thought me that sometimes "its better to tell than to keep things to yourself, once it started, there is no turning back." It clears your conscience, "at least, I did my part'.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:11   Link #29
CannedTuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The series thought me that sometimes "its better to tell than to keep things to yourself, once it started, there is no turning back." It clears your conscience, "at least, I did my part'.
Yea, but I guess since there are so many people involved and saying out loud might hurt other people since there was no proof to begin with.
Spoiler:

So, yea you would not regret after telling the truth; hence, finished your part. But, you will end up getting yourself into trouble and nothing would get solved > <
Old 2012-04-03, 19:13   Link #30
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedTuna View Post
oh btw, Sakakibara lived with Reiko and her parents, didn't he?
Did I miss something again xD
You've sort of asked the question with a spoiler again (which I've removed from the quote).. so here's the explanation in spoiler tags:
Spoiler for Requires knowing who the "other" is:
Old 2012-04-25, 16:40   Link #31
D2
Go Big Red!

Spoiler for Hypothetical question:
Old 2012-04-25, 18:48   Link #32
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Spoiler for Hypothetical question:
Yes, because that's what always happens. With only two exceptions,
Spoiler for later episodes:
Old 2012-05-05, 05:49   Link #33
Morisato

Wait a minute... how far does this memory manipulation go? Did Kouichi's father get his memory manipulated as well? It'd be weird if he knew his sister-in-law died while his son and in-laws don't. But in that case, how did the father remember going back to the town 1.5 years ago?

And in that case, what about friends of his father or his father's relatives? Surely some of them knew he went back to town to attend a funeral. Would their memories get wiped as well?

Seems like a massive oversight.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:52   Link #34
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Wait a minute... how far does this memory manipulation go? Did Kouichi's father get his memory manipulated as well? It'd be weird if he knew his sister-in-law died while his son and in-laws don't. But in that case, how did the father remember going back to the town 1.5 years ago?

And in that case, what about friends of his father or his father's relatives? Surely some of them knew he went back to town to attend a funeral. Would their memories get wiped as well?

Seems like a massive oversight.
You're forgetting that the phenomenon has a geographical limit and how it protects that limit. Yes, Kouichi's father remembered that his sister-in-law was dead. He remembered because he was outside of the phenomenon's geographical reach. Every time he said something during his phone calls that might indicate what he knew, the phenomenon interfered with the cell phone connection. To put it another way, the father remembered the truth and occasionally mentioned it, but Kouichi never heard what daddy said because the cell phone connection went bad due to the phenomenon's interference.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-05-05, 10:01   Link #35
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
You're forgetting that the phenomenon has a geographical limit and how it protects that limit. Yes, Kouichi's father remembered that his sister-in-law was dead. He remembered because he was outside of the phenomenon's geographical reach. Every time he said something during his phone calls that might indicate what he knew, the phenomenon interfered with the cell phone connection. To put it another way, the father remembered the truth and occasionally mentioned it, but Kouichi never heard what daddy said because the cell phone connection went bad due to the phenomenon's interference.
Well there was that one time when his father mentioned Kouichi having been in Yomiyama a year and a half ago, to which Kouichi went "WTF" and then his father went, "no wait, I was mistaken". Could be an indication that the memory alteration is "contagious" when communicating with someone outside of the boundary.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:19   Link #36
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I figure this is the best place to ask, even if the sub forum is somewhat dead.

Spoiler for Q:
Old 2012-05-22, 17:27   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2012-07-26, 11:30   Link #38
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
I hope someone answers this.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-26, 12:40   Link #39
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
I hope someone answers this.

Spoiler:
Each source tells a different story. The overall plot and the general outcome are the same, but most details are different in some form or way. In your case, Wiki probably refers to the original novel, which came first.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:56   Link #40
Iareconfus

This might sound like I didn't even properly watch the Anime and I'm a douche or it's maybe because it's 6 AM and I haven't slept but I've rewatched Another carefully and I still have those questions:
1.Was it Sakakibara that killed Reiko 1 year and a half ago?Him and the killer are very alike.
2.Does that have to do anything with the fact that he doesn't remember Izumi and their hand shook?If yes ,what do they have in common? If not,why can't he remember Izumi?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a