AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-08, 07:32   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good morning Bleach fans. Strangely enough there is no episode title for 274 in AniDB. So going by the preview, we should be able to see a conclusion to the Halibel fight. Then what? The feisty babe Soi Fon's take on the old man who lost his harem is next? If I were that dude, I'll be really pissed off at Soi Fon. And once that fight is over, I've absolutely no idea what to expect next. Boy has this show lost so much of its luster!

Anyway, enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2010-06-08, 07:37   Link #2
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

wee! fun time!

Spoiler for flashback:
Old 2010-06-08, 08:28   Link #3
kitten320

^EEEHHH?! 0_0
Does it mean that she relly will die then?! I mean take a look at all other espada, the moment they went into flashback mode, they died... Grimmjow was probably the only exception and I'm still not sure about it...
And I was hoping for a miracle T_T

Wonder if it was Kubo who did the flashback story and why he didn't include it in manga...

By the way... it is Tuesday right? I think I have found a subed episode 0_o

EDIT: Alright saw the episode, here are my thoughts.
Spoiler for space:

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-06-08 at 16:15. Reason: No future manga hints here!
Old 2010-06-08, 08:47   Link #4
medigo

its a short flashback tho
like 5 seconds for 1 scene
Old 2010-06-08, 09:10   Link #5
kitten320

Well considering that Kubo gave none at all, it is something.

Actually anime team had handled this fight 10 times better! There was no drastic power change like in manga, Halibel was particulary always in control [censored]

And Hitsugaya also isn't all clean without bruises as well as isn't suddnly all confident.

Anime team really had gave it all to redem Halible from trash pile that Kubo made her in manga. Just for that I'm ready to give this episode high mark. Even though I still hate the outcome.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-06-08 at 16:16. Reason: No future manga hints here!
Old 2010-06-08, 09:25   Link #6
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

@ Kitten...parts of your post hints at indirect spoilers...
Old 2010-06-08, 09:28   Link #7
kitten320

Where? I was trying to strictly comment only on episode.

If it's fine, you can PM me the parts I'm spoiling and I'll delete them. Though right now I have basicly posted everything that I've got from episode as well as death part... so I'm kinda lost on what I have spoiled...
Old 2010-06-08, 11:23   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Actually anime team had handled this fight 10 times better! There was no drastic power change like in manga, Halibel was particulary always in control [censored]
[censored] I'm glad the anime team decided to flesh out Harribel a little.

Too bad the fight itself was just as uninteresting as in the manga. I'll never understand why Harribel kept using water attacks, instead of just attacking with cero or her breasts, which would be far more effective against Hitsugaya. But that's not the anime's fault, they actually did a good job with this fight. Harribel just doesn't seem as beautiful as in the manga to me though.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-06-08 at 16:18. Reason: No future manga hints here!
Old 2010-06-08, 12:12   Link #9
Joyce
Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
[censored] I'm glad the anime team decided to flesh out Harribel a little.

Too bad the fight itself was just as uninteresting as in the manga. I'll never understand why Harribel kept using water attacks, instead of just attacking with cero or her breasts, which would be far more effective against Hitsugaya. But that's not the anime's fault, they actually did a good job with this fight. Harribel just doesn't seem as beautiful as in the manga to me though.
LOL! I guess Hitsugaya is kinda immune to boobs... (points at Matsumoto)

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-06-08 at 16:18.
Old 2010-06-08, 12:26   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
LOL! I guess Hitsugaya is kinda immune to boobs... (points at Matsumoto)
I don't know, he almost died of asphyxia a few times. That lucky little bastard.
Old 2010-06-08, 12:43   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
[censored]I'm glad the anime team decided to flesh out Harribel a little.

Maybe she wanted to make the victory more painful by using an element that Hitsugaya normally uses? Or just maybe she always fights with those water attacks and wouldn't plan on changing it no matter who her opponent was. Still with that kind of power it seems insane on her part to think about fighting Yamamoto, he'd just evaporate her water instantly.

Overall I liked the fight. Hallibel controlled the fight pretty well pushing for that final moment. The fight just kept on being pushed toward the group being healed and left for only one option. No chance that Hitsugaya would go and sacrifice Hinamori, Matsumoto, and the others just to avoid that attack. He also got a few good moves in there though they still couldn't really damage her. Obviously after the Ichigo fight this one wouldn't be the most interesting for some, but I enjoyed watching. Plus the visuals for the fight were good.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-06-08 at 16:20.
Old 2010-06-08, 13:22   Link #12
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Still with that kind of power it seems insane on her part to think about fighting Yamamoto, he'd just evaporate her water instantly.
or maybe she felt she could put the fire out.
Old 2010-06-08, 14:47   Link #13
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Still with that kind of power it seems insane on her part to think about fighting Yamamoto, he'd just evaporate her water instantly.
I don't pay attention to assumed power levels anymore, I mean other than the given fact that the old man has been the strongest shinigami (otherwise he wouldn't be the Capt Commander - he also said so himself but I can't recall in what ep) Capts and Espada's power levels are all over the place, take the following in consideration:
* Ichigo vs Gimmy was a long, superfast and powerful battle and he was what? 6?
* Kenny vs Noitra ... Kenny almost ended up dead had it not been for the teachings of Master Rochi... and Noitra was 5!
* Ichigo got Killed by Espada Cuatro as we all know, not once but twice! .. and yeah Strawberry-Kun was using his bankai + Hollow mask so we could argue that his power level was beyond a normal Capt's bankai.
And yet... here we have a young captain going head to head with an Espada which is "supposed" to be stronger than Ulquiorra (resurreccion 1) and they are apparently evenly matched LOL (OK ok!, Halibel may be a lil stronger but you would have expected her to be overwhelmingly stronger... not just "a lil stronger").

So yeah, when it comes to Bleach and power levels I just go with KT's flow ... IMO KT could have switched Grimmy to 3 and put Halibel as #6 and things would have been more acceptable.... well at least we would be watching a faster paced and even more powerful battle than what we are seeing right now.

KT's lack of consistency is amusing.....
Old 2010-06-08, 14:55   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

if Halibel's opponent wasn't Hitsugaya...it would of been much better, then again, re-writing most of the HM Arc would be awesome
Old 2010-06-08, 15:08   Link #15
kamyu

well they fixed her top so it is more correctly positioned, lol.

arrancar encyclopedia was great
Old 2010-06-08, 15:21   Link #16
kitten320

It just tells how poor Kuo's writing skills are. I completly have no complaints for episode, only for the way Kubo handles it.

He actually made Halibel contradict herself. Just take a look at fraccion fights. What did she tell them? Not to understimate the enemy, and what is she doing now? The exact oppiste of her teachings.

I don't like any espada fight outcome, because really... espada were stomping and then all of a sudden some mystice new power appears and destroys the espada. Hitsugaya should have been turned into pancake long time ago considering that Halibel is 3 but Hitsugaya one of the weakest captains out there.

[censored]

Kubo plays on fanservice and nothing more, if Halibel was fighting somepne else, she would do them far more damage. After all how can you ruin shorties "pretty face"? In manga he had NO bruises at ALL!

So yeh, praises to animators who managed to turn this horrible/crappy and the worst fight on my list into something more decent. They manged to make Kubo's horrible work at least somehow acceptable.

Now I wonder what they will do with Barragan and Soi Fon... looks like next week I might get the part I was waiting for. Hope no censorship will be done.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-06-08 at 16:25. Reason: No future manga hints here!
Old 2010-06-08, 15:25   Link #17
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ Agreed.

At this point I just watch bleach for the LuLz and occasional boob sightings... no matter how misplaced the nipples may be lol
Old 2010-06-08, 15:33   Link #18
kitten320

^Yeh, something similar here as well.

Though there is a very high chance that I might drop Bleach all together after whole Barragan's fight.

By the way... were are Hitsugaya's bankai limiters? 0_o
I'm sure that he had them in manga...
Old 2010-06-08, 16:00   Link #19
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

he left them on his other pair of ice dragon wings
Old 2010-06-08, 16:18   Link #20
kamyu

to be fair, his timer petals were barely visible in most of his panels so they probably forgot.
if anyone cares, he is at 6/12 petals in the manga panel corresponding to the end of this episode.