AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 38 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 33.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 12.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-16, 03:24   Link #61
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
Fast gg is fast....
...oh and George could have known that Shannon was dead, but he just was in denial, I guess.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:38   Link #62
tcaz2

9/10.

Much, much better than the last couple. The only thing I could even consider a complaint is

Spoiler for Scene in the episode:

Can't quite give it a 10, because it didn't super draw me into everything, but it was much more what I was expecting out of the anime and if they can keep this up I'll be more than happy.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:51   Link #63
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Spoiler for FOR BAD animation . Kanon-kun is wingless now :O:
Old 2009-07-16, 05:12   Link #64
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
Spoiler for FOR BAD animation . Kanon-kun is wingless now :O:
Spoiler for Genji is a ghost as well.:
Old 2009-07-16, 05:19   Link #65
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Spoiler for Genji is a ghost as well.:

LMAO I don't know should I laugh or just cry about it? XD
Old 2009-07-16, 06:28   Link #66
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I wonder if this director has heard of the word subtlety, this concept seems to be totally missing from the series. Huge magic circles, ridiculously contorted angry faces, even more ridiculous faces during the reaction shot close-ups, Eva's voice being either over the top mocking or over the top angry all the time, Maria behaving literally as a spawn of Satan for the benefit of the viewers who somehow still haven't managed to pick up she is, let's say, weird, etc. I just fail to take the anime seriously, to be honest, it looks kind of farcical to me and this is al because of the execution, not the plot itself which is awesome.

As for the events in the episode, strictly speaking they were selected pretty well but the Natsuhi-Eva argument seemed like a kindergarden squabble which was broken by cool wise mentor Battler and not like an argument about a matter of life and death, so it lost a lot of its impact, IMO.

Old 2009-07-16, 06:37   Link #67
Alaya
Counter Force

The size of magic circle is fine, because it should be large enough that someone would be able to see it from far away. And well, I don't think we do need much subtlety, do we :P.

But yeah, the anime lack the relationship between characters, which is pretty sad.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-16, 06:39   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay then.

The Bad

1. Jeebus lots of animation inconsistencies. I was going to point them out but everyone else has, like being able to see through Genji and Kanon missing his Eagle Wing Crest. DEEN sure has bad QA control.... OR DO THEY? dundundun

2. Maria's facial expressions were really exaggerated to the point that while she was explaining the first magic circle it was a bit amusing. This kinda sucks because Yui Horie had her eccentricities and almost complete lack of empathy down completely pat, and we didn't need to see her crazy face just to see that point. They didn't need to animate it that way, hearing speak the way she did would have been perfect by itself.

The Good

1. I'm probably heaping too much praise for Yui Horie, but her voicing a completely eerie and unempathetic Maria was downright completely sinister. Too bad her facial expressions were ridiculous at points.

2. The pacing was almost right, save maybe for their decision to show the nest murders all of a sudden near the end.

3. Kinda sure them starting to argue amongs themselves regarding the incidents was a lot more intense than this, but it was a very good way to present the start of paranoia.

4. The deaths that were showcased here were perfectly gruesome, especially Shannon and Eva. As for Eva and Hideyoshi it sorts of begs the question: was this the way Ryukishi would have designed the stakes used for the murders or were they by the studio. Something tells me objects like these would have been handled by the creator himself.

Anyway, I'ma give this a 9 for finally getting into the meat of things and getting the pacing into order.

----------------

The anime has now made it fairly known that the servants know more than they show about this series of bizarre events on the island, which will no doubt fuel a new batch of speculations regarding this.
Old 2009-07-16, 08:13   Link #69
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Just wondering, what time frame was the point where you are able to see through Genji ? I didn't catch that one.
Old 2009-07-16, 08:18   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

20:47 - 20:48, when Genji is taking his key. Because it was a split of second, it was more noticeable, since it "flashed".
Old 2009-07-16, 08:25   Link #71
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Ah, now I see it. Just a little portion of uncolored spot in his collar.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:05   Link #72
Alaya
Counter Force

My thought for this episode:

Spoiler for Little review:

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:08   Link #73
typhonsentra

Oh man, Maria watches Higurashi!?
Old 2009-07-16, 09:17   Link #74
Kazane

Is every episode of this anime other than 1-1 going to scare me one way or another? Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Well, as of now, I've given up siding with Battler's views. Everything seems to point to fantasy and the supernatural. I mean, how can a human or two actually carry out all of those murders so quickly and efficiently?

So... yeah. I am now siding with Maria. Fantasy is the culprit.

I don't care if I've lost the game or anything the moment I suspect the supernatural. Since, well, I can't think of anything else.

Anyway, 8/10 for this episode. It definitely was less rushed than the previous episodes. The only things I dislike are what has already been said by others, such as Maria's faces.

Old 2009-07-16, 09:18   Link #75
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Oh man, Maria watches Higurashi!?
It's not like you can say: "Ryukishi wouldn't do that", so it's all right.

Old 2009-07-16, 09:23   Link #76
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's not like you can say: "Ryukishi wouldn't do that", so it's all right.
Oh I'm not complaining. It was really funny.
Old 2009-07-16, 09:35   Link #77
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

As non-novel reader, ep 1-3 seems quite good. For sure there are unpleasing moments (e.g. the gun) but i didn't bother about those facts until some1 pointed out. I means if they make it looks like Natsuhi enter with a gun and plan to shot every1 inside then it could be interesting, but it's nothing major (compare to the actual plot).

I guess "Nighteyes" is a BGM? surely i want to hear how it sounds like, (cause every1 seems unpleased without it).

Maria looks so freaky that it's scary. If i was in that mansion, i probably would wake up in the middle of the night, afraiding Maria would come and chop my head off.

I suspected Maria was the one who "write" the tips after finished ep 1-2, but based on ep 1-3, It seems she really did

PS: So we had "K1 groups", we had "Oyashiro-sama". Now what is the "Himazawa Syndrom" in this case....
Old 2009-07-16, 09:40   Link #78
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Alright, just finished EP3
I was on my way to Baidu (Also known as 'Chinese 4Chan') Umineko Board to post my thoughts, and then I saw this...
...I fukken lawled so hard that I actually fell down my chairs...

...So Here's to the tragic lovers...or not
I'm sorry George
I'm sorry Shannon
if you are a GeorgeXShannon person, do not click the spoiler below...
(Of course, George would never say any of these in the spoiler, all're just for fun...for the lulz...)

Spoiler for George: '...Dad, is there a ring anywhere on Shannon's fingers?':

I hope you guys enjoy it =_=|||
Old 2009-07-16, 09:41   Link #79
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Nighteyes BGM is more of a personal preference. I personally wouldn't want it to be used in the anime because it sounds overpowering. So maybe remix it a bit and use it in future episodes?
Old 2009-07-16, 10:04   Link #80
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

@Nadeor

That would be an awesome post if it didn't have like 2 dozen spoilers in it.
Closed Thread