AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-04, 10:44   Link #141
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh Lord this show is awesome.....no wait that doesn't quite sound right, it should be Oh Lord this show is F***ING AWESOME!!!

Love the art style, tis indeed beautiful!

Love the service, tis indeed beautiful!

Love the action, tis indeed beautiful!

Love the cast, tis indeed a beautiful one!

Love the show, tis indeed F***ING AWESOME!!!

Waiting for my eye patch donning lass, moar Mugi-c...oh wait thats wrong once again, it's Sen-hime-sama, Pirate lass and moar boobies!

Oh and I get the feeling I will love Hanzou but really only when it comes to when she is thinking about or with Sen-hime-sama
Old 2010-09-04, 10:49   Link #142
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Very nice first episode, can't wait for October airing! Couldn't help but notice there's gonna be some uncensored loli

You guys sure are fast with those gifs, it takes me years to do 1
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 10:51   Link #143
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I enjoyed the first episode. The art style was pretty nice and the male lead seems like a pretty solid guy. He actually has fighting skills to speak of and can step up when it counts.

Also enjoyed Yukimura's character. Pretty entertaining character and is pretty honorable in her own right. Plus is a cute loli which doesn't hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Freebies=>
Will gladly use this one. This should be a fun series to watch.
Old 2010-09-04, 11:02   Link #144
Dop
Mmmm....

Hmm. I actually quite liked the art style, and with all the ink splotches flying around meant the inkblot censorship fit in with the style. Makes a change from steam, anyhow.

The opening sequence was a bit odd though. "What IS this?", I thought, "Strike Witches vs B29 Superfortresses?"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:05   Link #145
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

LoL what a messed up anime <-- my first impression after first few mins of watching. This is like mix fruit cake blended with all type of fruits in it. Tastes weird but totally not bad at all.

Also. brilliant and natural way to censor stuffs...

Continue watching again~

Ps - I thought still another month before fall season starts yet this show starts airing already.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:06   Link #146
dark998

Really good visual style, CVs, music and flow in general. Story-wise seems ok.

And ending with a cliffhanger in the pre-airing episode is killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Talking about all those ink stains, I noticed that in the beginning independant of the weapon used we were always getting ink slashes, whether firearms, hammers or anything else was used, despite not being a cutting weapon

Actually when Naoe Kanetsugu (hammer girl) attacked, a "smash" effect was used instead of the normal slash.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:18   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Count me as another one who loves the art style. The ink bolts were a bit annoying at times though. Still not expecting much from the story, but the gorgeous eye candy is enough to keep me watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Having a foot+stocking scene is a good way to make me a regular watcher for this series <333. Such an erotic scene, and i hope there's more between this pair.

Couldn't take little Yukimura seriously when compared to the one we have in a show that's airing at the moment. People who are watching the show shall know who i'm on about.
Yes, that scene was awesome. Those two new are the new Katja and Hana~ I'm sure I'm going to love them.

I couldn't help but laugh when Yukimura revealed her name , it'll make a while to get used to it. Wow, after looking at Kaoru Chujo's character/seiyuu page (very useful as always, thanks), I realized the blond girl is D'Artagnan. What the hell is he/she doing here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Actually, I think it isn't serious. Maybe it's just me, but I thought there was an undercurrent of parody running through all that nationalist stuff in the intro. The humor was one of the things I liked throughout the episode.
I found the whole "GLORIOUS NIPPON" speech pretty funny. This is a series about genderbent samurais (and Musketeers, apparently), I doubt they're trying to be serious. At least, I hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
Just watched ep 1 and i have one question.
In scene before opening it's looks like Yukimura isn't loli ? is she have ability to transform or something like that
Nice catch. I guess she can transform her body like, say, Natsume Maya. In Yukimura's case though, I guess the loli form is the real one.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:07   Link #148
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Just watched the trailer and I must say the art and animation were rather entertaining to the bone. So the first episode aired already? Is it good as the trailer showed?

Pretty wicked style from what I noticed on trailer.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:00   Link #149
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

So far, 2channel has been pretty negative about this show, mainly based on the art style and the idea that it is a rip-off of other shows (Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Sekirei). But there are beginning to be some more positive posts, now that the first wave of know-it-alls has passed. One I liked from the Yuuki Aoi thread: "This may not be the most original recent show, but the good drawing, tempo, and seiyuus leave me satisfied."

And in the Hyakka Ryouran thread, the two most recent posts are quite positive: "Without the ink blots, I'd have given it 100% As it is, I'll give it 99." "I totally love the woodblock-style drawing." ("drawing" = sakuga.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-09-04 at 16:37.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:19   Link #150
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
So far, 2channel has been pretty negative about this show, mainly based on the art style and the idea that it is a rip-off of other shows (Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Sekirei). But there are beginning to be some more positive posts, now that the first wave of know-it-alls has passed. One I liked from the Yuuki Aoi thread: "This may not be the most original recent show, but the good drawing, tempo, and seiyuus leave me satisfied."

And in the Hyakka Ryouran thread, the two most recent post are quite positive: "Without the ink blots, I'd have given it 100% As it is, I'll give it 99." "I totally love the woodblock-style drawing." ("drawing" = sakuga.)
That's surprising! When Ikkitousen came out they complained it was a rip-off of Tenjou Tenge? For QB of Ikkitousen? or for Sekirei of all the above, plus AA!Megami?

Anyway, does anyone know what is the name of the song and band from the second promo video? Has it been released as a single? Is it from an album?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:26   Link #151
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Every show that comes after certain similar one can be seen as rip-off. But I tend to look how other shows do with that ''borrowed'' things much more then concerning myself if it's stolen from something or not. So far the art and animation of Hyakka Ryouran is superior to other similar ''fighting anime with ladies'' to me. Well, from what I've seen so far anyway...

In any case, I've checked the first episode and it looks good. It felt like watching cel-shaded anime game on some parts. I'm guessing the ink blots will be gone on some places in DVD version, so I see no worries for those that want to see nudity.

Oh yeah, this part was especially..... exciting for me.
Spoiler for NSFW screenshot from first episode:
Old 2010-09-04, 16:42   Link #152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Those two new are the new Katja and Hana~
I was waiting for you to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Oh yeah, this part was especially..... exciting for me.
Spoiler for NSFW screenshot from first episode:
~______~

Simply amazing.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:46   Link #153
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Yukimura is a historical figure I've come to highly respect since I was a teen, so to see him a reduced to a swimsuit-loli greatly saddens me. Other than that, this is looking very pretty
Old 2010-09-04, 17:00   Link #154
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
btw nice collection of screen shots
I think it was more fun to make the avatars and GIFs for me.
Quote:
a rip-off of other shows (Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Sekirei).
Sekirei? Does not even look like it at all and teh art style is completely different along with era. Queen's Blade? Yeah a little but once different art setting would rip if off.........30% or maybe at most 40%? Ikkitousen is more in theme wise part but still far within setting and era wise.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-09-04 at 17:17.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 17:38   Link #155
shinwa
fuuu~

fantastic 1st episode !!

anyway i dont think Hyakka Ryouran is a ripoff by any of those becoz it got its own originality either concept or art style.. but still cant fully judge em by just one episode, who knows what might happen next..

and ~ cant wait October arrive
shinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 18:07   Link #156
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
...Sekirei? Does not even look like it at all and teh art style is completely different along with era. Queen's Blade? Yeah a little but once different art setting would rip if off.........30% or maybe at most 40%? Ikkitousen is more in theme wise part but still far within setting and era wise.
I personally agree that complaints on this basis are nonsense, since just about all mainstream anime borrow heavily from each other. What they do with the material is more important than shallow similarities of plot. But I do think the similarities are real. One strong Sekirei connection is a magical fighter dropping (semi-)naked from the sky.

So far, I find the humor here in ep1 funnier than in any of the other three, and the art style is certainly a lot different from any of them. And more inventive and interesting. The strong male lead is a difference, too, is it not? And for some reason, I find it easier to follow and be interested in the story.

I wondered if I might just be biased in favor of a show with a seiyuu I like, Yuuki Aoi, but QB and Sekirei have two other favorite seiyuus of mine -- Hirano Aya and Hayami Saori.

EDIT: A new 2channel post gave me a laugh. Someone has listed 21 shows this show has ripped off:

Strawberry Panic, Ikkitousen, Negima, Sekirei, Sakura Taisen, QB, Sengoku Basara, Dai Maou, Stratos 4, Ookami (PS2 game), Qwesar, Katanagatari, Koihime Musou, Laputa, 11eyes, Blassreiter, Zero no Tsukaima, Ooedo Rocket, SD Gundam Sangokuden, Taishou Yakyuu Musume, Shaft direction.

Um, if it's like that many different shows, perhaps it's original?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-09-04 at 19:57.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:34   Link #157
digi.amuro

Its quite amusing to see how far some will go just to nitpick.
Old 2010-09-04, 21:20   Link #158
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

...when you have a hot chick falling from the sky buck naked in the first episode, I strongly suggest jettisoning any discussion pertaining to logic, originality or depth and welcome the delicious boobs with open hands.

Also I want to slap Hanzo in the face for being annoying.
Old 2010-09-04, 22:28   Link #159
Iron Maw
Banned

This didn't turn out to badly surprisingly. I agree with most people when they say that the art is definitely it's strongest point, though ink bots did start to feel overused after awhile. The writing is pretty much terrible as expected and the whole "GLORIOUS NIPPON!" bits doesn't help either, but considering the staff and production studio I never had hopes to begin with. The plot could endup being halfway decent by the end, but till then so far this just a guilty pleasure.

Quote:
Personally, I think it's a rather valid criticism especially when the only thing that stands out from this show is the art. How much this bothers a person is up to the viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
...when you have a hot chick falling from the sky buck naked in the first episode, I strongly suggest jettisoning any discussion pertaining to logic, originality or depth and welcome the delicious boobs with open hands.

Also I want to slap Hanzo in the face for being annoying.
You forgot the foreigner dual welding TWO-HANDED SWORDS CUTTING DOWN PLANES... yeah it's best just look at this as a "genderbent" version of Sengoku Basara and shut your brain-off.

Agreed on Hanzo, I don't mind ditsy villains as long as it's not overdone, but she and her squad seem more "Team Rocket" style fodder more than anything resembling a threat.

Better off sticking to being Senhime's concubine.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 22:39   Link #160
Falkor

loved the visual style/music, somewhat liked the heavy outlines, though I think the ink splashes were a tad overdone at some points---it was more intrusive/distracting to the eyes, rather than pleasing. not really sure what to think of the characters; not really sure what to make out of the story, either. but I'm somewhat curious about the females who haven't been introduced yet, so I will probably watch a few more episodes.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen