4 out of 10: Poor... 2 4.08%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.04%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-17, 11:59   Link #201
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To get ORB back under Cagalli's control.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 13:03   Link #202
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Um, he said he wants every one of the Vagan dead, in exact words, unless the sub is wrong, it is not clear.
I mean his way of thinking should be steered(by Kio?) to think Ezelcant is the problem.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 15:17   Link #203
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yeah! Kio going Kira mode!
Old 2012-07-18, 00:11   Link #204
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I get the feeling Asem knows what that big thing might be at the end of the new OP.

He did say "If we don't return the Luna base to the Federation, the Vagan will have more forces to invade Earth, and maybe bring something bigger".

Just my two cents.

Good episode, the AGE-FX is beastly. Flit should be piloting it though. >.>
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 01:35   Link #205
P-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And as such, you don't deal with either of them. Kira was far from neutral, he was attacking both sides. Asem was doing the same thing, but as far as we know he wasn't trying to interfere with ongoing battles like Kira was.
Use the DnD analogy.

Morality:
Good
Neutral
Evil

Law:
Lawful
Neutral
Chaotic

Kira was Chaotic Good. He was keen on destroying weapons and not people. He didn't however hesitate to take the offensive role and deal damage accordingly. His mentality was also way off societal norms and is keen on using the power of the gundam to accelerate the war to an end, in the end, he did bring chaos to both parties. Definitely not neutral. He also picked a side, Orb. However, Orb was arguably neutral, just like the Swiss army. Retaliation against attacks still makes you neutral, from a relative perspective. Thus, the more correct definition is that Kira is a chaotic good protagonist who sided with a somewhat neutral faction. Kira wasn't neutral, he sided with earth in the beginning. It was only when both sides surfaced as 'evil' did he change sides. I presume it did not fit his morality very well.

----

Kio is Neutral Good, he still fights alongside the earth federation forces and does not condemn his colleagues who have killed Veigans. In theory however, he is neutral because he does not seem the time who would stick to rules imposed on him, such as those of his father or even that of the federation. It is unlikely that he will support the feds use of a superweapon. He is also not chaotic and his behavior more defensive. Again, retaliation can be considered neutral. Thus, you can say Kio is a neutral good protagonist currently fighting along side the earth federation. It is possible that he might switch sides anytime, unless the opposing faction is exceedingly evil, thus the 'morality' side of him may cause him to change his mind.

---

Ezelcant is obviously Lawful Neutral. He desires some good but does not worry about some evils being done, as long as his 'code' or 'moral law' is followed. Thats probably why Kio bonded with him. Neutrals tend to understand each other, just like the circle of druids in DnD. One only needs to be neutral in a certain aspect, either morally or lawfully, to become a druid.

This model of morality and law is purely fictional but I found it to be quite useful in many occasions.

Anyway, back to gundam, I think all three are participating in ending the war and its effective. Flit's aggressiveness is essential to ensure that EF has a fighting chance. Asem's job is to keep the war small scale to keep the gundams relevant. Smaller wars are easier to end after all. Its easier for a gundam to win 10 skirmishes than a battle 10x the size. Kio's job is to prevent damage control. In fact, Kio could be the foundation of a peacekeeping organisation. A privatised army like celestial being or a super machine like Iron Man, while his dad keeps the battle small and forces spreaded so his iron man fantasies can actually come true.

The final argument is: the most successful person is Asem as he actually produced results, despite the comments here. At least he achieved his goals, he has kept his family safe. Who knows, he could have started another family on veigan territory and is keeping them safe too.

He has the most intel too, hinting at some things that he didn't share with Flit. When intel is considered a resource, he is actually a very capable commander in utilizing his limited resources.
P-Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 02:26   Link #206
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I get the feeling Asem knows what that big thing might be at the end of the new OP.

He did say "If we don't return the Luna base to the Federation, the Vagan will have more forces to invade Earth, and maybe bring something bigger".

Just my two cents.

Good episode, the AGE-FX is beastly. Flit should be piloting it though. >.>
Flit in the FX? the only thing Vagan's would have time to shout would be " It's a GU- " dead, and he wouldnt stop there, the old crazy guy would head off to Mars solo and just kill everything.

Later on, he leaves the Solar system and bam, 10000 years later, we have Turn-A
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:07   Link #207
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Flit would never get that far, someone would stop him before he could carry out the genocide.
Old 2012-07-18, 18:09   Link #208
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Definitely. Still, any battle he participates in using the AGE-FX would be a bloodbath.
Old 2012-07-19, 03:17   Link #209
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The maneuvers he uses would be similar to Kio, except instead of slicing off the heads, he'd be slicing the heads in half.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:03   Link #210
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Flit would never get that far, someone would stop him before he could carry out the genocide.
If he could've he would've had done so already yet he remained on Earth to defend it.

We see that he is still capable of piloting a MS.

On that manner though the AGE-FX seems to lack firepower on its part in comparisons to other heavy hitter units.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:59   Link #211
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
If he could've he would've had done so already yet he remained on Earth to defend it.

We see that he is still capable of piloting a MS.

On that manner though the AGE-FX seems to lack firepower on its part in comparisons to other heavy hitter units.
We've yet to see the power of the Stangle Rifle's Charge mode and Bazooka mode(the latter is said to be it's maximum output mode.)
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 11:21   Link #212
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's basic firing mode is the same as the Sigmasis Rifle shot. How is that "lacking firepower"?
Old 2012-07-19, 16:28   Link #213
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's basic firing mode is the same as the Sigmasis Rifle shot. How is that "lacking firepower"?
Note I said relatively to other heavy hitters.

The firepower maybe great but it's not the thing you'd use against a colony.

It's why the Vagans have giant missiles for colony destruction that are the size of a battleship.
Old 2012-07-19, 19:18   Link #214
kakakka

I think Gundam FX stand a chance in firepower when it comes to most units... aside from Veigan Colony Destroyer (LOL)
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 21:10   Link #215
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Note I said relatively to other heavy hitters.
Which heavy-hitters are you referring to? The only other heavy-hitter I've seen capable of beating the Strangle Rifle's basic shot is the AGE-3 Fortress, and that thing had four SigMaxiss Rifles.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:51   Link #216
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Which heavy-hitters are you referring to? The only other heavy-hitter I've seen capable of beating the Strangle Rifle's basic shot is the AGE-3 Fortress, and that thing had four SigMaxiss Rifles.
Perhaps it's because we've just seen the one rifle shoot but I don't think it matches the AGE-3 in raw firepower or the Vagan's colony buster missiles.

It's power lies in the remote bits that can literally dominate a battlefield and probably cripple ships but to destroy a colony?
Old 2012-07-20, 23:56   Link #217
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, hypothetically speaking... what exactly would prevent Flit from infiltrating the colony like Asem did and going after a power source using the AGE-FX? It's not exactly difficult, as we've seen.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:59   Link #218
monster

Why would the AGE FX even need the power to destroy a colony?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 00:06   Link #219
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The discussion on hand is how much more dangerous would it be if Flit were piloting it.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:27   Link #220
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Perhaps it's because we've just seen the one rifle shoot but I don't think it matches the AGE-3 in raw firepower or the Vagan's colony buster missiles.
The Stangle Rifle has no reason to be weaker than the SigMaxiss, even with the FX's design focus being on the C-Funnels, and we've got pretty good reason to believe it surpasses the basic AGE-3 thanks to the Charge Mode and Bazooka attachment. Granted, only one shot has been fired so far, but even if the shot was weaker than the SigMaxiss, the additional two modes for even more firepower leaves a lot of room for the FX to outpace the AGE-3 in terms of wave-motion gunning things.

Quote:
It's power lies in the remote bits that can literally dominate a battlefield and probably cripple ships but to destroy a colony?
The Colony Destroyers are basically AGE's version of a tactical nuke. I'd be pretty concerned if any MS could match that kind of firepower, and as far as we know the Vagan are pretty conservative in actually using them, even if they're on-hand.

Tags
weekly episode discussion