AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-11-17, 19:57   Link #2421
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
At least everything ended well for Alibaba x Mor
I don't really see how you can say things ended well for them. Alibaba made it clear that he doesn't care about Morgiana specifically. He just wants a girlfriend. Morgiana doesn't have romantic feelings for him. She probably just wants to learn how to be a girlfriend out of the same sense of obligation she has as his household user.

I can't say that I'm happy that we saw Aladdin again. I want a break from him. A long, LONG break. Like last chapter of the series and hey, it's Aladdin, he's still around being useless.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:03   Link #2422
Toma.Kamijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Morgiana doesn't have romantic feelings for him. .
Shinobu Ohtaka said Morgiana have romantic feelings for Alibaba but don't understand them. It's obvious in the chapter 200.
Toma.Kamijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:16   Link #2423
Diveman

can't blame the poor girl, having living almost her whole life as a slave didn't give her much time to think or understand what love is
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:20   Link #2424
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma.Kamijo View Post
Shinobu Ohtaka said Morgiana have romantic feelings for Alibaba but don't understand them. It's obvious in the chapter 200.
Did Ohtaka specifically say that. Interpretations are different from words out of the author's mouth after all, though recent developments do make me question how she actually feels. And feelings can also change.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:32   Link #2425
Toma.Kamijo

Yes it was a interview for the chapter 200. With all the hints, these feelings seems clear to me. She reminds me Kujou of Last Game.
Toma.Kamijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:40   Link #2426
Kazu-kun

Morgiana asking for a little time is a pretty good idea. More than anything, it allows Alibaba to sort out his feelings. For her part, Morgiana seems to be pretty sure about her feelings. She needs time just to get used to the idea of being able to with the man she loves.
Old 2013-11-17, 22:14   Link #2427
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The highlight of the chapter really came from Morgiana. Just nice to see her verbally expressing where she is right now. Certainly not an easy thing to move past the old mindset and consider things that she never would have thought as being possible. Certainly a lot more reasonable than some might be in her position. Expressing how she feels, but realizing she needs time.

Certainly good to get that time since she's not the only one who needs it. Might be nice if with this development in mind Alibaba can mature a bit and realize what kind of serious step this would be. Especially serious because a casual relationship with Morgiana just isn't possible.
Old 2013-11-17, 23:26   Link #2428
Sixth
Hu Tao

About those "pirate" kids, are they going to swallow everything about Alibaba's cons and make it sounds like a good trait? Because they do in this chapter.

They were like Alibaba biggest fan boys and it is kinda creepy.

But still, it is funny.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 00:01   Link #2429
Raviel

^I don't think what Alibaba has been showing is a con, if anything, what those pirate kids are saying about him is true. He is quite an honest person, especially when compared to some other characters in the series.

Still, nearly a month of weekly Alibaba trolling has been the funniest the series has been in a while.....................and ALL the hilarity was at the expense of Alibaba
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 00:05   Link #2430
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
^I don't think what Alibaba has been showing is a con, if anything, what those pirate kids are saying about him is true. He is quite an honest person, especially when compared to some other characters in the series.

Still, nearly a month of weekly Alibaba trolling has been the funniest the series has been in a while.....................and ALL the hilarity was at the expense of Alibaba
Oh my bad...I don't mean "con" (like lying, acting, farce) ...more like something pros and cons; Alibaba's weakness, awkwardness, humiliation and etc.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 01:03   Link #2431
Gradlein
The Lazy Scholar

Send a message via Yahoo to Gradlein
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Oh my bad...I don't mean "con" (like lying, acting, farce) ...more like something pros and cons; Alibaba's weakness, awkwardness, humiliation and etc.
Yep. Raviel understood that. What he meant was that it's not really a negative trait since it was just him being honest about his feelings.
Gradlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 02:33   Link #2432
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Well if we look at it from the POV that Mor was friendzoned by Ali then this was definitely progress.
Old 2013-11-18, 09:00   Link #2433
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can understand the view that it was a bit much to have all these people taking this weak moment from Alibaba as some big positive . Saw some pretty impressive immaturity displayed and yet managed to spin it entirely into the positive. Though can appreciate them feeling it's good that Alibaba is so honest about his feelings good and bad.

Although maybe they just feel if he doesn't come through as a King they can always just overthrow him without much trouble .
Old 2013-11-18, 09:22   Link #2434
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can understand the view that it was a bit much to have all these people taking this weak moment from Alibaba as some big positive .
Well, Alibaba himself thinks they're just making fun of him, so it's supposed to be a rather nonsensical scene.
Old 2013-11-18, 10:48   Link #2435
CBredbeard
Banned

I really wonder if Alibaba x Mor will ever actually be good.
Old 2013-11-18, 11:25   Link #2436
Kazu-kun

Probably at the end.
Old 2013-11-18, 11:50   Link #2437
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Probably at the end.
I said good, not resolved. Like we'd actually get panel time of them being a couple doing things together and not having it be all weird and silly. Honestly, I thought that we'd spend the entire arc building up to a confession and Alibaba finally seeing Morgiana for the woman that she is.

As hilarious as these last few chapters have been for it to just go no where and then heading right back to Aladdin for the rest of the arc...

It's awful. I don't get a 4 months break from Aladdin. I don't get to see Alibaba and Morgiana actually develop as individuals or as a couple in a relationship. I was feeling kind of optimistic because I was actually enjoying the manga again, but now I kind of wonder if the author has simply decided that Alibaba is comic relief, Morgiana is a moeblob, and Aladdin is the only one that is actually involved with anything important and relevant.

I want to see what's going on in Balbaad. I want to see the Kou characters and how they interact with Alibaba and company. I don't want to see Aladdin reading books and Sinbad and Yunan having a lover's quarrel. Suddenly, I'm afraid that we're going to have another time-skip, it'll be the summit, and we'll have no idea what transpired in Balbaad.

I feel like I've been duped by the author into believing that okay, maybe she had a really boring, drawn out arc, but now it's a fresh start and that she's actually going to pay attention to the other main characters instead of Aladdin.
Old 2013-11-19, 10:48   Link #2438
Raviel

^We've only seen Aladdin again for half a chapter, I think it would be too hasty to say it's going to be about Aladdin for the rest of the arc.

With all the recent events I think it would be stupid to suddenly shift the focus to Aladdin again after how much the return to Balbadd has been built up. If anything, I think this arc is going to alternate between Aladdin and Alibaba/Mor, with each group learning more about the powers that be in the world (i.e. Sinbad, Kouen, etc).

Now if only we knew what Hakuryuu and Judal have been up to........

P.S. Alibaba probably has the best and worst household in the whole series, sure they all love him and would follow him wherever he goes..............it just so happens that he inadvertently becomes the butt monkey of the group
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 17:54   Link #2439
MAX_COLA_POWER!

When Alibaba realized he was mistaken, all I heard was Jontron yelling when he talked-v-;;.
Old 2013-11-20, 00:32   Link #2440
akire_and_atem

I'm guessing Mor remembered Hakuryuu because of the way Alibaba was whining... at least that's the way I saw it

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen