AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-28, 20:54   Link #361
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Makes me wonder how can you learn Jap. with VNs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i was thinking the same thing
Reading is one good way of improving your proficiency in language. In fact, that's how I improved my Japanese. I got used in reading kanji after playing a lot of VNs. They're easier than novels because you can use a text hooker to look up the kanjis you haven't learned yet as well as copy the whole sentence it was used at for reference.

I used to copy unfamiliar kanjis/idioms and the sentence they're used at, include their definition then copy it to a notepad or something, make a printout copy of it, and study it when I have free time outside.

Edit:
About the latest episode, since Riko didn't break Kinji's watch, I figure that Riko had snuck into Kinji's house instead and changed all the clock's time by 5 minutes late? It makes sense since Kinji changed his wristwatch's time back 5 minutes and the next day when he reached the bus stop, it's already 07:58, while his watch displays 07:53.

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-04-28 at 22:13.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 22:35   Link #362
larethian

though VN is mostly dialogue and monologue, it's easier than LN, which have sentence structures in expositions and narrations that will not appear in speech patterns. but on the other hand, that makes it easier to start with VN. and there're pictures
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 22:41   Link #363
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
though VN is mostly dialogue and monologue, it's easier than LN, which have sentence structures in expositions and narrations that will not appear in speech patterns. but on the other hand, that makes it easier to start with VN. and there're pictures
And of course voices! Both normal and nsfw... xD
Old 2011-04-28, 23:51   Link #364
Xacual

What other gun does Kinji use if he becomes the third Quadra? His blades are his butterfly knife and the scramasax. What other gun besides his beretta?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 23:55   Link #365
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
What other gun does Kinji use if he becomes the third Quadra? His blades are his butterfly knife and the scramasax. What other gun besides his beretta?
The Desert Eagle.
Old 2011-04-29, 00:03   Link #366
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
The Desert Eagle.
Oh nice. Too bad that's not for another volume and a half judging by chapter titles.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 00:22   Link #367
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
The Desert Eagle.
and just liek his 92F, that thing has mad HAX. kinji can go quadra only in HS mode right?

for some reason, imagining him with a seax feels... off.
I'm better off with him using a balisong since its hinted that its made out of that metal,

will that Connect klutz be in our gigolo's harem?
Old 2011-04-29, 02:17   Link #368
tsunade666

the third quadra shows up in vol 7 which ended up the vol of Reki. I usually use desert eagle in gun games because it always involve in one hit in close quarter and even in mid to long range it hurts when it hits and mostly a kill. But I think it only had 7 shouts just like his big bro had only 6 shots on peacemaker. btw how many shots does his baretta had?

Seax and balisong really doesn't fit. Because one is dagger size and the other is a medium size sword. Like a dual wielding assassin.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:27   Link #369
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Er...Nera, what's ワンテンポ?
On that note...., the sniper spotting exercise....鷹の目

AKA

ライドハード

WTF is that? Ride Hard?....Makes even less sense than the usual Butei terms...

Quote:
Makes me wonder how can you learn Jap. with VNs.
Errm...why not? I practise through VNs as well....some of the heavier ones like Dies Irae are essentially LNs (with ero stuff but that's about the only difference) right smack on your PC...
Old 2011-04-29, 09:45   Link #370
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Looks like Ride Hard to me XD

Haven't read further yet, so I don't really know Oo
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:51   Link #371
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the third quadra shows up in vol 7 which ended up the vol of Reki. I usually use desert eagle in gun games because it always involve in one hit in close quarter and even in mid to long range it hurts when it hits and mostly a kill. But I think it only had 7 shouts just like his big bro had only 6 shots on peacemaker. btw how many shots does his baretta had?

Seax and balisong really doesn't fit. Because one is dagger size and the other is a medium size sword. Like a dual wielding assassin.
The Colt Peacemaker (god how I love that gun) carries six .45 Colt (the ACP version doesnt fit) bullets and if you're good enough, you can actually draw so fast that the enemy cannot react to your shot.

also, the seax is an everyday household implement like our bolo here in the Phils and the Nepalese Kukri (even unto this day, I still cannot believe that every single household there has a few of these just so they can cut up firewood or to level vegetation) but due to times of attack or things related to it, THEN it turns into a deadly zomgwtfarethosevillagerscarrying moment.

the balisong was originally designed to be a self defense weapon like the stun weapons, but because of its convenient concealment, you can usually do many things with this, but trust me, you wont get very far.

btw, the balisong is also used in knife fighting (the illegal ones) here in the Philippines.

the Deagle carries up to 7 rounds at best (actually 8 when you count chamber)...

LULZ MODE ON!

Its Israel's way of saying F**K YOU to anyone wearing body armor

the 92F carries 15 rounds... if going against unarmored targets, use HP (*ehem* Hollow Point) and bring on the pain with 15 of those things.
Old 2011-04-29, 10:00   Link #372
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
The Colt Peacemaker (god how I love that gun) carries six .45 Colt (the ACP version doesnt fit) bullets and if you're good enough, you can actually draw so fast that the enemy cannot react to your shot.

also, the seax is an everyday household implement like our bolo here in the Phils and the Nepalese Kukri (even unto this day, I still cannot believe that every single household there has a few of these just so they can cut up firewood or to level vegetation) but due to times of attack or things related to it, THEN it turns into a deadly zomgwtfarethosevillagerscarrying moment.

the balisong was originally designed to be a self defense weapon like the stun weapons, but because of its convenient concealment, you can usually do many things with this, but trust me, you wont get very far.

btw, the balisong is also used in knife fighting (the illegal ones) here in the Philippines.

the Deagle carries up to 7 rounds at best (actually 8 when you count chamber)...

LULZ MODE ON!

Its Israel's way of saying F**K YOU to anyone wearing body armor

the 92F carries 15 rounds... if going against unarmored targets, use HP (*ehem* Hollow Point) and bring on the pain with 15 of those things.
Although for a normal person (IE not Kinji or Aria or Kana or Riko..) a DE is extremely clumsy....
Old 2011-04-29, 10:29   Link #373
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Although for a normal person (IE not Kinji or Aria or Kana or Riko..) a DE is extremely clumsy....
if you arent strong enough to hold against recoil, yes. its this or the .500S&W round that really CAN put the word "recoil" in a whole different meaning.

Jeanne, you are one clever girl despite the lulz you have caused....
Old 2011-04-29, 10:59   Link #374
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Hmm...

What's Fuuma's technique supposed to be...

Kanji is tremor, but the furigana says ヂブ...

Any ideas?

I'll put tremor for now.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 14:43   Link #375
endarion88

quote from B-T :

The translator has left on a pilgrimage, and will not be back for a month~

hell i'm almost collapsed reading it
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 15:38   Link #376
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
quote from B-T :

The translator has left on a pilgrimage, and will not be back for a month~

hell i'm almost collapsed reading it
Should be Seoulfighter...or Spadey. Been a long time.
Old 2011-04-29, 15:50   Link #377
endarion88

Quote:
Should be Seoulfighter...or Spadey. Been a long time.
i tought it was a joke from Hikari since is written on vol 5 ch 5
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 16:19   Link #378
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
i tought it was a joke from Hikari since is written on vol 5 ch 5
Holy! I thought that it was someting a year ago.

Mind explaining a bit, Yoake? Or is it (I hope) just a joke?
Old 2011-04-29, 18:04   Link #379
dragon1412

The translator has realized that F/HA has been left unfinished, and so has done so. As a result, the translator is going into the Type-Moon fervor so commonly induced and as such, is compiling doujinshi of Fate. The translator will not be back for a month~

now i dont understand anymoreits seem to be a joke

the link :http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...lume5_Chapter5
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 19:24   Link #380
Athena
The Power of One

Yoake-the-Great-Goddess (YGG) will be absent for one month? Haa... For the time being then...Let's pray.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen