AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 14:06   Link #321
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Another never had anything resembling serious mysteries. Hyouka made extensive reference to them, but they were mostly used as a framework for developing the cast.
Danganronpa is, forgive the phrase, piss-easy if you have any sort of familiarity with classic mysteries, but it's not so much about that as it is about the overwhelming style the game exudes, something I don't think the anime is particularly good at.
Also, massive plot twists. Several of them, in fact.

It doesn't really try to evoke strong emotion (other than rage at that damn bear) if that's what you mean.
Yeah it is, which is why I'm not sure if i should talk about the vital information for a later case they conveniently left out.
Well they might be able to repair that by leaving another scene out too, but still...
Leaving those cluees out might be an effort to make it harder tough...
I have to see which ones were missing this time to judge that.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-07-11 at 14:17.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 14:25   Link #322
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 14:27   Link #323
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The pink blood is one of the best things about the game.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 14:29   Link #324
Kirayuki

Can't say I'm impressed with how they breeze through the investigation part. It really detract the viewer from figuring out how the incident happen, and some important conversations with Kyouko is skipped too.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 14:59   Link #325
AC-Phoenix
Detective

well lets see it positive...
We won't have to bear (sorry I had to) with all the esper and bear jokes....

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-11, 15:02   Link #326
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I guess it was a good idea to play the game in a single go yesterday, considering the anime could dampen the game experience that much, although I might be as ruthless as Monokuma with the anime adaptation as result...

Episode 1 was okay, but episode 2 was rushed like crazy. While it made me chuckle they kept the interface visuals for the phases and clues, the harsh reality is that they used these as a way to bludgeon HARD the investigation as a whole.
Because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if anime only viewer would be puzzled by the clues Makoto's found thus far.

Frankly, I believe they should have set the series into 26 episodes with the structure thus far as follow:
Spoiler for Up to episode 2 content:

That would be the ideal without putting too much unecessary details whatsoever. But yeah, it is obvious they are aiming a 1 cour adaptation which is insane, as it will be squeezed like hell even with the current pacing...

Also, for those who have no idea what Makoto has found, here are more details about the clue, with anime order. I carefully wrote them to give hints within the game without any extrapolation whatsoever.
Clues related to Sayaka and Junko's deaths
Last Update: 14th July 2013

TL;DR…
Dangan Ronpa Ep2: Missing Clues (spoiler friendly)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-18 at 11:24.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 15:13   Link #327
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Klashikari, would it be Ok to talk about other stuff that has been left out in a spoiler tag too, as long as it doesn't blutly reveal the mystery solution its tied to?

(I mainly think about 3 things from the prologue here atm, that were left out in the anime; 2 regarding characters and 1 regarding the electro IDs)
You need all 3 of them later on to solve mysteries, or understand them.

Old 2013-07-11, 15:17   Link #328
hamazura
whatever

Wew episode 2 is that bad?
This is 13 episode not 26? Flipping heck what can they do in 13 episode -_-
so the rule "game>anime = sure fail" is happening again
So no hope for this series, well just hoping blazblue wont go like this (although its mpossible...)
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 15:24   Link #329
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

During a radio show, the team stated that they would be putting most of the focus on the trials. So I assume the evidence will be explained during then.
Old 2013-07-11, 15:25   Link #330
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Klashikari, would it be Ok to talk about other stuff that has been left out in a spoiler tag too, as long as it doesn't blutly reveal the mystery solution its tied to?

(I mainly think about 3 things from the prologue here atm, that were left out in the anime; 2 regarding characters and 1 regarding the electro IDs)
You need all 3 of them later on to solve mysteries, or understand them.
As long as the missing elements are properly spoiler tagged -without- any explanation that could lead people into prematury conclusion sure.
Just to be safe, I would like that only "general points" missed and case specific clue to be disclosed, nothing else.

In case you are unsure, please send me a PM so that we can discuss if the content is fine or too dangerous (after all, mentioning some point can be as effective as a spoiler altogether).

I also warn people: spoiler rules will be even more enforced due to the nature of the series. Any rambling about missing foreshadowing and the likes should be discussed in the game thread instead (depending of the activity rate I will create a game player anime thread if necessary).
Old 2013-07-11, 15:39   Link #331
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Now I'm considering not watching the anime...the way it is rushing and not showing certain things is getting to me. I'll give it another two episodes or so but my expectations aren't that high now...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 16:29   Link #332
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2013-07-11 at 16:29. Reason: just in case because no sub yet
Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 17:21   Link #333
marvelB

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I also warn people: spoiler rules will be even more enforced due to the nature of the series. Any rambling about missing foreshadowing and the likes should be discussed in the game thread instead (depending of the activity rate I will create a game player anime thread if necessary).

I think that's a good idea, actually. The source material is as twisty as they come, so it's almost inevitable that spoiler talk will pop up, as unfortunate as that may be. I'm being careful to not let anything slip myself, of course, but I wouldn't mind a thread (aside the one for the games) where I can talk about the plot a little more freely.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 18:18   Link #334
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
The moment my Sayaka dies, I quit watching this!!!
F U!!!!!!!!! I quit!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 19:59   Link #335
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

I honestly think them underplaying the evidence was a good thing. This way the class trial gets an entire episode and information about the evidence can be elaborated on during the trial. It prevents taking up two episodes of characters repeating what we already know
Also I dunno about you guys but the investigation took me like 40 minutes to complete. So I don't see what other way they could condense it into an episode while still keeping
Spoiler:
which I believe is more important then something that can be mentioned in the trial.

Last edited by Trogdor Jube; 2013-07-11 at 20:11.
Trogdor Jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 20:37   Link #336
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
I honestly think them underplaying the evidence was a good thing. This way the class trial gets an entire episode and information about the evidence can be elaborated on during the trial. It prevents taking up two episodes of characters repeating what we already know
Also I dunno about you guys but the investigation took me like 40 minutes to complete. So I don't see what other way they could condense it into an episode while still keeping
Spoiler:
which I believe is more important then something that can be mentioned in the trial.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. I'm not going to condemn this episode immediately for its blitz pace. I'll have to see it works together as a set with the class trials.

Spoiler for About Investigations and Class Trials:
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 20:52   Link #337
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Spoiler:
I never expected the investigation to be in full length. However, the point with such kind of series is to be able to have your own theory and being able to push it in parallel with the characters when it's showtime.
Being presented evidences that could be found on the crime scene as late as during the trial is simply inane in term of resolution of a mystery.

Obviously, this is an anime series, not a mystery adventure game, thus the need of having everything at hand to solve the ongoing case isn't compulsory, as the story will go on regardless if you find out whodunnit or not.
However, not only it will downplay the enjoyment for some people, it also is very jarring in term of the narrative to have clues like that, especially that it would disconnect the audience with "how the characters have found A or B stuff", leaving them completely in the dark before the trial scenes.
In fine, it means the anime only audience shouldn't even bother with the mystery at all.
Old 2013-07-11, 21:12   Link #338
Dirty_Harry

Many clues will be like Deus Ex Machina in the School Trial.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 21:53   Link #339
Shadow5YA

Does anyone have a gif of Monokuma's sexy dance in the OP?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 22:33   Link #340
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
Many clues will be like Deus Ex Machina in the School Trial.
Maybe so, but it doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. Phoenix Wright was arguably the same way, and enjoyable for the many twist and turns the new information always brought in its story. Though, I've no ideas what kind of mystery you called that, and that's if it can even be called a mystery in the first place.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote