AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 05:36   Link #1881
DestinyFate
Shana <3

I realllllllllllly reallllllllllllly hope this is true...
Old 2007-04-01, 14:53   Link #1882
AnimeFanChris
Flamehaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyFate View Post
I realllllllllllly reallllllllllllly hope this is true...
It obviously is its April 2nd in Japan you know lol.
AnimeFanChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 15:02   Link #1883
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

And just for the record, there is a thread for Shakugan no Shana II. It is currently closed after 2 straight pages of April Fool speculation and let's not have any more of that here either. It is off-topic in this thread and tomorrow the answer will be clear.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 17:04   Link #1884
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

I hope the S2 announcement is true. From the ending of season 1, there's definitely room for another season.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 18:10   Link #1885
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well there are like 16 novels. Although I am not sure how many the first season covered, I know there should be quite a bit left.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 04:08   Link #1886
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
The novels want to as I remember it at end of Vol 8, and Start of Vol. 9 for Season 1. Vol 10 is a flashback Vol. bout the War. so I guess it can start at Vol 11 or, maybe few filler eps and finishes Vol 9.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 14:59   Link #1887
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I finished this a few days ago including the OAV. Eagerly awaiting the movie from Japan... Comes out the 21st of April, right?

I loved it. I just LOVED IT. Shana is one of the coolest characters I've yet seen in an anime, and she had the ability to be insanely cute (especially when eating Melon Bread! ) I mean, Shana is... I wish a girl like her existed... Not a flame haze, no! >_< I mean, like, her personality. It's so cute. I'd definitely wanna be friends with her. Sarcasm is just one more service, ya know. ~_^

Like, I kinda wanna buy some now and eat it. ^_^

The one part I felt it could do without was... Okay, the incest kiddies. That was just.... No.

Other than that there was nothing I didn't like about this series. Though I kinda wish they would've expanded upon Ogata... The OAV wasn't enough. I thought she was really cute. ^_^

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 10:08   Link #1888
darktruth

First of all, extremely excited about the announcement of a sequel to the Shana TV series. I hope they put closure to the (supposedly developing) love triangle between Yuji, Shana and Yoshida and develop a bit more on Keisaku's character. I always felt they really underused Keisaku in the series since he doesn't really add anything major to the story. It'd be interesting to see him forming some sort of relationship with Margery Daw XD.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this Shana drama disc below.

You can tell from the picture it comes with a pendant (nice extra from the looks of it). I've been collecting a lot of the CD merchandises related to the Shana anime and so far I haven't found any information on the drama disc above. Would appreciate it if anyone can shed a little light on this.
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:16   Link #1889
piku
Wilhelmina Carmel my love

Send a message via MSN to piku
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this Shana drama disc below.

You can tell from the picture it comes with a pendant (nice extra from the looks of it). I've been collecting a lot of the CD merchandises related to the Shana anime and so far I haven't found any information on the drama disc above. Would appreciate it if anyone can shed a little light on this.
this is a drama disk of shana by dengeki bunko 2003
1 disk 1 booklet 1 poster and 1 alastor pendant as gift

actually there are 2 stories divided in to 5 parts
one is shana vs remnant of friagne called mina
(the story seems be included in comic now in dengeki daioh)
another one is chigusa vs alastor in phone

both stories are interesting and original
though the one do not have good japanese listening level may not enjoy it very much
and the cast of this disk is different from the anime cast too

this item is so rare that nearly impossible to get one now
but in my opinion i don't think it worth JPY 33,000
strongly suggest to get a copy from web unless you think that pendant is worth so
i think an ideal cost of this item should not exist JPY 10,000
Old 2007-04-05, 09:22   Link #1890
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
this item is so rare that nearly impossible to get one now
and
Quote:
i think an ideal cost of this item should not exist JPY 10,000
do not compute. Everything rare is also mad crazy expensive. It's how the second hand market of rare items work.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 18:42   Link #1891
BrokenWingz

Just saw the PV for Tenjou wo Kakeru Mono Tachi, the PV itself is okay but the song is still good. I must say though it made me look forward to the movie alot more now.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:39   Link #1892
lftwgr

I thought the music video looked weird, and were it not for the description on youtube, one couldn't tell it was the SnS movie theme. I honestly thought they'd place a few choice clips of SnS in between. Great music though.
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 18:15   Link #1893
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Vol 01 of both the manga and novel are now out.

Vol 02 for both comes out in...October. 6 months wait between volumes for the novel...ugh.
Old 2007-04-13, 18:41   Link #1894
Yashiro

I'm halfway through the series, watching it for the first time, and I love the series.

Bought the first volume of the manga today, I couldn't find the novel =(

Great stuff, I'm blowing through the series so quickly. Then, the wait for the second season begins...
Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 03:30   Link #1895
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I thought the first volume of the novel isn't out until the 17th...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 08:14   Link #1896
Yashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
I thought the first volume of the novel isn't out until the 17th...
Well, neither is the manga and that's out. Manga and novels always are out early - I don't think I've ever actually gotten a volume of manga after it's actual release date, always before.
Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 10:22   Link #1897
Kisuke06
I see...

So, someone already read the novel? How is VIZ's translation?
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 10:32   Link #1898
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Hmmm, 200 pages and 7.2 ounces... sounds 'light'. No 'peek inside' is up on Amazon yet, so there's no way of knowing how the writing is...
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 16:18   Link #1899
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I just finish watching Shana 1st season and I have to say its starting grow on me, with the way how the loli acts around Yuji not knowing what to do and always tells him to shut up! shut up! shut up!.

I sort of pity Hecate...not having any feelings or memories of her own. It really sucks to not have any of her own memories. I though at the end Yuji will do something like saving her out of her own misery. But apparently, it did not turn out that way.

I have a question regarding Wilheliem (sry if i spelt it wrong) but what does de arimasu means? she always adds that word at the end. I know it has something to do with polite-ness. like...."Were you looking for me, yes?"
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 20:42   Link #1900
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I have a question regarding Wilheliem (sry if i spelt it wrong) but what does de arimasu means? she always adds that word at the end. I know it has something to do with polite-ness. like...."Were you looking for me, yes?"
For a good explanation, you should read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copula#Japanese

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere