AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 18:40   Link #961
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well recaps are always boring, but the little side jokes they had were funny. The opening scene with her sister was just hilarious.
Old 2012-01-24, 18:58   Link #962
Setsuryuu

Recap episode... does that count as episode 16 or is it actually a 15.5? XD

Well what can I say, Kana-chan (unintentionally whatever xD) owning Taichi... "Jack of all trades, master of none" can't say I did not love that! XDDDD (But no, my hate for Taichi is over, he developed into something better in the last episodes... XP)

And Nishida tsundere sister, wtf! She got a crush on Desktomu! XD And Desktomu was all Don Juan over Kana in those idioms game, way to go man! He's such a playa!~

"Don't answer that question, it will spoil the anime!" lol

Let me admit it, I hate recap episodes but those comedy sketches in it were a really smart way of doing what is almost always terrible in a fun way.
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 19:48   Link #963
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The deadpan "Congratulations, Kanna" was pretty fantastic. I forgot how much I liked mini-Chihiya's voice.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 20:38   Link #964
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
"Don't answer that question, it will spoil the anime!" lol
They still did answer that question though. Didn't you see that Harada-sensei appeared right there.
Old 2012-01-24, 21:02   Link #965
Kirarakim

Wait a recap episode? That sucks when we only have a limited amount of episodes in the first place.

Was there anything new in this ep? If it's just recap I don't think I'll bother watching it.

edit: In other news Chihayafuru is one of Funi's options in their new survey...Please Vote for it (not that I think it has a chance to get licensed with the way sports series sell in the US but one can dream)

https://twitter.com/#!/FUNimation/st...91868576575488

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-01-24 at 21:19.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:04   Link #966
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Ugggh re-cap >.> I didn't notice anything new, so I skipped through and went to the fun parts lol.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:30   Link #967
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Was there anything new in this ep? If it's just recap I don't think I'll bother watching it.
The new parts were omake-like quickie scenes spread throughout the episode that were both comic and shed some light on the main characters' thoughts about their fellow characters. I think they should be watched for their insight and their humor. Also I found the actual recap scenes as compelling during the second viewing as they were the first time around. But you could fast forward through them if you want to save time.

I have a non-spoiler question for manga readers. Were these omake scenes in the manga or were they anime original?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-01-24 at 22:20. Reason: typo
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:41   Link #968
Undertaker

Most of them are in the manga. The author uses the extra pages in tankoban to draw bunch of short stories/4-koma mostly centers around Chihaya's or Nishida's sister. She also use it to reinforce some character personality in a breaking-4th wall type of way.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:00   Link #969
Freeter
beyond

BEST. RECAP. EVER.

Those omake scenes had me on the floor. And I never realized Kana was stacked

Poor Taichi, dude can't catch a break
Old 2012-01-24, 22:05   Link #970
Kirarakim

Well I did speed through the recap to the Omake (I guess I don't like recaps, I'd rather watch the entire episodes again). However the omake were hilarious. My favorite

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-25, 01:35   Link #971
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was nice to see Arata with a flaw at last. (Though I can't blame him...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 02:51   Link #972
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

WTF recap episode? I give this episode a 1/10....

What is up with Madhouse and recap episodes. I remember Death Note and Nana having one, and even Kaiji II. What the hell.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 02:58   Link #973
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Gah, FU Madhouse, every week Chihayafuru has proven to be a beacon of light for anime, but today was drowned by the darkness of a pointless recap.

Sadly, only the initial omakes were funny, so I'll have to hand a bad score for the first time of 3/10 >.>

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 03:04   Link #974
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Wait a recap episode? That sucks when we only have a limited amount of episodes in the first place.

Was there anything new in this ep? If it's just recap I don't think I'll bother watching it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Ugggh re-cap >.> I didn't notice anything new, so I skipped through and went to the fun parts lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
WTF recap episode? I give this episode a 1/10....

What is up with Madhouse and recap episodes. I remember Death Note and Nana having one, and even Kaiji II. What the hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Gah, FU Madhouse, every week Chihayafuru has proven to be a beacon of light for anime, but today was drowned by the darkness of a pointless recap.

Sadly, only the initial omakes were funny, so I'll have to hand a bad score for the first time of 3/10 >.>

Re-cap episodes ftw, eh?

It is kind of a pity to use a re-cap in a shorter series like this. I always kinda thought they had their place in longer series when it was easy to lose track of the story because of so much going on for so long.

But to be honest I don't have the heart to vote on it, because I feel it isn't fair, somehow....

Ah well.

Last edited by Flower; 2012-01-25 at 04:49. Reason: broken quote links -_-
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 03:31   Link #975
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's new stuff in there, and very good too - very funny manga omakes and some sly character development with the fourth wall broken. Worth watching - but yes, disappointing in that it's 80% recap.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 04:18   Link #976
Undertaker

I usually don't like recap as well. I don't mind one in mid-to-long series that has at least 3-cour worth of episodes, but for a 2-cour series it's really unnecessary.

I mean if they have to have one, they should have it around episode 12-14 during the season changes where it's more likely to pick up new viewer and not at episode 16 where it instead of kills the momentum.

On the other hand, this episode isn't bad and as I mentioned at least they add omake that are canon to the series.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-01-25 at 04:31.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 04:18   Link #977
Blaat

Honestly I'm extremely disappointed that Kana never answered who she would like to date with (Tsutomu?)
Old 2012-01-25, 05:38   Link #978
hai_san

Nice ep 16, even if it is only a recap, but there are some really funny extras!

And after hearing the music of ep 16, Chihayafuru really has the best backgroundmusic of all anime this season in my opinion!

I want OST so bad...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 08:14   Link #979
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quite disappointed that the new episode was mostly recaps, in my view, i prefer seeing the progress of their training and the relationship between the three childhood friends more. About halfway through i just skipped through the entire episode just to listen to the ED, nothing is better after a long day than a soothing song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
I want OST so bad...
The OST is actually already out.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:59   Link #980
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was very disappointed when I found out it was a recap, but the omakes scenes were so much fun I forgive them.

My favorite omake was the one about the new year's money. Chitose is such a bitch... but she's not all bad, I guess. I'm delighted Kana is so popular among the club members. I burst out laughing when even Chihaya chose her

I liked how nobody, not even Taichi, deluded themselves about Chihaya. They all see her as the "muda bijin" she is. And that's actually one of her charming point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
And I never realized Kana was stacked
IMPOSSIBURU

Tags
josei, karuta, madhouse