AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-17, 06:42   Link #3701
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
For another example, we can speculate about Touma and Saten having an hypothetical great chemestry that would overload the rest of the harem with jealousy, triggering a war between superpowered girls that would end the world.
It's not just a speculation, they together really have great chemistry.

She is the only "normal" girl that could make his life peacefull and fortunate (she has so much Luck, that it might even negate IB effect)
He is the only boy that could make Saten's life interesting (the way she wants it to be) while protecting her and everyone she cares about.
Old 2013-03-17, 07:01   Link #3702
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Was Saten said to have a lot of luck?
Old 2013-03-17, 07:14   Link #3703
desrtsku
Nympholept

Dunno, she failed with the superpower lottery already, and pretty good at finding problems ... but has a nice body.
Old 2013-03-17, 07:48   Link #3704
zaeraal

Yes she failed the superpower lottery, but aside to that has a lot of luck
- finding valuable items (Level Upper, bank cards) / places (mentioned in rumors or related to story) and getting out of danger.

EDIT: If you noticed, in her case it's mostly luck based, not skill based.
(Except her latest development, where she is slowly learning how to connect information and find what she needs to)
Old 2013-03-17, 09:47   Link #3705
II Maestro

Saten wants something interesting to always happen, While Touma always gets into interesting & troubesome event.
Old 2013-03-17, 11:25   Link #3706
desrtsku
Nympholept

well, thinking about it deeply isn't she almost exactly like Touma then? O.o, the kind of person that comes across certain things at the right/wrong time, etc ... though a version that attracts less girl, pays less visits to the hospital and undergoes less bankruptcy ... oh wait, I just realised that's she's a potential chick magnet too.

No wait, ... wait ... what if ...
Spoiler for total BS theory mode activated ... full of light novel spoiler:
Old 2013-03-17, 12:13   Link #3707
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
well, thinking about it deeply isn't she almost exactly like Touma then? O.o, the kind of person that comes across certain things at the right/wrong time, etc ... though a version that attracts less girl, pays less visits to the hospital and undergoes less bankruptcy ... oh wait, I just realised that's she's a potential chick magnet too.
But a luckier one that finds money (instead of losing it), friends (not just foes) and adventures that do not lead her to her death (there is always someone that will protect her if something goes wrong)

Quote:
What if they are actually somehow related and that's the main reason why they are to never met?
That can be possible, we do not know complete Saten / Kamijou family tree and they can easily be cousins or something like that.

Quote:
What if Aleister is the one that made their encounter impossible because he doesn't want Saten to influence his future plans like Hamazura did.
The problem is, like I mentioned in some of my older posts, that Aleister arranged this meeting.
There are just too much coincidences for this to be just a casual meeting.
Plus Hamazura isn't around yet, he is still part of his skill-out gang only causing minor problems in AC.

Quote:
Spoiler for impossible spoilers:
I think discussing past - "what could have happened if..", belongs to fanfic thread, this is more about present/future events like "what could happen if.."
Old 2013-03-17, 12:57   Link #3708
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I think discussing past - "what could have happened if..", belongs to fanfic thread, this is more about present/future events like "what could happen if.."
I know, that's the point of that part, it's all about events that couldn't have happened in the past and could have never had after all ... and don't take that one seriously (and the others too, to a certain extend) it was just some ways for me to clean my brain and see if it's possible to demonstrate Saten's fake importance in a funny way.

EDIT : ok, now that I've cleaned my brain and is able to see things in a clearer way, let's start a serious discussion. I've always wondered, that charmed Saten received, what are the chance it's actually something from the magic side? (remark from a friend of mine) O.O

Last edited by desrtsku; 2013-03-17 at 13:07.
Old 2013-03-17, 16:09   Link #3709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wasn't that charm from her brother before she came to Academy City?
Old 2013-03-17, 16:11   Link #3710
Sumeragi
Banned

No, it was from her mother.
Old 2013-03-17, 16:13   Link #3711
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, it was from her mother.
Ah I see; my Satenlogy is weaker compared to other subjects here

Didn't really pay much attention to her in class
Old 2013-03-17, 16:13   Link #3712
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Chapters up. Suit-Misaka looks so much better than PE unform Misaka.

I wonder what Gensei is planning. There's no way they just captured the villain off screen.
Speaking of which, wasn't there already a 'clone'-trick capable esper just a few chapters ago? What's the chance this Gensei's a fake?
Old 2013-03-17, 16:14   Link #3713
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah I see; my Satenlogy is weaker compared to other subjects here

Didn't really pay much attention to her in class
Go study, or I will no longer recognize you.
Old 2013-03-17, 16:16   Link #3714
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Speaking of which, wasn't there already a 'clone'-trick capable esper just a few chapters ago? What's the chance this Gensei's a fake?
What's the number before 'ABSOLUTELY' ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Go study, or I will no longer recognize you.
Eh ?! Our whole relationship is build around one middle school girl ?!
Old 2013-03-18, 05:49   Link #3715
zaeraal

Quote:
I've always wondered, that charmed Saten received, what are the chance it's actually something from the magic side? (remark from a friend of mine) O.O
Yes, this theory was around here long ago when anime aired.
But it's just a theory that's not based on any real facts, nor contradicts the story.
So it's like the Schrödinger's cat, you will not know unless Kamachi makes clear decision.

Quote:
Over 100% I would say.
Like mentioned by someone else, Gensei already set his Death Flag ("everything going according to plan").
But this would be just too fast ending for the boss.

On a side note: what are Saten chances to team up with not just Touma, but entire Delta Force (Touma, Tsuchimikado, Aogami) ?

Last edited by zaeraal; 2013-03-18 at 07:04.
Old 2013-03-18, 06:12   Link #3716
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
On a side note: what are Saten chances to team up with not just Touma, but entire Delta Force (Touma, Tsuchimikado, Aogami) ?
So not only are you going to destroy the World, you want to salt it as well?!
Old 2013-03-18, 06:47   Link #3717
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
And the rest, the fabric of reality would be shattered
Old 2013-03-18, 16:13   Link #3718
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Quote:
Meh, I doubt Saten can add anything to the Delta Force's awesomeness Fukiyose can't. 'Normal' human? Check. Baseball bat prowess? Check (Vol14 prior to Touma going to Avignon, Fukiyose played ball with Touma). Determinator? Check (Considering Fukiyose spent ages trying to 'reform' Touma, I'd say she qualify).

So, IMO, Fukiyose > Saten, we might as well just have more shenanigans of Fukiyose trying to floor the entire Delta Force singlehandedly instead of introducing Saten to the trio
Old 2013-03-19, 05:06   Link #3719
zaeraal

I am not arguing that there are better/worse pairings, I am just saying that it could be hilarious for this one to happen.

Anyway, we will know for sure in about a week.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:00   Link #3720
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Meh, I doubt Saten can add anything to the Delta Force's awesomeness Fukiyose can't. 'Normal' human? Check. Baseball bat prowess? Check (Vol14 prior to Touma going to Avignon, Fukiyose played ball with Touma). Determinator? Check (Considering Fukiyose spent ages trying to 'reform' Touma, I'd say she qualify).

So, IMO, Fukiyose > Saten, we might as well just have more shenanigans of Fukiyose trying to floor the entire Delta Force singlehandedly instead of introducing Saten to the trio
...Honestly, and maybe it's just me, but...the biggest difference between Fukiyose and Saten in conjunction with the Delta Squad is that Saten might actually go ALONG with their plans to have some fun while Fukiyose would more than likely try and shut them down before they do something completely and utterly stupid....

EDIT: ...Maybe I read it wrong and I'm just wrong, but I think I read it as you saying that Saten might try and stop them before they did something completely and utterly stupid...
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen