AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-08-30, 04:22   Link #81
LostBlue
祭囃子

yes and you can look at back at previous pages as long as it's from the same scene (for the most part)
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 04:42   Link #82
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
yes and you can look at back at previous pages as long as it's from the same scene (for the most part)
Excellent... I'd better buy it then. I realised that I can get all 8 chapters for under £50.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 08:07   Link #83
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch
Excellent... I'd better buy it then. I realised that I can get all 8 chapters for under £50.
£50? More like £30 It's worth it even if you just install it to steal the music folder, so if you can actually read them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku
Where/wht is /a/?
4chan's anime board.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 10:59   Link #84
Nork22

Hmmm... looking at DEEN's track record in adaptation, it seems to be disappointing for old fans, but they do indeed hook new fans in.

If I want a remake, I'll give it to ARMS, give them tons of money and make it a 52 episode series.

Anyway, sad to hear that Matsuribayashi-hen won't be included in the PS2 port, but would be interesting to see/read the new arcs the author created. Now if you'll excuse me... waits for one of the import stores to list it on their preorders list
Old 2006-08-30, 12:53   Link #85
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Nope, the main translator just pops onto /a/ every so often to give updates (or rather, appears and gets poked for updates by everyone in the thread). He had to get a username and tripcode in the end because people kept impersonating him trying to make 'break the support disc' posts. Should've saved that update from the other day... oh well, bound to be another one. Nothing this week at least though due to having other things to do.

As for the Minagoroshi bit, that's just based on a few comments over in the comments of ayyo's blog.
What is his username over there? (He should really upate the site for the game more often, not just at 4chan)
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 05:19   Link #86
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Hey, I`ve got a question about Daybreak... The version on official site is a demo, right? Because there are only 3 characters avilable... And I heard that there are more... OMG, I`d read on the official if I knew japanese x|
Old 2006-08-31, 08:17   Link #87
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
£50? More like £30 It's worth it even if you just install it to steal the music folder, so if you can actually read them...
Where did you buy it from? I think I worked out something like £45 (including p&p) from himeyashop...
Old 2006-08-31, 08:33   Link #88
imac2much

Yes the full version of Daybreak has more than three characters.
imac2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 08:46   Link #89
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku
What is his username over there? (He should really upate the site for the game more often, not just at 4chan)
Shadow[Aimai]. If he doesn't have a ! and a bunch of letters and numbers after his name, it's not him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
The version on official site is a demo, right? Because there are only 3 characters avilable...
Yup, the demo was just to tempt people into paying for the full version here, which has looads of characters.

Quote:
Where did you buy it from? I think I worked out something like £45 (including p&p) from himeyashop...
Paletweb. Question arc disc here and answer arc disc here. Himeya's prices are lol - 2100 Yen = $33 with only $20 shipping even though it's for a tiny little CD? Er, no.
Old 2006-08-31, 09:53   Link #90
imac2much

Spoiler for daybreak:
imac2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 11:20   Link #91
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Paletweb. Question arc disc here and answer arc disc here. Himeya's prices are lol - 2100 Yen = $33 with only $20 shipping even though it's for a tiny little CD? Er, no.
Ah. Thanks for saving me £20...

How long did it take you to recieve it?
Old 2006-08-31, 11:56   Link #92
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Ah. Thanks for saving me £20...

How long did it take you to recieve it?
If you're going with airmail like I did probably best to work on a week after ordering. You place the order, then they'll send you an email about a day after with the combined shipping cost, then you pay, then they'll send another email when it was shipped. About 5 days (not 5working days, 5 days generally) after you should get it. Would probably be less if you went with EMS but that's a fair bit more expensive for an extra day or two earlier.

Then feel free to share your translations with everyone else
Old 2006-08-31, 13:11   Link #93
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
If you're going with airmail like I did probably best to work on a week after ordering. You place the order, then they'll send you an email about a day after with the combined shipping cost, then you pay, then they'll send another email when it was shipped. About 5 days (not 5working days, 5 days generally) after you should get it. Would probably be less if you went with EMS but that's a fair bit more expensive for an extra day or two earlier.

Then feel free to share your translations with everyone else
Thanks, I'll go with airmail then.

My translations won't be up to much, I'm hoping that my present knowledge of the first arcs will help... and that by the time I get to the last two arcs I'll have improved...
Old 2006-09-02, 21:49   Link #94
Keriaku
Thought Being

Since I don't frequent the 4chan boards, could someone please update here when Shadow[Aimai] gives an update on the translation status of the games?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 17:08   Link #95
Varion
殲滅天使

Right, update.

Paletweb are now taking preorders for the PS2 version of Higurashi

The limited edition is here for $95 (ow, that's not like them at all)
The regular edition is here for $70

When did they start putting their prices up ;_;
Old 2006-09-08, 17:30   Link #96
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Ah... I have now recieved the game, and got it working with a bit of fiddling. Translating is slow going though... I'm only just at the beginning of the prologue of Onikakushi-hen...

Actually, I noticed that only three chapters seem to be playable currently. Does the fourth get unlocked later?
Old 2006-09-08, 17:53   Link #97
Varion
殲滅天使

Try going to the omake option on the title screen, then you get a chapter choice (I chose the third) then skipped through then it appeared on the 'start' list right at the bottom. Dunno why, but it works, though I dunno if that's how you're supposed to do it.

As for the slow progress, well, if you're learning as you go along then it's all good
Old 2006-09-08, 18:19   Link #98
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Try going to the omake option on the title screen, then you get a chapter choice (I chose the third) then skipped through then it appeared on the 'start' list right at the bottom. Dunno why, but it works, though I dunno if that's how you're supposed to do it.

As for the slow progress, well, if you're learning as you go along then it's all good
As this game was released in the order of Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Himatsubushi-hen, it is meant to be played in that order. Hence, Himatsubushi-hen would only appear once you've played through Onikakushi, Watanagashi, and Tatarigoroshi.

However, that option exists for gamers who have played the previous chapters on previous releases. By selecting this option the gamer can jump right on into Himatsubushi-hen. It's basically an option saying "have you played the previous chapter(s)?" If you say yes it will unlock the Himatsubushi-hen chapter.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 04:19   Link #99
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Thanks everyone.

Also, presumably TIPS get unlocked as you play through... I'm not going to try to translate them though, thanks to the thread here.
Old 2006-09-09, 15:26   Link #100
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Thanks everyone.

Also, presumably TIPS get unlocked as you play through... I'm not going to try to translate them though, thanks to the thread here.
Now you know the rationality why we post TIPS every episode. We're providing them in a similar way it was presented to you in the game.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote