Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-27, 12:46   Link #261
Susanou
.Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Spoiler:
Well that's my mistake about the eyes then ^^;; Well I've never seen him with blue eyes except for the intro and next episode's preview. Well thanks for clearing that up.

And nice avatars capture, mind if I use one?
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 13:00   Link #262
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
scary...so kazuma still has an ace up his sleeves if needed O.o but...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 13:13   Link #263
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
I guess it could happen if they write an original ending, but they'd want to leave it open-ended in case popularity warrants a second season sometime in the future (also if author writes more novels). So most likely there will not be any kind of resolution at the end.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 14:41   Link #264
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

but that depends on how the series can be made to allow room for a season 2 or infact if it can at all ~ series like this are pretty solid when it comes to the conclusion and its not at all easy to produce a story to continue on from ~ probably best to just leave it as a one off series imo (like many others :3)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-04-28, 01:31   Link #265
usagijen

gackt...! *whew* I can't believe it took me this long to write this one... o__o (I was already tired last night and went to sleep, then just continued it today >.<)

already posted this even without the screenshots to avoid further delays... ehehe ^^;;;;;

And on to the summary and my commentary! (posted some spoilers in the novel too for those interested >3) Kaze no Stigma Episode 3 Summary and Thoughts + some Spoilers

I'm lazy to write any more of what I said in my blog to the forum... so please just check out that post of mine (and hopefully post your comment in the blog too! ^-^) it'll be great to spark up some discussions there too, although that might also be confusing if discussions are done here and in the blog =___= oh well.. hope you guys comment there! >3
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 01:33   Link #266
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post
Well, I've watched episode 3 and as Deathkillz said mainly some talk with a cliffhanger at the end. What got my attention in this episode are 2 things, first of all
Spoiler:
about that enemy wind-guy Ryuuya, I don't think the death of that girl has any connections with regards to this guy... Ryuuya and the Kazamakis' predicament is simply related to their wanting for revenge against the Kannagis, so I doubt that even they would know about that girl... the one who killed her would most probably something 'bigger' (for the lack of a better word x_x), and is something not yet revealed to us... hope they give us some trails and foreshadowing with events related to this past of Kazuma's...

Quote:
Spoiler:
from what I see, I don't think it's going towards that direction... so rest assured =P

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-04-28 at 02:39.
Old 2007-04-28, 03:04   Link #267
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
about that enemy wind-guy Ryuuya, I don't think the death of that girl has any connections with regards to this guy... Ryuuya and the Kazamakis' predicament is simply related to their wanting for revenge against the Kannagis, so I doubt that even they would know about that girl... the one who killed her would most probably something 'bigger' (for the lack of a better word x_x), and is something not yet revealed to us... hope they give us some trails and foreshadowing with events related to this past of Kazuma's...
Spoiler:

Old 2007-04-28, 03:53   Link #268
usagijen

Quote:
Spoiler:
yeah, I also think that's what happened, though I'm not entirely sure about the 'revenge' part... (based from what was written in the novel regarding his thoughts about the past - only until what the episode has covered)

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-28, 21:17   Link #269
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've only just watched ep1, but I want to agree with Shiroth and usagijen's earlier posts praising Ono Daisuke as Kazuya. As far as I'm concerned, his voice -- along with the script and character design -- creates a great character. I like Fujimura Ayumu, too, especially in her quieter moments.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 21:47   Link #270
zalem

Yeah, Kazuma is what makes this thing worth watching. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bother. But he's an interesting character. Ayano, on the other hand, needs massive improvement. Or at least a new vocabulary (she's always spouting the same crap...the "I won't forgive it" stuff or "KAZUUMAAAA").
Old 2007-04-28, 21:52   Link #271
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I don't see any problem with Ono's intepretation of Kazuma, really. Some may say he's not suave enough in his potrayal or that he lacks the Koyasu-ism or whatever, but really, Kazuma strikes the fine balance between a character who's cool enough to know his game but at the same time, isn't a total "zero-emo" character. A "mild" tsundere, if I were to make some form of comparison. So, Ono's doing the job just fine.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 01:28   Link #272
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've only just watched ep1, but I want to agree with Shiroth and usagijen's earlier posts praising Ono Daisuke as Kazuya. As far as I'm concerned, his voice -- along with the script and character design -- creates a great character. I like Fujimura Ayumu, too, especially in her quieter moments.
Kazuya?

Anyway,as i expected, the anime is great. All that dissapointed me was the animation. I felt the clouds needed better designs. They look too plain. They should have us the AIR TV style.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 02:14   Link #273
klee123

Hey guys, is there a site where there are summaries of the light novels? Thanks

Last edited by klee123; 2007-04-29 at 04:27.
klee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 03:34   Link #274
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Yeah, Kazuma is what makes this thing worth watching. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bother. But he's an interesting character. Ayano, on the other hand, needs massive improvement. Or at least a new vocabulary (she's always spouting the same crap...the "I won't forgive it" stuff or "KAZUUMAAAA").
quite true but she is one of those types who doesnt have any manners ~ well at least looking at her stuff herself with food proved to be quite comical and shows an extent in her unlady like manners

Old 2007-04-29, 03:48   Link #275
Mentar
Banned

I have no complaints at all about Ayano ... then again, I love this kind of female lead, because they're cracking me up.

I mean come on - take the SD parts at the beginning of ep2. How can one not love this?

It will be the Ayano antics, and especially the developing cats-and-dogs relationship with Kazuma which will make the show worthwhile to me. And I'm looking forward to it quite a bit.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 04:01   Link #276
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Is it a trend to take Ayano's character as being annoying? Perhaps she should have been shorter and perhaps 4-5 years younger. Lolis get less flak for being 'annoying' in this sense, after all.

The story seems pretty straightforward at this point in time, but judging from the things they threw at us-one of them namely this girl from Kazuma's past-it just might get a little deeper.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 04:13   Link #277
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Is it a trend to take Ayano's character as being annoying? Perhaps she should have been shorter and perhaps 4-5 years younger. Lolis get less flak for being 'annoying' in this sense, after all.
There you go. That's actually probably what would have happened. Loli's are immune to critcism. Barring that, giving your characters a loli design like those in Kanon for example, will whitewash over any annoyances or character shortcomings they may have. It's tough being a female anime character who's older than 12 these days.

If you need any proof, look at a fairly similar character to Ayano in Shana. Shana is beloved by anime fan's, but not so much Ayano. Why? Well just look at her.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 05:27   Link #278
lightbringer
M9000

I'd like to believe that Shana is more likable because of her cute naiveté and self-sacrifice for the sake of the mission/contract. At the end of the day, though, Kaioshin's theory about it being the loli effect is probably more accurate >.<

Shana is severely lacking in the male lead department though, so it balances out.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 06:24   Link #279
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
It doesn't really matter to me, though. Ayano is in a way unique and rightly so. Think about it: She's 16, has defeated someone much older than her by the age of 12 and assumed the mantle of being the next head of Kannagi. Coupled with the fact that she strongly believes Kazuma to be the perpetrator behind things so far, I would say she's arrogant and narrow-minded as it comes.

But let's not forget this is just the beginning of KnS, so I would like to think there will be plenty of space for her character to be fleshed out, just as the others will be.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 07:58   Link #280
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The difference between Shana and Ayano is HUUUUGE. Shana has a sort of fatalistic air about her, as if she's devoted to her mission and realises she's probably going to die from it someday. Ayano however, is utterly confident in herself despite the fact she's probably never really had much battle experience (considering the fact she fumbled against the spider) and just seems so much more into herself than Shana did. -_- So yeah, I'd say people are valid for liking Shana more than Ayano.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen