AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-11-20, 20:23   Link #221
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
It was brought to my attention that RedStormtrooper was inspired by the similarity of design between the VC2's armored troopers and the Peacekeepers of RA3 (perhaps the only known instance of a basic infantry unit with a shotgun as primary armament) to write this crossover with the original Red Alert. Not bad reading so far, and the authour's notes are amusing in their own right.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 21:49   Link #222
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
It was brought to my attention that RedStormtrooper was inspired by the similarity of design between the VC2's armored troopers and the Peacekeepers of RA3 (perhaps the only known instance of a basic infantry unit with a shotgun as primary armament) to write this crossover with the original Red Alert. Not bad reading so far, and the authour's notes are amusing in their own right.
Oddly enough, all this got me thinking: what happens when you electrocute a Valkyria when your a Soviet Shock trooper (not to be confused with the one with the Submachine Gun). For the purpose of an RP I'm doing, it makes the Shock Trooper an Anti-Valkyrur of sorts (Black hair instead of White; Green eyes instead of Red; Red lightning instead of blue fire), while I actually think it would brute force a Final Flame.

Also, are my A/N musings amusing? (*shot* for bad pun)
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 22:34   Link #223
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStormtrooper View Post
Oddly enough, all this got me thinking: what happens when you electrocute a Valkyria when your a Soviet Shock trooper (not to be confused with the one with the Submachine Gun). For the purpose of an RP I'm doing, it makes the Shock Trooper an Anti-Valkyrur of sorts (Black hair instead of White; Green eyes instead of Red; Red lightning instead of blue fire), while I actually think it would brute force a Final Flame.
That sounds like an analogue of the shield/laser interaction issue in the Dune universe (reference) - only without risk to the gunner, and makes deploying Valkyria in the field a risky prospect (see: why infantry don't like to clump around their fellows who're carrying the incinerators).
If you were using RA2/RA3 tech, one new weapon that might emerge is a long-range (100m or so) tesla weapon: this uses a very low-power prism/spectrum beam to create a short-lived ionized 'tunnel' for the electrical discharge.

Quote:
Also, are my A/N musings amusing? (*shot* for bad pun)
Yep. And I can imagine Isara's 'Whoa...' moment if the Empire of the Rising Sun joins the party.
Old 2009-11-20, 22:45   Link #224
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
only without risk to the gunner, and makes deploying Valkyria in the field a risky prospect
With the Soviets, even with RA1's Tech Level, Valkyria deployment would be hazardous... Mainly because of things like the Iron Curtain and A-Bomb (even if the shield is impenetrable, which I personally doubt [you just need a bigger bullet], you still have to factor in fall-out, and all that heat)

Also, "with out risk to the gunner?" Have you actually seen Soviet Shock/Tesla Troopers in combat? In Real Life, I actually think the Lance would be a better antitank weapon than the Shock Rifle.

Quote:
Yep. And I can imagine Isara's 'Whoa...' moment if the Empire of the Rising Sun joins the party.
For good reason, I won't be using those Imperials. Namely, the resulting curb stomp (if I place the Soviets at the tech level of the Vietnam war, give or take, then I equate the EotRS as being about twenty years from now, at least).
Old 2009-11-20, 23:21   Link #225
Firefly00

Quote:
With the Soviets, even with RA1's Tech Level, Valkyria deployment would be hazardous... Mainly because of things like the Iron Curtain and A-Bomb (even if the shield is impenetrable, which I personally doubt [you just need a bigger bullet], you still have to factor in fall-out, and all that heat)
Very true. If Valkyria are treated as living superweapons... well, that just begs for a 'response in kind', doesn't it?

Quote:
Also, "with out risk to the gunner?" Have you actually seen Soviet Shock/Tesla Troopers in combat?
I should've been a bit clearer. In the Dune novels, the peculiarities of the Holtzman Effect mean that the result of a laser-armed unit firing on a shielded target is at the very least mutual destruction; this sort of adverse feedback effect is speculated to not be a factor in the case of an active Valkyria being lit up by a Tesla weapon. Of course, that still leaves the problem of minimum safe distance from the almost-guaranteed Final Flame (the size of which, in theory, depends on how much power is pumped into it; an involuntary example such as discussed might not necessarily be at or near full theoretical yield.

Quote:
In Real Life, I actually think the Lance would be a better antitank weapon than the Shock Rifle.
They might even out, actually. On the one hand, lances/launchers are slightly more versatile (specialty loads can be used); on the other, Tesla weapons are more accurate at range, lack backblast (an important consideration when laying ambuses in urban areas), and can more readily engage aircraft (as a gameplay concession RA-canon Tesla/prism/spectrum weapons can't, even though appropriate targeting systems exist which they can be mated to).

Quote:
For good reason, I won't be using those Imperials. Namely, the resulting curb stomp (if I place the Soviets at the tech level of the Vietnam war, give or take, then I equate the EotRS as being about twenty years from now, at least).
Fair enough. Besides, this doesn't even cover psionics (most infamously represented in the RA universe by Yuri and Yuriko) and their associated technologies...
And if you do venture into RA2/RA3 territory we have such fun toys as desolators (theoretically possible in RA1), gap/Mirage tech, and terror drones...
Old 2009-11-20, 23:27   Link #226
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Of course, that still leaves the problem of minimum safe distance from the almost-guaranteed Final Flame (the size of which, in theory, depends on how much power is pumped into it; an involuntary example such as discussed might not necessarily be at or near full theoretical yield.
Or, it could go the other way around... a Tesla-induced Final Flame could actually give off a higher yield possibly falling into the Mega- (possibly even Giga-) ton range.

Quote:
They might even out, actually. On the one hand, lances/launchers are slightly more versatile (specialty loads can be used); on the other, Tesla weapons are more accurate at range, lack backblast (an important consideration when laying ambuses in urban areas), and can more readily engage aircraft (as a gameplay concession RA-canon Tesla/prism/spectrum weapons can't, even though appropriate targeting systems exist which they can be mated to).
True... though the Anti-Air Tesla/Prism/Spectrum thing sounds like a good way to get people pissed at the Devs. Sounds like it'd be way over powered (I actually toyed with the original RA once, and changed the Invisible projectile type shoot aircraft as well, so that MG units [Rangers, Riflemen, etc] could fight Hinds and the like. Guess what type of projectile the Tesla Coil used.)

Quote:
Fair enough. Besides, this doesn't even cover psionics (most infamously represented in the RA universe by Yuri and Yuriko) and their associated technologies...
And if you do venture into RA2/RA3 territory we have such fun toys as desolators (theoretically possible in RA1), gap/Mirage tech, and terror drones...
There is a method to my madness in using Red Alert 1: Ragnite-based mods to the Heavy, Mammoth, and Tesla tanks not withstanding, the RA1 Soviets would be the ones Gallia could most easily fend off (Plus, fairly certain Isara [or anyone, for that matter] wouldn't like me feeding the Edelweiss to an Apocalypse Tank.)

EDIT: Expanding on "Valkyria+Tesla=Not Good" idea, that would be a prefect opportunity for my inner jerkass to come out, at the end where Welkin calms down Alicia, only for her to, immediately afterward, get zapped by a Tesla Tank, forcing the Final Flame on her.

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-11-20 at 23:58.
Old 2009-11-21, 00:59   Link #227
Firefly00

Quote:
Or, it could go the other way around... a Tesla-induced Final Flame could actually give off a higher yield possibly falling into the Mega- (possibly even Giga-) ton range.
Cue the "Oh shi-!" moment...

Quote:
True... though the Anti-Air Tesla/Prism/Spectrum thing sounds like a good way to get people pissed at the Devs. Sounds like it'd be way over powered
There is one instance of antiair-capable DEWs I can recall in C&C: those fielded by CABAL on its Obelisks and Core Defender.

Quote:
(I actually toyed with the original RA once, and changed the Invisible projectile type shoot aircraft as well, so that MG units [Rangers, Riflemen, etc] could fight Hinds and the like. Guess what type of projectile the Tesla Coil used.)
Heh. And you were probably amused when you found out about gatling (more appropriately, I suppose, Vulcan) weapons being added in Yuri's Revenge, and were one of the PLA's signature weapons over in Generals... in fact, one of the variant armies in Zero Hour is much like what you did with Red Alert... Shin Fai's 'riflemen' are in fact minigunners, giving him perhaps the best antiair capability of all the factions.

Quote:
There is a method to my madness in using Red Alert 1: Ragnite-based mods to the Heavy, Mammoth, and Tesla tanks not withstanding, the RA1 Soviets would be the ones Gallia could most easily fend off
Though the whole 'glowing obvious weak point' (as if the rear facing wasn't enough of an ideal target) is unlikely to sit well with Allied or Soviet armor crewers; ragnite-enhanced explosives, on the other hand, are more comfortably integrable into the arsenal.

Quote:
(Plus, fairly certain Isara [or anyone, for that matter] wouldn't like me feeding the Edelweiss to an Apocalypse Tank.)
That feeding being quite literal for one variant of said superheavy tank. Question: do the Imperials have Mammoth/Apoc analogues of their own, or is there no middle ground between mainline MBTs and land battleships like the Marmota (which have no known mirror in the RA universe outside of, say, the Imperials' Giga Fortresses - though the artificial islands are in a category all their own).

Quote:
EDIT: Expanding on "Valkyria+Tesla=Not Good" idea, that would be a prefect opportunity for my inner jerkass to come out, at the end where Welkin calms down Alicia, only for her to, immediately afterward, get zapped by a Tesla Tank, forcing the Final Flame on her.
That is quite evil, I think. Or perhaps a chemical (desolator) strike...
Old 2009-11-21, 01:33   Link #228
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Cue the "Oh shi-!" moment...
Conversely, she could also just be turned to ash.

Quote:
There is one instance of antiair-capable DEWs I can recall in C&C: those fielded by CABAL on its Obelisks and Core Defender.
You also can't build those in multiplayer, so it slid by (Not that I haven't seen more than one mod that let you build those Obelisks of Darkness and Defenders)

Quote:
Heh. And you were probably amused when you found out about gatling (more appropriately, I suppose, Vulcan) weapons being added in Yuri's Revenge, and were one of the PLA's signature weapons over in Generals... in fact, one of the variant armies in Zero Hour is much like what you did with Red Alert... Shin Fai's 'riflemen' are in fact minigunners, giving him perhaps the best antiair capability of all the factions.
Oddly enough; Yuri's Gatling Tanks, plus the Minigunners from the Chinese Infantry general served as a sort of inspiration... the end result, though, was that I never built another SAM site again... the Tesla Coils, confusingly enough, use the same projectile image as your M60s and your rifles. End result... Anti-Everything Tesla Coils, which were quite powerful.

Quote:
Though the whole 'glowing obvious weak point' (as if the rear facing wasn't enough of an ideal target) is unlikely to sit well with Allied or Soviet armor crewers; ragnite-enhanced explosives, on the other hand, are more comfortably integrable into the arsenal.
Well, I was figuring that, if you could probably make bombs with ragnite (as in, some sort of Atom bomb), you could reapply ragnite as a fairly obvious uranium surrogate (reactor fuel). Suddenly, your tanks don't need to refuel (and neither do your submarines).

Quote:
That feeding being quite literal for one variant of said superheavy tank. Question: do the Imperials have Mammoth/Apoc analogues of their own, or is there no middle ground between mainline MBTs and land battleships like the Marmota (which have no known mirror in the RA universe outside of, say, the Imperials' Giga Fortresses - though the artificial islands are in a category all their own).
Well, there is the Allied Battle Fortress, plus, you know, Actual battleships, that would work. Then, since I dragged RA2 units into it, you could always Chronoshift it into a building, drop one of your own Cruisers/Aircraft Carriers in bombardment range, and watch the fireworks.

And, oddly enough, that line of "Feeding the Edelweiss to an Apoc Tank" was with that particular variant in mind, along with the the Apoc's little bother, the Grinder.

Quote:
That is quite evil, I think. Or perhaps a chemical (desolator) strike...
Man, Gelb/Stalin/Romanov/Cherdenko would love me...

---

Since I've officially dragged Uprising into it, units like the the Reaper, Future Tank X-1, and Pacifier Field Artillery Vehicle present, I feel that something along these lines would happen:

1. Edelweiss and Shamrock gets eaten (by either a Grinder or an Apocalypse tank)
2. One or more Sevens get crushed by a Reaper's Protojump (or 'chewed up and spit out' by it's little brother, the Sickle).
3. Selvaria meets the Harbinger Gunship... I don't see that ending well, what with the Proton Colliders... "Ever wonder what they're thinking down there," indeed.
4. Everyone craps their pants at the Shogun Executioner... that might beckon a fanfic in and of itself... close call between a three way showdown between Yuriko, Alicia, and Selvaria... assuming one's gutter mind doesn't mutate the "three way" bit. (I feel dirty, now...)
Old 2009-11-21, 17:23   Link #229
itrytofight

I know that we shouldn't clusterf%ck the Red Alert/VC crossover anymore than it already is... But I want too so...

I sorta want to see MEC... I mean GLA (damn you Battlefield 2), Chinese, and U.S. forces from C&C Generals screw up things even more than the Soviets did.

Let the Scuds, Ion Beams from Heaven, and Nukes rain down upon thee!!!! (plus I'm more familiar to Generals and Zero Hour than the rest of the series).

Already asked the fanfic writer to do this, but you think it's a good idea?
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 18:16   Link #230
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrytofight View Post
I know that we shouldn't clusterf%ck the Red Alert/VC crossover anymore than it already is... But I want too so...

I sorta want to see MEC... I mean GLA (damn you Battlefield 2), Chinese, and U.S. forces from C&C Generals screw up things even more than the Soviets did.

Let the Scuds, Ion Beams from Heaven, and Nukes rain down upon thee!!!! (plus I'm more familiar to Generals and Zero Hour than the rest of the series).

Already asked the fanfic writer to do this, but you think it's a good idea?
Ask him yourself... he's right here.

Here's the thing, though... how would I get the Generals factions in? The GLA and GRA (Note the similarity of acronyms) are somewhat already present, but how would units from China and the US get in there (I could see the Crusader acting as a heavier Medium tank, and the Humvee as the Ranger, but that's it). Also, the Chinese would somewhat step on the toes of the Soviets... they're both the Red house color, both have potent twin-cannon supertanks (the Mammoth and Overlord), and both use MiG fighters (the Mig-29 Fulcrum to the MiG-1.44)

EDIT: To elaborate on this; I have no method to explain how the Generals factions got there. The Allies and Soviets I can explain with the Chronosphere (A teleportation device which also seems to be able to send matter through space and time, assuming Cherdenko's Time Machine spawned from the Chronosphere), and as the Soviets managing to cobble together their own model in time to send troops to Gallia to Re-assert themselves in a world unexpecting of it, ala a big, giant Blitzkreig over time.

Then, we factor in me and Firefly's musings about what happens when you deliver an electronic discharge to an active albino superwoman, which results in a catastrophic detonation of devestating proportions.

Or: "Don't shock Valkyria with the Tesla Coil, you fool!" *boom*

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-11-21 at 18:34.
Old 2009-11-21, 18:45   Link #231
itrytofight

Oh, cool then, liked your story so far (could use a few more or so Sevens though but heck).

Though I don't want to pester you like a backseat driver would, I think I could give you an idea:

The Soviets make another rupture in the space time continuim thingy on accident and up bringing the three factions into the fray (or somehow combine the two worlds together and cause even more choas, yay!).

The GLA, U.S., and PLA cause much unneeded damage and chaos before they stop and ask themselves wtf going on and where they ended up.

Other than that, about Selvearia and the Tesla Coil, i'd think her blue flames would deflect the electrons of the Tesla even much more than it would against bullets and such. Maybe obsorb them to add to her own destructive abilities, then again, that's probably how she would blow up in the first place.

Keep writing!

Oh, Just to help promote extremely good Fanfiction writing:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5138570/...les_Flashpoint
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4749478/1/A_Life_Too_Many
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5417714/...Chronicles_780
Old 2009-11-21, 18:55   Link #232
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Oh, cool then, liked your story so far (could use a few more or so Sevens though but heck).

Though I don't want to pester you like a backseat driver would, I think I could give you an idea:

The Soviets make another rupture in the space time continuim thingy on accident and up bringing the three factions into the fray (or somehow combine the two worlds together and cause even more choas, yay!).

The GLA, U.S., and PLA cause much unneeded damage and chaos before they stop and ask themselves wtf going on and where they ended up.
Intersting, but that would be a fic in its own right.

Quote:
Other than that, about Selvearia and the Tesla Coil, i'd think her blue flames would deflect the electrons of the Tesla even much more than it would against bullets and such. Maybe obsorb them to add to her own destructive abilities, then again, that's probably how she would blow up in the first place.
Also, the ragnite polearm. She's basically holding a lightning rod. (That, and if TCs/TTs/Shockies don't kill her, since these are the RA1 Soviets, they have Nukes )

[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I've actually read Flashpoint. I'd recommend it, but you've just saved me the trouble.
Old 2009-11-21, 19:13   Link #233
Firefly00

Quote:
Well, I was figuring that, if you could probably make bombs with ragnite (as in, some sort of Atom bomb), you could reapply ragnite as a fairly obvious uranium surrogate (reactor fuel). Suddenly, your tanks don't need to refuel (and neither do your submarines).
I was under the impression that ragnite-pumped explosives were already common in VC canon, but they aren't as yet comprable to nukes in terms of destructive power. Ragnite-as-uranium-surrogate (which I don't think VC has gotten to yet) leaves an opportunity to toss in a nod to Tsingtao's forces from Zero Hour... there'a reason folks using them try to get the isotope stability upgrade in a hurry.

Quote:
Well, there is the Allied Battle Fortress, plus, you know, Actual battleships, that would work...
Oh yes, we can't overlook those, can we? And since this is an AU, it's possible that the Battle Fortress could be another of FutureTech's projects.

Quote:
And, oddly enough, that line of "Feeding the Edelweiss to an Apoc Tank" was with that particular variant in mind, along with the the Apoc's little bother, the Grinder.
For extra 'jackass' potential: imagine eluding the Apoc/Grinder... and then running across a pack of terror drones...

Quote:
4. Everyone craps their pants at the Shogun Executioner... that might beckon a fanfic in and of itself... close call between a three way showdown between Yuriko, Alicia, and Selvaria... assuming one's gutter mind doesn't mutate the "three way" bit. (I feel dirty, now...)
...damn it. Thanks for the mental image of Selvaria wearing Yuriko's threads.

Quote:
Here's the thing, though... how would I get the Generals factions in?
Not too sure about the factions themselves, but if you're using RA3 tech, many of the assets from Generals are close enough to be explained away as stuff that was developed over the course of the war and now fit to enter field trials. For instance, the MiG-1.44 could be the Soviets' answer to the Vindicator; the Overlord is what happened when someone asked 'how can we make the Apocalypse more versatile?'; and so on. The opportunity also exists to make all manner of variant units; examples follow.
  • Befouler: Apocalypse variant with the dual cannons replaced by an upscaled version of the Desolators' chemical spray;
  • Hailstorm: a Century variant intended to serve as a 'pocket-Harbinger'; the bomb bays and passenger space are traded for an armament package similar to the AC-130 Spectre (2x 30mm automatic cannon; 1x 105mm howitzer);
  • Prometheus: yet another Apocalypse mutation. Main armament consists of an upscaled version of the Mirage tank's spectrum cannon (i.e. in terms of performance, it weighs in between those and spectrum towers);
  • Hammerhead: take a Twinblade, add firing ports for its embarked pasengers, and this is the result (yes, this is an intentional C&C3 nod)

Before anyone asks: no, the HMMWV does not make the IFV redundant, if only because of the sheer usefulness of repair-IFVs...
And speaking of C&C3 nods: duplicating the GDI's Rig is theoretically possible here.

Quote:
Then, we factor in me and Firefly's musings about what happens when you deliver an electronic discharge to an active albino superwoman, which results in a catastrophic detonation of devestating proportions.

Or: "Don't shock Valkyria with the Tesla Coil, you fool!" *boom*
Well, for this to become a widely-known issue, there'd have to be more Valkyria about than Alicia and Selvaria, yeah? It's possible, as noted earlier in this thread, that the Imperials might have some black programs running along those lines. Extra bonus points if the Japanese try to appropriate the info from those and fold it into the program of their own which spawned Yuriko...
Old 2009-11-21, 19:33   Link #234
itrytofight

Quote:
I was under the impression that ragnite-pumped explosives were already common in VC canon, but they aren't as yet comprable to nukes in terms of destructive power. Ragnite-as-uranium-surrogate (which I don't think VC has gotten to yet) leaves an opportunity to toss in a nod to Tsingtao's forces from Zero Hour... there'a reason folks using them try to get the isotope stability upgrade in a hurry.

Oh yes, we can't overlook those, can we? And since this is an AU, it's possible that the Battle Fortress could be another of FutureTech's projects.

For extra 'jackass' potential: imagine eluding the Apoc/Grinder... and then running across a pack of terror drones...

Not too sure about the factions themselves, but if you're using RA3 tech, many of the assets from Generals are close enough to be explained away as stuff that was developed over the course of the war and now fit to enter field trials. For instance, the MiG-1.44 could be the Soviets' answer to the Vindicator; the Overlord is what happened when someone asked 'how can we make the Apocalypse more versatile?'; and so on. The opportunity also exists to make all manner of variant units; examples follow.
  • Befouler: Apocalypse variant with the dual cannons replaced by an upscaled version of the Desolators' chemical spray;
  • Hailstorm: a Century variant intended to serve as a 'pocket-Harbinger'; the bomb bays and passenger space are traded for an armament package similar to the AC-130 Spectre (2x 30mm automatic cannon; 1x 105mm howitzer);
  • Prometheus: yet another Apocalypse mutation. Main armament consists of an upscaled version of the Mirage tank's spectrum cannon (i.e. in terms of performance, it weighs in between those and spectrum towers);
  • Hammerhead: take a Twinblade, add firing ports for its embarked pasengers, and this is the result (yes, this is an intentional C&C3 nod)

Before anyone asks: no, the HMMWV does not make the IFV redundant, if only because of the sheer usefulness of repair-IFVs...
And speaking of C&C3 nods: duplicating the GDI's Rig is theoretically possible here.

Well, for this to become a widely-known issue, there'd have to be more Valkyria about than Alicia and Selvaria, yeah? It's possible, as noted earlier in this thread, that the Imperials might have some black programs running along those lines. Extra bonus points if the Japanese try to appropriate the info from those and fold it into the program of their own which spawned Yuriko...
TO: Red Storm Trooper and Firefly

Sorry for double posting like that, thought my reply dissappeared when i tried to add a quote to it.

I'm thinking the Federation, rather than the Imperials, would be the ones trying to do this (don't know why though)

And the thought of RA's Naval assets (air and sea) curb stomping that of Gallia, Imperial, and Federation assets is sorta funny.

Plus, don't know what a Apoc/Grinder tank is... but i'll go fetch Herbert and Susie to find out.

About Selvaria wearing Yuriko's school uniform (I haven't played the game, but am not going to ask) it wouldn't work cause Sel's mounds are just too massive to contain in such a skimpy outfit. but the three way fight between them would be awesome.

Melding weaponry of Generals and RA for this fic would work, but I sort of wanted another crossover. Again, not trying to be the pesky back seat driver. Oh yeah, what are IFVs?

about the Japanese Empire... can you add them pretty please!? I know you already said that you didn't want too but I just had to ask .

And last thing, about the Soviet nuke vs. Sel. If you take account of the VC anime bus crash, in which Alicia takes the full Valkyrur self destruct/nuclear explosion while it decimates everything else, I'd think she's still survive (though she'll have to remain in Valkyria form untill out of the fallouts range).
Old 2009-11-21, 19:37   Link #235
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
VC hasn't gotten there yet, but by all means, Red Alert (and if I go that way, Generals) has. Thus, we have the Soviets using Ragnite as a replacement for Uranium (when in Rome...).

Quote:
You know, the Soviets would hate you, right?

Quote:
That'd could actually be quite the fight... Isara vs. Terror Drone, as she tries to drive it out of her tank

Quote:
Come now... You know you want it.

Quote:
  • My own addition would be the Armaggeddon tank: Little more than an upscaled Apocalypse, mixed with a Hammer tank. 125mm cannons to 152mm, heavier armor, slower speed, and Leech beams.
  • Scythe: Take a Sickle, and make it ten times larger, give it three revolving 85mm cannons, and a giant Gatling 125mm cannon. Commence Pants-crapping.

Before anyone asks: no, the HMMWV does not make the IFV redundant, if only because of the sheer usefulness of Valkyria-IFVs...
Expanded, and fixed XD.

Quote:
Hm... I smell a friendship between the Imps and the Other Imps... fun with two sides having the same name!

---Mega Edit---

Quote:
I'm thinking the Federation, rather than the Imperials, would be the ones trying to do this (don't know why though)
Then, we have the Other Imps.

Quote:
And the thought of RA's Naval assets (air and sea) curb stomping that of Gallia, Imperial, and Federation assets is sorta funny.
You know, I figure Gallia, the Empire, and the Feds have navies as well... but, they probably don't have Missile Submarines.

Quote:
Plus, don't know what a Apoc/Grinder tank is... but i'll go fetch Herbert and Susie to find out.
They won't know a thing: go pick youself up a copy of Uprising, it goes for about $20.

Quote:
About Selvaria wearing Yuriko's school uniform (I haven't played the game, but am not going to ask) it wouldn't work cause Sel's mounds are just too massive to contain in such a skimpy outfit. but the three way fight between them would be awesome.
Fanservice potental, right there XP (somebody stop me).

Quote:
Melding weaponry of Generals and RA for this fic would work, but I sort of wanted another crossover. Again, not trying to be the pesky back seat driver. Oh yeah, what are IFVs?
Nothing is stopping you from writing your own VC/Generals fic. It could also use the discussed "Modern day VC" idea, in prior pages.

IFVs= Infantry Fighting Vehicle; In this case, it refers to a light tank-like vehicle (or a Buggy, in RA3) that changes its weapon according to the Infantryman placed within.

Quote:
about the Japanese Empire... can you add them pretty please!? I know you already said that you didn't want too but I just had to ask .
They'd eat everyone alive; then the Soviets would backstab everyone.

Quote:
And last thing, about the Soviet nuke vs. Sel. If you take account of the VC anime bus crash, in which Alicia takes the full Valkyrur self destruct/nuclear explosion while it decimates everything else, I'd think she's still survive (though she'll have to remain in Valkyria form untill out of the fallouts range).
Then the Sovs would Iron Curtain a Mammoth Tank and run her over. Or, Iron Curtain her, because the effect kills infantry (a fairly effective tactic vs. commando units).

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-11-21 at 19:55.
Old 2009-11-21, 20:16   Link #236
Firefly00

Quote:
My fault; I thought that would have been readily interpreted as 'Apoc(alypse) or Grinder', much like 'TCs/TTs/Shockies' earlier on...

Quote:
Of course, creative tailoring would be necessary. For the record, though, here's an official artwork of Yuriko.

Quote:
You know, the Soviets would hate you, right?
Well, maybe; they would get the Overlord tank, though.

Quote:
That'd could actually be quite the fight... Isara vs. Terror Drone, as she tries to drive it out of her tank
That sounds like good omake material... as does the mental image of a pack of them fleeing from her (she wants to 'study' them; this explains her channeling Washu).

Quote:
Come now... You know you want it.
Well yeah; it's one of those mental images that doesn't go away. Besides, if she's wearing Yuriko's school uniform, well... there is a piece of FF7 fanart out there with Tifa and Aeris wearing each other's outfits...

Quote:
Hm... I smell a friendship between the Imps and the Other Imps... fun with two sides having the same name!
Hmm... I can't see Yoshiro (if in this continuity he managed to escape here) playing nice with ol' Max for long, if at all. So, instead of the Soviets backstabbing everyone... Though Jaeger, from what I recall of him, might be the sort of character to earn respect from his Japanese counterparts.

Quote:
You know, I figure Gallia, the Empire, and the Feds have navies as well... but, they probably don't have Missile Submarines.
Or for that matter submarines of any kind (but then, I seem to recall naval forces being mentioned only peripherally in VC2).

Quote:
They won't know a thing: go pick youself up a copy of Uprising, it goes for about $20.
Or he can raid the EVA Database.

Quote:
Fanservice potental, right there XP (somebody stop me).
Naah, this is awesome fanservice (it's not like RA3 doesn't already have some fun in this vein).

Quote:
...then the Soviets would backstab everyone.
Unless the Japanese beat them to it (see above).

Quote:
Then the Sovs would Iron Curtain a Mammoth Tank and run her over. Or, Iron Curtain her, because the effect kills infantry (a fairly effective tactic vs. commando units).
Heh. Also watch out for chemical weapons (Desolator troopers, chemical strikes, Befoulers, and so on). If this is RA3, beware of vacuum imploder (instead of the nuke) and cryo weapons.
Old 2009-11-21, 21:12   Link #237
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

I'm not going to quote you; you made way too many points.

I am, however, going to respond:

Your idea of Isara actually chasing the Terror Drones sounds like one that would really piss a big fan of them off... His name is Nikolai Moskvin. I also recall, from Uprising, Moskvin's the guy you face off against when you first encounter the Desolator Troopers, and Also the Reapers (oddly enough, on the mission you unlock the Terror Drones on).

Personally, totally awesome IFV and Humvee combos not withstanding, any Valkyria would be eaten alive in any Command & Conquer universe... while some things wouldn't kill them instantly (Desolator Toxins, Tiberium [though that was discussed in prior pages]), other things probably would (Nukes, particularly on the more powerful end, Ion Cannons, the American Ion cannon knock-off [Particle beam or something], Tesla tech [with a bad outcome], Cryotech, Chronotech and Iron Curtains, Squishing, list goes on.)

And I also think the soviets would backstab the Imps anyway, and the Other Imps would possibly follow shortly thereafter ("What do you mean, you allied with the Soviets/Japanese?!") Now, all we need is Max to get Yuri to ally with him, and set up a giant backstab and more time travel (Plus, Alicia and Sel working together with Boris and Tanya! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!)

A note about Jaeger: He probably would be considered honorable by the Imperial Japanese (they may even offer to allow him to defect, though it would probably be a post-Uprising setting).

---

Also, how would a commando such as Volkov fare against a Valkyria? (Hmm... Volk vs Valk. Sounds like a cheap webcomic.) Since Volkov can (and has) taken on Battleships and won [Assuming you consider the Allied Cruiser to be a Battleship, based of the FMV appearance of an Iowa Class Battleship]. Would also see how Boris would fare, Mr. Kill-a-tank-with-an-AKM.

Also, A Natasha/Jarmen Kell/Marina fight would be neat to watch (Albeit one I'd want to be in a plane in... Marina might not have "Pilot Snipe," but Kell and Natasha do.)
Old 2009-11-21, 23:44   Link #238
Firefly00

Quote:
Your idea of Isara actually chasing the Terror Drones sounds like one that would really piss a big fan of them off...
I think Nikolai is alternating between being pissed off and baffled at the sight ("Wait, since when do terror drones flee?!"). Definitely one for the blooper reels.

Quote:
Personally, totally awesome IFV and Humvee combos not withstanding, any Valkyria would be eaten alive in any Command & Conquer universe...
Idea: have the Iron Curtain effect have the instant-Final-Flame result when used on Valkyrur, instead of Tesla ordnance.

Quote:
And I also think the soviets would backstab the Imps anyway, and the Other Imps would possibly follow shortly thereafter
And watch as the Soviets and Japanese get in each other's way when they implement that idea at, coincidentally, the same time.

Quote:
Now, all we need is Max to get Yuri to ally with him, and set up a giant backstab and more time travel
Oh yeah, Yuri would definitely do the backstabbing there (see: Joruus C'boath in Timothy Zahn's 'Thrawn Trilogy')...

Quote:
(Plus, Alicia and Sel working together with Boris and Tanya! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!)
Yes, it would.

Quote:
A note about Jaeger: He probably would be considered honorable by the Imperial Japanese (they may even offer to allow him to defect, though it would probably be a post-Uprising setting).
And it'd be an interesting story in its own right, I think.

Quote:
Also, how would a commando such as Volkov fare against a Valkyria?
Good question; I suspect the answer is 'whoever gets the first shot in'.

Quote:
Also, A Natasha/Jarmen Kell/Marina fight would be neat to watch (Albeit one I'd want to be in a plane in... Marina might not have "Pilot Snipe," but Kell and Natasha do.)
Agreed. Get the popcorn, though; this is going to take a while.
Old 2009-11-22, 00:27   Link #239
Runty

Why am I compelled to slap myself in the forehead from reading all this?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 06:26   Link #240
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Why am I compelled to slap myself in the forehead from reading all this?
Because you probably didn't get a word we said. Looking at it, it would be fairly confusing to a non-C&C player.

Also: Some random-arse fic staring Moskvin, working off the idea of Isara chasing Terror Drones.

Spoiler for Randomness inside!:

Question of the Hour: WTF was I thinking when I wrote that? (And, no, No Illegal Substances were consumed int he making of that... thing)

EDIT:

Something has dawned on me... the treaty in VC that bans chemical weapons didn't happen in Red Alert (or Real life at about the same time), hence...

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-11-22 at 19:16.

Tags
fanfiction