AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 18:17   Link #1
4Tran

Valkyria Chronicles - Spoilers & Speculation

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Valkyria Chronicles anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:37   Link #2
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Spoiler for Thoughts on next episode:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-19, 20:41   Link #3
kalbron

Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2009-05-19, 22:02   Link #4
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
I hope not.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-20, 02:27   Link #5
Solecs

Speaking of Fouzen,

Spoiler for Events at Fouzen:
Old 2009-05-20, 03:46   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts on next episode:
Going by the preview, and it looks like it's just the background on Faldio. I don't think they'll show anything that important just yet, though the episode title is a little off putting.

I thought we would have seen Leon by now.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:37   Link #7
kalbron

Spoiler for Second Thoughts:
Old 2009-05-21, 18:31   Link #8
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

mm.. can't wait for the Welkin and Alicia development episode.. you know, where they're alone in the forest.. (just played that part in the game today..)
Old 2009-05-21, 19:22   Link #9
kalbron

The real question for that is: will it actually happen?
Old 2009-05-21, 21:18   Link #10
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

if they skip over that. by god, i will go to japan and smite the directors.
Old 2009-05-21, 21:25   Link #11
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
if they skip over that. by god, i will go to japan and smite the directors.
Since the feel is that they are doing away with Isara's subplot, chances are that they may alter WelkinX Alicia. Heck, they would probably throw in WelkinX Selvaria if they can get away with it.
Old 2009-05-21, 23:26   Link #12
Solecs

Now there's an idea, there's a part of me that thinks it would kind of interesting if they pulled something like that. It's certainly doable, without completely destroying the series. Not to mention it'd be a nice surprise for all the game players who are expecting the canon plots and subplots.
Old 2009-05-21, 23:33   Link #13
jagass

Thanks for sharing this...
Old 2009-05-22, 01:42   Link #14
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
Not to mention it'd be a nice surprise for all the game players who are expecting the canon plots and subplots.
Are you sure about nice surprise part? So far I don't see that much gamers happy about the changed, the anime is dropping in popularity seem to confirm that in Japan the changes are not that good so how did you came into conclusion that those changes will be 'nice' for gamers? So far anime is not liked much because of such changes, so I would not call them nice surprise type of changes at all.
Old 2009-05-22, 01:51   Link #15
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I went into the anime expecting something different (subtle if possible) from the game. If I wanted the game's storyline, I would have played the game. Unlike manga/LN to anime adaptations, the game is already an audio and visual treat.
Old 2009-05-22, 03:00   Link #16
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Are you sure about nice surprise part? So far I don't see that much gamers happy about the changed, the anime is dropping in popularity seem to confirm that in Japan the changes are not that good so how did you came into conclusion that those changes will be 'nice' for gamers? So far anime is not liked much because of such changes, so I would not call them nice surprise type of changes at all.
Ok, so maybe it might not be a "nice surprise" but maybe part of my motivation for feeling that way is so that

Spoiler for Game Spoilers:

That said, I'm not entirely against all the changes. I enjoy the show, but I think I'd be enjoying it more if I hadn't played the game before hand. As for changing the relationship structures and/or characters, as long as they execute well it could end up being good. I'm reserving my judgement until I get the whole picture (although I'm not holding my breath for SelvariaXWelkin ).
Old 2009-05-22, 03:22   Link #17
Darknemo2000

yezhanquan, true, but again you also have to know limits of those changes too. You cannot change too much or else it would loose a lot of things that made original popular. So far, at least for me, it feels like animators do not feel those limits and are changing too much thats why this anime ratings are not as good as one could expect.
Old 2009-05-22, 03:39   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
mm.. can't wait for the Welkin and Alicia development episode.. you know, where they're alone in the forest.. (just played that part in the game today..)
I have faith that we'll see in animated. Don't see why they'd go and screw around with one of the main plot's of the story, i mean they haven't done anything like that at all yet. All they've added is a bit of drama here and there to build up future events.

So yeah, have faith!

As for the other topic, it all goes down to want people wanted. I didn't want just a copy adaptation of the anime, where's the fun in that? We've already experienced the story, and i'm all for what the anime can bring. It brings new scenes (like Sqaud 7 members interacting, and Faldio backstory next week) that we'd never see in the game, and for that i'm very thankful. Sure they've changed a few things, though it's nothing huge at all.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-05-22 at 05:13.
Old 2009-05-22, 05:27   Link #19
Darknemo2000

Shiroth, personally I find the possible changes in Isara's subplot big enough. And if you think that the anime does better not being the copies of the original is better, then how can you explain the fact that those that are copies usually does so much better on the market than those that alter things quite a bit.

I would say that a lot of people want to see what they like animated and its usually original is what they like, so when they start changing things a negative reaction comes. Sometimes too strong though, but you always feel your limits and the way VC is doing right now I think that anime creators are loosing those limits and it may come down to VC anime being one of the failures of this season. Hopefully it won't be so though.
Old 2009-05-22, 05:52   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And if you think that the anime does better not being the copies of the original is better, then how can you explain the fact that those that are copies usually does so much better on the market than those that alter things quite a bit.
Since when do i care? I'm just giving my opinion on what i want to see, it has nothing to do with how well the show sells.

I personally have already said that i don't want a complete copy from the game, though with that said i don't think they're changing much at all. They're just changing the path that leads upto it. That i believe is the problem some people are having with the changes --- they've got it into their head that they'll change just about anything. I don't believe that to be true.

I still think we'll see
Spoiler for game spoilers/future events of the anime: