AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 01:12   Link #61
D-FireX

You know for some reason when they first introduced Amagai, I thought he was going to turn out to be Aizen in disguise or someone who works for him. Hmm maybe it was because their names sounded slightly similar or the calm and polite atmosphere that surrounded them both (before Aizen revealed his true nature). Anyways it seems betrayal is a key theme in Bleach. Every arc involves one scheme of betrayal after another or so it seems.
Old 2008-09-11, 01:16   Link #62
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

It makes you wonder how soul society can function under yama's control
Old 2008-09-11, 01:17   Link #63
astrallionheart

Amagai is basically the Bleach version of Lelouch. Except in Lelouch of the Rebellion Amagai would be just the opposite side of Yamaji, there would be no "hero" or "villain"; both who legitimately believe in their positions, protect what they treasure and end up stepping on other people on the way.

But in a fighting show, you've always got a last boss. Having the hero side with the lesser of two evils and acting like it was the easiest choice ever with zero remorse...Ichigo chose to side with order over chaos without a second's thought, without seeing the irony that he was looking from the other side only a little earlier. Would it mattered if Yamaji and Amagai both murdered a million babies? No, Amagai hurt my friend Lurichiyo...so you are wrong, I WILL DEFEAT YOU. HAH!

The humorous thing is that, asside from some details, Amagai is basically having his own parallel arc as Ichigo's Rukia Rescue Arc. The difference is, Amagai doesn't have someone to save him like Ichigo had Aizen. If Aizen had never shown himself as the true villain, what would have happened? All our intrepid heroes would have been executed. The rebel always gets crushed by the hammer of order. It's not about right or wrong, its about the right to be right, and that only belongs to the establishment.
Old 2008-09-11, 01:36   Link #64
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
he came damn close to skewering the princess though lol.
Flower-type attacks don't affect lolis. Everyone knows that!
Old 2008-09-11, 02:18   Link #65
Lunarskylar

i lovee unryuu's voice, like haha
this is the first bleach ep since grimm vs ichi that i;'ve watched twice
woww amagai plays yugioh
his arm is the zanpakuto version of ginzo >.<
Old 2008-09-11, 03:00   Link #66
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i lovee unryuu's voice, like haha
this is the first bleach ep since grimm vs ichi that i;'ve watched twice
woww amagai plays yugioh
his arm is the zanpakuto version of ginzo >.<
First Code Geass now Bleach making references to Yu-Gi-Oh...?
Old 2008-09-11, 03:17   Link #67
Defiance
The Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Wow, what a stupid looking bankai
LOL... yh what a crap bankai, just a change of clothes and a zanpakuto...oh wait isnt Ichigo's the same???
Old 2008-09-11, 03:21   Link #68
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
LOL... yh what a crap bankai, just a change of clothes and a zanpakuto...oh wait isnt Ichigo's the same???
Apparently his bakkoutou doesn't negate Ichigo's bankai speed. You can still see him shunoing away lol. Some good GTs should do the trick.
Old 2008-09-11, 06:36   Link #69
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I always wandered if Ichigo is able to learn those flashy "number 56 way of destruction..bla bla" spells as a substitute shinigami.... i mean, he cant use them or is just too lazy to learn how to?

I think what that bakotou negates is burst of power that comes from the enemy's zanpatou. It doesnt take away the users own energy so killing him with a sword is totally possible.
Old 2008-09-11, 06:46   Link #70
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I always wandered if Ichigo is able to learn those flashy "number 56 way of destruction..bla bla" spells as a substitute shinigami.... i mean, he cant use them or is just too lazy to learn how to?
Theoreticaly he should be able to since he's every bit shinigami as everyone else (except his real body is still alive). But shinigami learn kidou in shinigami academy and I don't think Karakura highschool has an exchange program with them
Besides, he would probably suck at kidou as bad as Renji... the numbskull brothers.
Old 2008-09-11, 06:58   Link #71
Mashda2k6

hahahhaha @Enryuu's voice

Sucks that Amagai can't avenge his father, that's a good reason too...
Old 2008-09-11, 07:50   Link #72
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Amagi shuusuke bankai reminds me too much of Siegfried from the soul calibur game, i cant believe they couldn't come up with a better bankai, its practically the same as his shikai but bigger and more powerful. anyway i dont find him fitting enough to be used in the storyline, still ichigo just had to come and ruin a damn well good fight where we get to see the old dude in action...grrrr
Old 2008-09-11, 08:16   Link #73
Jerseykid

Yeah I would love to see Ichigo learn Kido. Makes me wish they started him younger just so he could learn more when he got this age. If only to make the fights more interesting and some kind of depth.
Old 2008-09-11, 11:00   Link #74
ipernorris

I think guys are mistaking ss with good and hueco mundo with evil. In general it's true, but we should keep in mind and shinigami top dogs are a bunch of heartless bastards who only care for the apparence and the obsessive respect of the rules.
I'm referring to Central 46 above all, but Yamamoto isn't an exception either: we saw how much heartless and selfish they are in Diamond Dust Rebellion, in this Amagai filler, in the Bountou filler and in Rukia's arc as well... there are lots of reference to this kind of behaviour in the manga as well, but I can't tell too much otherwise I'll spoil the manga plot.
With such an attitude it's only natural for SS to have tons of enemies...
Old 2008-09-11, 11:16   Link #75
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

I think Amagai has a good reason also...but i guess he is gonna get his ass handed to him when Ichigo uses the mask...i wonder who is gonna see? And there reaction to it... I wounder if SS outlaws abilities like that? since u know the whole Vizards story...but i knew they were not gonna fight?
Old 2008-09-11, 11:23   Link #76
Casshern

This story is BS and Genryusai is getting alot of flak because of some poorly writen filler. What happened with Aizen was understandable. But to be tricked by the Kasumi-Ouji and then Amagai? Gimme a break...

Supposedly he knew about the bakoutou from 50 years ago but allowed the Kasumi-Ouji to keep making them because he had no solid proof. So after not giving a damn about the issue for all this time finally some proof lands in his lap, thanks to Amagai, and he's able to act against the Kasumi-Ouji. Apparently he just didn't care all that time *shrug* It makes perfect sense...

Then you have Amagai. "When I joined shinigami academy I changed my name and told 'em I was from Rukongai". Wow, really? So basically Aizen, Gin and Tousen can just grow a beard, stroll into seireitei and tell everyone "hey, we're just a bunch of nobodies from Rukongai. We wanna become shinigami". Forget absolute hypnosis, all you need to do according to these scriptwritters is to wait a few years and change your appearance a bit.
Old 2008-09-11, 11:33   Link #77
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Then you have Amagai. "When I joined shinigami academy I changed my name and told 'em I was from Rukongai". Wow, really? So basically Aizen, Gin and Tousen can just grow a beard, stroll into seireitei and tell everyone "hey, we're just a bunch of nobodies from Rukongai. We wanna become shinigami". Forget absolute hypnosis, all you need to do according to these scriptwritters is to wait a few years and change your appearance a bit.
Well to be fair nobody knew there was a son in the first place. So Amagai changing his name was only to hide his association with his father. Basically there was no need to put a red flag out looking for Amagai because his existence was unknown.
Old 2008-09-11, 11:39   Link #78
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I think guys are mistaking ss with good and hueco mundo with evil. In general it's true, but we should keep in mind and shinigami top dogs are a bunch of heartless bastards who only care for the apparence and the obsessive respect of the rules.
I'm referring to Central 46 above all, but Yamamoto isn't an exception either: we saw how much heartless and selfish they are in Diamond Dust Rebellion, in this Amagai filler, in the Bountou filler and in Rukia's arc as well... there are lots of reference to this kind of behaviour in the manga as well, but I can't tell too much otherwise I'll spoil the manga plot.
With such an attitude it's only natural for SS to have tons of enemies...
Central 46 were all murdered by Aizen...so they have no relevance to this arc
Old 2008-09-11, 11:46   Link #79
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Central 46 were all murdered by Aizen...so they have no relevance to this arc
I was talking in general and I referred to Central 46 AND to Yamamoto. My point was that the SS leadership is selfish and hearthless, caring only for the appearance and respect for useless rules, so I listed some examples.
Now you come out of nowhere writing a thing even a five year old kiddo knows?
Old 2008-09-11, 11:49   Link #80
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Well to be fair nobody knew there was a son in the first place. So Amagai changing his name was only to hide his association with his father. Basically there was no need to put a red flag out looking for Amagai because his existence was unknown.
Yeah, fair enough. I did consider it but still... For example Hisana had to abandon Rukia and kept her existance a secret, therefore noone knew about her. But Kisaragi was living together with Amagai (Amagai sais his father "was late coming home that night"), there must have been plenty of people, especialy in Kisaragi's squad, that knew about Amagai.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, weekly episode discussion