Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 17:26   Link #161
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Spoiler for Linked to Sin actual site + yt preview:

I think the last fig is delayed? Speaking of figs a lot of the good samurai girls ones are either japan only or already sold out .
Yup, definitely my fav from the 7.
Old 2013-05-03, 17:41   Link #162
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I kind of wonder why the translation of Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls stopped on Baka-Tsuki, the translator hayashi_s most likely had personal or real life situations so I respect that if that is the reason or maybe the Light Novel was a bit too much fan service and not enough story? Just curious.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:57   Link #163
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
^Amakusa shiro tokisada.Sexy isn't she?

She's not really a general.I blame the anime for the confusion
Seriously she's the type who disliked males in general (pun intended) and like to see herself as a "general" even though she knew she can't be one.
I'm surprised at how they have so many images. Animepaper.... minus the fact they put they're own personal bloatmark. They want you to pay them to to grab pics. Its a good site to browse I guess?

Didn't she get re-sealed, or something of that sort? I remember the dark samurai "disbanded."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I kind of wonder why the translation of Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls stopped on Baka-Tsuki, the translator hayashi_s most likely had personal or real life situations so I respect that if that is the reason or maybe the Light Novel was a bit too much fan service and not enough story? Just curious.
Translators have a similar life span to slime. Majority of the translators get alienated, get tired or just quit cause its too annoying. Fan-translating is demanding. Maybe he started it disliked the series and quit? In the end its better to learn and read it yourself cause its "their" own personal interpretation.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:00   Link #164
bumbayker

Quote:
It's possibly because Hobby Japan originally planned to release it in english when they announced it almost 3 years ago and BT didn't see any point of working on it at the time. But there still hasn't been any news since from HJ and it seems like the plan was either cancelled or at least majorly delayed.

I don't think its too much fanservice or not enough story is the issue either. Light novels such as High DxD use a lot of fanservice and use it as basis for its plot. Its really boils to what the fan translators want to prioritize since they pretty much do all the work for free.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 14:46   Link #165
msg

Quote:
Quite beautiful, does she become a master samurai in the Novel.
No she didn't and probably never will...she hate the idea of she being winged by a general .She's probably thinking egoistically "who needs men anyway i'm powerful enough and got means to be a general myself " kind of thinking...

Quote:
I'm surprised at how they have so many images. Animepaper.... minus the fact they put they're own personal bloatmark. They want you to pay them to to grab pics. Its a good site to browse I guess?

Didn't she get re-sealed, or something of that sort? I remember the dark samurai "disbanded."
yup you're right i got this from animepaper
Actually you can buy/download those images (or digital contents) from amazon jp.Amazon japan/HJ japan offered that services.The dude likely download those from amazon jp and upload it to animepaper and at the same time earning some digital monies.I think you can buy the untranslated digital ln volumes up to vol.7? from amazon jp

You gotta separate and treat the anime and ln as two different things
There's no sealing and resurrection in the ln.The only "resurrection" they have in the ln is when the original samurai souls or spirits is being infused inside those girls' bodies - thats all.The context and meaning of "resurrection" from the anime is totally different from LN

more about amakusa:

She disguised herself as one of the tokugawa's princess and take on the alias of the name yodogimi.The second pics is where she manipulate jyuubei souls using her dark magic

Last edited by msg; 2013-05-09 at 11:23.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 16:16   Link #166
Miraluka
Banned

What kind of magic is that ?!

0_0
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 16:33   Link #167
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What kind of magic is that ?!

0_0
Lesbian Sex Mahou! Or maybe shes secretly the Samurai Girl's version of the nine-tailed fox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
yup you're right i got this from animepaper
Actually you can buy/download those images (or digital contents) from amazon jp.Amazon japan/HJ japan offered that services.The dude likely download those from amazon jp and upload it to animepaper and at the same time earning some digital monies.I think you can buy the untranslated digital ln volumes up to vol.7? from amazon jp
hm.. Unless hes a admin he probably wouldn't be getting any money. You mean the digital versions of the novel? They're usually cheaper than the print version. But digital novels have wacko drm that sometimes doesn't work properly~ the only downside to animepaper is the site puts a weirdass mark on everything uploaded on the site.. so even if you hace enough "papers" to download it the image usually comes out pixaled or something weird. I'm guessing they stretch the image to make it larger.
Old 2013-05-05, 09:32   Link #168
debrr07
AniMeLOveR

How are the Seven Deadly Sins (girls) characters related to Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls ???

-Lucifer
-Asmodeus
-Leviathan
debrr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 12:30   Link #169
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrr07 View Post
How are the Seven Deadly Sins (girls) characters related to Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls ???

-Lucifer
-Asmodeus
-Leviathan
They were designed by the same artist Nishii/Niθ and are own by Hobby Japan. Beyond that they have nothing in common.
Old 2013-05-05, 13:00   Link #170
debrr07
AniMeLOveR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
They were designed by the same artist Nishii/Niθ and are own by Hobby Japan. Beyond that they have nothing in common.
Thanks

I though they were part of the story
debrr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 13:12   Link #171
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrr07 View Post

-Lucifer
-Asmodeus
-Leviathan
Its part of a collaboration between orchid seed and hobby japan to make 7 limited edition figures based off the seven deadly sins. Other than that its not related. They might become part of Queen's Gate, but at the current moment Orchid is having problems pumping out the figures. The only thing they have in common is the artist.
Old 2013-05-05, 14:18   Link #172
bumbayker

Quote:
Its part of a collaboration between orchid seed and hobby japan to make 7 limited edition figures based off the seven deadly sins. Other than that its not related. They might become part of Queen's Gate, but at the current moment Orchid is having problems pumping out the figures. The only thing they have in common is the artist.
Orchid Seed was originally suppose to manufacture all 7 Deadly Sins figures for HJ. But in the end they would only make 4 of them (Lucifer, Asmodeus, Mammon, Satan) and the rest by AMAKUNI (Leviathan, Belphegor, Beelzebub). It was expected at first that all of them would be exclusive but that wasn't the case when Lucifer turned out to be a standard release.
Old 2013-05-08, 14:33   Link #173
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
It's just a teaser project and the translator has said himself that Unbreakable Machine Doll project has much more priority for him.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 15:24   Link #174
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
It's just a teaser project and the translator has said himself that Unbreakable Machine Doll project has much more priority for him.
So nobody else wanted to pick it up after he dropped it? That's sad.
Old 2013-05-09, 11:43   Link #175
msg

Just found out about this -

Take a look at the four armour giants and...

http://s16.postimg.org/dz4xjvld0/614435.jpg

...compare this to their helmets

^Tokugawa's four heavenly kings/queens (from left to right)
Honda Tadakatsu (white?), Sakai Tadatsugu (green) , Sasakibara Yasumasa (blue), Li Naomasa (red)

edit:So apparently those armours is like full metal alchemist alphonse.They extract the souls from the girls and temporarily put them inside the armour so they could control them like an experiment....
Old 2013-05-10, 15:32   Link #176
TDream

Quote:
Maeda Keiji

I finally got my Nishii artbook from my local post office today. I would have gotten it 3 weeks ago if it weren't for their fucking incompetent courier didn't send me my claim form. Despite the long delay it was well worth the wait.
Is she going to be Muneakira's Master Samurai?
TDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:30   Link #177
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDream View Post
Is she going to be Muneakira's Master Samurai?
If you watched this week's episode of the anime she most likely won't be, willingly that is. I don't know though if Keiji's personality in the anime is true to the light novel or if she became a master samurai. If she did become one she would be quite overpowered.

msg, can you please shed some light into this?
Old 2013-05-14, 12:33   Link #178
Drkz

Gisen so lewd~
Old 2013-05-30, 19:08   Link #179
msg

Quote:
If you watched this week's episode of the anime she most likely won't be, willingly that is. I don't know though if Keiji's personality in the anime is true to the light novel or if she became a master samurai. If she did become one she would be quite overpowered.

msg, can you please shed some light into this?
^ Keiji maeda born in yonezawa (i think). She know naoe since small but she's not close with her until later part of the vol.She's a bit older than naoe.her adopted? father is an important figure working under tokugawa's bakufu.She was force to go/transfer to buou (by her father? and the academy) to help train/assist the girl students and the student councils of the ki energy as part of the deal.If not keiji previleges will be revoke.One of the main reason is to prevent force contracts by the boys side and also not be easily to be put into curse by spells, enchantment, etc.The ki acts some some sort of a barrier base on their will.
When she arrive at the dojo she was suprise to see naoe over there and already form a contract with muneakira.Even though she hates boys in general , she took the liking of muneakira and the rest of the girls and decided to join them out of her whim.me thinks she join muneakira group is because of jyuubei and she's also curious about amakusa since the group had met her and her group in the past .

super brief summary of the volumes:

Vol 1 - 2 - Muneakira arrival to buou/dojo, jyuubei, sanada/matabei, sen/hanzo, yoshihiko/nia
Vol 3 - 4 - yoshihiko's assasination attempt, gisen, yoshihiko's dojo attacks, sasuke, nia, students politics and councils, yui shosetsu, amakusa,
Vol 5 - 7 - maid's cafe, toyotomi faction, amakusa's 4 makai senshi-s, muneakira's assasination attempt, gisen joining muneakira's group
Vol 8 - 10 - hunt for amakusa, tenkai/amami group, keiji maeda, student councils, tokugawa yoshihiko underground tech group
Vol 11 - 14+ - Amakusa's curse, cyber bio experiments, four heavenly kings/queen, sen's curse, katsunaga mori

the toyotomi faction girls:

Chosokabe Morichika

note wikipedia got it wrong.They put it motochika instead of morichika

Akashi Takenori or her christian name joan

Mori Katsunaga

Brief story about them.
The got manipulated by amakusa to assasinate yoshihiko and muneakira.

p.s i'm still not sure whether that cover of vol.14 is sen or mori
Old 2013-05-30, 19:30   Link #180
Drkz

I feel like if you got rid of all the male characters in this series it could potentially be another Queen's Blade .

Tags
gender bender, harem, romance, samurai girls, seinen, shounen