AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 06:06   Link #621
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

And if you want, you could become a editor and edit it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 06:11   Link #622
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
dealing with a two-faced character like Akatsuki. What he does and what he thinks are two different things.
Two faced character? That means Akatsuki is a hypocrite type?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 11:13   Link #623
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
two-faced - marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another

It usually has a negative connotation, but not always. With Akatsuki, he usually acts like a jerk or pervert to get what he sees as the best outcome for other people.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 15:01   Link #624
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
He kind of hates himself (because of Leon and his kid sister), so he purposely plays the bad guy because he doesn't believe he deserves to be a hero.
Old 2012-10-17, 05:34   Link #625
chancs

Quote:
How do you sign up as an editor?
Create your account on BT (if you don't have) and write your name under the "Editors" on the main page of the series.

Format will be [[User:your user name|your user name]]

If you decide to be an editor there, then thanks beforehand
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 05:38   Link #626
chancs

Quote:
two-faced - marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another

It usually has a negative connotation, but not always. With Akatsuki, he usually acts like a jerk or pervert to get what he sees as the best outcome for other people.
By being ignorant and pervy, others underestimate him. Remember his first fight in the anime with that delinquent in the anime ?
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 13:49   Link #627
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Create your account on BT (if you don't have) and write your name under the "Editors" on the main page of the series.

Format will be [[User:your user name|your user name]]

If you decide to be an editor there, then thanks beforehand
Thanks. I do have an account but I wasn't sure if I should just go ahead and put my name there or if I had to ask somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
By being ignorant and pervy, others underestimate him. Remember his first fight in the anime with that delinquent in the anime ?
Your point? I already knew that. Besides, I don't think Akatsuki ever acts ignorant. Pervy, yes.

EDIT: I went over the prologue again, but it seems most of the mistakes had already been cleared up. Or maybe that's just perception. Still fixed a few though. I'll go over it again later.

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-10-17 at 15:21.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 16:15   Link #628
Ghanw
(-_-)

I will be joining once i get my computer fixed.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 03:47   Link #629
csuree
The Most Hated™

uhh sorry to bother you i read a few pages.. from this thread but i did not find any concusive info about where could i read this light novel (in english)..can you provide me some info about it?

i watched the anime and i loved it so i would read it too past the events where the anime left off.
Old 2012-10-20, 03:49   Link #630
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

There is none.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-10-20, 06:33   Link #631
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

To be honest, I think Hagure Yuusha's biggest weakness is actually it's art. I don't think there's anything wrong with the artist in terms of skill, but the publishing company used the wrong artist. The style of the art is simply just wrong for a harem or romance series. The girls are either plain or ugly in my opinion. I think this is part of the reason why there's such a low anime sale. It would be a whole different story if someone like Miyama Zero was in charge of it. I know because at first when I saw the cover of the LN, I was turned away, and only read it later on because there was nothing else to read.Another flaw of the anime was the fact that it only covers up to twelve episodes(I'd say the most boring part of the series). If it covered the Otherworld arc, it would have been much interesting.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 09:52   Link #632
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I actually completely disagree with you about the art. I love it and think it's appropriate for the comic. It has a serious, almost a very tiny bit of a "Lodoss" vibe to me. It's more "serious" than other art that has "cute" or "moe" designs, that's for sure.. The rugged style fits with the characters as well.. I'm trying to imagine SAO or Mahouka style art for this light novel and I'm not sure it works..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 14:32   Link #633
blackwhite67
Banned

@Houkoholic: Can you tell us more about Akatsuki's history with Zahark before that whole Dr. Phil episode? I recall that he once ran away from Zahark.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:06   Link #634
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
@Houkoholic: Can you tell us more about Akatsuki's history with Zahark before that whole Dr. Phil episode? I recall that he once ran away from Zahark.
Not much was told as it was just a mere footnote in the story - it's just said that when Akatsuki with Listy Zacks and Lu during their adventures were once asked to investigate some missing warriors at Black Mountain which is a place were all the demonic beasts - including Zahark which is king of all those beasts - lives. They didn't originally plan to fight Zahark at all but unfortunately still ran into it, exchange some blows and ran away, that was all.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:18   Link #635
blackwhite67
Banned

When Akatsuki fought Hikami, considering all the hax abilities you said Hikami had from using Myuu, why didn't Hikami just one shot Akatsuki? It sounded like Hikami could have won immediately, or was Hikami just toying with Akatsuki like some cliche villain.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 04:30   Link #636
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
When Akatsuki fought Hikami, considering all the hax abilities you said Hikami had from using Myuu, why didn't Hikami just one shot Akatsuki? It sounded like Hikami could have won immediately, or was Hikami just toying with Akatsuki like some cliche villain.
Hikami was gauging the power level using Akatsuki and the others as a measure as he had to regulate how much of Myuu's power he can/should draw in fear of the system going rampage.
Old 2012-10-24, 03:38   Link #637
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

And then he lost. How many fights did Hikami fought against Akatsuki ?

Old 2012-10-24, 05:13   Link #638
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-24, 05:23   Link #639
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Spoiler: