AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 13 [TV End] Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 24.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 22.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-29, 14:20   Link #21
Kakurin
大佐

I was a little surprised by their approach here, but I do think it is legitimate. Following the LN line would be a little bit inappropriate because of the lack of episodes. Furthermore, they still can include some contents in the final three.

By the way, Kirino calling Kyousuke "onii-chan" sounds really unfamiliar.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:29   Link #22
DevG

The final 3 Episodes... Man I dont even know how I will survive until then. 50 days, DA ME. I guess until then, Im going to try to become as amazing as Kirino! Start running, Studying, .... Modeling (Not really).

Anyways, nice episode in all. Glad they paced it well, considering theres only 3 episodes left.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:44   Link #23
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Episode almost felt like it had enough closure to end the series, not bad. Kirino's perspective is always a mystery so doing the episode from her point of view works well.

Obviously it's not over but like the original seasons TV end this one has that same feel at the end except for the lingering question of who Kyousuke is in love with raised by the last episode.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:47   Link #24
finalfury
Incognito

At the very least, people can't really complain that Kirino is a Mary Sue or something unless I got the definition completely wrong since she was never originally perfect at "everything she did".
Old 2013-06-29, 14:48   Link #25
kentasaiba

What? There are people who HATE Kirino?
Old 2013-06-29, 14:49   Link #26
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
I'd imagine the entire population of Kuroneko shippers

of which there is many.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:50   Link #27
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Don't know what to think about this episode. I thought it is going to be a heart touching episode. But most of the time I was only laughing. At some point it really felt stupid and too rushed.
This time I can't say that I agree. I never felt it was rushed, especially compared to the last one. As for expectations, I certainly expected an incorporation of more elements of Volume 11, but I also felt that at some point an episode out of the perspective of Kirino was necessary and this was delivered here. It was a nice end for the TV part. A final assessment of the content of this episode can't really be made until we know what and how the last three episodes will be.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:53   Link #28
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
This time I can't say that I agree. I never felt it was rushed, especially compared to the last one. As for expectations, I certainly expected an incorporation of more elements of Volume 11, but I also felt that at some point an episode out of the perspective of Kirino was necessary and this was delivered here. It was a nice end for the TV part. A final assessment of the content of this episode can't really be made until we know what and how the last three episodes will be.
Maybe I had too much expectations of this episode that is why I felt dissapointed about some parts.

Well you are right here: 'A final assessment of the content of this episode can't really be made until we know what and how the last three episodes will be'

Old 2013-06-29, 14:56   Link #29
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Maybe I had too much expectations of this episode that is why I felt dissapointed about some parts.

Well you are right here: 'A final assessment of the content of this episode can't really be made until we know what and how the last three episodes will be'

Honestly, with this episode, a lot of my faith has been restored and I believe that there is a 70% chance that they won't mess up the next three episodes.
Originally, I believed that there was a 20% chance that they wouldn't mess up.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-29 at 14:59. Reason: off-topic
Old 2013-06-29, 15:13   Link #30
Wilshere

Really enjoyed this episode as it is narrated from Kirino's POV. First part was touching,second part was hilarious with Kirino and her eroge, I LMAO at all her interactions and the end is just like the beginning. Started with ''life counseling'' and ''ended''(well, there will be 3 more episodes but for a TV end just like S1) with more ''life counseling''. Manami can be considered as mini-villian here especially when Kirino demanded her ''cool'' brother back,and what was her answer: ''Da me'' with a smile,lol?
Old 2013-06-29, 15:25   Link #31
Solafighter
Hige

After watching the scene before the intro, I found it kinda fishy and noticed.... I downloaded the wrong episode!
Old 2013-06-29, 15:31   Link #32
kentasaiba

Mannami is Yandere?
Old 2013-06-29, 15:32   Link #33
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I'd imagine the entire population of Kuroneko shippers

of which there is many.
I agree, looking at some comments on 4chan and other places. Kuroneko shippers are the ones who hate her the most .
Old 2013-06-29, 15:37   Link #34
finalfury
Incognito

This episode reminded me why people get annoyed with clingy people. Watching Ro-Kyu-Bu before this episode was a bad decision on my part. :/
I think this anime proves that characters don't have to have interesting backgrounds to be likable, their personality needs to be likable and/or endearing and can be cliche.
Old 2013-06-29, 17:04   Link #35
User68604
Disabled By Request

i'm team Kirino but I can see what Manami was trying to do

she's their childhood friend; it only makes sense for her to try and get Kirino to understand (im talking way back when they were kids) that blood brothers and sisters cannot ever be together romantically. Manami does have a younger brother after all.

regardless, I'm watching this show because it's fictional and I'm hoping for the wincest ending. At least one character has to rise up in protest against that sort of pairing.
Old 2013-06-29, 17:27   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Their attempt to manipulate the audience into liking Kirino was pretty poor. They even turned Manami into some sort of villain in order to make her appear as a sympathetic victim. I might have bought it if Kirino's reason for hating her brother wasn't so pathetic. She started to ignore him and abuse him (which they conveniently left out of the episode. Sorry my memory isn't so bad that I forgot how horrible she was to him) all because he didn't meet her ridiculous expectations. He remained a very good brother all the way throughout, but she didn't care about that, she wanted HER ideal Kyousuke. Who cares what he himself want, right? Poor girl, she couldn't have a flawless onii-chan. She was a misunderstood little angel all along!

Yeah, no. This confirms it. Kirino is/was a bitch. She never once tried to understand Kyousuke. It was always all about her.

The second half of the episode was at least amusing. And it's good that Kirino has finally accepted her brother for who he was. It took her a really long time to come around though, as well as a lot of effort on Kyousuke's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
It wasn't all that long ago that she was voted the most hated character of the year on animesuki.
Old 2013-06-29, 17:29   Link #37
Wilshere

Lol did anyone notice Brock from Pokemon min 16:30?
Old 2013-06-29, 17:37   Link #38
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Their attempt to manipulate the audience into liking Kirino was pretty poor. They even turned Manami into some sort of villain in order to make her appear as a sympathetic victim. I might have bought it if Kirino's reason for hating her brother wasn't so pathetic. She started to ignore him and abuse him (which they conveniently left out of the episode. Sorry my memory isn't so bad that I forgot how horrible she was to him) all because he didn't meet her ridiculous expectations. He remained a very good brother all the way throughout, but she didn't care about that, she wanted HER ideal Kyousuke. Who cares what he himself want, right? Poor girl, she couldn't have a flawless onii-chan. She was a misunderstood little angel all along!

Yeah, no. This confirms it. Kirino is/was a bitch. She never once tried to understand Kyousuke. It was always all about her.

The second half of the episode was at least amusing. And it's good that Kirino has finally accepted her brother for who he was. It took her a really long time to come around though, as well as a lot of effort on Kyousuke's part.

It wasn't all that long ago that she was voted the most hated character of the year on animesuki.
Spoiler for Contains vague comparative references to the LN:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-29 at 17:46. Reason: Added spoiler tags just to be safe
Old 2013-06-29, 17:41   Link #39
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I think that's a rather extreme reading (borne out of no small degree of resentment/frustration). I don't think this episode was ever intended to portray her as some sort of innocent victim who was never wrong or anything. Quite the opposite: her narration at the end in particular highlights the way she herself acknowledges that she was mistaken about her expectations for Kyousuke, and how the brother she admired didn't actually exist after all. I don't really see any effort to justify what she did, only to show where she was coming from. Have to remember that she's 3 years younger than Kyousuke, so her recent "down-to-earth" realizations (like her failure at Track) are still sinking in. He was an over-achiever who had a rather abrupt fall from grace, and she became an over-achiever chasing her memory of him, and had to learn too that she's not invincible. It's only now, approaching the end of the story, that she can appreciate him for who he truly is because she's growing up.
Old 2013-06-29, 17:43   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The actual problem is that for what has been shown to the audience, Kirino's attempt to "convert Kyousuke back to her ideal brother" is next to nill.
The show always has been quite thorough with the abuse Kirino has done thus far, and frankly, past the "cold period" between the two, none really made a move whatsoever to make up.

What actually worsens anime audience perception is that whereas Kyousuke was always ready to help Kirino whenever a whim or issue arise, the opposite didn't occur one bit until... very far, as far as the whole deal with Kyousuke and Ruri.
I dare say: how do you expect Kyousuke to "understand" Kirino if the latter just can't stop dishing out such obnoxious facade with little to no gratitude whenever something has been cleared out?
Kirino arguably never missed a chance to trash talk Kyousuke even in front of her friends (which is frankly not exactly the most pleasant experience) and even go as far as hitting him for ridiculous reasons thorough several months. That's arguably more akin to some loathing feeling to a certain degree than really some frustration.

It is even worse when Kyousuke is "worth" praising for his help (such like when he stood out for her sake against their father) she basically don't even mention anything about that, save a minimalistic "thank" at best, without any mention of "looks like you are back to what you really was" or something.
I don't think the episode was made to absolve Kirino by any mean, although I think this flashback comes way too late.