AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-10, 17:38   Link #1
ByakuyaKuchiki

Need an anime similar to

Need a good anime similar to some of the following stories. Doesn't have to fit all of them(that would be impossible as some of these are quite different), but similar to some of the ones I will list below.

Overall I prefer a series where they actually go out for a long time in the anime, like in peach girl/kare kano/kare first love/doubt. And I don't consider the last few episodes to fit this category, needs to be early on like within the first 10(for a 20-26 ep anime)

Also as far as fantasy type romances like zero no tsukaima/etc, they are fine, but I really prefer more of a "real life" setting. Stuff like Da Capo with hints of magic is fine but I've came to really like school-life romances more than magical ones. The only real exception is if the romance is the main focus of the show. The only real exceptions would be something like Gundam Seed(only gundam I really liked so far, in fact, I loved it) or full metal panic.

This list is not all of the romances I have seen, just ones I liked more than others, so try to recommend something similar to some of the ones listed.

Peach Girl
Kare First Love
Doubt
Lovely Complex
Suzuka
Kare Kano
Aishiteruze Baby
Lamune
Da Capo
Final Approach
Onegai Teacher(didn't like twins)
Ah! My Goddess!
Love Hina
Shuffle!
Tokimeki Memorial
Full Metal Panic

Although I would prefer one that wasn't quite so heavy on the drama like suzuka/peach girl. But as long as it has a good ending then its fine, just warn me ahead of time if it is going to be drenched with it.

If you recommend something let me know which it resembles the closest, and please recommend more than one! I feel like I am running out of good romance animes. I don't feel like watching the huge list of action/thriller/psychological/horror/etc animes I have piled up till I watch a few more romance.

Edit: One last thing! Please don't list ongoing animes! I don't like the suspense of waiting for new episodes in romances. I am already watching some of the newer ones and decided to stop and wait till they are finished. So please only list completed series.

Last edited by ByakuyaKuchiki; 2008-01-10 at 17:49.
Old 2008-01-10, 21:09   Link #2
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So you want an anime where the main couple goes out for a good amount of episodes? Sounds like Bokura ga Ita to me.
Old 2008-01-11, 14:56   Link #3
ByakuyaKuchiki

anymore besides bokura ga ita?
Closed Thread