AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-05-08, 06:33   Link #2141
Xacual

Kinji doesn't know that about Shirayuki. Also I thought the SSR was mentioned. Also kind of too much spoiler for the general discussion topic.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 06:41   Link #2142
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To put it simply, were they more confident with this series, it wouldn't be a 1 cour spring show. But they did cast the Queen Bee herself, so they must at least expect it to be zero no tsukaima level of 'success', as oppose to poor Ookami-san last year.
It will be lucky to brake even atm. 117 points for being solicited since the 16th April is pretty bad.. something like SKET DANCE is already upto 82 points and that got solicited on the 6th of May. Denpa Onna which started the same night as Aria is upto 194 points (and gaining momentum), and of course AnoHana is upto 2,807. Just to put into perspective for vol 1s...

Tiger & Bunny = 3695
AnoHana = 2807
Steins;gate = 1405
Gintama (DVD) = 619 (and this score is worth more on DVD than on bluray)
Hanasaku = 468
Denpa Onna = 194
A Channel = 155
Nichijou = 140
Aria = 117
Ao no Exorcist = 105
SKET DANCE (DVD) = 82
Ao no Exorcist (DVD) = 79

Tiger and Bunny, AnoHana and Gintama are the only ones that will sell over 10k per volume for sure.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-05-08 at 06:52.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 06:53   Link #2143
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I consider HSS or hysteria mode as a body acceleration move and not super natural move yet.
I really think Kinji ought to start up a delivery service once this is all over.

"Kinji's Same Day Delivery", if you want a package hand delivered the same day, hire him. He has the capability to be unhindered by traffic, and he can see to it that fragile items will never be destroyed. Payment is in Hentain Doujins, preferably the hardcore ones enough to excite him.*

*Certain restrictions apply. See Aria the boss for details. Not available in all areas. Size dimensions allowed should be no larger than a shoe box, because Kinji is only human and the service you pay for is speed, not superhuman strength. Clients must be 18 years or older due to the content of payment, female clients get free service.

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 07:03   Link #2144
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Lack of foreshadowing in the adaptation part. At least show that supernatural abilities have been existing.
Honestly, as someone who does not read the light novels (and is only reading snippets from the Wiki @_@), these things appear as an asspull.
i dont see why it's a big deal, i mean what do you expect long boring exposition explaining that these things exist? and its light by supernatural standards, i mean how do you know her hair wasnt modified with SCIENCE! and considering hysteria modes existence whats been show in ep 4 is that much of a far cry
Old 2011-05-08, 07:07   Link #2145
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It will be lucky to brake even atm. 117 points for being solicited since the 16th April is pretty bad.. something like SKET DANCE is already upto 82 points and that got solicited on the 6th of May. Denpa Onna which started the same night as Aria is upto 194 points (and gaining momentum), and of course AnoHana is upto 2,807. Just to put into perspective for vol 1s...

Tiger & Bunny = 3695
AnoHana = 2807
Steins;gate = 1405
Gintama (DVD) = 619 (and this score is worth more on DVD than on bluray)
Hanasaku = 468
Denpa Onna = 194
A Channel = 155
Nichijou = 140
Aria = 117
Ao no Exorcist = 105
SKET DANCE (DVD) = 82
Ao no Exorcist (DVD) = 79

Tiger and Bunny, AnoHana and Gintama are the only ones that will sell over 10k per volume for sure.
Is that pre-order? I haven't watch tiger and bunny yet so I don't know.
Old 2011-05-08, 07:15   Link #2146
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^^Not really Index felt as random as this one despite pseudo-explanations, that themselves made no sense anyway.

I guess the studio's formula of adaption action LNs with cute girls gradually degrades...

Shana S1 > Zero S1 > Shana S2 > Index S1 > Zero S2 > Aria > Railgun > Zero S3 > Index S2

Maybe they should take a step back from their formula, it has grown repetitive during the past 5-6 years, and the source material quality degrades with time by nature.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 07:19   Link #2147
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I consider HSS or hysteria mode as a body acceleration move and not super natural move yet.
Kinji's only supermove at the cost of his arm is that supersonic strike while in HS mode
Old 2011-05-08, 07:22   Link #2148
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Kinji's only supermove at the cost of his arm is that supersonic strike while in HS mode
but you know that "that move" is still not considered an "ability move" still super human move. But still different in super natural realm in this series.

Index will fry your brain to find a scientific explanation about the esper ability move. While you don't need that in the ability users in HnA.
Old 2011-05-08, 07:33   Link #2149
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^^Not really Index felt as random as this one despite pseudo-explanations, that themselves made no sense anyway.

I guess the studio's formula of adaption action LNs with cute girls gradually degrades...

Shana S1 > Zero S1 > Shana S2 > Index S1 > Zero S2 > Aria > Railgun > Zero S3 > Index S2

Maybe they should take a step back from their formula, it has grown repetitive during the past 5-6 years, and the source material quality degrades with time by nature.
my point is they dont have to waste time explaining every tiny detail regarding the origin of their powers thats ridiculous to expect from a show with 12 episodes at some point you have to suspend your disbelief, i just dont think we need to apply so much scrutiny to anime

and i disagree i think ZnT S2 was better than one, there was a lot more at stake, and by formula you mean stop adapting this kind of LN into anime? why should they? i rather like it
Old 2011-05-08, 07:40   Link #2150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

That's funny, I specifically recall JC Staff also making shows like Kaichou wa meido-sama, Otome Youkai Zakuro, Toradora, Milky Holmes, Bakuman etc etc that doesn't follow this formula you speak of, and all of these show aired in-between or along side these action series Light Novels.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 07:42   Link #2151
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Is that pre-order? I haven't watch tiger and bunny yet so I don't know.
Yeah it's preorders and it's only for amazon but this amazon stalker points system they have set up is pretty accurate for most shows. Only the blockbuster hits that rank in the top 10 seem to be overestimated.. some shows can perform above expectations like Star Driver and Milky Holmes did a few seasons ago... but for the most part it's a pretty good guide to how well an anime is going in regards to sales.
Old 2011-05-08, 07:48   Link #2152
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
a show with 12 episodes
Now there's your problem. This is the main gripe I had with the adaptation of Hidan no Aria: the lack of episodes. That's why I'm anxious about how this is handled; the fact that this series only gets one cour is a telltale sign that Hidan no Aria is going to be a throwaway.

I'll still continue to watch Hidan no Aria, but now with a cautious eye. Honestly, I haven't been this skeptic of a series adaptation, even while I have finished Ookami-san.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 07:57   Link #2153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Now there's your problem. This is the main gripe I had with the adaptation of Hidan no Aria: the lack of episodes. That's why I'm anxious about how this is handled; the fact that this series only gets one cour is a telltale sign that Hidan no Aria is going to be a throwaway.

I'll still continue to watch Hidan no Aria, but now with a cautious eye. Honestly, I haven't been this skeptic of a series adaptation, even while I have finished Ookami-san.
Zero no Tsukaima had only 12 episodes in the first season and it went on to produce two more (albeit, pure evil) seasons.

Likewise, having 24 episodes doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 07:58   Link #2154
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
So Infinite Stratos which has sold 37,000 copies of the first volume is a throw away? AnoHana which is on track for prob 20,000+ is also a throwaway? Ignore the fact that it got 12 episodes for it being a throwaway, look @ the horrible production values (which are awful compared to IS and AnoHana) instead. If the show was a success it would've received multiple sequels of 12 episode series....
Old 2011-05-08, 08:04   Link #2155
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I just judged based on the plot of Hidan no Aria itself. Can J.C. Staff really pull off three volumes in twelve episodes and made it a decent adaptation or turn it into something similar to Toaru Majutsu no Index II?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-05-08, 08:14   Link #2156
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So Infinite Stratos which has sold 37,000 copies of the first volume is a throw away? AnoHana which is on track for prob 20,000+ is also a throwaway?
Wow IS sold 37K in first volume? didn't expect that. Well it's a good fun time show.

But why was HnA consider a throwaway project. They wouldn't get a good staff if it's meant to fail.

I have no idea on Index II sales too so I don't know.

from the projects done of JC staff. At least HnA wasn't turn into fan service show like ZnT. I was sad on that adaptation. But HnA is a bit problematic adaptation for me too. Because the adaptation. Lacks the foreshadowing setting unlike in the novel.
Old 2011-05-08, 08:22   Link #2157
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Zero no Tsukaima had only 12 episodes in the first season and it went on to produce two more (albeit, pure evil) seasons.

Likewise, having 24 episodes doesn't necessarily mean anything.
come on season 2 was great even better than the first, and while there was waaaaay too much padding in season 3 it wasnt THAT bad

I dont think Aria is a throw away project, no company invests the amount of money it takes to make an anime just to have it fail, especially not in this economy, and you especially dont cast one of the more well known voice actresses, they must have some faith in the project
Old 2011-05-08, 08:25   Link #2158
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I checked the staff list and WTF. That's why Episode 1 feels too much like Shana.

Old 2011-05-08, 08:27   Link #2159
Shadow6543

Quote:
I checked the staff list and WTF. That's why Episode 1 feels too much like Shana.

what are you on about? its nothing like Shana
Old 2011-05-08, 08:32   Link #2160
tsunade666

Quote:
why? I wasn't familiar with the names of people behind the scenes except for the studio. So I don't get it.

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere