Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-01, 11:06   Link #3461
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
yeah that's exactly what I meant *I just can't explain myself thanks for doing that for me Nyu *...

we all know that when it comes to love, tsukune is going to end up with moka... I love rosario+vampire but it's kinda tiring, all these shows, finishing the same way when it comes to love...
I'd just love to see some change...
something completely unexpected happening
I don't know, whenever a manga ends 'unexpected' the fans go riot in sadness cause of the main lead choosing the second or even third popular character (e.g. Ichigo100%) , leaving important aspects, like the romance part unsolved (e.g. School Rumble) or an important character up to the main lead dying (i'll refrain from an example, the wound is still fresh ). Given the overall positive nature of manga readers the 'unexpected' would mostly mean something bad, that is if one's not an uber angsted emo, although it should be mentioned there are plenty of pleasant exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'm probably the only one here who prefers these predictable love things- in these cases, since I already know the end, I enjoy the ride there

Hence why I read to see how Tsukune copes with all things, and the means to getting to the end
Same here i guess, you're not alone
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:30   Link #3462
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Hmm, well you do have a point (I confess I didn't like Ichigo 100%'s ending...) but still... there it wasn't that predictable.. he was really confused about it...

here, though, we all know he loves moka right? that's why I'd like something unexpected to happen.. even if it was just a temporary thing like tsukune being confused and thinking he liked someone other than moka and in the end he realized it's moka he likes... something like that..

I guess that what I mean here is that, the end may be what we all expect but at least it could be unexpected for a bit.. *jeez I'm confusing even myself... I'm really not good at explaining myself*...

ok let's say he started dating mizore now.. so we'd all think he'd end up with mizore if they were really in love with each other and all lovey-dovey right? and then, he ended up with moka due to a certain chain of events.... see, if that happened, even if we expected it from the begining, it wouldn't really be expected at that time cuz we had our opinions changed from when he started dating mizore right?

not sure if I explained it correctly, I'll just hope you understand

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 13:40   Link #3463
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

How far behind are we now? I read somewhere they are on Book 9 but we are only still on Book 2 (translated)?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 13:49   Link #3464
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Hmm, well you do have a point (I confess I didn't like Ichigo 100%'s ending...) but still... there it wasn't that predictable.. he was really confused about it...

here, though, we all know he loves moka right? that's why I'd like something unexpected to happen.. even if it was just a temporary thing like tsukune being confused and thinking he liked someone other than moka and in the end he realized it's moka he likes... something like that..

I guess that what I mean here is that, the end may be what we all expect but at least it could be unexpected for a bit.. *jeez I'm confusing even myself... I'm really not good at explaining myself*...

ok let's say he started dating mizore now.. so we'd all think he'd end up with mizore if they were really in love with each other and all lovey-dovey right? and then, he ended up with moka due to a certain chain of events.... see, if that happened, even if we expected it from the begining, it wouldn't really be expected at that time cuz we had our opinions changed from when he started dating mizore right?

not sure if I explained it correctly, I'll just hope you understand
I do understand and it sound pretty intruiging but this way total couple war would errupt here and other . Anyway it's not to common for a harem series to have the male lead change his favorite girl. For relationship based turns and twists shoujo mangas are the way to go according to my still humble experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
How far behind are we now? I read somewhere they are on Book 9 but we are only still on Book 2 (translated)?
Season1 of the manga has 10 volumes while Season2 there are only 11 chapters so far which shouldn't be more than one finished volume.
Old 2008-10-01, 13:53   Link #3465
Midonin
Last Engage

Each volume of R+V has four chapters, so 11 chapters is enough for almost three volumes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 14:19   Link #3466
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I do understand and it sound pretty intruiging but this way total couple war would errupt here and other . Anyway it's not to common for a harem series to have the male lead change his favorite girl. For relationship based turns and twists shoujo mangas are the way to go according to my still humble experience
yeah I know that... that's exactly why I wanted to see something different... I know that shoujo mangas are the ones which have twists sometimes but even so... I don't know, I'm like Rika from Higurashi right now..

as she says:

"I don't like preestablished arrangements.
I hate predetermined schedules.
I don't have love for boredom."

it's just that.

Old 2008-10-01, 14:43   Link #3467
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well if Tsukune could learn the Shadow Clone technique then we'll have a good end. Though if some sick plot twist he turns 100% vampire and becomes evil he might become the Demitri cover I posted long time ago.
Old 2008-10-01, 14:57   Link #3468
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well if Tsukune could learn the Shadow Clone technique then we'll have a good end. Though if some sick plot twist he turns 100% vampire and becomes evil he might become the Demitri cover I posted long time ago.
Haha let's hope he learns kage bunshin then

Old 2008-10-01, 15:28   Link #3469
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
vol 3 comes out oct 7 . too bad they're only every 2 months, februrary 09 is still a long way off .

Quote:
Haha let's hope he learns kage bunshin then
then rasengan (wo the clone) and get some 9 tails chakra to add to the vamp blood.

Last edited by X207; 2008-10-01 at 15:39.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 15:44   Link #3470
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
then rasengan (wo the clone) and get some 9 tails chakra to add to the vamp blood.
now that'd be an interesting twist
that's what I'm talking about yeah

Old 2008-10-01, 16:14   Link #3471
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
now that'd be an interesting twist
that's what I'm talking about yeah
personally i find that chidori would fit his vamp personality more. though all these twist really twist the story off-course.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 17:08   Link #3472
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

And the force... he gotta be Jedi of course, oh and what about some pokemon , couldn't we add some of those little buggers to his arsenal? Wait, now i got it, he's a far descendant of Bruce Lee, that's gotta be it - Now serious guys cut the crap
Old 2008-10-01, 17:09   Link #3473
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*chuckles* when he starts dressing in red and packing Jackal and Joshua and starts mumbling 'Control Art Restrictions to Lv 3' before he fights, I'd start running.
Old 2008-10-01, 19:11   Link #3474
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Man I'm so confused at the Volume numbers since R+V started over with Season 2 with a new publisher. So all we are missing is SE2 Chap12 then? (For Scantalations)

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:19   Link #3475
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Indeed, but, are the raws for ch12 out yet?
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:13   Link #3476
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... for the ones who wanted something unexpected to happen, the term you're looking for here is drama

I don't mind that too much, but drama leads to tragedy far too much in my opinion ( or at least, in things I've seen recently- those wounds are still pretty tender)

and those wondering about the chapters- we have the 10 volumes of Rosario + Vampire Translated, which were in one magazine that died, so now we have 11 chapters of what's called Season II in Jump Square out, and we're awaiting Ch.12 from japan itself

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:21   Link #3477
Dark Mage

I agree with Magin all the mangas I have read recently with a little bit of drama in tem all ended in tragedies and they still hurt so I definitely dont want that in this manga.Its better to be a bit boring than a sad ending, like Tsukune doesnt get togethher with Moka, Moka dies, Tsukune loses his last bit of Sanity and Moka has to kill him, or he lives in the human world for good forgetting about Moka completely or he just choses to remain as friends with all the girls which would suck big time! However what I hate the most are open endings so I just hope this one doesnt go for an open ending
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:27   Link #3478
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Open endings are just barely better than tragic ones in my opinion

and right now, with us all knowing that Tsukune's going to get Moka, that's not what keeps me interested- it's how Tsukune deals with his Vampiric side that keeps me reading. I really, really don't want too much drama in this, because I don't want to feel all depressed when this thing ends- I recently went through one of those (via Code geass's ending), and it SUCKS.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:58   Link #3479
Dark Mage

For me it was Elfen Lied
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:07   Link #3480
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I read stuff like Rave Master and all - if I want stuff that depresses me, I'd just watch the news or something.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire