AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-26, 01:35   Link #1261
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Can anyone confirm this:

http://www.japanator.com/the-disappe...ow-13712.phtml
Old 2010-02-26, 01:37   Link #1262
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocus View Post
See the previous page. It isn't disappearance.
Old 2010-02-26, 01:41   Link #1263
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
See the previous page. It isn't disappearance.
Yeah, just noticed that the webpage changed it. False alarm.
Old 2010-02-26, 22:05   Link #1264
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Mostly my tip was because I was trying to remember if there was an official announcement (though my memory is embarrassingly awful around here) and realized that a lot of recent news items were scattered in those threads, and the best way to catch up on them all is to check them all out.

But, no, I don't think there was any kind of official announcement. The closest I can remember is the posting of announced showing dates. I think it may have been...ultimatemegax who posted it? I know he's been posting a lot of info about the movie.

Ah, here he says that some theaters say they'll start showing the movie in late March, and here he has found where some theaters say they will begin showing the move in April. I'd say we're looking at end of April, early May at least for the last theater showings, especially if sales remain decently strong, to keep the incentive to show the move that long after it began playing in the main regions.
Thanks again

Seriously, I'm considering flying to JP to watch Disappearance. Is anyone here interested too?
Old 2010-02-26, 22:12   Link #1265
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Thanks again

Seriously, I'm considering flying to JP to watch Disappearance. Is anyone here interested too?
I've seriously thought about it, but waiting for it to come to DVD/Blu-ray is worth more than the amount of money I'd blow on a plane ticket currently. The only weekend I'd prefer to go would be this weekend due to the film bookmarks being given out.

There is a theatre in Ishikawa that is showing the movie in May, but that's the latest I've seen. I'm beginning to think my original prediction of a release on DVD in August is too early now, so I cannot guess as to when it'd be released.

As for your signature, wait about two more weeks when the next NewType is released. We're supposed to be getting more details about a live event on April 4th in C.C. Lemon Hall in that issue and I have a sinking suspicion it may be number 2.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-26, 22:20   Link #1266
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
As for your signature, wait about two more weeks when the next NewType is released. We're supposed to be getting more details about a live event on April 4th in C.C. Lemon Hall in that issue and I have a sinking suspicion it may be number 2.
Live event on April 4th? It would be perfect if I can watch both this and Disappearance in one trip!

btw, since I've changed my signature, I think I should let others know we're talking about Gekisou 2

Last edited by netvope; 2010-02-26 at 22:34.
Old 2010-02-27, 09:54   Link #1267
roankun
Tsundere Lover

the haruhiist in me is going nuts...
it's almost been a month... still no news on when the dvd's gonna be released?
Old 2010-02-27, 09:57   Link #1268
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Nope. But honestly, you can't really expect to have a release-date after a mere month. Heck, it took over half a year before the second Rebuild of Evangelion-movie got a release-date. (And it STILL hasn't been released... I'M ANNOYED!)
Old 2010-02-27, 10:59   Link #1269
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Geez, dude... Show some patience. The movie's still in theaters. It's barely been out for 3 weeks. No way are you going to get a BD release date until it's at least out of theaters.
Old 2010-02-27, 11:29   Link #1270
Rungelunge

I won't forgive Kadokawa if they release this movie only in DVD.
It looks so awesome bluray is a must.
Old 2010-02-27, 15:03   Link #1271
Leo Keichi

The chances of them not releasing the movie in blu-ray are close to zero. Blu-ray is already more popular than DVDs in Japan now, if I'm not mistaken. But the companies like to release the DVD versions first, I don't know why.

Last edited by Leo Keichi; 2010-02-27 at 15:20.
Old 2010-02-27, 15:07   Link #1272
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
The chances of them not releasing the movie in blu-ray are close to zero. Blu-ray is already more popular than DVDs in Japan now, if I'm not mistaken. But the companies like to release DVD versions first, I don't know why.
You just said the reason why. BluRay is more popular. Therefore, soak in the extra sales from double dippers who want a product as soon as possible, and then release the higher quality afterward.
Old 2010-02-27, 15:11   Link #1273
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You just said the reason why. BluRay is more popular. Therefore, soak in the extra sales from double dippers who want a product as soon as possible, and then release the higher quality afterward.
Right.

It preys on the hardcore fans that can't choose between getting the product as soon as possible, or waiting for the higher visual quality product. Those fans will do both if the DVD is released before the Blu-Ray.
Old 2010-02-27, 16:31   Link #1274
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Right.

It preys on the hardcore fans that can't choose between getting the product as soon as possible, or waiting for the higher visual quality product. Those fans will do both if the DVD is released before the Blu-Ray.
They probably will release a Blu-ray and a DVD version at the same time because Blu-rays sell much better than the DVDs in Japan at the moment. I think the DVD-only release of S2 really hurt the sales and K-on! and Bakemonogatari wouldn't have been so successful with a DVD-only release. This probably surprised many.

A very sucessful home video release needs a Blu-ray version and perhaps it might be more sucessful than Bakemonogatari but I doubt that it would reach Evangelion 2.22 sales.
Old 2010-02-27, 16:44   Link #1275
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
They probably will release a Blu-ray and a DVD version at the same time because Blu-rays sell much better than the DVDs in Japan at the moment. I think the DVD-only release of S2 really hurt the sales and K-on! and Bakemonogatari wouldn't have been so successful with a DVD-only release. This probably surprised many.

A very sucessful home video release needs a Blu-ray version and perhaps it might be more sucessful than Bakemonogatari but I doubt that it would reach Evangelion 2.22 sales.
I think a lot of fans were not pleased that the 2009 episodes were only on DVD (though it makes sense since BR wasn't available in 2006 for the other 14 episodes) and are holding out for a 28 episode BR box much like KANON and Clannad got from KyoAni. Thankfully the movie is a separate entity and as such it'll likely be out on both versions.

I agree that Evangelion will likely be the top seller in anime movies for a while, but I think Haruhi will get up there with the success of this movie in theatres.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-27, 18:57   Link #1276
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I hope that Disappearance won't take as long as Evangelion 2.22 till it hits home video. Unfortunately, Haruhi probably wasn't sucessful enough here in Germany to get into one of the film festivals. The only one that would show such a movie based on a series is the Animotion festival that runs in Bonn while the convention Animagic takes place. Unfortunately, the magazine, which organizes the convention, didn't like Haruhi very much...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-02-28 at 13:39. Reason: removed off-topic
Old 2010-02-27, 19:50   Link #1277
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I agree that Evangelion will likely be the top seller in anime movies for a while, but I think Haruhi will get up there with the success of this movie in theatres.
If the Haruhi movie goes straight to Blu-ray it's going to do very well. It will be interesting to keep track of the Frontier movie as it's similar performance in the cinema should give a good indication of how the Haruhi movie is going to do. The sales won't be anywhere near NGE levels but that show has far greater mainstream exposure so it's not really a fair comparison.

Not sure why there was no simultaneous release of the first and second season of Haruhi on BR. K-on! proved that a fairly average show without spectacular animation can do very well as long as it's promoted and has an immediate BR release. I doubt it's a problem with the resolution as both TSR and Kanon got the full treatment.

Hmm, maybe the movie will only be available on BR as part of a boxed set with seasons 1 and 2. Now that would be a stunt, and they are crazy enough to do it
Old 2010-02-28, 11:05   Link #1278
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
Blu-ray is already more popular than DVDs in Japan now, if I'm not mistaken.
Blu-ray is only more popular for the popular series (K-on!, Bake). For other series, sales are around par at best.
Old 2010-02-28, 12:32   Link #1279
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Not sure why there was no simultaneous release of the first and second season of Haruhi on BR. K-on! proved that a fairly average show without spectacular animation can do very well as long as it's promoted and has an immediate BR release. I doubt it's a problem with the resolution as both TSR and Kanon got the full treatment.
My guess is that they're holding off to do some touch-up work (and hopefully complete reanimation for some of BLR and E8) on the 2009 episodes like they did between the 2006 airings and their DVD releases. The resolution on the 2009 episodes may have been higher than with the 2006 episodes (HD vs SD), but in many ways the 2009 animation was clearly inferior, and nowhere near as polished overall. (INB4 Kaisos) They could also be remastering 2006 (instead of just a standard upscale) for a "full-season" release, possibly to coincide with the Disappearance BD release.
Old 2010-02-28, 15:38   Link #1280
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Not only you. I also considered to fly to JP just to watch Haruhi movie. But in the end, it was just futile dream. But anyway, I can't wait for the dvd/blu-ray rip
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen