AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 01:10   Link #421
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It looks like the only launch title I'll get is Lego Star Wars III (and Zelda when it releases).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:29   Link #422
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
It looks like the only launch title I'll get is Lego Star Wars III (and Zelda when it releases).
It seems like different regions will be getting different launch games. Just wanting to make sure, but won't you be able to get Zelda on release day, sir?

All I know is that it comes out release day here.
Old 2011-03-11, 01:30   Link #423
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It looks like the only launch title I'll get is Lego Star Wars III
Is that just a re-release? I'm not sure because i've never played any of the Lego games properly.
Old 2011-03-11, 02:19   Link #424
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Lego Star Wars III is an entirely new game: it's subtitle is "The Clone Wars."

Link to the official 3DS website (I don't know if it is different outside the US).

If Zelda is a launch title when I get my 3DS, then sold!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 03:55   Link #425
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lego Star Wars III is an entirely new game: it's subtitle is "The Clone Wars."

Link to the official 3DS website (I don't know if it is different outside the US).

If Zelda is a launch title when I get my 3DS, then sold!
I received an e-Mail from Nintendo that claimed the games on the list will be launch titles; it seems like some of them say "Available 2011" now, so I'm not sure.

Sorry I can't be more certain.>.>
Old 2011-03-11, 09:35   Link #426
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

As far as I know Zelda is a summer release.

I would also recommend getting Lego Star Wars, the lego games are surprisingly good fun.

Altho I only get them when they are pre-owned, DS is the only system I like buying pre-owned games as cartridges have less things to go wrong with them.

Totally forgot about Kid Icarus and Star Fox 64, ones to look out for.

Also wondering what FF titles will be planned for 3DS or guess more to the point what JRPG titles we'll get.
Old 2011-03-11, 12:22   Link #427
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Legend of Zelda: OOT remake is a June release for outside of Japan. No information regarding it being released in Japan have been said yet. Crazy, i know.

Regarding Kid Icarus, also played a demo of that last weekend and had such a blast with it. The 3D works so well along side the gameplay. I wish it was a launch game release!
Old 2011-03-14, 04:40   Link #428
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Say, I've done a little reading on Face Raiders, and not sure if there are other Gameboy Camera owners here, but it really reminded me of that Invaders game in the GB Camera. Glad to see that implemented again
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 13:58   Link #429
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Say, I've done a little reading on Face Raiders, and not sure if there are other Gameboy Camera owners here, but it really reminded me of that Invaders game in the GB Camera. Glad to see that implemented again
I had one. It was sure fun to put real heads on minigames
I'm sure I will play a lot with camera games and Augmented Reality cards
However I don't know what launch title to buy yet. Pilotwings looks fun (I enjoyed it on SNES) but too short. Maybe Lego Star Wars which surprised me when I tried it last month. Otherwise I still have Pokemon White.
Old 2011-03-21, 17:56   Link #430
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

They should use these giant AR cards as ads for games.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 18:10   Link #431
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Looks like those fearing the 3DS' battery wasn't good enough were right: Cradled by inadequacy: the 3DS battery put to the test.
Old 2011-03-21, 18:46   Link #432
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, that's a tad unfortunate.

Though, I don't intend to play that many 3DS games to begin with for awhile, still got so many DS games themselves that need beating first~
Old 2011-03-21, 22:18   Link #433
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Looks like those fearing the 3DS' battery wasn't good enough were right: Cradled by inadequacy: the 3DS battery put to the test.
Not a problem at all. Rather, I feel it is fine if you got 2 hours.
In the first place, if you got so many hours to waste on a trip, take a nap or something... Come to think of it, it might help prevent some people from overplaying on long trips and inspire them to do other stuff.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 00:45   Link #434
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah 2/3 hours for a 3DS game isn't that bad. As long as it's not like that when playing just DS games, then i'm cool.

Speaking of that, seeing as though the 3DS is region locked, is it the same for the DS games? Just wondering because i have friends here who have US DS games, and shall be getting the 3DS this Friday.
Old 2011-03-22, 07:28   Link #435
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah 2/3 hours for a 3DS game isn't that bad. As long as it's not like that when playing just DS games, then i'm cool.

Speaking of that, seeing as though the 3DS is region locked, is it the same for the DS games? Just wondering because i have friends here who have US DS games, and shall be getting the 3DS this Friday.
From what I hear, the system itself isn't region locked, just the games are. Seeing as DS games are from before that time it should work.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 11:08   Link #436
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
From what I hear, the system itself isn't region locked, just the games are. Seeing as DS games are from before that time it should work.
Yeah that's what i thought, though just wanted to make sure. Thanks.
Old 2011-03-22, 14:52   Link #437
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The more often you have to recharge your battery, the faster it wears out and eventually dies. So yes, it is a problem.

Not everyone is comfortable with taking a nap in public. Especially if the long trip isn't on the same vehicle.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:03   Link #438
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Whilst the battery might be some concern, I'm rather deeply affected by the 3D effect.
The console was available a bit during a belgian anime con this week end, and despite I don't have much issue with monitor screen / 3D in general (being able to get through hours of these), I just couldn't hold more than 10 minutes with the 3DS with its parameter to max with Super Monkey Ball.

My biggest gripe with this feature is that it takes some "concentration" to adapt yourself with the 3D. That would be fine if it was just when you are starting a game, but when you have to switch your focus on the bottom screen often (due to menus etc), it is just extremely tiresome for the eyes over few instances: it is just even more taxing your stamina, as you have to keep your concentration in check, forcing you to barely "gaze" at the bottom screen.
No idea if it is a generalized issue or if I'm just too sensitive to this, but I can't see myself playing this thing more than 30 minutes, unless other games aren't as eye screwing as SMB.

As for the console in hand, it isn't bad at all in term of size and weight. It doesn't look any more or less sturdy than a DS lite / DSi.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:21   Link #439
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Whilst the battery might be some concern, I'm rather deeply affected by the 3D effect.
The console was available a bit during a belgian anime con this week end, and despite I don't have much issue with monitor screen / 3D in general (being able to get through hours of these), I just couldn't hold more than 10 minutes with the 3DS with its parameter to max with Super Monkey Ball.

My biggest gripe with this feature is that it takes some "concentration" to adapt yourself with the 3D. That would be fine if it was just when you are starting a game, but when you have to switch your focus on the bottom screen often (due to menus etc), it is just extremely tiresome for the eyes over few instances: it is just even more taxing your stamina, as you have to keep your concentration in check, forcing you to barely "gaze" at the bottom screen.
No idea if it is a generalized issue or if I'm just too sensitive to this, but I can't see myself playing this thing more than 30 minutes, unless other games aren't as eye screwing as SMB.

As for the console in hand, it isn't bad at all in term of size and weight. It doesn't look any more or less sturdy than a DS lite / DSi.
Well I know for looking at a big screen tv it can vary for different people, some can't sit for more than 30 or so mins in front of a big tv(usually 40" & +) but others are fine for hours and same goes for 3D movies/TV as well.
I'm guessing same should apply to the 3DS as well, one of them things that varys from people to people.
I know I'll take some time getting used to, I only played it for a few mins and def needs some getting used to.

We can be glad theres a slider and not just a on and off button, it makes for getting a good balance for your own eyes instead of pre-set settings.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:31   Link #440
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've worn glasses all my life, so originally i thought i was going to have problems with the 3DS. I've been fine with 3D movies, and thankfully the same can be said for the 3DS after i played a couple of games on it. Now that was only for about 10 minutes each game, so i might have a few problems with playing a game for a long period of time, though keeping in mind the battery life, that may never happen. Saying that, my time on the handheld will probably be spent playing all the DS games i need to catch up on from the past 2/3 years.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds