AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-12, 15:37   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Hawkins may not care but I bet Brownbeard didn't take his loss so well at all.
I very much doubt that Brownbeard would want anymore to do with the "worst generation" after this arc, to be honest. Remember, he fully acknowledged that ALL the supernovas were monsters. And considering it was Hawkins who got him sent to PH in the first place, it's very likely that another encounter would just get him sent to his grave, should they meet again.....
Old 2012-08-12, 17:19   Link #22
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Eustass kid: you know you have an anger issue when you need a serial killer to calm you down
Also, i never thought id see a marine vice admiral, a pirate and a shichibukai stand and fight together. I guess"epic" is the term for that.
On a side note: Kinemon for 10th member of the straw hats (crossing fingers).
Old 2012-08-12, 19:30   Link #23
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I'm kinda wondering what'll happen with Smoker once he returns. I mean, with Vergo having a higher position of power, his word can easily be taken over Smoker's. So Smoker will actually need some actual evidence that Vergo is taking part in all this...
Old 2012-08-13, 02:02   Link #24
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
On a side note: Kinemon for 10th member of the straw hats (crossing fingers).
I'd rather that doesn't happen (I personally think they have enough clowns and swordmans in the group) but it looks like it's heading that way.

Anyway, dont you guys think Kid's robotic arm looks kind of too sophisticated? I mean, seeing Oda's history of designing robot, he always pick the simplest form, similar to Akira Toriyama's style.
Old 2012-08-13, 04:41   Link #25
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I'm kinda wondering what'll happen with Smoker once he returns. I mean, with Vergo having a higher position of power, his word can easily be taken over Smoker's. So Smoker will actually need some actual evidence that Vergo is taking part in all this...
They are both of the same rank. Its just that given Smoker's reputation....its clear they'd side with Vergo over him.....

This is pretty interesting though. Kidd is forming an alliance with some of his rival Supernova, and Law is forming 1 as well. I guess the 2 of them must be looking to take on 1 of the Emperors.... and the 2 are having a race to see who gets there first.
Old 2012-08-13, 05:00   Link #26
ronin myael
lost ronin

and so the counterattack starts! finally!

sanji is hilarious as always. his perversion and audacity doesn't surprise me anymore.

it was nice seeing the supernovas again, especially kid and killer.

so it's a shichibukai, a pirate captain (and his crew) and a marine vice-admiral against a mad scientist, a doflamingo spy, a deadly gas-like creature and a harpy? this should be very interesting.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:19   Link #27
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
They are both of the same rank. Its just that given Smoker's reputation....its clear they'd side with Vergo over him.....
Vice Admiral Vergo is commander of the G-5 unit, Smoker is his subordinate (heading just a division in G5). It is likely that Vergo has been VA for longer than Smoker has and thus has higher seniority.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:36   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post

Pretty sure that's where Law comes in. He already told Smoker that Vergo losing his position would be to beneficial for him. And after all, since he also had a past with Doflamingo, he can easily back up Smoker with all kinds of inside info as proof of Vergo's treachery once they make the report to HQ. This basically boils down to what I said in a previous thread about how resolving the PH incident would help boost Law's rep as a shichibukai (you reading this, grey_1960? ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
This is pretty interesting though. Kidd is forming an alliance with some of his rival Supernova, and Law is forming 1 as well. I guess the 2 of them must be looking to take on 1 of the Emperors.... and the 2 are having a race to see who gets there first.

I still think it's more likely that all 5 crews will join forces in the end. I very much doubt that a measly 2 or 3 supernova crews would be enough to take down an emperor, especially when you consider that the marines had to exhaust just about ALL of their best soldiers just to hold off the Whitebeard pirates (a SINGLE emperor's crew)......

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-08-13 at 10:59.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:26   Link #29
Kona
Banned

There probably have some people in Mariejois we haven't seen yet so they haven't sent out all of their best.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:38   Link #30
marvelB

^Not my point. I'm saying that it's going to take a HUGE force to defeat an emperor's crew, and what better force could there be than a huge gathering of the top pirates from Luffy's generation? No matter how strong they may be on their own, a single supernova crew facing off against the full might of an emperor would just be plain suicidal.....
Old 2012-08-13, 10:40   Link #31
Kona
Banned

Well the Law and Luffy alliance might go for somebody different, why would they work with the others?
Old 2012-08-13, 10:44   Link #32
marvelB

^Maybe because they'll have a better chance of surviving with more allies?
Old 2012-08-13, 10:47   Link #33
Kona
Banned

Yeah they might but are they going after the same Yonkou. What happens after that but 5 might not be enough. Have to find out what the key is.
Old 2012-08-13, 11:08   Link #34
marvelB

Not to mention that another thing to consider is that, much like Whitebeard did, the other emperors could have a bunch of powerful NW pirate crews on their side, as well (remember, Law clearly told Luffy that surviving in the NW means to either oppose or side with the Yonkou). So I stress again: Do people seriously believe that it's so so simple to go to war against the rulers of the New World with such insufficient forces? It just goes to show that not only Law, but even Killer from Kid's crew had the right idea about the only plausible method to fight against these world-class opponents.....
Old 2012-08-14, 02:56   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Hell, even with all 11 Supernovas gathered and allied, taking down an Emperor is still a tough nut.
We're talking about forces so powerful, the mere idea of two Emperors allying up causes the World Government to run in panic and wet their pants.

The Supernovas are, in my opinion, slightly above the NW Captains allied with Whitebeard, and can hold their own against some of the Division Commanders.
And none of them are up there with Marco yet, who is on level of an Admiral.

I'd say Pekoms and the egg Baron are right up there with likes of Hawkins and Drake.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-08-14 at 03:15.
Old 2012-08-14, 06:39   Link #36
bonsobon

Deviating from the alliance talk for a bit, I'm suprised no one has mentioned this but how is Smoker able to move around? Did Law somehow steal his heart from Caesar and give it back to him? If so, when did he do it?
Old 2012-08-14, 09:45   Link #37
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Not to mention that another thing to consider is that, much like Whitebeard did, the other emperors could have a bunch of powerful NW pirate crews on their side, as well (remember, Law clearly told Luffy that surviving in the NW means to either oppose or side with the Yonkou). So I stress again: Do people seriously believe that it's so so simple to go to war against the rulers of the New World with such insufficient forces? It just goes to show that not only Law, but even Killer from Kid's crew had the right idea about the only plausible method to fight against these world-class opponents.....
Difference would be an all-out/declared war vs an unexpected swift strike/ guerrilla attack

You obviously need a HUGE force to take an emperor head on with a declaration of war.

But in "peace time", his entire force would not be with him all the time. If you can assemble an elite force, there is a chance of taking the emperor down during "peace time" when not all his allies and subordinates are with him. Assuming of course, you are even able to take down such a powerful person and with his still not-inconsiderable companions around.
Old 2012-08-14, 10:11   Link #38
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Deviating from the alliance talk for a bit, I'm suprised no one has mentioned this but how is Smoker able to move around? Did Law somehow steal his heart from Caesar and give it back to him? If so, when did he do it?
How's that confusing? We've known Smoker's body was able to move without a heart for just about the whole time Tashigi was swapped with him. She even pointed out HERSELF how odd it was function without a heart. Or did you forget that Law and Monet are ALSO moving around without hearts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Difference would be an all-out/declared war vs an unexpected swift strike/ guerrilla attack

You obviously need a HUGE force to take an emperor head on with a declaration of war.

But in "peace time", his entire force would not be with him all the time. If you can assemble an elite force, there is a chance of taking the emperor down during "peace time" when not all his allies and subordinates are with him. Assuming of course, you are even able to take down such a powerful person and with his still not-inconsiderable companions around.

But see, even as you said yourself, even a surprise attack on an emperor would still be an INSANELY difficult feat to pull off for a supernova-level pirate. For one thing, even the emperors themselves would practically be a one-man army (let's not forget that Whitebeard by HIMSELF nearly wrecked all of Marineford now, shall we? ). Hence why I keep saying that it's abso-freaking-lutely imperative for the supernovas togather together and form as large a powerful pirate army as possible so they can have the best chances of defeating a Yonkou, even if it's through a sneak attack.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
And none of them are up there with Marco yet, who is on level of an Admiral.
Hell, we don't even have to use Marco as an example. Jozu and Vista were both capable of holding off admirals and Shichibukai, as well. Now imagine if Big Mom's crew had guys on that level (and if Pekoms alone is any indication, she very likely does). You guys really can't be taking those emperors lightly....
Old 2012-08-14, 13:32   Link #39
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 667
That was a good chapter. Seeing Kidd, Appo, and Hawkins in the issue is good. Kidd's left arm is pretty cool. That must come in handy when there is no metal around to play with. I kinda expected the bounty to be larger for Kidd and Hawkins. Luffy was at least 400,000,000 before the two year time skip. Oda finally gave smoker his body back. There is vergo, monet, and CC on the other side.

Small size can also be an advantage
Just to let you know Marvel B Black Beard was no were near White Beard and he managed to get the WG and WB to fight each other and he replaced him has yonkou. He did it without an alliance. Second Hisoka?? brought up a good idea about guerrilla tactics. They work well against large groups. Look at vietnam and the American revolution. They are a proof that big size is not always a good thing. Second I think Luffy can hold his own against and admiral now that he has haki and he is stronger. I also think Luffy's haki is stronger then Marco or Vista's haki. I have seen only two people who has displaying haki use similar to Luffy, that would be Shanks and Rayleigh. Now the question is were does Zoro stand? I can't wait for Oda to put Luffy and Zoro to the test. That will be one interesting battle.
Old 2012-08-14, 14:29   Link #40
Rainbowman

I just thought of something: Since Kidd, Apoo, and Hawkins are here, we can find out what devil fruits they have if and when they make their move.
Closed Thread