Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-24, 17:31   Link #1
hejdar
I like anime.

Developing Romance

Yeah as the title says... I'm basically looking for a Romance series where the main couple's relationship actually develops as the series goes on. I'd prefer if the story takes place in a school environment! Comedy/action is fine as long as the main focus is on the romance, but no fantasy/magic! Ah right almost forgot the most important thing, the ending. It needs to be happy, else I'll be sad! Here's a few examples of series I've watched and enjoyed:

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
(PERFECT!)
Ichigo 100% (didn't like the ending, everything up until it was great though)
Midori no Hibi (Weak, but happy, ending. Story was nice and sweet and the main character kicked ass)
Great Teacher Onizuka (Great series, but not that much romance)
Fruits Basket (Very nice, but once again a weak ending, not that much romance either)

(The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) (Perfect series, but this time around I'm looking for something more than hints of romance. Just wrote it down to spare you the trouble of recommending it )

Well as you can see the perfect series would be something close (story-wise) to Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, which is my favourite Romance/Comedy series. But anything along the lines of what I've mentioned is cool. All suggestions appreciated!
Old 2007-02-24, 17:43   Link #2
jedinat

Onegai Teacher
Lamune

Last edited by jedinat; 2007-02-24 at 17:53. Reason: ?
Old 2007-02-24, 18:30   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I second Lamune.

Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~
Da Capo (both seasons)
Futakoi (Not sure if you are going to like the ending, but it is definitely happy)
For comedy/action/romance it does not get much better than Futakoi Alternative (Not related to Futakoi)
Canvas 2
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - very good, only 6 eps... only this one has quite a bit of drama.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2007-02-24 at 19:08.
Old 2007-02-24, 18:58   Link #4
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Asatte no Houkou ~ nice slice of life romance type with a twist (underrated)

tokimeki memorial only love ~ still airing nice harem type

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-24, 19:06   Link #5
hejdar
I like anime.

Fast replies with good suggestions, perfect! Thanks for all the suggestions, will be sure to check 'em all out!
Old 2007-02-24, 20:12   Link #6
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Gakuen Alice
Kodomo no Omocha
ouran high school host club
Petopeto-san
REC
Ginban Kaleidoscope - check out kaleido star and full moon wo sagashite, if you liked this or if you were disappointed with this one.

full moon wo sagashite --- well this anime isn't exactly happy, but the ending is "happy" maybe not if you wanted it end differently than what you wanted which you woudln't know since you haven't started to watch it, well it's a really good romance anime, but still i'd recommend it just because it's one of the best romance animes i've seen
Old 2007-02-24, 21:56   Link #7
cangri23_

Suzuka- is progress forward then backwards and forward again but is still good with good ending.
Kimi ga nozomu eien- romance with drama all rolled up into one.
Shuffle!- favorite anime in school setting with guy having to choose betwwen 4 girls and actually does make a decision so it does have a very good ending.
Yoake mae yori ruri iro na crescent love- school not main point but still good ending with comedy and romace and a little bit of drama.
Rizelmine
Kamisama Kazoku
Old 2007-02-24, 22:43   Link #8
Duckinator

I second Suzuka and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

The latter is not much of Romance actually, as in its not the typical Guy like Girl type. Its more of a Drama. It is about the struggles of 3 friends, and their dillemia between friendship, responsibility and love.
Old 2007-02-25, 00:34   Link #9
andromeda0201

Nodame Cantabile
School Rumble - not that much of a developed romance but...well
Bokura ga Ita
Karin
Peach Girl
Zero no Tsukaima
Old 2007-02-25, 01:11   Link #10
Wyrdwad

I'll second Kodocha/Kodomo no Omocha and Kamisama Kazoku, and I'd also like to add Welcome to the NHK to the list. It's quite nonstandard, and not really focused around romance at all, but it's still got some nice romantic undertones that develop as the series progresses, even if they ARE wholly dysfunctional. (:

Ooh, and you can NEVER go wrong with a Masakazu Katsura work. Video Girl Ai and DNA2 are available on R1 DVD, and I''s Pure is available in fansub, and any of the three would be PERFECT choices for you (especially I''s Pure, which is seriously intense!).

-Tom
Old 2007-02-25, 01:32   Link #11
4Tran

If you don't mind older shows, then shoujo romance is just the ticket. Stuff like Boys Over Flowers, Marmalade Boy and Kodocha would be good examples of this genre.

(Also, anyone who watches high school shoujo shows has to watch Oniisama E as well. It doesn't fit the original requirements very well, but it's required viewing all the same.)