AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-23, 16:25   Link #1021
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Indeed. I'm thinking it will be Kirame the one who points Nodoka's attention to Achiga.
Oh ho? That possibility hadn't occurred to me. Kiyosumi is only the other side of the brackets and all, but Achiga bumped into Saki and such, so I wouldn't be surprised should this angle be taken.
Old 2012-05-24, 15:17   Link #1022
teja208
Critical fanboy

Just curious. In the opening of Achiga-hen, right after the scene showing Akado losing ten years ago, there is a set of photos. Who are they?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 16:38   Link #1023
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I think they are the different pro mahjong commentators from what I remember?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 20:40   Link #1024
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Just curious. In the opening of Achiga-hen, right after the scene showing Akado losing ten years ago, there is a set of photos. Who are they?
All of them appeared in Saki manga.

- Kokaji pro The one who beat Harue and probably the one of mentioned strongest monster in Saki universe so far. Also, she and her friend who is announcer are doing commentator in side-b and semi-final round.
- Fujita pro who was the commentator in Nagano prefecture round.
- Old man is a commentator from Kagoshima (Read Saki chapter where three seed schools appeared for the first time)
- Girl in Kimono is a commentator in side-a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Indeed. I'm thinking it will be Kirame the one who points Nodoka's attention to Achiga.
If Nodoka is watching this/read match record of Semifinal round in Side a, I think she will notice both Kirame and Kuro (achiga).

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-05-24 at 21:05.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:18   Link #1025
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
- Kokaji pro The one who beat Harue and probably the one of mentioned strongest monster in Saki universe so far. Also, she and her friend who is announcer are doing commentator in side-b and semi-final round.
Sukoya's got the record for winning a championship nine years in a row (though this is alluded to have come after high school) so yeah, she's definitely got skill. However, do remember that she ALSO rebuts Kouko (her companion) that her achievements in the nationals when she was in high school can't be compared to the kids running around in present-day Saki.
Old 2012-05-24, 21:54   Link #1026
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
If Nodoka is watching this/read match record of Semifinal round in Side a, I think she will notice both Kirame and Kuro (achiga).
Last time we saw Nodoka in achiga-hen she was dreaming about Shizu and the others, and seemed to have no idea how close they were, so she's probably not watching. She will probably check the semifinal records after the match is done, being such a throughough semi normal player and all, but that means there's still a long way to go before she realizes.

Also, I imagine Kirame being kind of a foil to Nodoka.

"I never get down to zero points!"
"That's impossible! Everyone gets down to zero at least once"
"Show me how you get to zero then, Haramura-san"
"Uhhh, sure..."
A very forceful match for Nodocchi later
"Ok, maybe the laws of probability can allow such a small thing..."
"Wonderful..."
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 22:12   Link #1027
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Last time we saw Nodoka in achiga-hen she was dreaming about Shizu and the others, and seemed to have no idea how close they were, so she's probably not watching. She will probably check the semifinal records after the match is done, being such a throughough semi normal player and all, but that means there's still a long way to go before she realizes.
Actually Hisa kinda scolded her for not looking at the records before her match, so Nodoka isn't gonna have a damn clue until they make it to the finals, unless she watches them on TV.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 22:23   Link #1028
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Actually Hisa kinda scolded her for not looking at the records before her match, so Nodoka isn't gonna have a damn clue until they make it to the finals, unless she watches them on TV.
Ohhh, ok. Yeah, I know one of Nodoka's traits is that she only looks at the tiles, not the people, but considering its the nationals and all, I thought maybe... Dammit, Nodoka, realize already, or Shizu will surprise scissor you.

Also, that shows a hell of a lot of confidence, doesn't it? Now I want someone to rattle her even more.
Old 2012-05-24, 23:58   Link #1029
King-Slayer

Quote:
Ohhh, ok. Yeah, I know one of Nodoka's traits is that she only looks at the tiles, not the people, but considering its the nationals and all, I thought maybe... Dammit, Nodoka, realize already, or Shizu will surprise scissor you.

Also, that shows a hell of a lot of confidence, doesn't it? Now I want someone to rattle her even more.
Lol surpise scissor

I agree with you, i want someone to rattle her bad. At the end of Saki the preview did show she was shocked and stood up at the table.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:47   Link #1030
Marina2

Saki achiga-hen special chapter
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/katsu666/e/30e...41e064cff3e45f
Old 2012-05-25, 12:30   Link #1031
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Lol surpise scissor

I agree with you, i want someone to rattle her bad. At the end of Saki the preview did show she was shocked and stood up at the table.
The table? I do remember her getting pissed at Saki, but that wasn't at a table. I really do hope that happens, though, I'm tired of everyone and their lesbian lover praising Nodoka like a godsent while staring at her boobs.

@Marina2
Spoiler for Spoiler (kind of):
Old 2012-05-25, 14:04   Link #1032
King-Slayer

Quote:
The table? I do remember her getting pissed at Saki, but that wasn't at a table. I really do hope that happens, though, I'm tired of everyone and their lesbian lover praising Nodoka like a godsent while staring at her boobs.
I looked again and she didn't stand (my bad) but she was shocked. It was when they were showing Hatsumi and just before her fallout with Saki. And for the record i like Nodoka (now, I use to hate her) but you are correct.
Old 2012-05-25, 18:00   Link #1033
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Isn't that easy to do? All you have to do is take away her stuffed penguin.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 19:43   Link #1034
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Isn't that easy to do? All you have to do is take away her stuffed penguin.
Too easy. I want someone to wreck that robot like behavior she has on the table the hard way: pure unadultered ownage.

Saki going back to her old ways could work too, but I'd prefer to have someone school her in the table once and for all over a lovers' quarrel.
Old 2012-05-25, 21:31   Link #1035
custardpie

I didn't realize a manga thread existed. From now I should probably post here only since I can't tell my anime-only knowledge and spoiler knowlege apart

One thing I'm concerned about is how Achiga-hen will proceed from now on. We know that episode 8 of the anime will mostly deal with Tsuruga, Nurse Kei, and so on. That leaves 4 episodes for the semi-finals. (If I remember correctly, the anime was planned to be 12 eps total) Now, the manga already spent 3 chapters on the vanguard match alone and it still isn't over. Perhaps somehow Teru's consecutive wins might be put to a stop next chapter, but it still means a total of 4 episodes for the vanguard match...

Which means the anime could proceed thus:

1. Teru manages to eliminate one of the schools, thereby putting the semi-finals to an end. Most probably Senriyama - Toki may literally faint or she may end up getting ron'd by Teru many times now that she has lost her ability to foresee the future. Since Achiga is the next in scores, Achiga will proceed to the finals alongside Shiraitodai. This is a logically understandable way for the heroines to reach the finals.

However, this will be disappointing in some respects. First of all, Awai finished off the West Tokyo matches, which means that Teru was not able to eliminate any of the schools in the prefecturals. Of course, she might not have showm her full power, but Teru doesn't seem to be making too much of an effort here either. This is the semi-finals. It's supposed to be more difficult than the prefecturals... It's such a stark contrast to Kiyosumi who has strong opponents even in the quarterfinals. Also, we don't get to see the abilities of Shindouji or Shiraitodai or even much of Senriyama. And we all know Ritsu-sensei likes to make most of her characters.

2. Only two episodes are used for the vanguard match and the other episodes cover later matches. Shiraitodai eliminates one of the schools midway. This doesn't seem too likely, since we won't get to see Shizuno getting fired up, or Ryuuka exacting revenge on Toki's losses. This would be a nice way to keep Awai veiled until finals, and pace could be managed better.

3. Since I can't really see the vanguard match ending in just one episode, the vanguard match still takes up two episodes while the other two are spent on the remaining four matches. Either Senriyama or Achiga proceeds to finals.

The problem with this is, first of all, the pacing - I know they finished off the quarterfinals pretty quickly, but this is the semifinals after all. And we might have powerup fillers for Achiga if they are to reach the finals. I really have no idea how they'd manage to include some Shindouji/Senriyama/Achiga flashbacks alongside the matches themselves in just two episodes.

It may also be a letdown to see Shiraitodai's powers before the finals. They are the final boss of the nationals, after all.

4. The anime ends in the middle of the semi-finals, continuing later or only in the manga. They end with some sense of closure with the other Achiga girls comforting Kuro, Ryuuka comforting Toki, so on, and everyone getting fired up for the remaining matches against Shiraitodai.

This may be an unusual decision, but not entirely impossible.

As of now #1 seems most likely, but I don't want it to happen Need moar Shindouji flashbacks! Also need moar Achiga powerup and Senriyama's abilities
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 01:18   Link #1036
Marina2

@custardpie

Spoiler for Text wall:

.................................................. .....................

About situation in manga right now (quote from myself in myanimelist)

I think that Kuro will be the one who put an end this match with her first and only win (with a big hand (24000+ or Yakuman) too!) The hints are all around. As for how she'll do it, that will be a surprise prepared by author.

Believe me, Kuro will be the one to stop Teru. Teru cannot continue to win forever or game will never end, and it's unlikely that any of school's score will drop below zero as the match need to be continue untill the last player. Someone has to stopTeru to end the round anyway.

[Toki can't do anything anymore] is a hint that someone else will have to step into Toki place to stop Teru and the most suitable person is Kuro. Kuro may also get some help from Kirame and Toki if they see that Kuro has a chance to stop Teru.

...and Remember: The Her/heroine always pull out a surprise at the time you least expect. This always happen in anime/manga. Saki universe is not exception!

So, believe in KURO and ACHIGA!

P.S. You might notice that I seem to root for Kuro/Achiga a lot ,but for me, I want to see an underdog team surprise everyone. It will be more fun to read/watch. Just like when Kiyosumi beated Ryumonbushi.

Achiga, you don't need to win a tournament, just do something that make everyone remember your name!
Old 2012-05-27, 03:34   Link #1037
Used Can

Am I the only one who thinks Toki will faint and the match will end up cancelled? Teru has pretty much won the match, and the only thing anyone could pull at this point, at best, would be just one small "fuck you" at the end to Teru, but that'd be it.

Achiga was nowhere near Senriyama's level in their last match, and their little training shouldn't really put them on a level on par with Shiratodai by any means, or otherwise it'd be too far-fetched.

I'm sure the other girls will step-up their game a bit and manage some respect points here and there against the rest of Shiratodai, but I doubt they'll be able to even shake them. Shiratodai is pretty much Kiyosumi's fated rival. Changing that just to have them play against Achiga would be rather anticlimactic to me, even more so considering all the hype the Shiratodai girls have got, especially Awai.

Anyhow, I agree on the idea it was too early to show off Shiratodai, and even worse, have that team play against Achiga and Senriyama, when the rivalry between those two was building up rather well, and now instead of developing said newfound rivalry, Ritz pretty much pitted them against Shiratodai just to have them both get raped badly. It feels like a waste, and having either of those teams play on par, and even worse, beat Shiratodai would be a terrible idea.
Old 2012-05-27, 04:00   Link #1038
tsunade666

This match need 2 winners. The champion is obviously the winner. They are fighting for the second place and that's all they could hope for and I also think Toki needs ambulance
Old 2012-05-27, 04:15   Link #1039
Peanutbutter

My guess now is on an Akagi-like ending, though the possibility of one school (most probably Senriyama) being sent flying can't be discounted.

Also, studio Gokumi has to do quite a bit to bring in the other characters and add more scenes since the semi-finals are 100% mahjong and very little else of the others.

Since we'll be having a one week break in the anime, it's possible the manga end to the vanguard may coincide with the anime end. Is this part of the plan? We should see.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 04:18   Link #1040
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
My guess now is on an Akagi-like ending
Akagi-like? Look at Kuro, if anything, this feels like Kaiji by now.
ZAWA ZAWA

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri