AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 12.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 28.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-22, 14:42   Link #101
kimchipride
Geass User

yawn boring ep
Old 2007-12-22, 18:57   Link #102
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Is that legal? Or is that moral? For that matter?
This is Japan we're talking about. Even if she's not legal, I doubt she'd need more than 2-4 years.
Old 2007-12-22, 19:48   Link #103
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Is that legal? Or is that moral? For that matter?
As for moral, she is 11 (6th grade elementary) and he is 15/16 (first year high school, 10th grade). Four years is completely normal.
Old 2007-12-22, 23:15   Link #104
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
A trap?! Are you saying that Nanaka is actually a...
NNNNOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!1ONE!!!!

why did u have to go there??!!

Think its best to go to a long cold shower.......a very long cold shower
Old 2007-12-23, 08:32   Link #105
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Not a lot of emotion in this episode, Sana sure is dense when it comes to feelings.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:38   Link #106
DanielSong39

Maybe he isn't dense when it comes to feelings; he just needs the right person to bring them out...

It may be a longshot at this point but one can only hope.
Old 2007-12-23, 14:48   Link #107
GreatTeacherKen

I'm going to have to agree with most people that this episode came at a bad time.

While I didn't really mind the first part of the episode showing the aftermath of Shuri and Shuu's departure, everything else was pretty much pointless. At this stage, the writers should have focused on wrapping up the loose ends in the series. I actually think they should have resolved Nanaka's issues in this episode as opposed to the next one. Pushing the fire situation in the last episode is probably going to result in an extremely rushed ending and I'm also concerned that for all the build-up, Sana's problem might end being very anti-climactic due to the poor time management.

Watching this episode, I think that Myself; Yourself is better at portraying platonic love than romantic love. I really like the relationship between Shuu and Shuri. They're really the ideal siblings. I even think the friendship between Shuu and Sana is more interesting that Sana's romance with Nanaka. I guess I could say the latter feels a bit unnatural in a way and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they dragged out the whole Nanaka being jealous of Asami ordeal. Their interaction together isn't very interesting either, with the best romances, I can feel the couple's love for each other and perfectly understand why, but with Nanaka/Sana I just don't feel the connection.

I don't think it was necessary to have Nanaka be so scared of a lot of things. It kind of makes the couple seem too unbalanced in a way (too damsel-in-distressish)
Old 2007-12-23, 20:22   Link #108
bloodyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I'm going to have to agree with most people that this episode came at a bad time.

While I didn't really mind the first part of the episode showing the aftermath of Shuri and Shuu's departure, everything else was pretty much pointless. At this stage, the writers should have focused on wrapping up the loose ends in the series. I actually think they should have resolved Nanaka's issues in this episode as opposed to the next one. Pushing the fire situation in the last episode is probably going to result in an extremely rushed ending and I'm also concerned that for all the build-up, Sana's problem might end being very anti-climactic due to the poor time management.

Watching this episode, I think that Myself; Yourself is better at portraying platonic love than romantic love. I really like the relationship between Shuu and Shuri. They're really the ideal siblings. I even think the friendship between Shuu and Sana is more interesting that Sana's romance with Nanaka. I guess I could say the latter feels a bit unnatural in a way and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they dragged out the whole Nanaka being jealous of Asami ordeal. Their interaction together isn't very interesting either, with the best romances, I can feel the couple's love for each other and perfectly understand why, but with Nanaka/Sana I just don't feel the connection.

I don't think it was necessary to have Nanaka be so scared of a lot of things. It kind of makes the couple seem too unbalanced in a way (too damsel-in-distressish)
I see what you mean... Sana and Nanaka does not seem to be lovers... To me, as a matter of fact, they look like siblings to me... perhaps affected by Syuri and Syuu... I didn't say this without a reason... just look at their eyes and hair... completely the same...

A bit rush, yay... i do agree... perhaps the last episode may not be the last episode at all... may be we may have a special episode talking about the real ending of this anime... i do want to know what happened to Sana in the past than Nanaka... Speaking of Nanaka, is the plot saying that her sensei is the one who did the arson?!
Old 2007-12-24, 01:14   Link #109
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

wonder if it will have a psycho ending... *cough*schoo...cough*

this episode was not as exciting as 11...i have high expectations ever since someone got stab

aoi-chan's voice it really painful
Old 2007-12-24, 01:33   Link #110
DanielSong39

It's quite ironic that Shuusuke and Shuri look more like lovers than Sana and Nanaka.

At the rate they're going the writers should just throw out a cliffhanger at the end of episode 12 and say, "If you want to know what happens next, buy the game".

Can't be that much worse than what we're seeing.
Old 2007-12-24, 06:48   Link #111
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

To me its typical of the main protagonist to not get with a girl but i really hope he does, to me it looks set to be Nanaka, but to me it looks like they all love him from Aoi and even Shuri, will this end like school days???.
But to me i can only see one ending which is the kiss between Sana and Nanaka.

Spoiler for My Theroy Of Sana's Past:

Last edited by ReizoSan; 2007-12-24 at 10:24. Reason: spoiler removed
Old 2007-12-24, 12:09   Link #112
arkxkra
全力全開

1 more episode to go. hope Nanaka can play back violin at the end of the last episode(seem like a bit rush).
Old 2007-12-24, 15:09   Link #113
UPR

Could there be a possiblity of maybe a time skip? where they show all of them re-united. I don't know just throwing something that has not been mentioned.
Old 2007-12-24, 17:11   Link #114
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Could there be a possiblity of maybe a time skip? where they show all of them re-united. I don't know just throwing something that has not been mentioned.
Spoiler for follow on:
Old 2007-12-24, 21:22   Link #115
GreatTeacherKen

Um, I think UPR means something like this:

After Nanaka and Sana's issues are solved, the anime jumps forward/ skips ahead a few months or years and shows all the friends reuniting.

What you're suggesting is time travel, though that would be an unexpected ending.
Closed Thread