AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 12:36   Link #661
Jill Valentine

i am doing the same thing but i can't import the video what should i do please help me
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 23:58   Link #662
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

I'm having some troubles with opening a mkv file in Virtual Dub, I tried AviSynth but it doesn't work, can somebody explain the procedure more clearly please.

(I am kind of stupid when it come to things like this so thanks to who ever tries to answer my question)
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 00:39   Link #663
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=431070

There's nothing to explain, it doesn't get more idiot proof then that.
Please try to explain what you're doing so that we may guess what it is you're doing wrong.
Old 2008-04-14, 12:38   Link #664
Jill Valentine

it says it doesent exist i mean the video when i import it in imageready
Old 2008-04-14, 17:03   Link #665
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You don't import the video to IR. Please use VirtualDub as specified to rip the screens then import to IR the folder containing the frames. Just as you would for a normal one.
Old 2008-04-14, 20:05   Link #666
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=431070

There's nothing to explain, it doesn't get more idiot proof then that.
Please try to explain what you're doing so that we may guess what it is you're doing wrong.
This is what my video.avs looks like:
Quote:
DirectShowSource("D:\BitTornado\[SS-Eclipse] Kyouran Kazoku Nikki - 01 (XviD) [3AFFBD34].avi")
When I tried to open it with VirtualDub, it says something like:
Old 2008-04-14, 21:32   Link #667
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Try installing XviD. (see: Index - shortFAQ for link)
Old 2008-04-14, 22:19   Link #668
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Well, at least I can work my XviDs now!
Thank you!
Old 2008-04-16, 12:32   Link #669
Jill Valentine

oh lol how stupid i am and i dont have virtual dub can you tell me where to download it?
Old 2008-04-16, 21:05   Link #670
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Google is your friend. The alternative to google (when it comes to software) is Sourceforge. A lot of projects call it home. (including VirtualDub) Either are very efficient at finding things for you.

Have fun. And next time think before you ask.
Old 2008-04-17, 10:26   Link #671
Jill Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Google is your friend. The alternative to google (when it comes to software) is Sourceforge. A lot of projects call it home. (including VirtualDub) Either are very efficient at finding things for you.

Have fun. And next time think before you ask.
lol ok i will next time thx for the help anyway
btw which one should i download vd win or vd experimental?and i dont know how to open zip files

Last edited by Jill Valentine; 2008-04-17 at 10:33. Reason: forgot to type something
Old 2008-04-17, 11:11   Link #672
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

A .zip file is a Archive; a encoded version of the original meant to save space.
You can de-Archive it with programs like 7-Zip.
Old 2008-04-20, 01:06   Link #673
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

<----------------

Ok made my first animated avatar. In any case I have some questions...

1. How do I save an animated gif so that I can open it again with all the frames in animation mode?
2. Is there a way to slow down the animation? Or do I have to choose carefully the fps when first opening the image sequence? Or it doesn't even matter, it only goes at playback pace. (you can't change how fast it is played)
3. I tried what someone said, File > Import > Video Frames to Layers and used "*.*" and picked the gif file, but CS3 crashed at this part, i'm not sure why... Does anyone know any way of opening a gif in photoshop with frames already there for you?
4. After I followed the tutorial on File > Scripts > Load Files into stack, I am able to crop one layer and it will automatically do the same to all the layers, but when I add a border, it only does it to one layer. How will I be able to add a border to one layer so that it affects the rest? Or is my only option is to follow the last portion of Uzumaki's tutorial where I have to make actions?

Thanks.

Last edited by Synria_; 2008-04-20 at 02:20.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 09:29   Link #674
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Old CS2 & New CS3
  1. As long as you open with ImageReady you will have your frames. If you want the non-optimized version then make sure to do a Save As..., and save it as PSD (PhotoShop Document)

2. In the animation window under each frame there is such a thing as a frame rate. You can choose whatever you wish. For the fastest do not choose 0 but 0.01 as it tends to be faster for certain programs which display GIFs. Each frame can be tuned individually. You also have a option at the bottom left (? if I rem member right) where you can choose weather the animation should loop or stop at the last frame.

3. (no idea)

4. The border must be on it's own empty layer which should be positioned in your Layer Pallet on top of all other layers. It should also be visible on all frames.
Old 2008-04-24, 04:05   Link #675
sa547
*Author

Thanks to this tutorial, and the trick to use the Grab function that came with FFDShow, this one below is one of my better products:

Sometimes because there's an instance in which there are duplicate images for two frames or more, causing the resulting GIF to look slow, so I had to remove the duplicate frames to "speed" up the animation.
Old 2008-05-01, 10:42   Link #676
Jill Valentine

i cant get it when i dl vd and i extract the zip files in one folder in my desktop i get 4 or 5 files and i cant open them can you explain how i should de archive?
Old 2008-05-01, 17:04   Link #677
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Question... I upload an animated gif as my avatar but its not animated... is there a different format i need to use to make it animated?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 18:13   Link #678
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

@HayashiTakara
Your avatar has only one layer, so it wasn't saved in a format that permits animation. Perhaps you accidentally chose an option to flatten the layers into one while saving?

@soulassassin: Usually I remove all the duplicate frames and adjust the timings manually by changing the length of time each frame is displayed. If an animator wants to maintain a single image on screen for a duration of time, the easiest thing to do is to duplicate that frame as often as needed. With animated gifs you can set the timings of each individual layer. This enables you to minimize the size of the file, yet still vary the timings.

If you run a differencing filter on the image, it should throw out the duplicate frames itself and adjust the timings accordingly. The "Optimize for GIF" filter in the GIMP does this, for instance.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 18:25   Link #679
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

nvm I figured it out!

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2008-05-01 at 19:39.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 10:45   Link #680
Aijou
Shakugan no Shana Addict

This is my first GIF avatar ever made ( 100x100 and less than 50kb, GIMP software ):

I didn't realise it's that hard to make a GIF.
Now I must try to figure out how to add border. I always mess up at those ( I'll just read the previous posts, i'm new at this ).
Aijou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated gifs, graphics